Group 34 > never gone, just AFK

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

The blue-eyed warrior accompanied Calis towards the castle. It was inevitable that he began talking in earnest, but the battle was won and no enemies were present, so Kayla had to concede that it was an appropriate time for such 'discussions'.

"A comb? If ever I came to find one, sure I'll oblige." If he was going to help her find a comb, Kayla could put up with his ramblings... For a short time, at least. "Viewed how elaborate was the cabinet in the tower two days ago, I expect some very refined artwork in this important castle. I've been told about a Bretonnian saddlery workshop who makes luxury leather handbags, silk shawls, jewelry, lipsticks and perfumes. Interested?"

Kayla wasn't particularly interested in these mundane things, those were much more Calis's style then hers. She was about to quip in a cheeky remark, but Calis was changing subjects already. "But you know what? Bretonnians are known for fine wine and excellent food. Their cheeses are famous. Yum! Good booty! Yo ho ho!"

What is he talking about now? Oh, I see what he is doing, he is talking of many things in the hope that I will take an interest in one of them. Would much rather he chose one topic and stuck with it... It was difficult to think and listen simultaneously, Kayla just about managed it.

"That battle was epic! The more I killed, the more came back, with arrows and polearms. Shot my allowance twice to the last bolt. What about you? The battle took much longer where you were. How did it go? More important, myself, I'd be happy to find more ammo for both my crossbows." Was he finished now? Kayla waited a couple of seconds just to be certain.

Most of what monologue was irrelevant to Kayla, but he did make some points of interest. "Are you finished? I would think perfume and lipstick more your style than mine, a new purse would be nice, though." Some natter about cabinets and artwork - there was plenty of art splattered around the courtyard, if Calis would care to take a look.

"The battle went well, we are still alive are we not? The Baron was a tough nut to crack, but the toughest nuts often taste the sweetest! Oh, and that weapon of his... Imagine the violence I could inflict with that!" Her eyes lit up with maddening glee! She shook her head and regained her senses.

"Good food, now there is something we can all enjoy. There was a distinct lack of it back at the watchtower, we got soldiers rations day in day out. Anarisa, my maid, was an almost talented cook, but those meals were a rarity. You have shown a some modicum of talent in that regard. Nothing like a good fight to sate one's rage, those poor men, hehehe... Maybe we could raid the cellar and celebrate our victory in style? "

Wine for the males and... something else for me. How many did he kill, I wonder, more than a few for sure.

Same again, plus the conversation with Calis
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Perfume? For a Shade?
Ha ha ha ha ha! You missed totally the point. What a joke!

< removing a tear from the eye >
Cellar aye aye. Can you sing?
And how did you manage to get the Baron's nuts?

Chatting & looting - starting with the cellar.

[/quote]
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Kayla sighed and rolled her eyes at Calis, bemused. "You've already shown an aptitude for wearing lipstick, so why not perfume? Anyway, glad I could provide you with some amusement!" Kayla cleared her throat with a cute cough. "It was a metaphor, Calis. Can I sing? Well, let's fine out!"

Same as before... Plus, singing!

OOC: Kayla singing :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXzIeI0m ... ure=relmfu
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

OOC: nice cozy chat over? I'll continue then. (it's been ages since I've had reason to put a little OOC intro, feeling almost nostalgic :D )

IC: While Kayla and Calis chatted the surviving corsairs kicked down the castle door, made short work of the last few bretonnians cowering in the entrance hall and disappeared inside. A few moments later the conscious heroes followed the rowdy group inside and, after tracking muddy and bloody footsteps through a couple of winding, extravagant hallways came to the cellar door, which was resolutely closed and guarded by a corsair who resolutely denied the pair entrance to the cellar, if probed all he said was that Gareth had business down there and if they wanted loot they should do like the other corsairs and find it somewhere else.

