Group 32

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Masked jackal
Noble

Post by Masked jackal »

Possibilities whirred through Mynaths head as the paper was presented. Unfortunately, she was unfamiliar with these proceedings. Such a paper could be used as...a pass? To say one belonged to a particular clan? "Membership of something?"
8th Edition Druchii War Report:
W/D/L: 30/1/15
http://www.freedomstudios.net/boredlife/boards/index.php?sid=18db5076e750fafca78c5ae7ed86bab3
Bored Life: Forum for RPs and general discussion in need of new blood. PM for details.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Athyia stopped over and crouched down beside the dying corsair, almost completely unaware or at least taking absolutely no notice of the Khainite as she sat besider her, wrenching a bolt from her thigh in a spray of crimson fluid. The Mage had only entered the aftermath of the combat to retrieve the fallen weapon of the corsair, since none of the others seemed interested in taking it. She picked up the strange mechanical weapon and turned it this way and that, quickly learning how to set the firing mechanism but not yet loosing any bolts. There were only a handful of the barbed darts inside the device, and none of the corsairs seemed to be carrying any more. She would have to use the weapon sparingly, lest it run out.

As she got back to her feet, Athyia noticed the blood that covered parts of the crossbow. She looked back down at the Khainite, who had just torn the bolt from her thigh and let it fall to the floor between them. Curiously, Athyia lifted the crossbow to her face and took a closer look, her gaze then passing between the dead corsair she had taken the weapon from and the somewhat enraged Amalii at her feet. Athyia brought the handbow to her lips and licked a few droplets of the blood, tasting them on the tip of her tongue for a moment and then shrugging her shoulders. It tasted like the blood of the corsair, for Athyia reckoned the blood of the Khainite would be purer, perhaps all the sweeter.

She bent down beside the Khainite once again, and for the briefest of moments one might of thought she was going to offer her a helping hand...

"I'm assuming you don't want to keep this?" she sneered, retrieving the blood soaked crossbow bolt and adding it to her stockpile for later use.

Athyia will offer no opinion on the note. In fact, she won't even care to take a look unless someone actually shows it to her. Either way, Athyia will fall back into place, dark and silent at the back of the group.
Dragonsbreath
Warrior

Post by Dragonsbreath »

Amalii shrugged at Mynath's suggestion. She took another sip from the bottle in her hand, wracking her mind for options. Athylia once again kept her own counsel, and Amalii wasn't about to ask the stuck-up druchii for a second time.
"Right then," she muttered, stuffing the parchment back into her pocket. The delay was beginning to erode Amalii's patience, and the khainite had little enough to begin with. She breathed out deeply, trying to keep her explosive anger in check. Subconsciously, Amalii's free hand went to the hilt of her dagger, Bloodthorn. The khainite downed the remainder of her bottle and slung it aside, resulting in a shower of broken glass against the nearby wall.

"Mynath, that barmaid might know what the paper means - see if you can wake her up," the khainite directed, nodding towards the bar. Before the autarii could object, Amalii had rounded on Athyia - who had once again retreated away from her supposed companions,
"See if you can find Drasnir or Arkath. You can manage that, can't you?" Amalii asked sweetly, as if talking to a child. Her piece said, the khainite watched the pair. She hoped their sense of practicality would outweigh their indignation, but very much doubted that it would.

Amalii will put the paper back into her pocket and then do her best to direct her companions. Should they comply (!), then Amalii will search the other corsairs for anything of worth. If one or both of them want to argue... Well, she's more than happy to shout them down.
Amalii Kayth - Trainee of Khaine (Group 32)
Ws4 | S4 | T3 | D5 | I 2
Equipment: Short Sword, 'Bloodthorn'(Dagger), Necklace
Gold: 10
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy
Masked jackal
Noble

Post by Masked jackal »

Mynath nodded at Amalii's suggestion. She wasn't one to argue, Druchii were creatures who would keep a secret if they could, she was sure that was the same for all of them.

