The Curse of Khaine

Discuss and participate in the development of the Mordheim Druchii warband here.

Moderators: Loflar, The Dread Knights

Cenyu
Khaindar

The Curse of Khaine

Post by Cenyu »

Heroes:

Narza Scornsong (Noble, 2 games, 24 XP, 0 Kills, 0 OOA)
Advances: +1 WS
Equipment: Sword, Free Dagger, Repeater Crossbow, Artifact Helmet (Bestows ItP)

Taldire Venomflame (Sorceress, 2 games, 13 XP, 0 Kills, 1 OOA)
Spells: Word of Pain
Equipment: Sword, Free Dagger

Yashir Clawfist (Beastmaster, 2 games, 9 XP, 0 Kills, 1 OOA)
Equipment: Beastlash, Sword
Injuries: Hand Injury

Chayal Shadowfrost (Lordling, 2 games, 14 XP, 0 Kills, 0 OOA)
Advances: +1 BS
Equipment: Sword, Free Dagger, Crossbow Pistol

Vanyr the Scourge (Lordling, 2 games, 14 XP, 0 Kills, 0 OOA)
Advances: Strike to Injure
Equipment: Halberd

Henchmen:

Soria Scornsong (Shade, 2 games, 1 XP, 0 Kills, 1 OOA)
Equipment: Repeater Crossbow, Axe, Free Dagger

Sawfang (Slavehound, 2 games, 1 Kill, 1 OOA)
Equipment: Claws and Teeth

Shyro (Witch Elf, 2 games, 1 XP, 1 Kills, 1 OOA)
Equipment: Sword, Axe

Angua (Witch Elf, 1 game, 1 XP, 1 Kills, 0 OOA)

Kataal (Corsair, 0 games, 0 XP, 0 Kills, 0 OOA)

First game against Seb's Dwarf Adventurers - Wyrdstone Hunt

Basically his warband was decimated by a Bloodletter materializing nearby due to a random happening result. Seb just managed to roll 1s on RH ad all his HtH rolls. On the other hand he rolled 5s and 6s whenever he wanted to test for fear or pass a rout test. My warband approached, shot a bit but eventually Seb was forced to rout before I could actually do something. Haha. Crazy.

My leader found an artifact helm during exploration. Shiny but not overly useful. :D I purchased another Witch Elf and saved a Shard.

Second game against the Dwarfs - Defend the Find

I occupied the central building as the Defender, Seb's Dwarfs were deployed as a bulk on one edge of the map. Again, this game was riddled by random happenings - Earthquakes, a giant spider, screaming walls, a man-eater tree and high winds. Due to all the penalties and spidery distraction we were barely able to hit each other but due to the Dwarf toughness and my inability to roll decent in HtH Seb put quite a large part of my warband OOA but he himself suffered from the RH spawned creatures and my Henchmen - we both had to rout, he messed up earlier than I did.

Again, a rather undeserved win. All downed warriors survived without a scratch except Clawfist who now has WS 3. I purchased a Corsair and saved a Shard.

Alternative rules used:

Artifacts - can be found in the treasury thread
Miscast Table - the same
Altered Serious Injuries - dito
Strength Shift Rule - S4 bestows no AS modifier, S5 bestows -1, S6 -2....
Alternative Parrying - Defender able to parry rolls D6 and adds his WS, so does Attacker - if defender is able to beat the score, one attack is negated
Random Happenings - Found in some Town Cryer
Dwarf Adventurers - Warband rewrite by yours truly, not yet published. ;)
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

pretty neat stuff - loving the fact that you have 2 witches; I havent had a chance to use them yet :)

Any chance of having a peek at the said Dwarf Adventurer warband Cenyu?? ;) pretty please!! :D

- Beanz
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

Of course. I am in the process of formatting the rules and making them comprehensible. Expect it in the next few days. :)

Today we had another two games.