Calis and Kayla split up at this point to cover as much ground as possible so that they could finish up before Khitai had chance to get any closer to Khaine. From the cellar door Calis followed his nose and servants' passageways and quickly found his way to a kitchen, which contained a pantry, which in turned contained plenty of expensive-looking grub. There were several bottles of wine marked as 2465 vintage, a fine year for bretonnian wines and these bottles would be quite rare because of it, also despite their being no bread anywhere in the kitchen there were several cakes stored in one cupboard (coz you're French... and bretonnians are quite French... and there was that French royal who said 'let them eat cake'... oh never mind). As Calis turned to leave he noticed the chef for the first time, sitting behind the door with his throat slit, after fumbling around in the man's pockets Calis decided that it must be payday as he pulled out a large pouch of round, jingling items, along with this pouch Calis found a pair of gilded butcher's knives which looked like they might be worth something. Calis's next destination was to slightly better decorated parts of the keep as he searched for the barracks and/or armoury, after a short search he found the latter and was greeted by four walls covered in all manner of tools for denying a person breathing privileges, there were many bows and crossbows that Calis passed his expert eye across but none would be as accurate as the one he had found back at the tower and none would be as reliable as his trusty five-shooter, on the plus side though he did find a quiver full of bolts. With his pilfering done Calis headed back to the courtyard to check on Khitai and hopefully head for the boat. (rolled a four and a two for the wine/food/etc and weapons respectively, then a six for 'other stuff' - in this case moneys)

Kayla on the other hand headed into the lavishest parts of the keep and followed fine art on deep carpets upstairs and toward the centre of the castle, passing by bedchambers both empty and occupied by corpses until she found what she was looking for. The room obviously belonged to a young lady and it didn't take long to find several brushes, combs and the like, one in particular though stood out and was evidently a lavish gift for whoever had occupied this room, it was made of marbled ivory and covered in intertwining gold and silver filigree depicting flowers and small, fluffy forest animals. Kayla continued to inspect the room, looking for anything of obvious material value that she could take, when she opened the gigantic walk-in wardrobe to look for jewellery or an expensive dress she noticed a large split in where the outfits were hanging and behind this split was a poorly hidden seam in the wall, which gave slightly when Kayla leant on it. Readying pain Kayla kicked the hidden door open and tensed to kill whatever attacked her from within, this was no cleverly planned ambush though and inside the small, bare room were two women, one not quite of age and probably the daughter of someone important in the castle and the other a matronly old maid who stood defiantly between Kayla and the sobbing girl. After dealing with the pair of bretonnians Kayla headed back outside. (rolled a six for finding a comb hence there being many and valuable ones, and then a(nother) six for 'other stuff')

Kayla arrived outside a few minutes after Calis, who was checking Khitai's wounds and those of his other patient in the courtyard. Khitai was cold and almost white pale, though he had all but stopped bleeding so he shouldn't get any worse - hopefully - but it was important to get him proper medical attention soon.

Calis
+ whatever you want/can carry from: 3 bottles of wine, lots of cake, 100 Crowns, a pair of butchers knives, and 12 loose bolts
Kayla
+ as many hair products as you want
+ a posh comb if you take it
+ slaves, corpses or gratitude depending on what you do with the bretonnians
Khitai
+ severe blood loss (it's not quite as valuable as the others but I felt bad leaving you out)

Kayla, Calis and Khitai are all in the courtyard, just giving the conscious players a chance to RP through the looting and make decisions on what they do and don't want before I get too far ahead, only one more modpost till you get woken up Assani :) Any questions? Carry on.

OOC: oh god, it's too early in the morning for such long posts :shock:
Opus vos liberaverit
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

In the building, all corsairs alive were looting, including the wounded and even many of the dying. That was their way of living, till death they would keep doing the same.

Calis'Shad and Kayla had to separate in order to keep some decent chance to find anything worth to plunder.
Despite this separation, Kayla's song was so loud that it could be well heard, resonating in the castle's rooms. Only with many doors in between did Calis'Shad cease to hear her, with great relief.

The booty was good. Plenty of gold, wine and food.
Calis'Shad picked up also some fine cooking instruments, which could be of use for the ship's cook. Calis'Shad wanted to make friend with the one he suspected to be the ship's doctor.
A full load of ammunition was found there, making unnecessary the search for more from corpses.

All the castle's rooms had now been obviously plundered.
It was time to consider bringing back the wounded and the booty to the ship.

Calis'Shad went down in the courtyard, only to find Kithai paler than ever.
The bandage had prevented too much blood from pouring away, but the toll had been terrible still.

A couple of other corsairs were in dire need of healing, too deeply wounded to participate to the looting. They would have to be transported.
Fortunately, Bretonnians had several horses ready for that task.

One more such victory and we're all dead.

Preparing the wounded to go back to the ship.

