The group 34 OOC thread > basically dead

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

okey, so here's the plan: I'll do another couple of posts back and forth with Mini/Kayla, while Cal and Khitai chat, then I'll the bring the group back together and do a little bit of time travel to move the ship on in its travels. Next modpost will be tomorrow evening so Assani can have a chance to post beforehand if he wants to do anything that needs modding, otherwise it will just be Gareth and Kayla talking. Is that good with everyone?
Opus vos liberaverit
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Fine.
To knock the door was just a way to let Assani come back into play if he wished.
If not necessary, just don't reply and we'll wait for Kayla to be ready for adventure.
No wonder if that's the lady who we have to wait for. ;)
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

That's fine with, Smiler :)

Kayla is at a vital moment/turning point both in her life and in the RP - so got to play it carefully!

Trying to keep my posts to a minimum by cramming in as much as possible. Think the group wants to get back together RP'ing again so we can continue the story.

She will also wish to talk to Calis and Khitai once the pleasant chat with Gareth is finished with - suppose we can do that at any time. Got loose ends to tie up, Kayla has a few things to get off her considerable chest :roll:
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Assani wrote:OOC:
Hey. I am on vacation, so I won't be able to post for two weeks. The network here is terrible, and I only have my IPhone with me.

If smiler wants to mod post me, that's fine. That way I don't hold the group back.

Cya in two weeks time:)
Kayl & Cal both asked Gareth about his plans.
The floor is given to Gareth.

Kayl expects to go home, Cal wishes to remain abroad.
That should be enough to keep hot discussions, fueled furthermore by the now legendary reciprocal feelings of Kayl & Cal. ;)

The wounded Khainite's need to rest might be a moderator to the heat of discussions, though.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Hope you're enjoying your holiday Assani ;)

Sent Smiler a PM - hoping the group will continue at a reasonable pace :)

Ultimately, Kayla will do as Gareth tells her to do as he is now 'in command' of her. Plus, if she wants certain favours and 'boons' it would be in her best interest to keep Gareth satisfied (though, she has other... satisfactions in mind, hehe!). Kayla doesn't really have a home as such, but I don't think Kayla is really cut out for a life of raiding and pillaging, or a life lived on board a salty sea vessel. A city is more to her tastes, I would imagine.

But, we shall see where the RP takes our brave adventurers :roll:
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

After spending the last 3 weeks catching up with (doing) basically all the school work I was supposed to over the rest of the year - because apparently just because the holidays are coming doesn't mean I get to slack off work - I have finally regained some free time and since it's now the summer holidays I can modpost almost every day. With that in mind I will be doing my damnedest to make up for what I've missed the past month or two... Starting tomor-later today.

Thanks for your patience :D
Opus vos liberaverit
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Woohoo! Glad to see you back again, Smiley man :D

Didn't have much choice but to be patient, but you are welcome! Now that you are back, we need another of your most awesome-tastic mod posts to get the group moving again!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Vacation time coming.
Tomorrow on the road, no connexion.
Next days hectic, by in-laws.
Will do what I can.
No news from Assani? :(
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

general info, I will be basing Vikarh off of Kinslayer's interpretation - second post here (if the roleplaying deity doesn't mind)

also I will be fast tracking the journey back to Naggaroth down to one or two modposts, so be prepared to cover long periods of IC time in few posts.

Also now that the holidays have started I can post almost every day if needs be, y'know, once Cal and Assani get back from their respective wherevers.

This has been a public service announcement, please have a nice day.
Opus vos liberaverit
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

So, to Vikarh we go then, should be interesting!

There was a couple of things that I wanted Kayla to do aboard ship, however, they're not of any particular importance and perhaps she might get the chance to earn some money in Vikarh instead. Maybe even visit a brothel if there is one...

Kayla will most likely spend her time practising with her new weapon and keeping Khitai company - as well as her usual mundane activities, of course!

Interested to find out what kind of tasks/missions Gareth will have for our brave adventurers.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

1. Nothing special for Cal during trip back to Nagg.
Training on healing if possible.

2. Strange to go to Vikarh, where Caraoc is now active and where recently Cab’um has become a master smith.
I hope not to become too schizo.

