Druchii Warband Revision - Pre-Beta Release

Discuss and participate in the development of the Mordheim Druchii warband here.

Moderators: Loflar, The Dread Knights

Tal_1173
Warrior

Playtesting...

Post by Tal_1173 »

I've been playing the dark elf list from this website for as long as the list has been available. I download and printout the current list almost every week and then play two or more games a week. I've been looking forward to an 'official' dark elf list for a long time. So, to answer your question, yes I will keep play testing!
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Damn you, man. Why didn't you let us know you were here before? :P

Well, I'm glad we've got such a dedicated PTer. Thanks for playing. :)

I'll second that - Arq.

Damn you, Arq. >.>

Damn you Ansob - Arq.

Damnations aside, anything else your opponent(s)'s finding weird?
General Kala wrote:
Cenyu wrote:Hail to the King, baby.
All my eloquence fails to express it as well as this.
Tal_1173
Warrior

Are the witch elves coming to get me?

Post by Tal_1173 »

(Feeling fully chastised) Sorry guys, I guess I assumed there were other people playtesting already.

The only other thing my opponent complained about was the fact that my fully equiped warband of 9 elves was sending 18 arrows into his little ugly goblins every round... Wahhahaha!!! He can be such a whiner when he loses badly.

I also really liked the Bloodshade, but this was because of the theme of my warband. I basically split them into two groups:
Ranged with the bloodshade, shades, and sorceress
Close combat with Noble and Lordlings.
I moved the ranged groups to second level of buildings and charged the three into combat. It was devesating every time. Great fun!

I guess if I can't have a hydra I don't want a beastmaster... ;)
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Re: Are the witch elves coming to get me?

Post by Loflar »

Tal_1173 wrote:I guess if I can't have a hydra I don't want a beastmaster... ;)

Come on, dogs are so nice. I bet hydra does not jump happily around beastmaster, when he comes home, but dogs certainly do. And they can also fetch shoes and newspapers, just for a piece of sugar ;-)

And finally (now back to Mordheim), hydra will not jump through the window, and will not even squeeze into door frame.
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Hey Tal.
Please test this A4 list with your Warband. And do not hesitate to make some CC-guys! Maybe you can give some suggestions to the special rules (restrichting Armour, long-lived and so...) befor we fix everything.
../¨¨¨|
.|ô/ô 9..Real sportsmen hunt with arrows and fish with flies.
.~~ /|...Real gentlemen play games which require skill, not tools.
.|__/\...Extraordinary gentlemen even win with them.
.[>o<]...Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

We tried to make manticore and hydra cubs, y'know. They just didn't fit in Mordheim, though. :(

Anyway, I still want a warband entirely comprised of corsairs and heroes. I wonder if I should add the rope and hook to the hero wargear, though that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and they can get it at the end of their first game anyway (no, I won't add them). I just want a la + sdc + sword + dagger + rope & hook warband for some awesome pirate wall-scaling action.

Remember what was said about the Druchii warband - pirates and ninjas. ;)
General Kala wrote:
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

PIRATE-NINJAS ROXORZZZ!!!!111!!1!

Ahem. Rope and hook is a bit too generic to be stuck in at startup without adding it top every warband's list. It's not like we have better access to them in Nagaroth or anything.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Arquinsiel wrote:Ahem. Rope and hook is a bit too generic to be stuck in at startup without adding it top every warband's list. It's not like we have better access to them in Nagaroth or anything.

No, but my point is that, unlike most other warbands, corsairs and shades have good reasons to have them - mainly that they're professional pirates and mountaneers, respectively.
General Kala wrote:
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

But so does any warband coming into Mordheim. Middenhiemers, Marienburgers dwarves, and pretty much most of the other human warbands have as much of a claim.
ImageImageImageImage
Tege
Executioner

Post by Tege »

I will start playtesting soon, I need to make some models and learn the rules for mordheim first. from now I'm hooked!
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Arquinsiel wrote:But so does any warband coming into Mordheim. Middenhiemers, Marienburgers dwarves, and pretty much most of the other human warbands have as much of a claim.

The dwarfs I could see, but the others, how so? How does their daily professions involve boarding ships using a grappling hook or climbing the sheer face of a mountain?

TeGe: another one to join the ranks. Playtest as much as you want, it's appreciated. :)
General Kala wrote:
Tal_1173
Warrior

Playtesting

Post by Tal_1173 »

Maybe someone could make a playtesting thread for those of us people playtesting to report on our battles? A lowly slave such as myself would not deign to create such a thread...
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Middenhiem is on a mountain, it's kinda important to them. Marienburgers are also sailors. Averlanders are foresters and tend to spend lots of time in rough terrain. Kislevites don't need them quite as much but there are plenty of mountains there. Reiklanders have plenty of barges to draw in to shore etc........

Edit :damn you, Arq. I just wanted rerolls for climbing. >.>
Rope & Hook are out, then. Thank Arq. :P And I'll make the PT thread. (Ansob.)
ImageImageImageImage
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

Arquinsiel wrote:Edit :damn you, Arq. I just wanted rerolls for climbing. >.>
Rope & Hook are out, then.

I see that I logged in too late. I quite liked that. Nice, fluffy addition, which doesn't hurt anyone. The rerolls are not that important with I5, so it was just something to say "we are corsairs, we have the equipment".

OK, Averlanders don't have it, but IMHO they have some skill instead.

Just my two rants...
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

That was my point, really. Then again, we can still purchase it later on (like, after the first game - do you really want to spend 5 gc at start-up per model on rope and hook?).