Equipment: Short Sword; Shade Cloak; Repeater Crossbow & 4x5 clip; precision crossbow & 12 bolts - 219 crowns - torch; lantern; tinderbox - dry rations & cake & 3 bottles of 2465 vintage - pair of butchers knives
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

It quickly became apparent that Calis was heading to the kitchens and Kayla surmised that a comb was unlikely to be found in such a place. She did not know that singing could be so much fun and if Calis hadn't asked she would still be blithely ignorant of her talent in that regard. Once she had started she was soon well into the spirit of the song, and she quite possibly got totally carried away by it.

She screamed and danced and sang her way to the bedrooms of the keep, until she came across a room that looked as if it belonged to a lady, a wealthy one. Steeping inside a moment to peruse the room, the warrior quickly spotted a mirrored desk with many desirable objects littered on it. A quick glance revealed precisely what she was looking for - a comb! And not just any comb, this comb was special. Kayla picked it up and pocketed it. Along with several, less posh combs which may be suitable gifts for Calis and Khitai. Well, if Khitai didn't want to comb his hair Kayla could volunteer to do it for him!

There were also a few bangles and other pieces of jewellery that she took, not having any great knowledge of precious gems, she simply took what looked the most expensive. She would try to sell them at a reasonable price at any available merchant. If there was also money in the dresser Kayla took that also.

Mission successful! Turning about to leave, the contented warrior noticed a large closest, with it's door swinging very gently, intrigued, Kayla went to investigate. It was a walk-in wardrobe filled with expensive looking dresses and other ladies fashion accessories. She rifled through some of them as if she was shopping for something to wear and before very long noticed a hastily concealed hatch on the wall.

Readying her sword the warrior stepped within, but was surprised at what she say. Two women, one young with a wet face and red eyes, the other old and standing protectively over the younger woman. Her first instinct was too attack them, but she stopped herself with an angry growl, instead of stabbing the elderly woman Kayla quickly cuffed her around her head hard enough to knock her unconscious, but not hard enough to kill her - hopefully! The younger started to whimper so the warrior put her finger to her lips in the universal sign for silence.

Once she was positive the girl wouldn't make a noise or make her presence known to anyone else, Kayla stepped back into the wardrobe and picked one of the more flirtatious dresses, which had piqued her interest before the discovery of the hidden room.

Out in the courtyard it seemed things had calmed down. Kayla quickly walked over to rejoin her comrades. "Ready to leave?"

Kayla will loot the Barons falchion and his helmet if they are still functional.
She'll also carry Khitai back to the ship and tuck him up cosily in bed (once all his blood has been cleaned ahd he's suitably bandaged up).
Looting the dress, combs, jewellery and coins (if applicable).

OOC: I know you didn't specifically state some of the 'loot' in the mod post so I hope it's okay for me to... make a few assumptions ;)

If it's not okay, well, you're the mod :D
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

OOC: Sorry about the long gap between modposts, first few days back at school have been hectic. Continuing now though.

IC: With the battle over, looting complete and a friend half bled to death it would appear that it was time to leave the killing grounds. While Calis checked on the wounded Kayla went to fetch some horses, unfortunately she had done a damn good job of laming two of them, so she led the three remaining animals over to where Calis and Khitai were. Along the way she stopped at the corpse of the baron and checked him for anything of value, unfortunately Kayla's sword had effectively ruined his helmet but she picked up his falchion from where it lay next to the dead bretonnian and took it with her. Calis loaded two unconscious corsairs that he thought would make the trip back to the ship onto the back of one of the warhorses, then helped Kayla load Khitai onto a horse behind her before hopping up onto the last horse and leading the sorry looking convoy out of the castle.

The ride between the battlefield and the boat was slow but thankfully uneventful and the same amount of people arrived at the boat as set off. After being carefully hoisted aboard Khitai and the two corsairs were carried away into the hold of the ship and Vorith once again greeted Kayla and Calis with his crate though no armed guard this time. Once they had deposited thier weapons with the corsair he led Kayla and Calis down to where Khitai was being treated and told them to wait outside until called, then left them to thier silence. Almost an hour later a druchii who Kayla recognised as the cook came out of the room wearing a bloodstained apron - the same one he wore when cooking Kayla noted - and told them they could see Khitai. Inside Khitai was looked slightly less pale but that may have been on account of him being much less covered in blood, most encouragingly of all however was the fact that he was awake.

