Alpha 3.5 PT results

Discuss and participate in the development of the Mordheim Druchii warband here.

Moderators: Loflar, The Dread Knights

Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Loflar wrote: I also noticed, that we did not think about multiwound models

With that comes the Question about the Deathspasm spell.
Recently I had a multiplayer-game as Monster Hunt. I simply moved my Sorc in Turn 1 to the monster (after Deploying in a building... acad. skill) and casted. At this point the orc player tried to say something like... "you can't do this". We came up with just wounding the Beast, but how should it be done when we have a release?

Does the Deathspasm ignore multiple wounds? (Kill the Vampire/Troll/Ogre on 5+ :twisted: )

My suggestion: "only" autowount the target with the spell...
../¨¨¨|
.|ô/ô 9..Real sportsmen hunt with arrows and fish with flies.
.~~ /|...Real gentlemen play games which require skill, not tools.
.|__/\...Extraordinary gentlemen even win with them.
.[>o<]...Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Nope. The spell list is indentical to what we had in the Lustria list. It stays as it is. Tough for them (you have to get the spell, then cast it, and it puts a model OOA, not dead - that means it still recovers; and your sorc is open to be finished if she successfully casts - not even if the spell does anything).
General Kala wrote:
Cenyu wrote:Hail to the King, baby.
All my eloquence fails to express it as well as this.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

We encountered the issue as well, and agreed to follow the rules. If my deathspasm worked, reikland player would roll on injury chart for ogre. Regardless of number of wounds remaining. I think that it is OK. The spell is difficult, short ranged and knocks the sorceress down. That's IMHO quite adequate (if not too big) compensation for a chance to kill one, possibly multiwound, model.

It is also not an exception. Critical hit of bludgeoned weapon can ignore number of wounds, too.
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

ANSOB wrote:Nope. The spell list is indentical to what we had in the Lustria list. It stays as it is.

I know that, I just thought about it because in this particular scenario it is the way to succsess.
Loflar wrote:It is also not an exception. Critical hit of bludgeoned weapon can ignore number of wounds, too.

I have not played yet with these rules, because our Orc player wants to keep his strong warband and we started without the new critical tables. (And I am underdog, so advancing is fast, good conditions for skilltesting). I'll try to play more...
../¨¨¨|
.|ô/ô 9..Real sportsmen hunt with arrows and fish with flies.
.~~ /|...Real gentlemen play games which require skill, not tools.
.|__/\...Extraordinary gentlemen even win with them.
.[>o<]...Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

8) Chance encounter with Witch Hunters
==================================
Edit: This was meant to be number 8, not a smiley...
Just check the "disable smilies" box. (Ansob.)

Druchii:
Noble pan Proschek, DS sword, RXB, helmet, SDC, toughened leathers, buckler, Fey Quickness, Wyrdstone Hunter
Lordling Vilém: Sword, buckler, toughened leathers, W2, Ld9
Lordling Jan: Halberd, RXB, toughened leathers , Ld9, Hardened, Stesso Tempo
Sorceress Barunka: Sword, Word of Pain, Deathspasm, I6
Beastmistress Adélka: Sword, Beastlash, toughened leathers, Master of Poisons, T4, Old battle wound, Scars, Step Aside
2 Shades: Sword, RXB, A2, Ld9
2 Witch Elves - Viktorka and Kristla: Sword & Dagger
2 dogs - Sultán & Tyrl: teeth
Rating 176
Adélka was recovering from her wounds, so she did not make poison this time. Further more, thanks to her old wound, she stayed home this time, and so did her dogs.

Witch Hunters: Priest, three Witch Hunters, three flagellants (two with WS4 A2), one zealot, four dogs, one halfcook.

I let WH player to choose her table quarter. She put her fire support to a well defensible three-floor building, and combat group on the ground, ready to go forward.

I spread my warband in my quarter, trying not to be seen by shooters and trying not to provide a single target for charge. I also had a tower in my quarter, and I considered moving pan Proschek there. So I had pan Proschek with shades on the left flank, near the tower, Vilém with WE's and Barunka in the centre, and Jan on the right flank to minimize hiding opportunities for any attackers.

WH combat group moved a bit forward. I moved a bit forward as well, trying to send Vilém and one WE on a right flank, to get around their combat group and get some of their shooters.

They moved forward again, preparing their dogs to bait my WE's out and then hit them by flagellants. This time I saw the danger, so in my turn, I drawed back. They went forward again, I went back again.

Now I had an excellent killing ground prepared - a small square. If the dogs came there, they would be attacked not only by WE's but also by shades and pan Proschek, with Barunka and her Deathspasm nearby, and probably out of charge range of flagellants. WH fire support provided no cover here, because, thanks to my constant movement in cover, they were useless in their building, so they abandoned this position and were now moving to a new one.

Unfortunately, WH player realised it, too. WH combat group turned on the spot and went away, letting one flagellant hidden in a building as a rearguard. This time, they went around the battlefield to Jan, guarding my weak right flank. I moved there as well, with one shade guarding the centre and pan Proschek and the other shade going forward on left flank trying to get to their rear, where weak halfling and heroes carrying wyrdstone were. This later proved to be a mistake.

As they were approaching Jan, he managed to put zealot OOA with a lucky shot. When WH dogs got into charge range, he climbed to the first floor of a ruin he was hiding behind, to further frustration of WH player, who then decided to go forward by brute force.