Of course, any Druchii would give up their secret if they realized it meant their life. It was time to test that theory. How did these smelly city Elves hold up under pressure? Mynath scanned over the bar for some intact container with some liquid in it.

Mynath will first pour something on the barmaid. If that doesn't work, perhaps a kick. No dawdling around while there's four dead bodies in the front part of the bar.
http://www.freedomstudios.net/boredlife/boards/index.php?sid=18db5076e750fafca78c5ae7ed86bab3
Bored Life: Forum for RPs and general discussion in need of new blood. PM for details.
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

Drasnir stifles a yawn as he wanders around the slowly accelerating market, true daylight finally being given leeway from the, what seems, an exceptionally long night. With the sunlight comes more and more merchants, sailors, and shouts as the docks come alive with life. The shade does his best to appear inconspicuous, taking his time looking at what few stalls are already open, and sitting down upon a set of crates for a time, closing his eyes... but not quite. The shade watches as the guards in front of the warehouse are greeted by two others, the pairs trading banter about the night (and something about a person pretending to be a guardmaster) and positions. The guards cracked their necks and stretched as they wandered towards the nearest inn, and Drasnir smiled a bit when a group of men equipped to the teeth in blades of all sorts stomped through the crowd and into the guards path. Drasnir hoped for a fight to break out, something to, at the very least, occupy his mind, but hostile words were all he got before the groups went off in different directions. Of course, the shade kept an eye on the factory... he still couldn't see any smoke, thinking that perhaps the homeless had put out the fire before it spread too far.
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

Mynath nodded at Amalii and careened over to the bar. Dipping behind through the swing door, the shade looked down at the unconscious barmaid; her breathing was slow and shallow, a bit of blood dripping from somewhere under her hair. Kicking over a glass as he approached, Mynath reaches under the bar and pulls out a large glass bottle, the green liquid inside sloshing about. The shade bites down on the cork, wrenching it free and spitting it towards the barmaid. Pouring the liquid over the face of the unconscious female, her bodies spasms as she coughs, her mind still aching for any oxygen it can get. Her body slouches forward and falls, her head now hitting the wood floor, blood beginning to drip steadily from her wound.

Mynath grunts and purses his lips. The shade takes his black boot and kicks into the woman's chest; the wind shoots from her lungs, and she struggles to take in air, her body still limp and loose.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - Just to let you know I am not absent, just waiting for something to go by before I post. Athyia was left out of the last modpost(s) so I will wait for one of the others to take point and then follow their lead...
Dragonsbreath
Warrior

Post by Dragonsbreath »

OOC - @Kinslayer. Sorry if it wasn't clear, but 'See if you can find Drasnir or Arkath. You can manage that, can't you?' was aimed at Athyia, should you wish to act upon that.
Ws4 | S4 | T3 | D5 | I 2
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - You were clear Dragonsbreath, I just forgot you had said that by the time the modpost came around! Doh! Still, without trying to sound rude it would at least be nice if Athyia had some mention in each modpost, even if it's just to say she is still standing in the same place waiting to act...

IC -

Athyia considered the handbow for a few minutes, turning it this way and that and examining the firing mechanism, pushing the blood covered bolt into the clip along with the other five so that it was ready to use. She then fastened the weapon to her belt in a place she could easily draw it when necessary, before turning her attention back to the others. They were over by the bar, looking over some sort of note and seemingly torturing the unconcious bar maid. Athyia had little interest in such things, and she was just considering what her next move might be when the Khainite girl called over to her, asking her if she could go find either of the others. As much as the Khainites' tone annoyed the Mage, she was not about to cause another argument. Without another word, she turned and walked briskly from the tavern, slipping back into the shadows outside, the deaths of the corsairs still invigouring her mind and body.