Final loots are
Calis
+ 3 bottles of wine
+ 2 butchers knives
+ 100 crowns
+ 12 bolts
+ victoria sponge cake
+ chocolate gateu (I don't know how its spelt, its a cakey thing though)
Kayla
+ posh comb
+ 5 assorted brushes/combs/etc
+ jewelry (3 rings and a necklace)
+ dress
+ two-handed falchion
Khitai
free healthcare

everyone is back on the ship and Khitai is awake again *hooray* so have a chat or do whatever else you want to do while you wait for the other corsairs to return, if darkdoom is active the TCFKAS can come back into the narrative, again sorry for glossing over some good talking points but I wanted to get Assani back into the group as quick as possible. Carry on.
Opus vos liberaverit
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Kayla arrived back at the ship in high spirits. She had accumulated a beautiful comb, a nice dress made of elegant materials, a vicious new weapon and assorted pieces of expensive looking jewellery - and all she had to to do was kill a few dozen humans!

Once aboard the ship Vorin soon appeared with the crate for their weapons and the warrior deposited both her swords. "I may want to practice with this later," she said to Vorin, caressing the falchion while she placed it in the container. Shortly after, she and Calis were led to the patient, Kayla took a quick detour to deposit all of her new found belongings in her quarters, before joining the shade at the patients door, where they were told to wait.

Well, Kayla was not going to wait, either she helped with the surgery or she attend to personal matters. Deep down she knew that Khitai would be okay and she would rather speak to him alone, it was highly probably that Calis would like to see him and Kayla would deny neither of them that joy. Back up on the deck of the ship Kayla soon spotted Vorin amongst the bustle of corsairs. She headed over for a chat.

"Vorin, there are three things I must discuss with you. First, I don't suppose there are any armour stands aboard? So, do you have a spare chest in which I could keep my equipment? Y'know, my weapons and armour... You could look after it yourself if you don't trust me!"

"Might your crew be interested in some entertainment? For a chance to earn some coin, I propose a fist-fight or a wrestling match between me and one or two of the corsairs. What do you think of that, hm?"

"Lastly, there's got to be a damned bath on this ship! Doesn't the captain have one? Surely he would allow me to have a bath, I'll even fight for the privilege of using it, or perhaps, there is some... favour the captain could ask of me in return?"

Kayla will stay with Vorin long enough to get answers to her questions, and for any further discussion that is required.

After the conversation with Vorin the warrior returned to the make-shift hospital to check on the patient. It wasn't too long before the 'chef' stepped into the corridor with his apron and tunic soaked with gore - the same apron he had worn both times Kayla had seen him. His cooking isn't the only thing that leaves much to be desired!

Khitai was propped up and pale, though only slightly less bloody than he had been just an hour ago. It seemed the thousand-faced lord of murder still had plans for this young disciple, who in all probability hadn't been fervent enough in his offering of blood-sacrifices to the bloody handed God, whose thirst was legendary. "Not enough blood on your hands, eh?" Kayla remarked with dry humour.

Chatting to the patient.

OOC: Put the three questions separately to make it easier for you to give answer to them. We can discuss them OOC if you like or if it will make things easier :)
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

He felt the darkness take him away, he tried to struggle back to the light, but he couldn't. When he felt all hope was lost, he saw a glimt of light and he did all he could to reach it. He fought and fought, and suddenly he could see the shadows of his friends standing in front of him. He was no longer at the battlefield, buck back in his bed. After some seconds, the shadows became reall, and he could truly see his friends.
With a dry and weak voice he said:
"I have failed you both, and I have to live in shame for that, but I owe you my life for bringing me here."
The pain in his arm was there, but much better than he remembered it when he was last awake. He sat up in the bed:
"I feel a hunger comming, would you join me for bite?, then you can fill in my blanks", he smiled with an embarrassement touch to it

He lent forward, put his feet on the floor and stood up. He became somewhat dizzy, but he used Cali's shoulder as a crutch.
"Sorry, but I am somewhat dizzy, I think you need to help me"

Leaning on Cali's shoulder, and wants some food and drinks to get some strength back

Khitai - Khanite - Group 38
WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Skills: Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting
Equipment: 2xfine scimitars, dagger
Inventory: Gold 30, Crowns 40, 1 Red ruby
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Hey, hey, hey! Feeling better mate?
Providing a shoulder support for Kithai.
Easy, you’re not yet in walking condition.
Cali’Shad helped his friend to seat back on his bunk.
He opened his bag.
See what I’ve got for you!
There is some chocolate gateau, it tastes sweeter than anything I’ve eaten before. Trust me, it was hard to resist eating the whole thing on the spot. Too bad the baker won’t ever make any other pastry; he could have been sold a fair price.