Dogs went forward, flagellants behind them, heroes stayed hidden.

One of my WE charged a dog, the other was out of range. Vilém also charged a dog. The other WE moved closer, Barunka moved into Deathspasm range, Jan moved into firing position.
Pan Proschek with his shade, almost out of RXB range, fired at one of flagellants. No result. So did the other shade. No result. Barunka tried deathspasm on flagellant and failed. Jan shot at another flagellant and missed. In CC, WE put her dog OOA, Vilém missed.

In WH turn, Vilém and WE were surrounded by dogs and flagellants, and one flagellant charged Barunka. One Witch hunter tried to shoot at my other WE, but missed (probably the one and only shot of WH in the game). Vilém was bitten by dogs, lost a wound, but was not able to hit a dog himself. WE went OOA. Barunka survived.

In my turn, pan Proschek and shades came closer. Jan jumped from the building and charged the flagellant beating Vilém (but it was not a diving charge). The surviving WE charged a witch hunter, who, trying to get into firing position, got into her range. pan Proschek with shades shot again, again with no result. Barunka again failed to cast deathspasm, this time on flagellant beating her. WE managed to knock the witch hunter down, Barunka went OOA after flail hit, Vilém, bitten by dogs, went OOA. Jan missed the flagellant, flagellant missed one hit, but not the other one, and Jan went OOA. Thanks to Stesso Tempo, Jan got one more attack, but that one missed as well.

Then I routed.

Pan Proschek, thanks to his Wyrdstone Hunter skill, found two shards of wyrdstone. Jan will miss next two battles. Other than that, all members, who were OOA, are OK. Barunka increased her initiative again. WE group also got higher initiative. I could imagine more useful advances... Anyway, now I have money for a corsair.

I think, that the problem of Master of Poison is, that:
1) It is obviously skill for a beastmaster. BM can affor it best, because he starts with the least XP, and so has highest chance to also get some useful combat-related skill in historically short time.
2) However, BM is a CC hero who often goes OOA, therefore being unable to search for rare items.
3) Therefore I think that weakness of MoP is not its 0-2 range, but its dependence on ability to search for rare items.

I also think, that parrying rule is broken. OK, it is out of DE warband rules, but anyway. The way parrying works means, that it can only be attempted, if attacker did not roll 6. With 2 attacks, rolling 6 has probability of 1/3.
Low WS parrying model is hit on 3+, and can parry if the to hit roll was 3-5 - 3/4 of cases. High WS parrying model is hit on 4+, and can parry on to hit roll of 4-5 - 2/3 of cases.

I could go on with the math, but I don't have enough time for it. Generally, the higher WS the model has, the lower chance it has to gain benefit of parrying. The opposite should be true.
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Loflar, I just need to know if your A3.5 campaign is over - I'm cleaning the forum up, and can't desticky this until your done. Thanks. :)
General Kala wrote:
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

Winter university exams ended, so our campaign should resume next week. As I am odd, I will not play this time, but I expect to have next battle in two weeks.
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Right, so shall I unsticky this or keep it here? It makes my forum look dirty, but if you think you won't be able to find it again... :P
General Kala wrote:
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

As you wish. I think that it would need very strong surge of activity now to be pushed to a next page...
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

9) Defend the find against Marienburg

Druchii:
Noble pan Proschek, DS sword, RXB, helmet, SDC, toughened leathers, buckler, Fey Quickness, Wyrdstone Hunter
Lordling Vilém: Sword, buckler, RXB, toughened leathers, W2, Ld9
Lordling Jan: Halberd, toughened leathers , Ld9, Hardened, Stesso Tempo
Sorceress Barunka: Sword, Word of Pain, Deathspasm, I7
Beastmistress Adélka: Sword, Beastlash, toughened leathers, Master of Poisons, T4, Old battle wound, Scars, Step Aside
2 Shades: Sword, RXB, A2, Ld9
2 Witch Elves - Viktorka and Kristla: Sword & Dagger, A2, I6
1 Corsair: Sword & Dagger
2 Dogs - Sultán & Tyrl: teeth
Rating 190
Adélka participated this time, with both her dogs. However, Jan stayed home recovering from a hit recieved from unfriendly flagellant.

Marienburgers: 16 mercenaries (one crossbowman, 5 archers, at least 3 swordsmen and at least 5 heroes) and halfcook.

In the centre of the table, we positioned three floor tower with one wall missing, connected with a small ruin by a bridge in a first floor. Let's say that the bridge ran in north-south direction with the tower on the North. Both parts of building missed western wall. We agreed that the building containing the find is the tower only.

I put both shades on the top, Vilém to the second floor, pan Proschek to the first floor, Witchelves and Adélka with dogs to the ground floor, and Barunka to the small ruin.

He split into 4 groups coming from different parts of the table. Fire support into NW corner, captain with swordsman and stupid champion into SW, archer, blunderbussier, swordsman, halfcook and two other guys into SE and the rest into NE. Then he started to cautiously converge to my building. His crossbowman started to climb on a three floor bulding to the NW.

I just shuffled around and stayed hidden. Barunka climbed on the bridge, where she could hide. I was most worried by the small captain's group, because I had no cover from this side. Another problem were my witchelves, guarding NE, which could be easily baited out.

