The group 34 OOC thread > basically dead

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

Calisson wrote:I just realize that I've been once again unnecessarily too long in my explanations.
I should have assumed that Smiler has a thorough experience in travelling abroad, shouldn't I? ;)
If so, just delete my post. You're the mod, after all.

Well that's a start I guess :roll:

I should be able to get you all into the tavern by the time I leave, so you can kill time there untill I find stable access to the internet. Then, depending on how long it will be before I am back in a house of my own rather than temporary hired holiday homes and rentals (*sigh*), I will try to get you to the Ironcliff estate so Gareth can dismiss you to go off on mini-adventures of your own till I get back in front of a computer.

Some conditions for your adventures will be: no lootz, no causing (much) havoc to major population centres, no dressing as witch elves on parade, there is no lizardman conspiracy and neither you nor anyone around you are shadowblade... Even if they're shadowblade :P
Opus vos liberaverit
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

smiler666 wrote: no dressing as witch elves on parade

That's hardly fair on Calis, is it? :lol:

We've already moved into the tavern, just waiting for everyone to be seated, for Kayla to order food and the other two/three to order drinks... Then we'll share a few epic tales. That should take us a week or two, maybe three depending on how active we are...

Then our characters can do other fun things - Khitai might have plans with Kayla and vice versa, and there's something Kayla needs to do on her own (but I can't tell you what that is ;) ).

Do I detect a Neverwinter Nights reference?
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

MiniGrift wrote:Kayla isn't really the 'story telling' type, but she does have one story to share, would Calis be interested?
Calis'Shad, probably. Me, certainly! :D
Actually, Kayla has shown an occasional great aptitude to epic descriptions.

At the moment, I'd like Kensou and Assani to have Ignat and Khitai get a seat and talk a little bit.

I'm sure that Smiler won't mind if we get some waiter to come after a while and get the orders. I would expect this to happen after the conversation has started.
If Smiler doesn't intervene, may I suggest that each of you picked up one of the following sceneries (myself, I've already taken care of the tavern itself, albeit too quickly, I realize):
- taking orders (describe the waiter(-ess) to your taste),
- bringing the meals (describe the meals & drinks to your taste),
- clearing the table and bringing the bill (describe the bill to your taste).
Of course, as soon as Smiler resumes duty, he resumes control.

-=-=-

Not sure about Neverwinter Night, but I sure can tell that there is a reference to Syjahel's list.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

I'm fairly certain the Lizardmen conspiracy from Syjahel's List is in fact a reference to Neverwinter Nights... But don't quote me on that!

I, too, would like the other members of the group(s) to join us. At the moment I want to hear Ignat's story since Calis has callously prompted one from him :roll:

And, of course, I want to read Khitai's reactions to Kayla's behaviour :D

Calisson, since daddy is still present, I have a stipulation to ask. If you could grant me this one boon then the two of us, you and me, Calisson and MiniGrift, will get along just fine ;)

If not things will get ugly and we might return to that 'bad place' where, I'm sure, neither of us wishes to return - I've lost enough sleep because of those... discussions!

My favour is; could you restrain yourself and refrain from offering and insisting upon page long explanations explaining things that do not need explaining or need an explanation?

If, however, you must or feel compelled to explain something, keep it brief. A sentence or two is fine, a paragraph at the most. Better yet, ask if I would like to be talked to like an idiot. It would be the polite thing to do, wouldn't it? :roll:

Think you could manage that? (A 'yes' or 'no' answer would be desirable.)

Looking forward to sharing some epic adventures 8)
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

My post is up btw. A bit of self irony and humor this time :oops: 8)

Khitai - Khanite - Group 38
WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Skills: Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting
Equipment: 2xfine scimitars, dagger
Inventory: Gold 30, Crowns 40, 1 Red ruby
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Have seen it already. Made me laugh, will respond in the morning ;)

By the way, Calisson, my dear, just trying to keep the peace. Hope you understand that :)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

@ MiniGrift
Golden Rule
One should not write unnecessary sentences that one would not like to read.
I'd be happy that both of us abided by this wisdom.
If you understand that, you may select to edit the post to which I am answering.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Is that a yes? An agreement?

If it is, I'll happily edit my post ;)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

@ MiniGrift
What are you complaining about exactly?
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

I am not and was not complaining about anything :p
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Great! :D
So if you have nothing to complain about, I see no stipulation for you to ask.
Thanks.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

I was asking a favour, not complaining. Can you do it or not, yes or no?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Well, why couldn't you wait until you needed that favour?
That would avoid you to owe me one. ;)

Read again the previous page of this thread, it is not so old that we may have forgotten.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

By the time I needed that favour it would be too late as you would already have given me a page long explanation!!

That is why I asked in advance :P

But fine, if you wish to be an asshole, so be it!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

MiniGrift wrote:if you wish to be an asshole, so be it!
I would apreciate you to meditate the golden rule (found in Wikipedia, link provided already) and the previous page of this thread.
Once you've done that, if you care for an apology, I'll forgive you.

