Group 38 OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Re: Group 38 OOC

Post by Nightcall »

We have another new member. Please welcome Amboadine and his character, Gilvaad.

I will see how things go this week, if there is no further interest I will get things moving on the weekend for the group. Brush the dust off your armour, sharpen your blades. Soon we shall embark on the next part of our adventure!

Name: Gilvaad
Sex: Male
Height: 5'7
Weight: 60kg

• Appearance: Gilvaad is a small runt of a druchii, with long dark platted hair and a very pale almost sickly complexion. Clad in faded, old dark softened hides from head to toe and a small headband of a dark red dyed leather and a dark brown cloth, he tries to blend into the background and hides himself under a long dark hooded cloak of dark grey sturdy wool.
Strapped to his back is a long dark well crafted blowpipe, his only possession of any real value, with a number of darts concealed in pouches around a belt that hold a serviceable if somewhat old throwing knives in sheaves. He has no jewellery other than a number of leather strips around each wrist, that have small dark polished stones attached.

• Character Class: Shade
• Character Statistics: WS:5 S:2 T:2 D:5 I:4

• Starting Equipment:

Blowpipe (poison): 40 gold (EP 1) Power 2. Speed 2
Dagger (Throwing) : 40 gold for set of 4 (EP 1) Power: 1. Speed: 5. Range: 1
Shade Cloak : 100 gold. (EP 1, shades only) Protection 1. Hindrance 1. (Stealth Bonus)
Leather Armour :150 gold (EP 2) Protection 1. Hindrance 0

• Starting Skills:

Precision Fire: SP1

• Character Background: The youngest son of a long forgotten disgraced family, Gilvaad was fortunate to escape his father's wrath. Being a runt of a specimen he brings disgrace upon what honour his family has left, pathetic and weak were the kindest of words used. He was ejected from the family stronghold many years ago.
He has long been on his own and scratching a meagre living from doing others dirty work, a killing here and sabotage there. Most druchii would rather kill him on sight for even existing, but he has always made himself useful to others, if not trusted.
His preferred method of engagement is from a distance, a treasured blowpipe, the only reminder of a happier past time. Taught the ways of poison and the silent kill from a retainer who sort to enhance his position before the family fell, a harsh reminder to Gilvaad, never to involve himself in power struggles and politics.
Now with little money and no social standing he is looking to travel to find new opportunities and to escape the harsh realities of being disowned by his father.

Character Ambitions: Gilvaad is not looking for huge material gain, although of course, one does like to get by in comfort, rather knowledge and further enhancement of his skills, specifically those related to his need to conceal himself and strike from afar. Aware that assassination is the remit of the temple, he is really a mercenary for hire, for those who cannot afford or do not want to involve paid temple assassins. Skills he would be looking for include - Assassination, Stealth, evasion.
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Welcome!
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Hello all, looking forward to getting involved and having some fun.
Now I have just to invest some time in a fair amount of catch up reading to get to know the groups style.
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

I am just working on a summary and new chapter start now. To help, I think it will be useful to have a reference thread, detailing all the characters involved in the story so far, maps, a copy of the chapter end and story so far brief. This will allow you all to catch up quickly, and see what is going on at any time. It will also help any new starters, or people returning to the group after a break.

This thread will be in this forum soon. The OOC thread will continue to be used for OOC questions, instructions, and other queries.
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Good stuff NC. Looking forward to see where the story goes from here!
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Thank you. A nice summary is always helpful. Looking forward to getting started.
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Won't be long now! This summary is helping me with the continuation - I don't want to drop any clangers and ruin the flow for everybody. Looking forward to seeing things get back up to speed again. :D

Mod, Group 38
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

The Reference Thread is now complete. I strongly recommend you all take a look there and read the information contained within. http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=74190&p=891577#p891577

I am working on the end of chapter post now, and then will do the new chapter post.