Surprisingly, Kayla was not yet lamenting about the many words Calis’Shad had used so far.
Taking advantage of this unexpected patience, Calis’Shad made more sentences.
But look at that, now! My special surprise to celebrate your coming back from the dead:
A vintage 2465 of château Bretonnien! :o
With that in your blood, you’ll be back to health in no time!
Skål, my friend!

After tasting some of the wine, Calis’Shad started the traditional song “Yo, ho ho and a bottle of wine!
But suddenly he stopped singing when he realized that Kayla was listening. Better not to inspire her to sing too, that could ruin Kithai’s recovery.
In order to mitigate that risk, he offered Kayla to drink at the bottle, too. With a bit of luck, she would not sing with a mouth full of cake and wine.

Chatting, drinking, eating, discussing about the battle and the sneaky entry to the castle that allowed it. No longer singing.

Equipment: Short Sword; Shade Cloak; Repeater Crossbow & 4x5 clip; precision crossbow & 12 bolts - 219 crowns - torch; lantern; tinderbox - dry rations & 2 bottles of 2465 vintage - pair of butchers knives
- cake, -1 bottle - but that was a good one!
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

In his obvious delirious state it was no surprise the Khainite had ignored her question, more likely his clouded mind simply failed to register that she had spoken. When the clouds faded from his eyes and Khitai finally spoke, he sounded embarrassed and weak. You failed no one but yourself. These are words of weakness, I expected better from you.

But of course, Calis, in true Druchii style, offered his support with with words of appeasement and the offering of wine and cake. And many words that were far too jovial for Kayla's liking. She stayed for Khitai but there was only so much of the shades placating mannerisms that she could endure. Calis, after singing only a single verse of some retarded song, offered her a drink of his wine. Kayla declined the offer with a shake of her head. "Last time I drank alcohol seven people died by my hands." Then with a grim smile, she added. "Don't tempt me!"

She looked at Khitai propped up in bed, but she neither smiled nor conveyed any emotion with her look. "Glad to see you are awake. I will return to see you when this bumptious buffoon is not present." Without further ado, the warrior left to return to her room, leaving the two males to talk over their marriage vows.

In death you are nought but a memory...

Kayla will return to her room and await a visitor.

OOC: Have forgotten that Kayla is meant to be a 'serious' character and she's had several personality lapses recently, so now I'm getting her back to how she is meant to be - I'm sure you will jump for joy at that news, Calisson :lol:

Smiler, am hoping the 'visitor' will be either Vorin, or a messenger from him as I'm still looking for some conversation about the questions she had asked!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

The blue hair warrior only paid a short visit to the recovering Kithai. Seeing her coming had been a worry for Calis'Shad, he knew too well how troublemaker she was.
Fortunately, revealing once more her true nature, she spat some venom and left with her caracteristic gloomy attitude.

The good point was that, with her unique style, she had declared to renounce to spoil Calis'Shad and Kithai friendship.
Hearing that news, Calis'Shad jumped for joy, and escorted her cheerfully to the door - which he slammed behind her.

Emptying the bottle with Kithai. Resuming singing.

<OOC - Jumping of joy aye aye.
Group 34 idle at the time. Exams time for Smiler, perhaps? Good luck if so.
Equipment: Short Sword; Shade Cloak; Repeater Crossbow & 4x5 clip; precision crossbow & 12 bolts - 219 crowns - torch; lantern; tinderbox - dry rations & 2 bottles of 2465 vintage - pair of butchers knives
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

OOC: not quite exam time Cal, just a bad week for free time, I may disappear for a couple of weeks in May though to do (fail) my exams. But anyways enough about me, on with the RP.

IC: when Kayla came on deck to speak to Vorith he was doing a lot of not much, obviously waiting for something - probably the rest of raiding party - and was happy to answer her questions. "I'm not sure that we have any armour stands, ya might well find something down in the hold, but I wouldne hold ya breath. A box for ya armour though I can get ya and ya can keep it wherever ya please.

I'm sure ya'll find some of the lads would be more than happy to have a punch-up, and the rest'll be happy to bet on it, it'd be best to wait till the rest get back otherwise ya'll be hard pressed to find a man not needed at his post. Just don't break any of the crew, eh.

A bath?! Well lass ya waded through the only bath aboard on ya way here. I can guarantee the captain doesne have a bath and as far as I know neither does the noble lad, though I guess ya could ask him when he gets back."

