Beta 2 campaign report

Discuss and participate in the development of the Mordheim Druchii warband here.

Moderators: Loflar, The Dread Knights

Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Beta 2 campaign report

Post by Loflar »

So, we have started a new campaign and I decided to try the new Druchii.

1. Streetfight against Nuln Academy
==============================

Noble Etlelooaat, sword, RXB
Sorceress Pauwau, RXB, Soul Stealer
Lordling Matchitehew, axe, RXB
Lordling Matchitisiw, axe, RXB
Beastmistress Nittawosew, beastlash, RXB
Shade Mekledoodum, bow
Dogs Segenam, Achak, Kitchi

Rating 97

Nuln came with 10 Nulnians, halfcook and goblin lantern bearer. Humans carried two blunderbasses and a grenade launcher.

Nuln won the first move, so it was the first to take positions in turn 2. Situation was bad, because my elves were approaching a corner of the street. Behind the corner, where elves could not see, most of Nuln was approaching, but the place around the corner was controlled by Nuln long range support from a building across the street, but so far that it was unreachable.

All my models hided, with exception of Nittawosew, who sprinted forward into a hidden corner to unhide with her radar.

Nuln sent its single Son of a gun forward, and he unhided Kitchi, which was standing just beside Nittawosew. A shot from grenade launcher hit Kitchi and stunned him. There were other models in the explosive radius: Nittawosew (knocked down) and Mekledoodum (stunned).

I finally decided that my two operational dogs must charge, although I will probably loose them. Because if they wouldn't, goblin would unhide my heroes in next turn, and I would receive a shot from a blunderbuss. At least. Achak charged the son of a gun and was sliced. Segenam charged the goblin, I rolled 6 to hit, so goblin was knocked down.

In Nuln turn, Segenam was charged by three heroes, and the goblin passed the Ld test (by rolling 2) and stood up. Son of a gun went forward and unhided my lordling behind a tree, but Nuln captain missed.

I charged the son with Pauwau, my most expendable hero (because of the spell; and with such a spell, she needs to get into CC anyway) and she managed to knock him down with her dagger. Nittawosew tried to charge a blunderbussier behind the corner, but as a typical elf, she failed the initiative test.
Mekledoodum shot an underclassman and knocked him down, and Matchitehew did not manage to wound a marksman opposite the street.

Nuln shot back, and Mekledoodum and Matchitehew went out of action. Then I gave it up.

Matchitehew is now at -1WS and Segenam died. Then I rolled four dice for exploration: 1124. For this campaign, we have our own table of multiples, but 11 still means to nominate a hero for a chance to get money. So I nominated Pauwau, she failed the initiative test and will miss the next battle.

I have built a village (campaign rule, village gives d6 + 2 gc after each battle) and gained 6 gc.

For the money, I bought a new dog Mukki, helmet for Etlelooaat and two axes for Nittawosew and Mekledoodum.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

2. Breakthrough against Black Orcs
==================================

Noble Etlelooaat, sword, RXB, helmet
Sorceress Pauwau, Soul Stealer
Lordling Matchitehew, axe, RXB
Beastmistress Nittawosew, axe, beastlash, RXB
Shade Mekledoodum, axe, RXB
Dogs Achak, Kitchi, Mukki

Rating 103

There were 12 Black Orcs with daggers and bows, one blunderbuss and a warlock.

Pauwau did not participate, because of her climbing accident last week.

I was attacker. I split into two groups, one containing Nitawosew, Mekledoodum and two dogs on right flank, the other containing lordlings, Etlelooat and a dog more to the centre.

Orcs deployed in three groups, Chief with shootaz in the centre, and then two wings containing each a black orc, young one and two boyz.

I moved into firing positions and fired RXBs. I hoped that I will to get some orc by shooting, that animosity will disorganize them and I will find a hole in their line for my two dogs. However, all my shooting did not wound.

Orcs, mostly unaffected by animosity, slowly moved forward. The shooting group shot from bows at my dog, but missed. Then the blunderbussier came forward, shot at Etlelooat and Matchitisiw, and sent them both OOA.

I retreated. Very short game.