The last time she had seen the Shade he had been in the factory, a place Athyia had already visited and found nothing of interest. Not caring if the Shade was still in there or somewhere else, she instead remembered the chain covered beastmaster, Arkath. The last time she saw the strange man he had been heading over to the waterside, so she decided to go take a look for him over there. If she couldn't find him immediately, she wouldn't waste any more of her time trying. In fact, with the strength of the corsairs' deaths still coursing through her veins, she had a mind to go back to the guards outside the factory and tear their spirits from their bodies. Perhaps Drasnir would accompany her on such a venture, though she still didn't fancy looking for the Shade, knowing he would probably be too hard to find anyway.

Athyia will take a quick look at the docks for Arkath (I know he quit, but she doesn't know that yet). If she can't find him (which she won't...) she will instead wander around hoping to bump into Drasnir. If she does, she will suggest going back and giving the guards another talking to (as she does not know they have changed shift, of course). If she can't find either of them, or Drasnir will not accompany her back to the factory and/or reveals that there was nothing there, she will just go back to the tavern...
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

The lack of smoke billowing from the factory slightly concerned Drasnir, it might become slightly awkward if its homeless residents survived. Still they never saw me, so even if they do make it out of there I should have nothing to fear..

Drasnir was considering following the group of men who had confronted the guards when he saw the sinister figure of Athyia moving through the market. Making a quick mental note of which way the men went Drasnir went to talk to the mage. "How goes the hunt? And where is Arkath?"

Drasnir will talk to Athyia and await her response.
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Athyia spent a few minutes walking along the waters edge, looking for the chain covered beastkeeper, but when her search returned nothing at all she quickly lost interest and began heading back towards the factory. It was then that Drasnir seemed to appear from the crowd right beside her, the stealthy Druchii almost taking her by suprise. In fact, if her othersenses had not realised the Shade was approaching, he might even have made her jump. The hooded mercenary asked after their companion, to which Athyia casually shrugged her shoulders, pulling down her deep hood to reveal her black and purple hair, and peircing violet eyes.

"It seems the beast man has abandoned us. Perhaps he found out something and wanted to continue his quest alone, or perhaps he simply lost interest in this game. Either way, I cannot sense him here... not anymore."

She paused, a little unsure where to proceed from there, before continuing.

"Your aura suggests the factory revealed no useful secrets? The others are still in the tavern, I think they found something..."

Athyia will wait for Drasnirs' lead.
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

One down already, aren't we doing well. However I suppose it means a bigger pay off at the end.

"Aren't you a perceptive one. No the factory revealed no useful secrets, although it did reveal an interesting one. This Vindik Kay is no slaver, or if he is he also moonlights in dealing arms to the lesser races, so I'm guessing when we find him he and his men will be well armed."

Having answered Athyia's question Drasnir looked around trying to spot any of his other companions. "What's taking everyone so long?" He wondered aloud before turning to the sorceress once more. "Did you find out anything about those guards? It seems they had a bit of an unpleasant confrontation when they finished their shift, no blood was spilled but still it was interesting. I was contemplating following one of the partys when I saw you."

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Masked jackal
Noble

Post by Masked jackal »

Ugh, this biatch just refuses to wake up. "Cmon, little barmaid, you don't want the Khainite to do this..." If she was awake at all, that would almost certainly keep her from doing anything. Even among the Autarii, the Khainite were famous for their bloodlust. It was likely similar among these people.

Mynath will continue trying to wake up the barmaid, using the threat of the Khainite taking over to make sure that she doesn't pull tricks.
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

About time for a mod post, yes? Its a busy, busy time for me, and sorry for the slow response time. Fingol and Kinslayer, your conversation doesn't require a mod post, so I will let that continue without my interference.