With her answers Kayla headed back down to check on Khitai and found him and Calis eating cake and drinking, deciding that she had had enough of Calis for one day Kayla headed back to her room to wait for news that the corsairs had returned.

Calis and Khitai were nearing the bottom of thier bottle when there was a knock at the door followed by a cheerful Gareth still wearing his blood-spattered armour and limping slightly. "Here are the heroes, especially you," he said nodding to Khitai, "but while congratulations are in order - and you are obviously well into them yourselves - that is not why I'm down here. I'm sure you know about my offer from your corsair friend and I'd like to know what you think of it."
Opus vos liberaverit
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

... In life you are a burden to be endured.

The stoic warrior left the room in an agreeable mood, she had made some progress with the fool Calis, even to the point were they had had some semblance of a cordial conversation, and Khitai, her one and only friend, was awake and on the road to recovery. Kayla's words were of relief, that the white haired one would not leave her so soon and that the current mission had ben a success, her tone had been conversational, but she could not linger long in the presence of Calis. She left the room and had barely taken two steps when the door slammed behind her, a pleasant smile threatened to blossom on her lips. My words sting him deeply that he gives in to childish tantrums, ah, but a child he is, and as with all children, they must grow up.

Heading back to her room she remembered Vorin's words. There was no bath on board and Kayla wished to sleep, first she needed to wash because her armour stunk to high heaven and Kayla wished to sleep in a bed of sweet smelling flowers - or the nearest equivalent, at least. Up on the foredeck Vorin had secured a chest for her armour and had it waiting for her. The warrior took a few minutes to strip herself of her armour, placing each piece carefully in the solid wooden chest so that, after removing everything, she stood on deck amongst the crew wearing only the tight and stretched bandages of her sarashi.

After a quick swim in the sea, Kayla climbed the net back onto the ship's deck. She stood facing the wan rays of the sun relishing their scant warmth as drips and rivulets of salty water ran their course from her muscular curves onto the ships deck. The warrior stretched out wide and clenched her fists, closing her eyes and breathing deeply to ease her mind and body of the stresses she had recently endured. After picking up the chest of armour Kayla slowly padded her way back to her quarters, she caught Vorin's eyes - for who amongst the crew would not be distracted by her unselfconscious display? - and offered him a benign smile and a respectful nod, giving thanks for the small favour he had done for her.

Back in her room she placed the chest as far from her bed as she could get it, thankfully, the chests's pungent stench was largely contained within and would not contaminate her quarters any more than it was already contaminated. Once again the warrior had to undress, this time unrolling the layers of bandages so she could get the light shirt and breeches on to sleep in. That done Kayla lay on her bed and closed her eyes. Feeling hale for the first time in weeks she soon drifted off into a dreamless and regenerative sleep, to sleep the sleep of the blessed.

Kayla has gone to sleep and will sleep for around six hours.
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

OOC: Sorry for not posting sooner, RL is up my a....e. Hope I am back to normal from this upcoming week. I will post a quicky so we may move on.

IC:
Kayla came to the room, back in her usual mood,,and then she left pretty quickly.
"I like her, moody or not, and I am looking forward to beat her in our next dual".
Khitai smiled while she left, thinking about the last duel they had when he almost had her pinned.

Cali stayed longer, offering fine wine and then some. They enjoyed it to the fullest, right to the end of the bottle. Dizzy from lack of blood, pain and some gallons of wine, it felt like anyway, Gareth came to the room. He asked about the offer he had given the toeless corsair.
Khitai didn't feel it was upto him to decide, not in this state anyway, but he wanted to take the offer. He turned his head and looked at Cali:
"What do you say, good deal or not?"

"Waiting for Cali to answer

WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

As they were both in the spirit of the excellent wine, a cheerful Gareth entered and complimented them for the job done.
He asked the two of them: "I'm sure you know about my offer from your corsair friend and I'd like to know what you think of it."

Kithai turned towards Calis'Shad and asked him: "What do you say, good deal or not?".

Deal? What was it already? Our corsair mate had talked about it. What did he say already?
The fog of alcohol dispersed as Calis'Shad concentrated on the report made by their corsair mate.
Gareth Ironcliff had told him, more or less:
"I have an interesting proposition for you.
I am in fact little more than the youngest son of a failing druchii family.
I will need a core of trustworthy experts and warriors who will become my assistants and retainers.
All the benefits of belonging to a noble house if you accept my offer. "

Calis'Shad took a deep breath, chasing away a couple of flies, and replied.
As we've been told, you offer us the position of trusted assistants and retainers.
In such a position, we would be publicly associated to the nobilty of your ancient house.