Etlelooat is now nervous (-1I), Matchitisiw survived unharmed. Nittawosew got Ld9, Mekledoodum got A2. For exploration, I rolled 14, i.e. 1 treasure, i.e. 35 gc. I have built another village and got 8 gc from my two villages.

I bought a corsair, two axes and rope for my nervous leader.
Last edited by Loflar on Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

3. Skirmish against Protectorate of Sigmar

Noble Etlelooaat, sword, RXB, helmet, rope, I5
Sorceress Pauwau, axe, RXB, Soul Stealer
Lordling Matchitehew, axe, RXB, WS3
Beastmistress Nittawosew, axe, beastlash, RXB, Ld9
Shade Mekledoodum, axe, bow, A2
Corsair Ahanu, axe

Rating 113

Protectorate of Sigmar is a warband from Letters of Damned. They came with commanding priest, two acolytes, hunter, 5 archers, 2 crusaders, 3 cats (i.e. warhounds) and a halfcook. Hunter and all archers had a longbow and BS5.

There was a building in the centre of the table (the gate with tower from that Mordheim supplement), its sides pointing to the deployment zones.

Sigmarites deployed in a tight group more or less behind this building, elves deployed spread across the table. Left flank was composed from Pauwau, Matchitisiw and Mekledoodum, rigt flank from Etlelooaat, Matchitehew and Ahanu, and Nittawosew with her dogs was in the centre.

Sigmarites moved first. Priest, cats, acolyte and some of the archers went against my left flank, acolyte and crusader entered the building and the rest went against my right flank. However, on my right flank, there was another building close to the gate and close to them, so moving there was slightly safer for me.

I wanted to let their priest & Co. take position and then evacuate my left flank and fight on right on, where the access routes were limited and fighting models could easily block their shooting. Well, no military plan has survived a contact with enemy so far...

My flanks cautiously moved forward and took covers. Only Ahanu ran forward, but stopped behind a small building to cover him from the archers. Nittawosew with Kitchi and Mukki ran forward to the gate, Achak hided slightly behind them behind a tree.

Priest with cats and acolyte moved forward, close to another small ruin. The archers behind them shot at Mukki and Nittawosew and stunned Mukki. On my right flank, hunter and archer finally made it around the other building and shot at Ahanu, but missed. Halfcook positioned himself in the narrow street between the building and the gate.

Now my left flank was in danger. In next move, cats could unhide my elves, and those BS5 longbowmen would kill them. So I changed the plan. Achak ran to the building close to the priest to marchblock (but they could not see him) and Pauwau and Mekledoodum moved into charge range (but hided) in case the cats would charge the dog. Matchitisiw shot at crusader in the gate and stunned him. Mukki recovered, Nittawosew hided and Kitchi ran to the building on my right flank to marchblock the halfcook and two longbowmen The rest of my right flank again moved forward.

The priest, surrounded with cats, moved to the building with Achak, and failed to cast Soulfire. Archers again stunned Mukki.
They also stunned Matchitisiw. On my right flank, all three marchblocked models tried to shoot at Kitchi, but missed.

Kitchi charged an archer, Ahanu ran forward to join Kitchi, Matchitehew moved forward, Etlelooaat and Nittawosew shot at the halfcook and missed. Matchitisiw recovered, and so did Mukki. Left flank stayed put. Kitchi missed and was sliced and sent OOA.

Priest & Co. moved out of Mekledoodum's charge range. Priest failed to cast Soulfire again. Halfcook shot back and Nittawosew went OOA. Hunter and archer missed Etlelooaat.

My right flank moved forward again. Achak charged a cat and killed it.

Then he was attacked by all models around and sent OOA.

Then I retreated.

This time, I was lucky after battle. No deaths, and Nittawosew recovered without problems. Pauwau got +1BS, both lordlings got +1W. For exploration I rolled 2256, so I got 60 gc. 22 means a dagger and d6 gc, in my case 1 gc. With my results, I can only build villages, so I have build a third one. From three villages, I got 16 gc, which, together with my savings, makes 81 gc. I bought a shade, a corsair and an axe.