He came closer. Crossbowman climbed another floor. NE group came close to a small building about 4" to NE from the tower. An archer climbed at a small building N from the tower "to give me a target". Captain's group entered a building W from the tower.

Viktorka went out of the tower and hided in the close building at NE. Kristla went into the open where she could see both the NE and SE groups, being out of charge range of both. Corsair moved under the bridge, so he could not be seen by NE or SE group, but in a running range to the building behind which SE group was hiding. Barunka, staying hidden, moved closer to the tower. One of shades shot at the crossbowman and missed. Pan Proschek, who could not be seen by the crossbowman, shot the archer "giving me a target" OOA.

Youngblood of NE group showed to Viktorka in a window, inviting her out. SE group sent forward a swordsman and an archer. Swordsman stayed forward and archer shot at Kristla, and missed. Crossbowman tried to shoot a shade and missed. SW group moved closer through the building, unhiding one of my dogs, which was hidden behind prolonged N wall

Viktorka and Corsair charged the swordsman, while Kristla charged the archer. Both my dogs charged the stupid champion standing before captain. Unfortunately, I underestimated Adélka's charge range and instead of sending her to join the fray I just moved her close to the building and out of the sight of captain and swordsman, so she could give the dogs some moral support. Barunka jumped down and failed to cast Word of Pain at the swordsman. My dogs managed to put the stupid champion OOA, and WEs with corsair put the swordsman and archer OOA as well.

Captain and his swordsman charged my two dogs. NE group assembled in the building to NE from the tower, with swordsman and youngblood happily smiling at my WEs from window and door, respectively. Crossbowman again missed my shade. Blunderbussier walked out of SE group and shot at WEs and corsair, which completely stunned Kristla. One of three remaining archers at NW shot Adélka OOA. Halfcook hit Barunka critically, knocking her down. One of my dogs went OOA, the other was stunned.

Viktorka and corsair charged the swordsman and youngblood in the building. Dog rolled nose up, Barunka stood up and moved a bit, trying to get out of halfcook's LOS. Then she again failed to cast the Word of Pain and shade again did not hit the crossbowman. The other shade, pan Proschek and Vilém collectively failed to injure the blunderbussier. Youngblood and swrodsman were stunned, while dog went OOA.

Viktorka and corsair were charged by the rest of NE group. Captain and swordsman on W went forward to have a clear view of Barunka. Halfcook again knocked Barunka down. This time, the crossbowman did hit my shade and sent him OOA. Viktorka and corsair were stunned.

Then I voluntarily routed.

One of my dogs died, the rest recovered without problems. I had two shards from the tower and found another two (I could have three but I did the mistake of using Wyrdstone Hunter skill in wrong time...). I sold three of them for 60 and kept one. I had a big success afterwards: I finally managed to buy RXB. And I bought a new dog.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

10) Wyrdstone hunt against Dwarves

Druchii:
Lordling Vilém: Sword, buckler, RXB, toughened leathers, W2, Ld9, T4
2 Shades: Sword, RXB, A2, Ld9, S4
1 Corsair: Sword & Dagger
2 Dogs - Sultán & Tyrl II.: teeth
Rating 200
Adélka participated this time, with both her dogs. However, Jan stayed home recovering from a hit recieved from unfriendly flagellant.

Dwarves: Trollslayer in command, the other trollslayer, just recruited engineer (with two daggers), stupid talented lad, three clan warriors, two crossbowdwarves, halfcook and hired trollslayer. (They were heavily decimated in their previous battle with Reikland)

In the middle of table, the "big gate" from Blood on Streets was positioned, with its sides to deployment zones. With me starting at south, its walls were missing to the east. There was a couple of trees by its NW corner and very small ruin (i.e. about 1x2x2") N from it. On its NE side, there was a clearing, then to the south (along the gate) another very small ruin, another clearing, and a house by SE corner of the gate. To NE from this building, there was a tree and another house.

Dwarves started in the middle of their deployment zone, in a close group, all hiding behind the hired troll slayer.

I put Adélka, dogs and corsair on the left flank, to collect the two shards W from the gate (one was about 4" from deployment zone, the other among the trees), Barunka, a shade and pan Proschek to the centre, and Vilém, both WEs and the other shade on the right flank. I wanted to get Barunka to the first floor of the gate and get her safely to the Deathspasm range, and strike the dwarves (at the same time if possible), with my WEs and shades. Adélka with dogs had to go for the shards, and then, depending on situation, attack from the back.

Dwarves moved forward and collected a shard.

Adélka did the same, dogs followed her, corsair went by the wall of the gate. Barunka came to the side door of the gate, which allowed her view of the fourth shard, which was positioned by NE corner of the gate. Shade and pan Proschek went side by side through the street east of the gate. Vilém ran forward along the other side of the aforementioned house. WEs and the other shade ran to the tree. Pan Proschek and his shade tried to shoot at the hired slayer, but did not hit.

Dwarves moved forward and collected the fourth shard. Halfcook moved to the very small ruin (VSR) N from the gate.

Dogs hided among the trees, Adélka followed them. I considered possibility of sending dogs next turn to fetch the halfcook. Corsair hided in the gate. Barunka went inside the gate building and hided behind a ruined wall. Shade hided in door in E wall and pan Proschek hided in door of the house across the street. Vilém hided at the NE corner of the house. Shade and Viktorka hided behind the tree, Kristla hided behind corner of the house N from the tree. Shade behind the tree and Vilém tried to shoot the hired slayer with no effect.