Mynath peeres over the barmaid, her shallow breaths only becoming weaker and thinner with every passing second. The blood seeping from her head wound is pooling against the wall, falling between cracks in the wood and staining the floor in thick red. She is dying, that much is certain. The stench of blood is covering the room, soon-to-be five dead bodies filling the inn with a sweet foulness only Druchii find appealing, spreading quickly amongst the thin morning air. In the back of both Mynath and Amalii's minds, they know they have been pressing their luck; first coming to the inn to demand answers, then rushing the corsairs (no matter how hungover), and finally vaulting over to slam into the barmaid (and now watching her bleed to death on the floor)... and their luck may have finally run out. It was quick; a squeak of the door. A thin, youthful face peers into and scans the room. Mynath and Amalii spin and catch the eyes of the youth, who's own eyes stare only momentarily at the corpses. Before anyone can move, the door slam shut, and the shade and khainite can hear the sound of boots spinning on the dirt outside and bolting off at a run...
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Athyia listened as the black clad Shade continued their discussion, asking if she had learned anything at all of interest and confirming her suspicions that he himself had not.

"No, I do not believe I have gleaned any useful information in my own searches. Still, the Khainite girl and the other Shade may have found something, so I suggest we return to the tavern and regroup. We can always tail the guards afterwards, with numbers on our side."

She paused, indicating towards the tavern with her head, but waited for Drasnir to lead the way. She was getting quite impatient now, they had been down the docks for some time and she could think of better ways to pass her time than questioning barmaids and searching out empty factories. The tip of her staff was pulsing a dull amethystine purple, a sign those who might one day know her would come to learn as an effect of her sullen mood.

The sooner we find this Vindik Kay and murder him the better. I can almost taste his life essence already.

Will wait and see what Drasnir says next, or will follow him to the tavern. If he goes somewhere else she will still go back to the tavern, wanting to find the others and get a move on.
Masked jackal
Noble

Post by Masked jackal »

It only took a glance more after that to realize that the barmaid was dying. Blood leaking out the head was never a good sign. This is taking too long, we've gotten all we can get. Placing a hand on the bar, Mynath looked at Amalii, opened her mouth to speak...

...and that was when she heard the squeak of the door. A youthful face at the door, whom Mynath didn't recognize. And then it shut, and she heard the run. "We've taken too long, let's get out of here!" She had been unsure how much traffic a place like this would take, but it seemed that a place like this would eventually get visitors. A lesson for later, if possible. Never linger around. Now, they'd need to try to keep from panicking and making more witnesses.

Mynath will start getting out of there. She will do her best to look natural, perhaps someone on a hurried errand.
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

OOC: I have just moved into university and won't get my own laptop until the 6th of October so my posting until then will be sparodic I'm afraid.

Drasnir felt a slight sense of disappointment as Athyia turned down his suggestion of tailing one of the two groups but decided to accept her advice, hoping to foster some good will for the future. "No sense of adventure then? Fine we shall return to our companions."

Drasnir will follow Athyia to the bar.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Dragonsbreath
Warrior

Post by Dragonsbreath »

OOC: Right, sorry for the delay.

IC:

Just as Amalii was beginning to enjoy the inferred dominance over her companions, her exultation was cut short by an intruding figure in the bar doorway. The Khainite swore as the young druchii fled the scene. There was no way she was catching him in her current state, and Mynath was on the other side of the room.
"Khaine's Teeth," she cursed again, casting about for a suitable bandage for her wounded thigh. There was little she could do about her blood drenched form, but staunching the flow from her leg would be a good start.

Quickly, Amalii's gaze settled upon the clothing of the recently deceased. Crouching carefully, so as to put as little strain upon the wound as possible, she began tearing strips from the dead druchii's clothing. As she worked, she called across to Mynath,
"Hurry and search the others, this can't have all been for nothing"

Amalii will tear/cut strips of cloth from the corsair's cloaks and clothes to use as bandages. She will tie them firmly around her leg to try and staunch the bleeding. As she does so, Amalii will suggest that Mynath search the bodies of the remaining three corsairs. When she has completed her task, she will exit the building with as much inconspicuously as a blood drenched khainite can muster.
Ws4 | S4 | T3 | D5 | I 2
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

Drasnir and Athyia turned together, the pair winding their way through the square where the inn, factory, and harbor master's house met. With the rising sun come more and more bodies to the dockyard; besides the merchants (and their steady shouts), a group of Druchii are walking a dozen slaves, greenskins, human, and dwarf, past the stalls. Each slave is thin, weak, and their faces are sunken in from malnourishment. They are all chained together at the hands and feet, walking (as best as can be expected) left, right, left, right... They are heading down the dockside. Walking past the cold one's pen, the beast issues a low growl at the slaves, their scent wafting over the cold one's nostrils.