An old character may be returning to join us too...
:)

Mod, Group 38
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Dreadlord has returned, and will be resuming the adventure of his character, Kailleth. I will write something up in the summary/intro for the next chapter to allow for his disappearance and return to the group. Welcome back! :D

Name: Kailleth Blackthorn
Class: male warrior
Stats: 5ws 4s 3t 3d 3i
Height: 5’10 (short in elf terms)
Build: lean and muscle,
Face: dark steal blue eyes
Raven black hair to mid back length
Fare pale white skin (typical of an inside life of the city)
Tattoos: 1 tattoo on each forearm
On the rite the rune of loyalty
On the left the rune of discipline
Equipment: Light armour, shield, 2 long swords
(All his equipment is of good quality and is well maintained)
(All robes and small closes are black in the style of Hag Graef and rather worn)

Kailleth Blackthorn was a young elf in the city of Hag Greaf, he was born to a simple life with his father being a high ranking retainer and family guard to one of the Nobel Families of the city, Kailleth never know his mother and learned at an early age not to ask his father about her. Kailleth was trained in his duties as soon as he was able to hold a sword and aim a crossbow. In the hope he would one day fallow his father’s footsteps. As a youth he spent half his waking day in the training yard, drilling and sparing with other young druchii and off duty guards. The other half he spent in his studies of history, war and his favourite obsessions, the dogma and texts of Kaine. Kailleth was trained in the art of the sword the spear and crossbow and to diligently respect his armour and weapons, and above all to obey ones master and to lay down his life if asked without question.

On his 100 year Kailleth became a family guard to the Nobel family, just like his father. He performed his duty for 10 years with without question until one tragic night.

It was just past the hour of the wolf when Kailleth was harshly ripped from his chamber by other house hold guards. Confused and disorientated from a blow to his head during the struggle in his chamber, Kailleth was dragged in to the mane courtyard and Thrown to the cold marble yard. As he got his baring he looked around and saw the just under half of the other guards were also in the yard some seemed to have been yanked from bed like him, the others looked to have been in fights and were wounded.
His eyes took little time to august to the night time gloom, as he scanned the perimeter or the courtyard he made out the figures of other druchii with cross bows standing solder to shoulder, he didn’t recognize there heraldry, but after a minuet he realised that not all the soldiers were unfamiliar to him. He counted about a third of his follow guards with them. Backstabbing fiends he spat. Before he could cures them any further a tall Druchii walked out onto the balcony from their masters bed chamber, he had his war helm under his arm and blood dripping from his gauntleted hands, he looked out over the mass of broken and beaten guards, With a wicked smile he began to speak.

Welcome to my new home! He said opening his arms in a sign of welcome. I am fain tairnis your new master, I have just taken this estate to settle an old debt. He weekly chuckled to himself then continued. As you might see . . . some or your fellows have already swore their oaths of loyalty to me, I will now give you the opportunity to do the same. He paused for affect then looked over his shoulder and nodded, then one of the guards was dragged out to the balcony and thrown on to the railing so his head and arms daggled over, (it was Kailleths father) with the same smile he spoke again. If you chose that old loyalties die hard like this old wretch. Producing a small dagger Fain pulled back the head of Kailleth’s father, so be it! Then opened his throat.

Kailleth has never forgotten that night. Most of him died that night as he whacked his father’s exaction.
He mindlessly went throw the act, he swore his oath and carried on as a guard, for a time, after some months Kailleth made his escape it wasn’t grand spectacle or daring feat, he simply on duty one night said he heard something outside the main gate and went to check it out and never turned back.
From that point on Kailleth has played the trade of a mercenary not caring weather his life has purpose or if he’ll ever have a family, he has never tried to fill the void in his life with vengeances because he knows it is pointless. So now spends his days looking to kaine for a path to travel, and money to fill his purse, the only think Kailleth has left is fight for is to stay alive.

Mod, Group 38
dreadlord7476
Cold One Knight

Post by dreadlord7476 »

It's good to be back bin a long time so I'll have the catch up, thanks for havering me
Twitter @dreadlord7476

the dead savoir nothing, revenge is a dish for the living

kailleth blackthorn Group 38
Warrior
ws5 s4 t3 d3 i4
2long swords, light armour, sheld
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

I've just done the last action post of Chapter 2. The next post will be the start of Chapter 3, so please hold fire until this is done. I thought I'd break it up a bit so you didn't have to cope with a wall of text.