Halfcook climbed at the VSR and hided there. Hired slayer went closer to the tree and the rest of dwarves followed him. Except of an crossbowdwarf, who shot at Vilém, and missed.

At this point my plans were ruined, because Kristla was in charge range. So she and Vilém charged the hired trollslayer. (This also unhided the halfcook.) I decided to risk the stupidity and let the dogs charge dwarves through the gate. I aimed them at the engineer. One made it, the other was stopped by the advanced hero. Adélka ran for the shard, turned, and continued after the dogs. This was a mistake, because she stopped before crossbowdwarf without any cover. Corsair did not attack, because I thought that he is out of range. He was not, so he only went a bit forward to cover Barunka. Viktorka and shade left the tree and went forward behind the VSR to E from the gate. Shade could not shoot because all dwarves were behind the combat. Pan Proschek and the other shade shooted at the halfcook, but missed. Barunka managed (!) to cast Word of Pain on the advanced hero fighting one of my dogs. In combat, my dogs did not achieve anything, but the one fighting engineer was stunned. By concerted effort of Vilém and Kristla, the hired trollslayer was stunned.

The stunned trollslayer rolled over and dwarves countercharged. Two went after corsair, one after my fighting dog, one after Vilém (there was not space for more) and two after Kristla. Crossbowdwarf shot Adélka OOA. Both dogs and corsair went OOA. Only Vilém and Kristla managed to stand their ground, but they did not hit as well.

Then I routed. One dog and one corsair died. Adélka hates dwarves (quite good result, considering that I rolled 5 on multiple injuries...). Pan Proschek now has T4. I found three shards and 7 gc. I decided to give up on corsairs and purchased a dog and a shade. Hopefully, this one will learn BS...

This time I lost because
1) I was fighting dwarves
2) I again screwed the movement phase. If I kept Kristla under the tree and sent a shade forward instead. I would hit a turn later, with at least 6 models, and would actually have a chance to get someone OOA. I might still loose, but I might be able to keep Adélka with her two shards, two XP points and possibility to make a poison....
I decided to give up corsairs and got a shade instead. And a new dog.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

11) Wyrdstone hunt against Sisters of Sigmar
============================================

Druchii:
Noble pan Proschek, DS sword, RXB, helmet, SDC, toughened leathers, shield, Fey Quickness, Wyrdstone Hunter, T4
Beastmistress Adélka: Sword, Beastlash, toughened leathers, Master of Poisons, T4, Old battle wound, Scars, Step Aside, Hates Dwarven Warband
1 Shade: Sword, RXB
Rating 207
Adélka again stayed home because of her rheumatic problems, with both her dogs.

Nuns: 13 nuns armed with hammers and whips led by frenzied Augur.

We had only several buildings this time, generally around the table edge. Middle, where most of the action happened, contained some random bushes, walls etc., which did not have much of an effect.

Nuns went forward in two groups. One, stronger, headed to the shard in the centre, while the weaker tried to climb to a building containing another shard. Augur climbed.

Shade No. 3 climbed to second floor of "the pub" for a shard and a good firing position. Vilém went forward to get in range by the pub, pan Proschek also went forward. The ruin on right side ended with two low walls more or less completing the missing walls of the building, surrounding an open space with a well in the middle. Shades ran behind the wall, WEs behind them. Barunka with Jan ran forward to get close to the shard in the middle. Pan Proschek and Vilém tried to shoot, but with no results (well, someone might be knocked down or stunned, but it had no effect later).

Augur gained the shard and jumped down. All other nuns went forward. IIRC this got them to the middle, where they got the other shard. Next they unleashed a mighty volley, which had no effect.

Pan Proschek and Vilém went forward again. Shade No.3 went to the window. Barunka and Jan hided behind the wall. Shades and WE behind the well stood. In shooting phase, shades sent one nun OOA and Barunka failed to cast Word of Pain.

Nuns were still out of charge range, so they went forward again. Their shooting knocked Barunka down.

Barunka stood up and went a bit back. Pan Proschek and Vilém went forward. Again shooting, one or two nuns knocked down or stunned, another failure casting spell.

Nuns consolidated into one group, went forward, shot again, no results.

Witch elves, Jan and pan Proschek charged. Shades shot another nun OOA. Pan Proschek and Viktorka took their nun OOA (actually, Viktorka did it), Kristla stunned her nun, and Jan knocked his nun down. Barunka failed Deathspasm.

Nuns charged. As a result, Viktorka went OOA, and Kristla and pan Proschek were stunned. Jan evaded the nun who charged him, missed the attack he got on her (Stesso Tempo), but stabbed the other nun critically, which got him out of combat and her out of action.

Vilém, Jan, Barunka and shades charged. Jan went after a knocked down nun and missed her. Barunka and one shade attacked the nun whipping pan Proschek, and sent her OOA. The other shade attacked the nun whipping Kristla and did not hit her. Vilém also did not hit.

Nuns passed the route test and charged. Jan, Kristla and pan Proschek were taken OOA (so much for 3+ AS). Vilém lost one wound, Barunka with her shade were not attacked, but the other shade was stunned by the frenzied Augur.