Third game against Seb's Dwarf Adventurers - Skirmish

Well - deathmatch. This time Seb did not roll that abysmally, in fact he managed to OOA both of my Witches, Vanhyr, Taldire and my Cold One Hound either by shooting or by bloody HtH combat. I could cut down 3 out of 10 Dwarfs, though and he failed his rout test before I did. Yay I guess.

Taldire was captured and replaced instantly - she had not yet accumulated valuable skills or equipment, so why gift Seb with a ransom? Vanhyr now suffers from "Paranoia", a newly invented Madness injury (may no longer run (argh) but counts as having "Lightning Reflexes"). Angua died. Meh. Money was used to replace my Sorc.

Fourth game against the Dwarfs - Occupy

4 objective buildings in the middle of the map which didn't play a role at all - again slaughter ensued around them without either side trying to defend them. Chayal's crossbow pistol managed to snipe one of Seb's Thunderers before the bulk of warriors got into CC. Due to Seb's advance Shyro was forced to perform a frenzied charge, attacking one of his Slayers. The new Taldire advanced after her, failing to cast her new spell "Deathspasm" - what a surprise. As a random happening fog rolled in, making some charges and shooting difficult/impossible. One after another the fighters piled in with Shyro disposing of 2 stunties without dying. Huzza. Sawfang knocked a Warrior over which was finished off by Kataal while my leader failed to wound a downed Dwarf crawling before him. Seb's engineer who had assumed sniping position on higher ground managed to take out Taldire. The slower Vanhyr arrived just in time on the battlefield to be intercepted by Seb's fearsome leader (who has a 3+ armour save in CC, quite nasty) - but this battle didn't have an effect since Seb failed his rout test once more.

Taldire 2 suffered a "Madness - Frenzy" injury. Now I have 3 crazed chicks in my warband after Angua 2 has been bought. Heh. The advancs I rolled were quite lame - I raise on Shyro, Ld raise on Soria... meh. Kataal got A2, though. I really hoped for LGT but seems like it will take another week till I'm able to make another try.

The Curse of Khaine 4/0

Heroes:

Narza Scornsong (Noble, 4 games, 29 XP, 1 Kill, 0 OOA)
Advances: +1 WS, +1 BS
Equipment: Sword, Axe, Repeater Crossbow, Artifact Helmet (Bestows ItP)

Taldire Venomflame II (Sorceress, 1 game, 12 XP, 0 Kills, 1 OOA)
Spells: Death Spasm
Injuries: Madness - Frenzy

Yashir Clawfist (Beastmaster, 4 games, 10 XP, 0 Kills, 2 OOA)
Equipment: Beastlash, Sword
Injuries: Hand Injury

Chayal Shadowfrost (Lordling, 4 games, 17 XP, 1 Kill, 0 OOA)
Advances: +1 BS, "Master of Poisons"
Equipment: Sword, Free Dagger, Crossbow Pistol

Vanyr the Scourge (Lordling, 4 games, 15 XP, 0 Kills, 1 OOA)
Advances: Strike to Injure
Equipment: Halberd, Helmet
Injuries: Madness - Paranoia

Henchmen:

Soria Scornsong (Shade, 4 games, 3 XP, 1 Kill, 1 OOA)
Equipment: Repeater Crossbow, Axe, Sword
Advances: +1 Ld

Sawfang (Slavehound, 4 games, 1 Kill, 2 OOA)
Equipment: Claws and Teeth

Shyro (Witch Elf, 4 games, 2 XP, 3 Kills, 2 OOA)
Advances: +1 I

Angua 2 (Witch Elf, 0 games, 0 XP, 0 Kills, 0 OOA)

Kataal (Corsair, 2 games, 2 XP, 2 Kills, 0 OOA)
Advances: +1 A
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

Angua 2 (Witch Elf, 0 games, 0 XP, 0 Kills, 0 OOA)

I see that you are employing a werewolf ;-)
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

Got me on this one. I ran out of names. :-D