Group 38 OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Re: Group 38 OOC

Post by Minigrift »

Nightcall, why hasn't Nathra been looting? Twice now I've written in my posts that she has wished to loot the corpses of her slain, and anything of interest in the cupboard. But you have seemingly ignored all of my attempts to loot stuff.

Also, only a week late? Not bad :lol:
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

Minigrift wrote:Nightcall, why hasn't Nathra been looting? Twice now I've written in my posts that she has wished to loot the corpses of her slain, and anything of interest in the cupboard. But you have seemingly ignored all of my attempts to loot stuff.

Also, only a week late? Not bad :lol:

Right. I was ready to do the Mod post last Saturday - the only chance I had to do this over that particular weekend. At that point, I only had 2 responses, 1 of which I couldn't decipher so asked for some clarity. From then on I've been up to my eyeballs in all sorts of stuff at work, and have been knocked out with an ear infection. I emailed the latest responses to my work address this morning, to find once I had a chance in my break to do the actual Mod post, that my original email had been removed as part of an inbox cleanup. So I had to go on memory. With no access to this thread, I don't think I did too badly. I will amend the post to reflect that Nathra has found something.

I'm getting fed up now to be honest, and reading your response and finding a certain sass to it doesn't help. I've tried to pick things up, but it seems people are too busy, then post at last minute (I understand we all have lives outside of this forum). I only have a small window each week to post and have tried to push this to more frequent Mod posts. With people only posting at a weekly rate I can't justify spending 2 hours plus rolling everyone along before getting moaned at about what I've posted.

I'm going to take a break for a bit whilst I consider whether it is really worth continuing this group. Sorry if this comes over as me having some sort of hissy-fit, but I'm fed up, tired, and not feeling too well right now.
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

I apologise for my sarcasm, Nightcall, I didn't mean anything by it. I am a sarcastic fellow at the best of times as you guys have probably noticed.

Thank you for updating the Mod post with the loots. Nathra not looting has not been detrimental to my enjoyment of the RP - I think you've got a really interesting story going on here and I have been fortunate to play a part in it!

I'm happy to participate at a slow pace if that is all you can manage. A slow pace is preferable to no RP at all! I know I am enjoying it, and I think everyone else is as well. So it would be a shame to have to put a stop to it.

Ear infections are not fun, I've had a few over the years and they can be quite painful. I only recently recovered from a nasty skin infection - that's what the whole "life sucks" thing was about - so I can sympathise with it getting to you.

I wasn't really moaning, I was more curious than anything, but I can see how it came across the way you think it did. I'm sorry. I shall try to be more tactful from now on.
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

MG, thanks, I was feeling dreadful when I typed that post last night. On the mend, but I'm aware I'm not in the most robust of mental states right now. I think it's the pain making me get upset at the drop of a hat! I really am trying my best, and after over a year of running this I want to see it continue. Now I'm off to have some more painkillers and hide under a blanket. Thank you for your post, on a normal day I'd have been cool, calm and collected about my response. You should have seen the rageface I had on when I typed that... lol
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Hey NC, just want to reiterate that im loving this story and really hope it continues on. I have my med school degree qualifying finals next week, hence why ive been sorta under a rock and only coming up to post as a wee break (this applies for Taldein as well in group 40 MG). Really hope your ear feels better soon, ear infections are absolutely PANTS! Ibuprofen and paracetamol are great painkillers for this. If it lasts longer than a week or so, go see your GP as some amoxicillan could help (though usually theyre self resolving so they wont usually give this unless it lasts for two weeks) if its a middle ear inf. Outer ear infections, there are usually great swimmer's ear drops in boots/pharmacy etc. Hope it helps!
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

No worries at all, Jc, I know you are busy. When you're finals have finished will you have more time to post?

Has it really been a year already? Wow!