I passed the route test on Vilém's Ld 9, but decided to rout anyway. While I had a chance to take the Augur OOA and make nuns to test on Ld 7 next turn, I could also fail it and be wiped out. This way, I at least kept two exploration dice.

So this time, I lost because of the old battle wound. I believe that with Adélka and her dogs on my side, I would win. Instead, one WE died, but I was able to replace her by spending all my money and selling my two bucklers. Pan Proschek is now hardened by the heavy whipping.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

12) Defend the find against Skaven

Druchii:
Noble pan Proschek, DS sword, RXB, helmet, SDC, toughened leathers, shield, Fey Quickness, Wyrdstone Hunter, T4, Hardened
Lordling Jan: Halberd, toughened leathers , Ld9, Hardened, Stesso Tempo, I5
Beastmistress Adélka: Sword, Beastlash, toughened leathers, Master of Poisons, T4, Old battle wound, Scars, Step Aside, Hates Dwarven Warband
1 Shade: Sword, RXB, A2
Rating 218

Skaven: 14 rats (they suffered some heavy losses against Reikland and dwarves), led by fear-causing assassin adept with weeping blades and sword on tail, including halberdier and bowmouse.

Again, not much terrain. The building to defend was the two-floor house of basic box with part of roof, with the bridge not attached. It had some low walls on its destroyed side and two trees on the other (front) side.

I positioned most of my warband into the building, only WEs, Adélka and one dog were outside, by the open side. Pan Proschek and shade No. 3 stayed on the first floor.

Skaven deployed in two groups. The support group, led by sorcerer and black skaven, contained various slingers, started in my front right corner, hidden behind a big tower. The combat group, containing the rest of heroes and some rat shields, started in my front left corner, hidden behind a low ruin.

Both groups moved forward to hide in closer ruins.

I moved Barunka to left window of my ruin and unhided mice of the combat group. Kristla ran to my left flank behind a low wall, where rats could see her and my opponent could consider what will happen if the rats get into her charge range. I shifted positions inside the building, sending Adélka and dogs behind another wall to the right with one shade, while the other guarded the door. Viktorka moved to the right back corner of my ruin. Then I tried some shooting at the combat group, but with no result.

Rodents of combat group retreated, support group went forward. Two rats of the combat group ran behind a tree in front of my house.

Vilém climbed to the first floor, Adélka sent one of the dogs a bit forward to hide behind a tree, her shade moved to firing position. Shooting again achieved nothing. Just for the sport, Barunka tried Word of Pain on one of rats behind the tree, and this time she succeeded.

Combat group, with the exception of two mice staying behind the ruin, move to position to run forward to house. Support group moved forward, unhiding my dog. Sorcerer casted rats on him and stunned him. Shooting at my shade did not hit.

My dog recovered to knocked down and backed two inches. Otherwise I almost did not move. My ruin fell down twice, when I moved three metal models in the first floor to the front. They proved to be able to learn, though, as for the second time, they managed to hold on the wall by their bases. I believe I put one mouse OOA by shooting now, but I am not sure. I lost the count later ;-)

Support group ran to right side of my building. Part of the combat group went to my door, while the other part went their original route again and stopped behind a low wall left from my ruin. Sorcerer failed to cast the rats now. Longbowrat, staying in front of my ruin, tried to shoot pan Proschek, but missed.

The dog recovered. Viktorka, Adélka, shade and dog charged the support group, while the other shade charged the rat with halberd, staying in front of the door. Vilém climbed down to guard the door, tried to shoot at unengaged mouse, and missed. Barunka ran to second line, close to the combat. Then she tried deathspasm, and failed. Shade and dog took their rats OOA, Adélka stunned her rat, and Viktorka, attacking a black skaven, failed to wound and was taken OOA. The doorshade did not hit the halberdier and was stunned.

The stunned rat turned over. Black skaven tried to charge Adélka, but was intercepted by a dog. Adélka was therefore charged by the sorcerer. Surviving shade was charged by a vermin, unaffected by the failed spell of previous turn. Combat group leaved their wall, and went before the front of my house, where I could not see them. The sorcerer tried a fear-causing spell, but Adélka was too brave. In combat, my stunned shade went OOA, and so did the rat attacking the other shade. Adélka took out the sorcerer.

Barunka charged the knocked down rat, shade charged the black skaven, dog charged... some rat... Shade No. 3 shot the halberdier OOA, Vilém missed again. Barunka tried Word of Pain on some rat and failed. The she took the knocked down rat OOA. The shade and the black skaven exchanged some misses.

With 8 rats out of action, Skaven routed. I got three shard from the building and found another three. Barunka learned Sorcery, Adélka got +1WS, and so did Witch elves. Both Viktorka and my shade recovered. I bought RXB for Jan and two helmets and Adélka made two doses of Dark Venom.

That's it. The campaign ends here. The most useful members of my warband were my dogs. Heroes almost never achieved anything. WEs are quite good (well, they got A2 as their first advance). I did not have luck with corsairs. Shades are OK. Master of Poisons seems to not be the appropriate skill for beastmaster, because BM is the weakest of heroes (OK, sorceress is weaker, but she does not go into combat that often) and has to follow the dogs, giving her the highest chance of getting OOA.

Now it is late and I don't have any other ideas what to write.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

To my surprise, our campaign continues. But, as lazy as I am, my reports will now be much shorter than before.