Nathra and Cade will be awarded stat points for their participation in the last chapter.

Kailleth will be awarded stat points for chapter 1 to help reflect his character's experience so far.

Newcomers will be awarded further stat points at the end of this chapter.

You will all pick up loot and new skills throughout the RPG, depending on where things lead. So please don't feel like you're behind.

Before we get started proper, please can you all abide by the following:

1. Put your brief character summary in your sig. I've used one of my characters as an example in my own. Copying that format will be fine.

2. Post speech in bold, thoughts in italics, and a summary of your intended actions at the bottom of your post and underline this summary.

3. OOC discussion takes place in this thread, but you may post a brief OOC at the bottom of your post to draw our attention here if you want to clarify or question something.

Mod, Group 38
dreadlord7476
Cold One Knight

Post by dreadlord7476 »

I'll be adding my stat point to Intelligence
Twitter @dreadlord7476

Warrior
ws5 s4 t3 d3 i4
2long swords, light armour, sheld
Trosfuktaren
Warrior

Post by Trosfuktaren »

I just made my first ever RPG post =)

Feel free to give me any feedback, I was terrified at first, did not know what to write. And I kind of want my character to have some distance to the other druchii due to his role being afraid of all things that could harm him, and the fact that he is a male sorcerrer. That wont be too popular i reckon.
Amanthus the exile - sorcerrer
Stats: WS2 S3 T5 D3 I5
Equipment: Staff, High elf staff, short sword
Skills: Power of Ghyran (1), alchemy
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Welcome to the joy of text based RPG. For a first ever post it was fine. Everything gets better with practice.
I think you will find as we get started and the interaction beings it will become easier, and your character will develop in a way you may not have envisaged at the start.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Nightcall, I have spent Nathra's stat point on Dexterity and given her the Free Running skill.

Still feeling a bit... demoralised, but I have managed a somewhat acceptable first post (I could have done a lot better, and will strive to do so in future).
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

You are all off to a great start so far. Thank you for your posts, they all look fine! Once JC has posted, I'll move things along.

Mod, Group 38
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Sorry! I am aware you're waiting on me! I'm swamped with case discussions at the moment (two were due for monday and have learned I have another two due for next monday now) so all my free time has gone to focusing on that. I'll get my post up just as soon as I can find a moment! All apologies!
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

No worries, I think we can all relate to real live pressures taking priority.
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

JC, it's not a problem. If you don't have a chance to post by 8:00pm UK time on Friday, I'll just roll things along with the next Mod post. ;)

Mod, Group 38
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Working on the next Mod Post now. So you all know one is coming, I'm book marking the thread. When you see me do this, please don't post until the Mod Post appears. It takes a few hours to write one up at times, and when a new post comes in whilst I'm putting the post together, it means I have to edit the Mod Post, or even start again. Thank you my lovelies!

Mod, Group 38
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Little reminder to you all. When you change stats or gain a skill, or obtain money or items in the thread... or lose any items or spend any of your coin, please amend your signature.

If it's too annoying to keep going into your profile to do this each time something changes, I don't mind you copying and pasting it, and then posting it at the very bottom of your posts. But you must include it in EVERY post you make. Cheers m'dears.

Mod, Group 38
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

This is just a note for my reference, and everyone else's if needed on the order in the tunnel, so I don't have to go back and work it out again.

(Front)
Gilvaad
Cade
General
Nathra - Light Source
Amanthus - Light Source
Kailleth
(Rear)
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Folks, I'm planning on writing the next Mod Post tomorrow, at around mid-day (UK time). If you haven't been able to post by then, I'll roll you along.

Mod, Group 38
dreadlord7476
Cold One Knight

Post by dreadlord7476 »

Cool
Twitter @dreadlord7476

Warrior
ws5 s4 t3 d3 i4