3. Still waiting for Assani to resume his participation.
Is Jcitalia4 coming? Will he bring some italian flavour to the group? Puo darsi.
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

1) Once Gareth leaves the room you can post what your characters will be doing for the journey fluff-wise if you want.

2) Well the ToV thread is set in the past so I doubt you'll run into Cab'um, but it may stand to reason that some of his descendants may still live there *strokes beard/moustache in maniacal ponderment*

3) well I've only resumed participation recently so I cant blame Assani too much :D

And depending on the (increasingly unlikely) event of Darkdoom's return there will definitely be one or two more characters being roped in, at the moment I'm considering Kensou - coz y'know... mage; sim2k - because I like beastmasters and mini has quite selfishly ignored my hint with the ratata :lol: ; or Jcitalia - mostly because he asked and also his background would fit well with Gareth.

Also I'm not entirely sure how much italian someone from Dundee is going to add to the group Cal :?
Last edited by Smiler666 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Opus vos liberaverit
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

With a chosen name as Jc-italia-4 I expected a latin background.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Strange coincidence, I also happen to live in a place called Dundee!

Sim2k's character has already been recruited into G36 with Nathra and company. That leaves a warrior and possible mage at your disposal.

smiler666 wrote: I like beastmasters and mini has quite selfishly ignored my hint with the ratata :lol:

Sorry if I fail to guess what you know :P

I must confess a love of Beastmasters also, my DE army is Beastmaster themed. Your hint was all too subtle, I'm afraid, if I had wanted to RP one then I'd have made a character for it, but I wanted to play a demon possessed warrior... Speaking of which, Kayla would make a terrible, terrible Beastmaster!

My Pokemon knowledge is scant (I know that is exists - that is the extent of my knowledge), at best, so I am fairly clueless just what exactly I'm supposed to do with the Pokeball. Is Kayla expected to train the animal by some means?
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

Well, back now, finally.

Sorry my absence, but that is summer holiday for you ;)

I just threw a short one in now to get started again 8)

It's good to be back again...

Khitai - Khanite - Group 38
WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Skills: Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting
Equipment: 2xfine scimitars, dagger
Inventory: Gold 30, Crowns 40, 1 Red ruby
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Welcome back Assani, my dearest :D

You've been sorely missed!!

Now that we're all back I'm looking forward to some adventures in Vikarh, I'm sure Smiler has something exciting in store for us, hehe!
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

okey, so as you know you've all set off for breakfast in the ship's canteen, would you like me to let you do a bit of RP-y conversing there to get back into the swing or just (lets) do the time warp (again) to Nagarroth to get things on thier way again and let you post up the general actions of the voyage after?
Opus vos liberaverit
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

I have no need to chat, but In case there is one, I don't mind to participate.
In case we're gone directly to Nagg, maybe we can be introduced faster to any new participant?
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

erm... where did everybody go?
Opus vos liberaverit
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Kayla & Kithai might be busy somewhere together, where they need nobody else to take care of them? :lol:
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

Calisson wrote:Kayla & Kithai might be busy somewhere together, where they need nobody else to take care of them? :lol:

Ha ha, maybe we are:)

Gonna post tonight.....

Khitai - Khanite - Group 38
WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Skills: Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting
Equipment: 2xfine scimitars, dagger
Inventory: Gold 30, Crowns 40, 1 Red ruby
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

Hooray, now all we need is Mini to turn up out of the aether and you can all be murdered by chaos-worshipping pirates...
Opus vos liberaverit
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Well, I'm back now and have been for a few days ;)

We need another of your most uber-awesome mod posts to get the group moving forwards again 8)
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Hello,

Kayla was intended as a 'one woman shield wall'. Since losing the shield and gaining a new weapon, I have redesigned her... Not sure if '100 druchii money' will cover the cost. 8)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/M ... CN0490.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/M ... CN0487.jpg
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

She's still not Cali'Shad's cup of tea. ;)
Nice effort, though, from my own perspective.