13) Defend the find against Witch Hunters

Druchii:
Noble pan Proschek, DS sword, RXB, helmet, SDC, toughened leathers, shield, Fey Quickness, Wyrdstone Hunter, T4, Hardened
Lordling Vilém: Poisoned sword, RXB, toughened leathers, helmet, W2, Ld9, T4
Lordling Jan: Halberd, RXB, toughened leathers, helmet, Ld9, Hardened, Stesso Tempo, I5, Step Aside
Sorceress Barunka: Sword, Word of Pain, Deathspasm, I7, Sorcery
Beastmistress Adélka: Poisoned sword, Beastlash, toughened leathers, Master of Poisons, T4, WS5, Old battle wound, Scars, Step Aside, Hates Dwarven Warband
2 Witch Elves - Viktorka and Kristla: Sword & Dagger, A2, I6, WS5
1 Shade: Sword, RXB, A2
Rating 231

Witch Hunters: 14 of them, thanks to halfling cook and cookbook.

I deployed Adélka, dogs and WEs outside of building, rest inside. My plan was to send the outside group on a suicidal attack with heroes and shades giving fire support, and wait who will route first.

With Hunters deployed in two groups. One (hammer) contained one witch hunter, one zealot, one dog and three flagellants, the other contained the rest.

In my first turns, I decided that my shade No. 3 should change position and climb one floor down. He fell down and died...

I sent Adélka, dogs, and my remaining shades against the bigger group, with WE going as a second wave. While they were approaching the bigger group, the dog of the "hammer" group dragged out one of WEs. She put him OOA, then she had to charge flagellant, but was only able to stun him, and then she was taken OOA by the rest of the group.

Shades managed to shoot a flagellant. Then I charged their canine and human shields, hoping to force a route test. Adélka charged zealot, while one shade and one dog charged dogs. No=one went OOA, and then I was told that Witch Hunters have a holy reliq anyway... Both of us sent second waves to the melée.

When both of us had 5 models OOA, I voluntarily routed, because Adélka was lying down and it was probably my last chance to stop with 5 heroes in game.

During the game, my heroes guarding the find did almost nothing. Their shooting was completely ineffective. Barunka managed to cast Word of Pain on one flagellant of the "hammer" group. Thanks to that, the lonely WE was only attacked by witch hunter, zealot and one flagellant...

After battle, I had 7 shards, which, with my savings, allowed me to buy a corsair, sword and RXB. And to hire dark elf assassin. I had also found prisoners, who happily agreed to be sacrificed for a greater good.

Thanks to them, I got two more advances. pan Proschek learned to step aside, Vilém and Jan are Combat Masters, and Adélka now has WS 6.
Adélka also made another two doses of Dark Venom.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

14) Hidden treasure against Reikland

Druchii:
Noble pan Proschek, DS sword, RXB, helmet, SDC, toughened leathers, shield, Hardened, T4, Fey Quickness, Wyrdstone Hunter, Step Aside
Lordling Vilém: Poisoned sword, RXB, toughened leathers, helmet, W2, Ld9, T4, Combat Master
Lordling Jan: Halberd, RXB, toughened leathers, helmet, Hardened, I5, Ld9, Stesso Tempo, Step Aside, Combat Master
Sorceress Barunka: Sword, RXB, I7, Word of Pain, Deathspasm, Sorcery
Beastmistress Adélka: Poisoned sword, Beastlash, toughened leathers, Old battle wound, Scars, Hates Dwarven Warband, T4, WS6, Master of Poisons, Step Aside
2 Witch Elves - Viktorka and Kristla: Sword & Dagger, A2, I6, WS5
1 Corsair: Sword
Dark Elf Assassin
Rating 265

Adélka stayed home with both dogs licking her old wound.

Opposition: Reikland. Captain, 2 champions, 1 youngblood, heroic swordsman, heroic marksman, 4 other swordsmen, 6 other marksmen, 1 warrior, halfcook, elf ranger, ogre with 5 wounds. Rating about 370.

In the second turn, ogre found the treasure. I was slowly approaching them, shooting. They were also shooting.

He had some bad luck rolling, so our shooting competition was more or less equal. One of my WEs was put OOA by a blunderbuss, the other one by a swordsman. I managed to knock the ogre down. I also scored some other hits, but no one went OOA.

I was surprised by assassin's persistence. I had to go out of cover (because of a lack of terrain), so I sent him forward as a decoy. It took Reikland two turns of shooting to stun him. But he was not as good shield as ogre ;-)

Pan Proschek was also hit, and it was always some AS ignoring critical - his AS 3+ never helped him...

When ogre charged my corsair (put forward as a sacrifice to help the rest of elves survive) and sent him OOA, I routed.

Corsair and one WE died.

Vilém learned Infiltrate, Jan got +1WS, Barunka learned Dodge.
My remaining WE advanced, but I did not roll talent again, so her talent is wasted. She got +1S instead. Shades got +1BS and assassin got +1A.