Bug found: Dogs do not use Ld of beastmaster, which they should.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

4. Personal business against Reikland

Noble Etlelooaat, sword, RXB, helmet, rope, I5
Sorceress Pauwau, axe, RXB, Soul Stealer, BS4
Lordling Matchitehew, axe, RXB, WS3, W2
Lordling Matchitisiw, axe, RXB, W2
Beastmistress Nittawosew, axe, beastlash, Ld9
Corsair Ahanu, axe
Corsair Chogan, axe
Shade Askuwheteau, dagger, RXB

Rating 130

Opposition was composed of 15 Reiklanders with a halfcook.

Personal business is basically skirmish, but there are no route tests, and you automatically win if you take enemy leader OOA.

There was a rock in the middle of table and random trees and ruins around.

So, this time I was outnumbered and outshot again. I needed to pick enemy models one by one.

Reikland deployed in a big group in the centre of its deployment zone, I deployed spread across the table, more on the right side, where I had a building (the pub from the Mordheim box). My plan was to defend on the right side and attack on the left side.

Reikland moved forward to a building slightly on my right side, not far from the central rock.

Etlelooaat climbed to the first floor and hided behind the window, others moved forward, mostly in cover. Models in the centre and on the left flank ran forward to the rock.

Reikland sent about a half of the warband to the left side of the table to counter my moves there. A bowman climbed on the building and some models moved forward, especially a sprinter youngblood.

I slightly shifted positions, mostly staying in cover. On my left side, Achak and Matchitisiw went out of cover to prepare for a run forward, in case it were possible. Pauwau moved into a position from which she only saw the sprinter youngblood, shot at him and missed.

On my left, Reklanders moved out of cover, shot at Achak and missed. On my right, the youngblood went into cover, and halfcook and a bowman came to his place. Halfcook shot at Pauwau, wounded critically, the arrow ricocheted into Nittawosew. Pauwau went OOA, fortunately Nittawosew was not wounded.

I started to retreat on my left side, hoping that Reiklanders will follow me. On my right side, I started to move sligtly forward.

However, Reiklanders did not fall for that, and moved back to right side. Another archer made it to the top of their building. The sprinter youngblood got into full view again.

I briefly considered sending a dog on a suicidal mission for him, and then decided to wait one more turn and prepare for a bigger attack. But I shot at the youngblood, first with Etlelooaat, who missed, and then with Askuwheteau, who knocked him down.

Reiklanders massed on the right side. Their captain finally made it to the roof of their building. The two archers on the roof moved to be able to shoot at Etlelooaat, and shot at him. They needed 6 to hit. One of them hit, wounded critically, Etlelooaat went OOA and I lost.

After battle, Pauwau got smashed leg and will miss next game again. Etlelooaat died. Nittawosew became the leader.

Nittawosew got +1Ld, so she is now Ld10, and Ahanu got +1I.

I rolled 223, the 22 gave me a dagger and 4 gc. From my villages, I got 12 gc, so all together, I had 67 gc and dagger. I bought a shade with bow and a dose of black lotos.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

5. Streetfight against Amazones

Commanding Beastmistress Nittawosew, axe, beastlash, RXB, Ld10
Sorceress Pauwau, Soul Stealer, BS4, not present because of a smashed leg
Lordling Matchitehew, axe, RXB, WS3, W2
Lordling Matchitisiw, axe, RXB, W2
Corsair Ahanu, axe, I6
Corsair Chogan, axe
Shade Askuwheteau, dagger, RXB
Shade Etchemin, axe, bow

Rating 115

These are not the standard Amazones, but our own, slightly adjusted version. They took some heavy beating in previous battles, so they arrived in number of twelve, including a halfcook. They were equipped mostly with clubs and bows, and their leader had sunstaff and a spell which makes a target model "freeze" (no movement, no shooting, strikes last) for a turn.

We have built a slightly winding street, with a bigger turn in the center.

They had the first move. Scouts, which deployed a bit forward, as usual, ran forward through the houses on my right side of the street, the rest followed in a big group.

Elves simply ran forward.

Amazon scouts got to a small building beside a bigger one by the street corner.

I sent Achak forward to the corner building to marchblock the scouts. The rest moved forward. Etchemin hided behind the building containing Achak. Mukki and Nittawosew were there as well. Most of elves stopped behind a small ruin in the middle of the street.