In, out; in, out; in, out goes the rope and hook. :P
General Kala wrote:
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

I think The R&H is very nice, becaudse it is for the hencemen! I think other heceguys cannot get them. rigth?
I vote for ropes IN! (if this helps anybody)
Maybe I'll find some time this weekend to play a game myself...

hope you're having a relaxing day...
../¨¨¨|
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

A neutral shade of black. wrote:Secondly, the amount of racial special rules we have is starting to get a tad complicated. Since Long-Lived is probably the most akwardly-worded one as well as the longest, what would people say to either shortening it (I don't know how) or seeing it entirely go?

I have just realized, that the Long-Lived rule might easily mean, that DE warband spends all the campaign with 5, and, in case of death of noble, 4 heroes. This means serious disadvantage - less exploration dice means less money. (And we do not have access to any HS with Seeker ability.) We have also smaller chance to get rare equipment. (Trading skills are only available to noble and sorceress, and both of them have different priorities. Arabian merchant will also not help.) And, to finish, most of our interesting equipment is rare and expensive.

So I think that the rule should be either scaled down by rerolling only the first 'talent roll' for all the henchmen, or dropped completely.
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Loflar wrote:or dropped completely.

I move for this solution. Frpm what I've gathered of my infiltr- stay at the SG boards, the less special rules there are the better, and we already have tonnes...
General Kala wrote:
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

But dropping long-lived will decrease our disadvantage-fond.
(is it a disadvantage if the hencemen get one more stat before becoming heros?)
This means something like cost-increases (adjusting via playtests)

I would furhter go so far to try to get the long-lived and lithe into the other elven warband(s)

Maybe I'm wrong and this lack of new heros is very seriously. But O&G have a Gobbo killed for each talent roll and vampire counts can only have their basic number of heros (ae, right?)

Rules question: can we rebuy a noble? (with his f&r rule)

Organisatoric: can anyone repair or lock the album? (I'd prefer repairing...)
../¨¨¨|
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

Cat-the-Odd wrote:But dropping long-lived will decrease our disadvantage-fond.
(is it a disadvantage if the hencemen get one more stat before becoming heros?)

To get a talent roll, you have to roll 10+ on 2D6, which has probability of about 17%. It means that it can be reasonably expected, that 1 of 6 hechmen advance rolls will be talent. Usually it means, that the talent will show at the latest during the second group advance (sooner, if you make 1 man groups). Henchmen usually get 1 XP point per battle, so the advance should be there by 6th battle.

However, Druchii have to reroll first talent roll for every group. (The reroll will still give you talent with 3% probability.) Next talent roll can be expected in another six attempts. But it has to appear in the same group where the first roll was. Therefore, every DE henchmen group can expect to have spawned a hero by its 12th advance. With, say, three groups (I don't do one man groups) I expect the hero when all groups (including those which were not there in the beginning) advanced about 4 times, which can be expected after 14 battles...

OK, someone better in statistics might have a different opinion ;-)

This means something like cost-increases (adjusting via playtests)

Yes, I got the idea when, after battle with 6-hero Reiklanders, I rolled Initiative increase for my corsair.

I would furhter go so far to try to get the long-lived and lithe into the other elven warband(s)

I would rather generalize: All are elves, all should have the same racial rules.

Maybe I'm wrong and this lack of new heros is very seriously. But O&G have a Gobbo killed for each talent roll and vampire counts can only have their basic number of heros (ae, right?)

O&G special equipment is cheaper and is not rare. Ghouls can advance.

Rules question: can we rebuy a noble? (with his f&r rule)

I don't think so. LRB says, that you cannot hire a new leader, if the old died
(with exception of undead).
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Loflar wrote:However (...) which can be expected after 14 battles...

Yes, I painfully know. Thatshy we have to do some pre-beta (=alpha) playtesting. Elves are very expensive in Mortheim and with their T3 profiles quite unprotected (Did I tell you, that S4 gobbos with A2 are very #*@#?). We have no 'hard' blocking unit. On the other hand our shooting is very painful for other warbands (esp. with DV on the bolts :twisted:). But without cc mortheim is very boring.
When looking on the money-point we have to begin with our 5 heros to afford some hencemen in later games. Usually we want as much as possibly rxb in the beginning (saves 20gc/rxb)...

--random off--
../¨¨¨|
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Not that random.

You'll also notice that we have no weapon boosting our strength beyond the halberd (making it obligatory to waste a skill on Exotic Weaponry or whatever it is), and a max S of 4... Ouch. Anyway, more on this when I'm back from the UK.
General Kala wrote:
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Yesterday I played and won!

Things that came up to me:
Is the MOP a optional replacement for rare-rolls? Do all rules apply, who may do it (cases of ooa, etc.)?
Quickshot: I don't want to have rxb with double attacks here! The QS skill gives the opportunity to 'shoot faster', wich imo means faster reload. Since rxb shoot twice a turn, because they reload themselves, QS would not work! (buy the 'all missile weapons' skill to use bows with it.) An opportunity would be to remove the -1 to hit on our multiple shots, but these are core rules anyway and we may not touch them.
../¨¨¨|
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

The RXB may have to have its price dropped some, given that the Mordheim RR forgot to do that yet still revised QS et al... Anyway.

MoP is optional, yes, i.e. you can choose to forgo your item search roll in order to make poison (you don't have to, but you don't make poison if you don't... Just to make perfectly clear).
General Kala wrote:
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Why should the RXB price drop? (it's at 35gc, yes?) It is a weapon that shoots quite far and twice!
Adjustments should only come with the experimental armour rules.
../¨¨¨|