I got 60 gc, which, after paying for assassin, allowed me to buy a new shade, which will get RXB from Barunka.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

15) Defend the Find against Sisters of Sigmar

Druchii:
Noble pan Proschek, DS sword, RXB, helmet, SDC, toughened leathers, shield, Hardened, T4, Fey Quickness, Wyrdstone Hunter, Step Aside
Lordling Vilém: Sword, RXB, toughened leathers, helmet, W2, Ld9, T4, Combat Master, Infiltrate
Lordling Jan: Halberd, RXB, toughened leathers, helmet, Hardened, I5, Ld9, WS5, Stesso Tempo, Step Aside, Combat Master
Sorceress Barunka: Sword, I7, Word of Pain, Deathspasm, Sorcery, Dodge
Beastmistress Adélka: Sword, Beastlash, toughened leathers, Old battle wound, Scars, Hates Dwarven Warband, T4, WS6, Master of Poisons, Step Aside
Witch Elf - Viktorka: Sword & Dagger, A2, I6, WS5, S4
2 Shades: Sword, RXB, A2, Ld9, S4, BS5
1 Shade: RXB
Dark Elf Assassin: A2
Rating 276

I deployed mostly in the building. Pan Proschek in the first floor, shade No. 3 in the second, lordling, shades and Barunka in the ground floor. Adélka with dogs and Viktorka was out of the building, where it missed a corner. Assassin was on the other side of the building.

Nuns deployed in two groups from the side of the missing corner. They advanced and started shooting, killing one of my dogs in a process.

What followed was basically shooting contest. I sent Viktorka a bit back, so she could not be dragged out. I could not send Adélka and dog back, because the dog was stunned, so instead I moved Adélka forward, where she could not be seen and used her for marchblocking.

Assassin was used in a similar way against the other nun group. He shot at them, they shot at him, stunning him. He recovered and crawled out of their sight. They came closer, shot and missed. He recovered, retreated a bit, shot, and stunned a nun.

At this time, two nuns were OOA and the group near Adélka got into charge range of Viktorka. The group near assassin had two nuns staying, others knocked down or stunned.

Adélka, dog and Viktorka charged one group, with Barunka moving behind them. Shades and Assassin charged the two staying nuns.

Viktorka stunned her oponent, Adélka took hers out, dog did nothing. Assassin took his opponent out, shades managed to stun their.

Viktorka was charged by the frenzied augur, but managed to stun her.

Barunka took augur out, Viktorka took the other nun.

With seven nuns OOA, they routed.

Pan Proschek got +1W, Barunka got +1WS, Assassin learned Infiltrate. Adélka was not lucky this time making poisons.

I got six shards and straggler, sold the shards for 90 and bought two swords and one WE.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

16) Random Encounter with dwarves

Druchii:
Noble pan Proschek, DS sword, RXB, helmet, SDC, toughened leathers, shield, Hardened, T4, W2, Fey Quickness, Wyrdstone Hunter, Step Aside
Lordling Vilém: Sword, RXB, toughened leathers, helmet, W2, Ld9, T4, Combat Master, Infiltrate
Lordling Jan: Halberd, RXB, toughened leathers, helmet, Hardened, I5, Ld9, WS5, Stesso Tempo, Step Aside, Combat Master
Sorceress Barunka: Sword, I7, WS4, Word of Pain, Deathspasm, Sorcery, Dodge
Beastmistress Adélka: Sword, Beastlash, toughened leathers, Old battle wound, Scars, Hates Dwarven Warband, T4, WS6, Master of Poisons, Step Aside
Witch Elf Viktorka: Sword & Dagger, A2, I6, WS5, S4
Witch Elf Kristla III.: Sword
Shade Kaspar: Sword, RXB
Dog Sultán: teeth
Dark Elf Assassin: A2, Infiltrate
Rating 286

Opposition: 14 dwarves, halfcook, slayer, slayer pirate, Tilean Marksman. Rating about 390.

I deployed in a defendable building near the center, planning to let the little ones come closer, and then charge with everything. Vilém and Assassin infiltrated, so they could attack their fire support. I expected that they will manage a human and a halfling.

Dwarves deployed in one big group hiding behind a fat hired slayer.

Of course, dwarves did not leave their fire support alone, but at least they were unable to focus on my main group. Basically, they were trying to do something with my infiltrators, while shooting at anyone who showed. So it was shooting contest again. Dwarves did not approach my main group, and I was unwilling to charge with my infiltrators, because the counter charge would kill them.

When I thought that it is relatively safe (i.e. at most two dwarves could fire back), someone from main group tried to shoot a dwarf. Most of the action was left on my infiltrators, who were hiding behind a house, trying to get a lucky shot.

But I was not expecting, that 2 BS5 S4 and 2 BS4 S3 shots are not enough for a Tilean Marksman (I only knocked him down) or halfling (stunned - OK, this one had two wounds). I did not manage to wound a single dwarf.

Dwarven shooting, however, sent pan Proschek (T4, W2, AS 3+, Fey Quickness), Vilém (T4, W2) and Jan OOA. Then I routed.

I think that this time dwarves won by their high toughness. OK, given the rating difference, I could not win anyway, but not getting a single dwarf of a group staying in the open while my elves never left cover really disappointed me. OK, I had a bit of bad luck, never rolling more than 4 to wound...

So to results. Pan Proschek died. Vilém died. Jan recovered and took command. In a sudden strike of luck, Kristla and Kaspar both advanced to heroes (ever rolled 10 on 2d6 4 times in a row?).

Jan got +1BS, Barunka got Fey Quickness, Adélka got Combat Master, Kristla got +1S, Kaspar got +1A and Expert Swordsman. Assassin got +1W.