-

Personally, I am highly interested in such position. I wish to discover the whole world, to find new civilizations - and to raid and plunder them.
My expertise covers planning, organizing, scouting, battle preparation and battle aftermath.
Your ship is modest but still seaworthy, your crew is awfully depleted but those who remain are worth their salt.
You need more careful planning than ever. I can offer you that help.

-

I expect to see Kithai in the gang.
He has shown superior fighting abilities, a good understanding of strategy and strong leadership.
He would make a superb military assistant.

-

You know that our corsair mate is recovering from ailing wounds to his toes.
You understand that he does not want any proeminent position until he heals. Give him some time.

-

The blue hair warrior seems to have left her mind in Northern Naggaroth.
- assuming she has any -.
I doubt she is interested in honours and I would be surprised to see her willling to be tied to your house. - If you knew her, you'd not be interested either -.
She has proven some ability in finding where the danger is. - and proven the will to send everyone head-on into it -.
I can't speak for herself, as I'm well aware. - she doesn't like what I say, whatever I say -.

-

Kithai, are you joining me in Cap'n Gareth's gang when you're healed back?

Accepting Gareth's proposal for himself.
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

Khitai looked back at Cali
"I am with you, but we are a groupe now, so I feel need to get the blue eyed warrior on board aswell"
At this moment he wasn't to sure what it was all about, he was dazed by the wine and the loss of blood from the earlier battle. But he also knew that he hadn't anywhere to go after this, after all he was taken as captive by the humans and rescued by Cali, Kayla on some other grey elfs.

"Let's bring back the warrior into the room"

He took a couple of steps back and sat back down on the bed, his strengt was not at all back.

Suggesting to bring the warrior into the room, and sitting on the bed

WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Kayla sleeps soundlessly and dreamlessly.

The warrior sleeps still... She probably won't appreciate being woken up (unless we just 'magically' give her the six hours of sleep she needs).
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

That girl, belonging to the same group as the two of us?
She just refused to share any food or drink with us, didn't she?
She told that she couldn't stand my mere presence, didn't she? To the point of forcing her to leave the room.

In the past, she has killed one of our companions, and tried to kill me too. Today again she declared that with some drink, she could be tempted by more murders.
If she wanted to belong to a group, would she behave like that?

Nah. I'm happy to enlist with Sir Gareth regardless of what she does.

Enlisting.
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

He knew in back of his head the answer Cali would give to his comment.
"Do I have to choose between the blue eyed warrior, or the friendly shade?"
The thought tormented him...
"We are a group, and we should stay as one"

He couldn't answer the shade at this moment, he had to talk to the warrior first.

We all have our weaknesses. Bad temper and roundness was the warriors, but the shade had manny times not given her the break she needed, he had been on her back when opportunity came.

He just couldn't give an answer now.

I will give Gareth the answer tomorrow, now I need to rest and gain some strengt

He lay down on he bed, mind full of blurry thoughts. His eyes became heavy, then closed.

Laying down, sleeping and gaining strengt

WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Turning to Gareth:
Sir, I believe we should leave this hero to the rest he deserves.
May I follow you upstairs?

Once they both left the room, Calis'Shad resumed.
Glad to enter your service, Sir.
Kithai was not the only wounded that we brought back.
If you don't mind, I'd like to give a hand to the cook who heals them, myself I'm eager to learn basic aid, for later use on battlefields.

Intrigue, pure Druchii style.

OOC @ MiniGrift
I understand your wish to stick to more "Druchii" values.
I hope you apreciate Calis'Shad turning more to cunning intrigue.

Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Kayla awoke feeling a sense of serenity. A good sleep and everything seemed brand new. She rose from the same position in which she fell asleep on her bed, still dressed in her loose shirt and breeches - they were a welcome change from her chafing bandages and smelly armour. She approached her desk and took a seat, Kayla spent the next few minutes artfully combing her hair to hang loose at the back, while she pleated two braids round the side to be tied at the back to end in a loose ponytail, thus, keeping her hair from falling about her face in times of duress.

Her Bretonnian dress hung loose up upon the wall. It was a strange, human, alien design, of bright red material which was soft to the touch and which would leave her back, arms, and a goodly portion of her torso bare. It would hang low on the ground, with slits up the sides for her to show her muscular thighs. The dress was designed and made for someone of a far more petite and slender build than the blue warrior, but she felt that she could wear it without it constricting her too much. That was for another day, for a more... intimate encounter.

