Group 41 - OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Group 41 - OOC

Post by Calisson »

I've heard a US general rating God, Family, Duty, in that order.
For sure your family emergency supersedes Group 41's.
Take care.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Good think we do not write as gods, then G41 would probably take precedence according to the aforementioned general. :roll: :mrgreen: Fingers crossed for you!

Cananatra, would you be please so kind to include some information about the other named characters on our ship from time to time? Not in every post, of course. What are they doing, what do they probably think about what is happening around them? Analya might try to hire them at some point in the future but needs to complete their profiles first. :)
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

Been wondering the same :P I guess they where on the ship with us while we boarded it?
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

The captain and first officer remained on their own ship. The two other mercs came over to the human ship. Their actions weren't really story critical but I'll weave them in a bit more if you guys want.
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

NPC stories are always interesting to read.
Mods can roleplay, too.
(relived to have confirmed that captain did not join the fight - I was afraid to have God-modded to far, by assuming that no report on that meant that he wasn't in the fight at all).
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
paithan darkshadow
Trainee Warrior

Post by paithan darkshadow »

I just wanted to say the boredom I posted in my latest post is by no means a comment on post speed (which I think is fine) but rather it is paithans languid manner when he isnt training or fighting he has little time for anything else
Name: paithan darkshadow
Sex: male
Height: 6ft1
Weight: 245 lbs
Class:khainite
Statistics: weapon skill 5 strength 3 Toughness 4 dexterity 3 Intelligence 4
Equipment: draich, Medium armour
Skills: endurance, smithing
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

I'll put the post up in a couple of days. I'd like Jcitalia to post but know he may be unable to. Ladry's responce to the whole help make me a non-burn-the-ship-to-the-waterline forge would change the story somewhat so I'd like to wait for that too.
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Posted it ;)

I didnt post my reply initially because I keep seeing posts as sort of simultaneous yet not quite. For example, in my head, Ladry had already disappeared into the captains cabin on her search for plunder when Paithan asks about a forge, and since there was no GM reply as to what loot we found in there, I find it difficult to come back from the cabin and strike up casual conversation with no apparent sentiment about her plunder (I mean, what if I find a staff of epic arcane casting :p overexaggaration I know, but I hope you get what I mean).
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Well I was going to just tell you a list of what you found and you could add it to your inventory. I wasn't going to give a mod post about you finding it and then have you guys try to spice up picking up a sword or something. So no need to worry about timeline like that for now.
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Cananatra wrote:
Well I was going to just tell you a list of what you found and you could add it to your inventory. I wasn't going to give a mod post about you finding it and then have you guys try to spice up picking up a sword or something. So no need to worry about timeline like that for now.

Alright :)
I just figured, if someone came across the same item and both where likely to pick it up :P
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
paithan darkshadow
Trainee Warrior

Sorry if my posts are causing issues. Im still adjusting to anforum based rp most of my previous experience is in live chat. I will work it out pretty soon will just learn to be more patient and linear (rsther than my usual scatological self )
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

no worries Paithan, your not the only one who is new to this kind of RP. though i do like this 'D&D-style' RP with a person calling the shots so nothing weird happens :D

on a side not;
it's lonely down here in the in the cargohull :lol:

Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
paithan darkshadow
Trainee Warrior

I grew up playing white wolf games both irl and online so used to the games mastered story led rp but the more linesr style of the forum is really catching me out at times but I will get better. And nothing fun is ever kept in the cargo hold :p
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

well it seemed a better choice then use all cramping into the Captains cabin xD and who knows, maybe they were moving Demigryphs and all kinds of shenanigans will ensu :lol:
at the very least they should be moving something decent to drink of eat... i hope xD

paithan darkshadow
Trainee Warrior

Hey paithan has some nice things to eat he has suspicious meat jerky
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

yeah how friggin old is that jerky anyway xD we been at sea for weeks xD

Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

What better gift can you give to a noble woman than a piece of five weeks old jerky? :D

Cananatra: the list of "loot I would know what to do with" grew and includes now bright gems such as amber, topaz, citrine or sunstone - or jewels made thereof. Prefferably several small pieces rather then a single big one. It does not have to be of any real value, the important part is it has to be shiny! I will edit my last summary accordingly.
paithan darkshadow
Trainee Warrior

thats the joy of jerky. it stays good for weeks and weeks, its what it is designed for. perfect traveller food any woman would love to have jerky (my girlfriend would probably disagree but hey..)
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

hey guys, sorry for the delay to my post. I appreciate all your comments and thank you very much for keeping me in your thoughts. It was a fairly rough but, on the up and up. Cheers lads.
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Ok post up.
With regard to linearity, by the time we hit the fourth action/mission it will be more or less non-existent. It'll be hard, and probably quite fun.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Whoah, a sunstone! What a treat for a RL former sailor! :D

I guess that the story is halted so that we can react to looting.
Caraoc will collect of course all navigation tools.
My post should come tomorrow.
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

more to have a bit of inter player chat before the next story point. That and the post was getting a little long
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

So I have decided that linearity is for n00bs and engaged myself in three conversations at once. :D

For something more serious:
I was thinking about how many foreign languages our characters would know. I, as a player, after a solid education, can use two foreign languages quite well - English is one of them. It is not enough to get into a heated argument with a drunk, but enough to read books for fun.
Now, Analya had one hundred years to learn something while I had only twenty and she was given a good education, as well. So I think two foreign languages at a good level are quite certain. Three are likely.
One of them has to be Tal-Eltharin as knowing this is the sign of a good birth. For the second one, I think the human language would make the most sense because the Empire would be a good target for raids. Other possibility could be the speech of barbarians on the northern border... or if there is something like "the language of magic" or "the language of dragons", then maybe this.

Similar thoughts can be applied to Ladry and Searinox.

Do you see a flaw in my reasoning? If not, it would be safe for us three to assume our characters are very comfortable communicating in the high elven and human languages, at least.

By the way, Thraundil, how is it possible that Ladry yelled at the commander that he should surrender but is unable to read his letters? I am lazy to check what exactly have you written. :)

And Cana, I have a question. How well goes the parrying dagger Analya found with her Sariya fencing? I think not much as the use of two weapons changes your posture and requires another kind of coordination, but on the other hand, if the main-gauche is meant as an accompanying weapon to a rapier and if it was served to me in this way, you might think otherwise. ;)
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

I asked with regards to languages earlier (its on page 4 or something), and got the response that most druchii would think any lesser language beneath them unless it somehow benefits them. An analysis I agree with btw :p

I could argue for the fact that Ladry used to sail smaller ships for her family, and might have raided human lands, thus knowing human. But I thought better than to just decide that my character knows this and that language, so I asked OOC and it seems as if we only really speak druchii fluently, and can maybe commune with high elves, but thats it.

I did yell at the enemy commander to surrender. GM said he paid no attention to me. I assume that mean the didnt understand me, because I spoke druchii to him ;)
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Well i'd asume to atleast know certain words and phrases from other languages, since he is from a raiding family. but more to the extent that i can understand japanese from watching from watching to much anime xD
Sure i couldn't hold a conversation to save my life, but at the very least i know when some1 is talking shiz to me and i sure as hell can tell em to drop dead :D

altho thinking about it it might not be to weird for Searinox to know some languages as his family did dpecialize in infiltration.
But I'll just keep it at the first xD

Edit: Marchosias, thats alot of different timelines you got in that one post :P