As the two move into view of the tavern, Drasnir catches sight of a young elf slamming the thick wooden door and rushing into the crowd, shoving through older (and crueler) druchii. The young one darts between stalls, skidding to a stop as he catches the two guards who were heading in the direction of the inn already. His movements are wild and exaggerated, but very quickly the three are running back towards the inn.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Athyia followed Drasnir through the busying markets of the docks, heading back in the direction of the tavern. They were over half way there when a procession of slaves went past in chains, led by some sort of slaver corsair. This perked the Mages' interest, however just as she was about to act on the matter she saw the girl who had fled the tavern reach a pair of guards. Hurried words were exchanged, and then the guards turned and ran back to the tavern. Amalii and Mynath were still in there, and although Athyia felt no ties of comradeship to either of them, what they had found on the paper earlier may well prove useful in their search. Athyia wanted the gold reward more than any of them, of that she was sure, for she longed to be away from this place for dark reasons all of her own.

She turned momentarily and weighed up her options, watching the slaves move off through the crowds, then back to the guards no doubt about to attack the others. At last she came to a decision, hoping the Shade would be intelligent and brave enough to go along with it. The power of the corsairs' deaths still coursed through her veins, and she knew that if she didn't make the most of the death energies soon they would dissipate with the winds. Not willing to let such precious tendrils of power go to waste, the Mage decided to intervene at the tavern and help kill the guards. However, they could not afford to lose sight of the slaves, not when they might lead them straight to their target. That was where the Shade would come in.

Athyia turned to Drasnir, "I'm going after the others, you're the one best suited to tailing them slaves. I should be able to locate you again afterwards, but I require a drop of your blood."

Athyia will wait and see what Drasnir says, hoping to forge a temporary link to him using his blood so she can track him down (if that's possible), before going in after the guards. She will let them enter the tavern without revealing herself, then sneak in immediately behind them. Straight away she will try to unleash the stored up death energy into the nearest guard, rotting away his years until only dust remains. If the situation calls for it, she will also give the girl who summoned the guards a heavy blow from the base of her staff.
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

Drasnir watched as the procesion of slaves ambled past, creatures from a wide variety of lesser races, all humbled before the might of the Druchii. The chances of those slaves being something to do with our man are probably a million to one, he thought despondantly.

As he watched the last of the slaves shuffle by something else caught his eye, with interest he watched a young elf dart from the inn as if the very hounds of Khorne pursued him. Wondering what inspired such alarm Drasnir continued to observe as the young elf attracted the attention of the two guards, whom he had seen earlier, and then accompanied them at a run back towards the inn. Whatever it is I wouldn't like to be in its position now.

That was when Athyia spoke and Drasnir realised that it was most likely his companions who were the source of the disturbance. Still the mage was kind enough to provide Drasnir with an alternive to taking on the heavily armed guards. Following some manacled slaves sounds safer than tangling with the watch, even if it is a wild goose chase.

Fine, try and keep them alive if you could. I'll see what I can find out about these slaves. As for blood I trust this will suffice, although if you try and cast any foul enchantments on me I shall ensure that the last thing I do is drive this sword through that cold heart of yours. With a cold grin Drasnir pricked his finger upon the tip of his sword and profered it Athyia.

Drasnir will offer the blood to Athyia and then follow the slaves, doing his best to remain discrete

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5