I found two shards which allowed me to pay for Assassin and buy a darksteel sword for Adélka. Adélka made two doses of poison.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

17) Random Encounter with Marienburgers

Druchii:
Lordling Jan: Halberd, RXB, toughened leathers, helmet, Hardened, I5, Ld9, WS5, BS5, Stesso Tempo, Step Aside, Combat Master
Sorceress Barunka: Sword, I7, WS4, Word of Pain, Deathspasm, Sorcery, Dodge, Fey Quickness
Beastmistress Adélka: Poisoned darksteel sword, Beastlash, toughened leathers, Old battle wound, Scars, Hates Dwarven Warband, T4, WS6, Master of Poisons, Step Aside, Combat Master
Heroic Witch Elf Kristla III.: Sword, S4
Heroic Shade Kaspar: Sword, RXB, A2, Expert Swordsman
Dark Elf Assassin: A2, W2, Infiltrate
Rating 229

Opposition: 16 Marienburgers, halfcook, elf ranger, ogre. Rating higher then mine by about 110.

Marienburgers deployed halfcook, elf and two archers in a tower near the centre, two archers behind a big ruin on one side of table and main group (heroes, swordsmen, ogre) somewhat between those two.

I deployed hidden from the tower, against the main group. Assassin infiltrated as close as possible to the tower.

I moved to the two archers, and Marienburger main group moved to cover them. Now I started to retreat, as I wanted to avoid contact with such a big group. Only one shade stayed back to shoot at the two archers, who were also coming closer.

To the end of the game, the shade with the two archers exchanged arrows with no result.

Meanwhile, the assassin entered the tower, climbed up the ladder and massacred marienburger fire support. All four of them. He lost one wound.

At that time, the ogre got to the charge range of Kristla. So she, Jan and Kaspar charged the ogre (I believed that those three will be enough), Sultán charged a swordsman, Adélka, Viktorka and Barunka came behind them for moral support and possibly second wave attack. Unfortunately, I misjudged distances and they got to Marienburger charge range. Barunka failed to cast Word of Pain on one of swordsmen. As a result of charge, the ogre was knocked down (a lucky result - critical wound by halberd), Kristla stunned and dog OOA.

After Marienburger countercharge, all that was left of Druchii on the table was assassin in tower, Viktorka and one shade knocked down and one shade standing. I routed.

Kristla died and Jan will miss next battle. Kaspar got scars. I had no-one to search the ruins, so I sold Jan's RXB so I could pay the assassin. Jan got +1WS, Adélka got Fey Quickness, Kaspar got +1A and Strike to Injure.

That's it. I have no money, and for the final battle, I wil have 6 - 8 models (depends on Adélka and her wound) against rodents of unusual size.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

XVIII) Random Encounter with Skaven

Druchii:
Lordling Jan: Halberd, toughened leathers, Hardened, I5, Ld9, WS6, BS5, Stesso Tempo, Step Aside, Combat Master
Sorceress Barunka: Sword, I7, WS4, Word of Pain, Deathspasm, Sorcery, Dodge, Fey Quickness
Beastmistress Adélka: Darksteel sword, Beastlash, toughened leathers, Old battle wound, Scars, Hates Dwarven Warband, T4, WS6, Master of Poisons, Step Aside, Combat Master, Fey Quickness
Heroic Shade Kaspar: Sword, RXB, helmet, A3, Expert Swordsman, Strike to Injure
Dark Elf Assassin: A2, W2, Infiltrate
Rating 240

Jan stayed home to cure his arm. Adélka and her dog stayed with him, and together they enjoyed a nice dinner with quality wine, candlelight, drooling dog etc.

As a result, I had 6 models...

Opposition: 15 mice. Rating about 360.

I decided to let the rodents come close, while shooting at them, and then route. First part of my plan worked. Some mice charged my forward positioned shade and sent him OOA. Other group of mice came to charge range of Viktorka.

Then I charged with everyone except Barunka (that is 4 models...). Barunka finally managed to send a rat OOA with Deathspasm (the first time she succeeded to cast it). Kaspar and Viktorka sent each a rat OOA as well. Assassin only stunned hist rat, but he shot other a turn before, so, with 4 models OOA, rats routed.

So that was some lucky rolling on my side and some bad on Skaven side. I got 74 gc for searching the ruins. Barunka and Kaspar got +1WS and +1Ld, Assassin got +1A.

Campaign ends again. Final composition look like this:

Lordling Jan: Halberd, toughened leathers, helmet, Hardened, I5, Ld9, WS6, BS5, Stesso Tempo, Step Aside, Combat Master
Sorceress Barunka: Sword, I7, WS5, Ld9, Word of Pain, Deathspasm, Sorcery, Dodge, Fey Quickness
Beastmistress Adélka: Darksteel sword, Beastlash, toughened leathers, Old battle wound, Scars, Hates Dwarven Warband, T4, WS6, Master of Poisons, Step Aside, Combat Master, Fey Quickness
Heroic Shade Kaspar: Sword, RXB, A3, WS4, Ld9, Expert Swordsman, Strike to Injure
Dark Elf Assassin: A3, W2, Infiltrate
Rating 252

49 gc and 1 sword in stash.

During the course of campaign, the warband lost following members:
Heroes: Noble pan Proschek, Lordling Vilém, Heroic Witch Elf Kristla
Henchelves: 2 shades, 3 corsairs, 3 witch elves
3 henchdogs