Group 42 OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Group 42 OOC

Post by Calisson »

Sorry about late posting, and a quality much inferior to Marchosias'.
Busy at the moment with a new work starting.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

No problem, thanks for the post.

By the way, the waterfall of icy water I mentioned was ment only as a metaphor for the sudden awakening. My intention was that Shyamal disrupted the vision using magic only. Buckets of water are not really her style. The mundane way would work too, though, so you can edit your post or leave it be, your choice. :)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Well, let's make it a mix of metaphor and actual rain.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Sorry, I have not much to add to the storyline.

In the close future, I'm travelling soon to spend Christmas with in-laws.
In January, my new job is going to be more demanding.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

Christmas days have been taking there toll on me aswell :P Hope to get some more time to write come the new year.
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Hoping for a quiet couple of days at work. Give me a chance to get something up before Christmas.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Marchosias wrote:Why do you think you character looted the jewel? :)

Ooooh so I missed a flag :o Tho I'll have to come up with a pretty good line to make switch from Hime to Dere :P :lol:

Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

I'm sorry for my recent silence! I'll try and catch up on the thread tomorrow, december has been kind of a dead month for me in terms of... well, ANY kind of motivation, actually.
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

I'm waiting for someone else to post.
Now wanting Gr42 to be the Tale of Caraoc (well, at least I wish it not to be too obvious... ;) )

Also, I'll be travelling to USA until end of next week. Can't tell how busy will be my evenings.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

I have written to MangoPunch to ask if he wants to go back to playing here so I am giving him a few days for answering. Hope you do not mind this delay much. Otherwise, next post has already been written and only needs a bit tidying here and there. :)
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Mango does not respond so the post goes up. This does not mean he is excluded from this RP, though! There are still ways how to put Harkyl back in. :)

I just hope I am not forgetting some important detail. There is quite a lot going on at the moment. Things should calm down soon, though. :)
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

lovely post! rly shook me up to see The House of Corvus being named xD had to think long to figure out an answer.
small not tho, whilst its a great accomplishment to reach high ranks in one of the Black Guard Towers...
Since the mothers of these Black Guard are put to the sword shortly after they are born (and sometimes the whole family) to remove them of any family ties I find it an even bigger accomplishment to have one fight in your families name ;)

nitpicking I know :oops: I'm sorry :P

Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Oops. This is what you get if your mod does not study the lore properly. :D
On the other hand, being a black guard commander is no easy job. You serve day and night, you can get executed for any failure and there are always some sergeants watching you, waiting for the slightest hint of treachery with a dagger prepared. Why would Malekith waste good soldiers that were raised in the way you describe when he can creep out some nobles instead? :) And collect bribes at the same time?
And do not poke into it or it will fall apart. :D

If you think about it, the fall of House Corvus has to be well-known. Not every day is a House completely culled out. Otherwise, there would be no nobles left anymore. When this happens it has to be the big news of the year. Black guards are investigating, nobles trying to clear their names, prove their loyalty once more and scavenge as much as possible at the same time, everyone knows the *exact details* of the event and will tell for just a pint or two. :) I think Searinox has already heard several theories how it was. Most of them impossible of course. :D
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

true, should have chosen my words better i guess ;) so far the biggest story know and spread would be that during the celebration they where holding a Slave break out happened and the ppl attending where simply over run.
tho this is still in a document on my PC that i have yet to upload xD

but yeah Searinox will have heard many tall tales about the fall over a few pints and several unfortunate Druchii have met there end because of it :P

Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Regarding the hiring process, your characters would surely want to know specific numbers such as "every mercenary will be paid 500 gold pieces plus a slave of his choice, the contract will end on the 31th of October" and similar. Analya would say this but I do not want to write this in the post because we have no idea if 500 gold pieces are a lot, when the raiding season ends or how such contracts usually work at all. So let us skip this part - the conditions are reasonable and the payment relatively good, not as good as a long-term mercenary would get but significantly better than the starting fee for someone picked up from the street. Unless someone of you really wants to haggle, then we can probably come up with something.

We should continue the discussion about freedom and general principles, of course. :)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Thraundil wrote: Caraoc and Searinox had both accepted at the promise of fame and fortune...
What I desire is knowledge. Knowledge and prowess of the arcane.
riches... fame... knowledge... power... Nobody request love :(
Damn Dark Elves...
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

You cannot request love ;)
Also who needs love! Emotions are dumb and should be hated!
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

I am going to push the story forwards somewhat once I find the time. Should be relatively quick hopefully. You have a few days to object. :)
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Actually i was waiting for Thraundil to reoly ;) I'll see if i can think of something before you push it forward

Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Same here. :) Do not panic though, we are staying anchored for a while more. You only should stop me now if you want to do something before Analya leaves the ship again, basically.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

OOOOOOOOH!

things are getting interresting ;)

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

I have nothing special to post. Don't wait for me!
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Posts for Searinox and Gilvaad up.
By the way, Amboadine, you can try to be more proactive in your posts. I will be trying to give you something to do but if something interests you feel free to pursue it by yourself. You have a better idea what you find interesting than I do, after all. :) And as I have said, you can even skip a few days should you want to do something but not immediatelly. For example, would Gilvaad try to make the crew accept him somehow? His position is not easy after he was forced on the ship from the outside. Each corsair has a weak spot, though. :) Just an idea, there are probably lots of other things you could attempt. :)
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

No worries. I was really just biding time until we get underway again. Will put something together when I get some time.
Currently in crisis avoidance mode at work.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

In this case do not feel rushed. :)