Group 38 OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

Good morning folks! We have had a bit of trouble since the weekend with the weather. It damaged the road and as a result the phone line was damaged meaning we had no interwebs. It's back up now, so I'll get the Mod post up today.

A bit of flooding and strong winds in the USA, it's the "end of the world". We get it here, and it's "autumn". :lol:
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Just Autumn? Seems pretty year round to me. Also, I've experienced those storms stateside. They really do seem like the end of the world! Looking forward to the next chapter!
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Hi Nightcall. Another great mod post :)

Are we allowed to take stats above 5?

Nathra looted both the Asur corpses, did you have her loot both?

And, I don't wish to be facetious, but Nathra didnt get any sleep during the night.... :roll:
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Agreed, very much so looking forward to this coming chapter! I'm thinking disguise for the skill, probably won't be of much immediate help to the group (like a combat/healing skill) but think it goes better with his backstory etc. The stat point, as always, is a more difficult (but good) decision! I see for disguise that the pre-req is either D4 or I5, would having both make the skill stronger or is the bonus from the skill the same regardless? If the latter, maybe something a bit more warrior-esque would be more appropriate.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

MG, it took me 2 days to write the Mod post, I'm afraid you'd posted again after the post was written and in my hurry to get the Mod post up I had not seen that Nathra hadn't slept. It'd be a lot easier if you could tweak your post to say she had a kip than me rewrite that mammoth chapter end! *bangs head on desk* I had done the loot based on dice for both the corpses of the elves that Nathra and Umbra looted, so yes, that's all you're getting :P

As for Stat Points, I will allow you to take a Stat over 5. It only says in the CC guidelines that when you pick starting Stats none of these may exceed 5.

JC - there will be opportunities to collect and spend more points, so choose what you like, and choose wisely! ;) Great to hear you're looking forward to the next bit... and you survived hurricane Sandy! That is an interesting question. Personally, I would take it into consideration if you were in a situation where a disguise was needed and take all aspects on board. I'd think he would be better than someone with only stats in one of the two you mention...
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Nathra can 'wake' from something other than sleep, as posted.

I have updated my signature but I do have a question before I make it official.

I see that Umbra has Urban Lore and the prerequisite for that is I 4, though Umbra only has I 3. Could I take Wilderness Lore for Nathra even though she only has I 3 when the prerequisite is I 4?

If you won't allow it, then I'll just keep it as is.
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

Hey peeps!

It sadens me to say that i have to pull out of this grope. RL is all over me, and there is just no time to do good posts.

As you all have seen, my posts has been absent, and when written, short and poor:(

I am so sorry, and i wish you the best of luck!! Remember to enjoy it all!!!

Cheers
Assani

Khitai - Khanite - Group 38
WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Skills: Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting
Equipment: 2xfine scimitars, dagger
Inventory: Gold 30, Crowns 40, 1 Red ruby
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Aww, sad news assani. Good luck with things and hope things turn out well!
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

That is a shame, Assani, RP'ing with you was occasionally fun!

Hope you will consider returning when RL becomes less hectic.
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

As I have said in G38 I am free from the tyranny of education for this year, so I can start putting a lot more time into the RP :)

Sorry to hear that Assani, hope things don't get too heavy for you. Hurry back! ;)
Opus vos liberaverit
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Smiler, I'm hoping to get another post or two in with Nathra before the next mod post.

Since Umbra seems to think she's unsociable, I'll give him a chance to respond to Nathra being entirely not unsociable ;)
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

MG, thank you, it is much appreciated! Been working 6 day weeks for the last 3 months, and with the time of year being what it is, I've been pushed for time of late I'm afraid.

*le gasp* My word, Mr Smiler, you have been caught! I had not checked, but MG is quite right. You must have I4 before you can take Urban Lore. So if you still want the skill, can you tweak your stats a bit to make it fair? Thank you m'dear. As for having more spare time now for RP goodness, that's great news!

I have to be fair, so MG, I'm afraid Wilderness Lore will have to come later, unless you want to move things around too.

Assani, thank you for letting us know. It has been a pleasure having you in the group, and I would be happy to have you back if things improved for you.

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Sorry, Smiler, hoped I might wrangle Wilderess Lore earlier than I had planned >.>

I have a 'set plan' for Nathra's character progression, but with her currently being out in the wild and likely to be for a goodly portion of the RP to come, I though WL might be the better choice for the moment. No worries, it can wait.

Well, Nightcall, your posts are always a pleasure to read! I too am busy now that I am a full time student, not too busy to RP with you guys, though ;)
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Sooooo... How is everybody? Freezing your bums off as well?
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Yup, it's a bit chilly! Hoping we get some snow :D

Thanks for tweaking your stats, guys. I've got the next Mod post up.

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Well, to be honest, I'm not in a very good mood today. For, ah, numerous reasons...

Then I remembered my friend showing me this at the weekend, watched to cheer myself up a bit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsMKOx6fumc

And yes, it's bloody freezing out there!
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Haha, yes, I have seen that before. Personally I think having a goblin in the workplace would do wonders, but that's just me... ;) Hope things get better for you.

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Thanks, Nightcall ;)

Am feeling a bit better. I would love to post in the group but Smiler (still!) hasn't posted and I've just spent the last... ages writing up one hell of a mod post for my group!

So, if you don't mind, I'll post tomorrow instead!

There's seems to be plenty of goblins in my place of work...
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Are we just three now? I'm missing all the RP action! What're your thoughts on recruiting more folk?
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Well, it seems to just be me and you for the moment, Jc! I'm sure Smiler will return...

As for recruiting new players, I've pretty much emptied the CC pool for my group. The remaining players have all been PM'ed but they're still sitting in their respective inboxes and that was at least two months ago. RS did make a post, but hasn't been online since...

Other characters/players would be nice - more opportunities for Nathra to cause mischief :twisted:
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Haha indeed. Well, I'm always open to including more, maybe a post calling for players would intrigue some folk to don't regularly check?
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

As I just posted over in the G39 OOC, I have had no internet lately, so couldn't post in the RP or post to say I couldn't post. Very sorry for holding you all up (again) hopefully it shouldn't happen again.
Opus vos liberaverit
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Hey Smilerman!

If you fancy some more chat while we wait for a mod post, I will not complain!

You might also, ah, need to update your signature...
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

NC, you still about or away for the holidays? Been a few weeks i think since we've seen ya.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Hi guys, I am really sorry for going AWOL like that. It's been a pretty appalling couple of weeks and I haven't had much interweb time. (My 86 year old grandad is very ill in hospital at the moment following a fall, and I've been looking after my nan as well as the usual xmas family shenanigans on top of work)

I will be making a Mod post as soon as I get a spare hour or two.

Mod, Group 38