She returned to her desk and picked up one of the more stylish combs, hers had a special place by her bedside. She stepped out into the corridor, looked around and saw no one. Everything was quiet. The warrior walked, as silently as she was able, over to Khitai's room and still heard not a sound except the quiet lapping of waves and the gentle creaking of the ship. Good, no callous Calis to confound my thoughts. Kayla placed a hand on the door and stepped within.

Khitai lay in bed, Kayla could not tell if he was sleeping or not. She stood there in her scant clothing, simply staring at the white haired warrior as he lay motionless - watching over him, as it were. When, eventually, he moved and seemed to become conscious, Kayla made her presence known. "Khitai, I had come to rape you, but looking at you now, it doesn't look as if you could take another beating." Besides, you have yet to earn that... privilege. She smiled then, half wickedly, half seductively.

She stepped closer. "Before I attend this days duties, we can talk for a while if you like."

Wishing to chat.
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

His eyes opened, but his vision was somewhat blurry. He sat up on the bed feeling pretty sore, but it felt like some of his strength had come back. He looked up and there stood the blue eyed warrior. She was a welcome sight and as usual had a quick comment on her tongue, though with a seductive twist.

Khitai knew Kayla had waited for Cali to leave before she entered
Sad and somewhat strange that they can't get along with eacthother
His thoughts went back to when Cali was visiting, and the decision he had taken.

He smiled at her and said:
"You are more than welcome to stay warrior, and you are a welcome sight naughty girl".

A moment of silence came before he added:
"Anything special that troubles your mind, or did you want to visit me and my total handsomeness".
He blinked with his right eye and smiled once more to her.

Embracing the conversation

WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

The Khainite was looking better, certainly much better than he had the previous night. There was some colour in his cheeks again - a good sign. Maybe it's the hangover, who knows?

"You are more than welcome to stay warrior, and you are a welcome sight naughty girl." It was obvious that their recent adventure hadn't dampened his spirit, or his audacity. Naughty girl? Oh, you will regret that, in this life or the next... Kayla shot him a glaring look. "Anything special that troubles your mind, or did you want to visit me and my total handsomeness." He winked at her then, and the warrior shook her head in dismay and rolled her eyes.

"Total handsomeness?" The warrior snorted derisively. "I've seen dung beetles better looking than you!" But then she smiled in her unknowingly charmed way and a short, cute laugh erupted from her throat. "My mind is at ease, soldier, especially now that I know you are well." Her sapphire-blue eyes took on a far away look as she thought to herself. You're the only friend I've got, don't want you added to the list of dead. And that is a lengthy list!

Kayla still stood at the foot of the bed, holding the comb she had brought for Khitai negligently in one hand. She idly scratched at one of the deep scars that lined her abs with the other. "You and your boyfriend have fun last night?" She asked with a straight face, her voice calm and even.

Chatting some more.

OOC: Great post Assani, made me chuckle! Was going to post in the morning (at a sensible time) but I couldn't sleep. Was hoping Khitai would update Kayla with the goings-on with Gareth - maybe even hint at Calis bad-mouthing about her to everyone - but that is entirely up to you. Looking forward to reading your next post :D
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

"Boyfriend yes, his cute isn't he...... Btw I think you to look cute toghether"
He smiled widely and shook his head You kids fighting all the time

But on a more serious note, Gareth was here a while ago. He asked about accepting the deal he had agreed with the toeless corsair. Cali seemed eager to join him, and I am temped aswell, though I have to admit that I can't remember the full extend of it.

I don't know if you remember, and if you do are interested to join him

He rose from the bed and walked towards her slowly. He looked into her blue eyes with a serious note, but a kind one. He knew his next move could end up getting smacked from the warrior.

He stood only a foot away from her, still looking in her eyes. He reach out and put his hand gently on her shoulder, almost a loving touch.
"Something inside me tells me that you won't join us, but another says that you will. I know that you and Cali has a strained relationship, but I hope I could be a reason to stay."

He stroke her hair with one hand, gentle but firm with a flirty smile on his face. He turnes around and walked back to the bed with a big smile on his face, hoping that the gentle flirting approach had an impact on her. What he didn't realize, was that his heart beat faster when he did it, a feeling he never have had before.

He sat back on his bed

Chatting, convincing and actually flirting some

WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3