Being a Mod myself, I know how long it can take to do a single Mod post - two hours seems to be a minimum for me!
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

JC thanks - the Dr prescribed me some eye drops (apparently they're the same thing, but work better !lol! ) So much improved now, thanks! Best of luck with next week.

IMPORTANT - ALL PLEASE!!!
So that the weavings of fate I have planned for your characters work, I need you to pay attention. The Command Group of the Druchii army is in the centre of the pass, between the Inner and Outer Griffon Gate. There is a hidden passageway out of the pass through a hatch in the floor of the granary. Only Syjahel's character knows about this at the moment, he found a plan in the tower. Events coming up will mean that I need you all to be able to get to the Command Group and the granary. If those on the battlefield can edge towards this when they feel is appropriate and realistic (I've no intention of you all stopping what you're doing and just running there for no reason!), it'd be a real help.

As MG's and Zacharius' characters are in one of the towers at the moment, I'll also need them to get to this area. MG is currently in a critical scene, so this will have to be played out before she can join you all at the granary area. As she's a shade, I trust that she'll weave her way through with stealth when the time comes. If we don't hear from Zacharius, I'll be posting for him and his character will help MG try to get down to the necessary position.

We're coming up to the end of this chapter so brace yourselves. ;)

Mod, Group 38
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Yeah thats cuz the pharma bother spending the money for the licensing, guessing it was ciprofloxacin they gave you?

Sorry for the delay in posting, degree qualifying finals are tomorrow and im absolutely bricking it. The exams last until Friday and then I'm away to Australia for two months for placement. I will have internet there but I dont expect to be able to check anything until about tuesday. I'll post again if there are any further issues!
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

I have no idea! It's long since gone in the bin now. :) Good luck with the finals, you'll be fine. If Cade can keep his head under pressure, I am sure you can. And the trip sounds AMAZING! Have a terrific time. If you need me to roll your Druchii along at all, just let me know.

Mod, Group 38
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Good luck JC, as Nightcall says I'm sure you'll be fine :)
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

I don't want to speak too soon, but things may be picking up a little with regards to time on this forum. My little one has started settling at night a bit better, meaning I get some spare time whilst she's dreaming of tearing books up and shoving spaghetti up her nose (toddlers love that sort of stuff).

Just made another Mod Post and it's only Tuesday. Woo hoo! Watch this space, I'm hoping I'll be able to keep this up.
:D

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

That's good news Nightcall! If it be true ;)

My next post is up, hope it's okay!
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Hey guys! That's me all set up here in Adelaide. Loving it here though work in the hospital is really full on. Great experience tho! Hope to get some scuba diving in here shortly and check out some of the wildlife in the parks. Anyways, I should be able to post either tomorrow night or saturday morning no bother. Also, sounds grand that things are going well for you now NC (your mention of spaghetti up the nose has oddly made me quite hungry...). Looking forward to see how things develop and getting the group together!
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Nightcall, guys, I am sorry but I will have to drop out. I can't seem to devote consistent post time to this game the way it deserves! I don't want to always be the one keeping people waiting, that's not fair on the rest of you :oops: I'm just not making the grade and I'm not happy with the standard of my posts either.

I would ask a favour that you don't kill Kirael off, as I want to write about him at some future date. Perhaps he can return to his Khainite Temple contingent once the bodyguarding is done? I hope he can become one of the faceless multitude without causing too much inconvenience. As assassins do.

Nightcall, you have an excellent command of the lore and a real insight into the Dark Elven culture I enjoy, so I wish you all a long and successful game! Thanks for letting me play.

- Syjahel
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

JC - Sounds like a terrific experience! Great you can still post, but don't worry about it too much. Make the most of your adventure.

Syjahel - So sorry to see you go. I'll write Kirael out, and will leave things open. Don't worry, it will be suitably heroic and as in-character as I can manage. Thanks for joining us, it's been a pleasure having you with the group. If you ever get more time to post, you'd be welcome back.