In case you needed more detailed explanations:
If you don't like page long arguing, don't start them, contrary to what you are doing right now.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Oh, an apology? I would indeed care for an apology, thank you :D

I asked a simple question hoping you would do me a favour to save both of us future hassles!

You chose to ignore that question, so I asked again. Yes? That an agreement? Once again, no answer.

Once again, I asked and kept it simple: yes or no? Once again, no answer!

What is your problem? Can't you just answer a simple question?

This is exactly the type of nonsense I hoped to avoid. Why couldn't you just give me a straight answer the first time I asked?

I do not mind 'owing you a favour', that's what friends are for ;)

If you had just said 'yes' or 'I agree' when - or even 'no' or 'I don't agree' would have been better than you ignoring the question entirely - I prompted you (numerous times) I would have happily have edited my post and we both could have gotten on with our lives!
Kensou
Black Guard

Post by Kensou »

Shut up
Name: Ignat (Group 39)
Class: Mage
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Staff, Short Sword, Robe.
Skills: Power of Aqshy(1), Defensive Fighting.
Inventory: Pendant
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

No more posts till I get to a computer. Seriously guys, this is pissing me off
Opus vos liberaverit
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

well congratulations are in order, boys and girls, you have successfully pissed me off.

If this is what happens when I mention that I won't be around for a while, then I am actually worried what state the threads will be in when I get back after a month. While I agree entirely with what you are not-quite-but-definitely-trying-to-say Calisson, a simple yes/no answer would have sufficed to Mini's question and even if you really had to point out the irony in writing seven lines plus a half dozen empty lines to say 'try not to write long posts while the bossman's away' you could have pointed it out, rather than dancing around the fact and making stupid oblique statements and links to wiki sites while actually avoiding saying anything of any use or relevance. And Mini, while I share your misgiving for Cal's tendency to over explain this is the second time you have ranted at him without any need or provocation and run to me when he argues back, as I said before I can't exactly reprimand Cal for an argument you started.

I am honestly on the brink of kicking you both out just to try and regain some stability in the group. In fact I am so bored of all this crap that I have more than once considered just saying 'frig it' and closing the entire group down just to stop having to deal with it.

so play nice or you won't get to bloody play at all.

EDIT: apparently D.net knows how to de-blue my curses, my compliments go the the clever admin/webdesigner/fellow who thought that up.
Opus vos liberaverit
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Thanks, Smiler & Kensou.

Actually, a "no" was not really an option, was it? :roll:

@ smiler666
I understand your feeling. I had a similar feeling with Gr34 a couple of months ago, for quite a similar cause.
I stayed because I did not want the new participants to RPG to find themselves out of RP business.

Now, if you would have an easier time with group 34 without Calis'Shad and me, I can do this favour.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

All I wanted was an answer to a question. It should not have been difficult.

A favour for our mutual benefit was what I was hoping for, to stop nonsense like this happening while you were away.

Instead of giving me an answer (either positive or negative) Calisson chose to be an asshole about it.

Well, I can guarantee this won't happen again because I am leaving Group 34. Obviously, I would like to stay and play on, but if Calison is staying then I think it best that I leave.
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

In that case I think this will be the end of G34, at least for the foreseeable future. We had a good run and killed a whole lot of a lesser race, but with the lack of unaffiliated characters to restock our numbers I think it's best just to end it with everyone chatting merrily in a tavern rather than try to push on and force a game that people lose interest in.

Apologies to Assani and Kensou. You can all find your characters here if you want to put them back in the CC thread
Opus vos liberaverit
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

It is a shame it had to come to this!

If you change your mind and wish to continue, Smiler, I will leave so the other 3 can remain in the RP.

Thank you for being a great mod, though :)

Assani, thank you for giving Kayla a chance, was fun while it lasted! Perhaps Kayla and Khitai will meet again in another life ;)

Kensou, sorry you had to get wrapped up in this, I hope it won't dampen your enthusiasm for any future roleplaying!

For now I have had enough and have taken Nathra out of Group 38 as well. Just taking a break from roleplaying for a while.

Might even go back to Teaching...
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

@ MiniGrift:
Your "question" was not a question but a stipulation, i.e. not friendly.
Suddenly you required me to make a childish promise to behave, or to declare war.
I tried not to answer to this provocation, to evade the question, to indicate that the question was not one to ask, to let you edit it off.
All you could do was to escalate. Shame indeed.

@ Kensou and Assani.
It would be nice if you said something about Gr34 and your wishes.
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Aww MG no! Don't let one bad seed ruin the experience for you. Group 38 is picking up to be great craic. Plus gotta keep the Dee representin'! Knock back a few at your local, have a moan with your mates and then come on back and have some fun with us in Ulthuan :).
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)