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

That is sad news, Syjahel, I was looking forward to RP'ing Nathra with you/Kirael, but at least Kykysh can still RP with you in G28.
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Thank you both, and I wish you all success with your invasion :)
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Hey Nightcall, how are you? How's the ear infection? All better, I hope :)

I've had difficulties with my ears since I was a small chap - perforations, ruptures, glue ear, grommets, infections, and everything else - and I am partially deaf as a result. Of course, listening to copious amounts of death metal probably doesn't help, either!

Anyway, is there any news of Zacharias? Might it be worthwhile PM'ing him to see if he's still wanting to play?

It seems the fight with Nathra might take a while since she's going to sit there until the commander becomes tired (er?) or Asilah really needs her assistance (it's her own fault for not doing as she was told). Would we be able to get little Mod posts done to speed the fight up a bit? Otherwise there might not be much of an army left by the time Nathra is finished up there.
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

No news I'm afraid MG :( I agree, we can sort of write something around this to move it along. I can keep posting here and there to keep it rolling too.

I've PM'd a couple of people from the CC thread to see if we can get some more on board. It'll be a bit difficult to add them to the story when we move into the next part. I need you all to group up and get to know each other after this chapter finishes, so we can move into the next part of the story.

Haha, yeah, my music taste probably hasn't helped my hearing either!

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

You a death-metal fan, too? :D

I PM'ed all the character-creators in the CC thread when I formed G39 and G40. None of them got back to me. Marchosias (the latest entry) is in my group. I left his character there so the others of G40 could have a read before I moved his character to the Groups thread. There was another expression of interest for joining my group a while back, I did say you were looking for additional players so I mentioned to PM you.

Will get a post up in a short while!
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Thanks for the shout out! Nothing so far though.

I'm more into black metal, but I do like bands like Septic Flesh, and Sepultura (takes me back to my youth haha). Been listening to Gojira and Mastodon a bit lately too. Used to listen to Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, that sort of thing. I guess I've mellowed out over the years.

I am really sorry I haven't posted lately. I'm still here, but have been really tired by the time I get some puter time. Not sleeping well and up at silly'o'clock (about quarter to 5am) thanks to toddler alarm clock. :D As soon as I have enough brain capacity to write something presentable it will be up. Bear with me.

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Bands like: Mayhem; Behemoth; Carpathian Forest; Emperor; 1349; Gorgoroth; Borknager; Impaled Nazarene... and many more. Yeah, I like BM, too ;)

And I still love Napalm Death :D

My tastes haven't changed, more or less, for the last 14 years or so. I like all the bands you've mentioned as well!

Anyway, nae tather a ba about not being able to post. It seems I'm the only one on this site who doesn't have a life! I sleep okay now, but when I had my skin infection my sleep was all over the place so I can totally sympathize about sleep deprivation. Just post when you're able - I'll be ready 8)
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Ooh, saw Behemoth live a few years ago in a pub in Bristol. :mrgreen: I've been enjoying Blutweil, Sig Ar Tyr, Jotunspor, Dimmu Borgir (I know, I know... haha!), Unholy, and Enslaved lately too. That and a bit of epic soundtrack/trailer music, and some ritual dark ambient from time to time. It makes a nice change to hits for toddlers on loop when I get home from work !lol!

I'm going to jump in and do a Mod post now then.

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Behemoth in a pub? Nice! Does 'epic trailer music' actually exist? Might have to get me some (that's sarcasm, by the way)! Dimmu Borgir used to much better than they are now, same with Enslaved. A friend of mine really likes Jotunspor but I have yet to hear any of their stuff. I'm getting more into folk/viking metal these days. Kings of Asgard being a favourite at the the moment. Finntroll are also... amusing :roll:

But I'm getting too old to go see bands now, if I went into the pits again I would get demolished!

I will have a post up soon 8)
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Is no one else here a Justin Bieber/Kanye West/One direction fan? maaaaaan
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4