Scout went out of her house and through the window, she threw a javelin at Achak. She missed. Rest of Amazones moved forward. There was a tree in the middle of the street, and one warrior and halfcook ran to take cover behind it.

Achak and Mukki charged the scout. Nittawosew followed them to look at what the doggies found. Chogan followed her. Kitchi hided behind a building on my letf side of the street, from where he could see the scouts. Ahanu ran and stopped behind him. Etchemin went out of cover and Mekledoodum hided there.
Etchemin and Matchitehew then fired at the halfcook and managed to stun her (since the model used is a girl). Two attacking dogs managed to stun the scout.

One of remaining scouts failed I test to charge my one of my two dogs, so they both went forward to throw javelins at Etchemin. They both missed. Close combat squad including both totem warriors went forward to be able to charge anyone who would attack the scouts.

All my dogs charged the close combat squad with main aim to pin down totem warriors. Ahanu charged a totem warrior, and he was in the building. Nittawosew charged the scout left by dogs. Chogan failed I test to charge one of the remaining scouts, and so did Mekledoodum. So only Etchemin charged one. The rest of elves shot, but without effect. The totem warrior charged by Ahanu went OOA, the other was knocked down. Nittawosew sent the scout OOA. One other model, charged by the remaining dog, was stunned.

The remaining scout charged Etchemin. Most of remaining Amazons (with exception of leader and her bodyguard) charged my dogs. Leader casted the freezing spell on Ahanu. One of my dogs went OOA, Etchemin was knocked down. Halfcook shot at Mekledoodum and knocked him down.

Matchitehew and Chogan charged the scouts, Nittawosew charged the formerly stunned Amazon. Shooting did nothing, one of the scouts went OOA and so did the lying one.

Amazones made the route test and decided to stay. They made all-out charge on my dogs, the remaining totem warrior attacked Ahanu and the rest shot at Nittawosew. The shooting stunned her and another dog went OOA.

Then elves charged, and when it all ended, there was 8 Amazones OOA, so the rest retreated. Finally a victory. But generally, this battle was a festival of bad rolls. The main difference between both sides was, that I was less unlucky then my opponent.

Kitchi died.

Nittawosew and Matchitisiw got +1W, Askuwheteau got +1A, Chogan and Mekledoodum both became talented lads, so I gave them both speed and apecial skills. Chogan got +1W, Mekledoodum learned Master of Poisons.

I rolled 655431, which is 4 treasures and the 55 gave me 7 gc. I sold 3 treasures for 60 gc and my three villages gave me 13 gc.
With my savings, I had 87 gc so I bought a new dog, throwing knives for Nittawosew. a dose of black lotos and an axe and I hired a warlock. Mekledoodum made a dose of dark venom.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

6. Skirmish against Witch Hunters

Commanding Beastmistress Nittawosew, axe, beastlash, throwing knives, Ld10, W2
Sorceress Pauwau, axe, RXB, Soul Stealer, BS4
Lordling Matchitehew, axe, RXB with black lotus, WS3, W2
Lordling Matchitisiw, axe, RXB with dark venom, W3
Heroic corsair Chogan, axe, W2
Heroic shade Mekledoodum, axe, bow, A2, Master of Poisons
Corsair Ahanu, axe, I6
Shade Askuwheteau, axe, bow, A2
Shade Etchemin, dagger, RXB
Dogs Achak, Mukki, Nijlon
Warlock Gunter Gottwald, Luck of Shemtek, Silver Arrows of Arha

Rating 143

Witch Hunters came in a number of 12, with 4 flagellants, two dogs and halfcook. Rating about 160.

The terrain was quite a dense city with a big building (aka farmhouse) in the middle.

WH won the first move and moved forward through one street. His halfcook started climbing on a building just behind the farmhouse. The street went around the right side farmhouse and in its end, it was just about three models wide.

I moved forward, mostly to hide behind the farmhouse, only Gunter, Matchitehew and Mekledoodum ran around the left side of farmhouse, trying to get to the halfcook and shoot through the farmhouse at approaching flagellants.

First wawe of WH, composed of two flagellants and a priest came to the end of the street. Their dogs came through the small building, forming the other side of the street. Halfcook tried to shoot at my dog and missed.

I decided to use the narrowness of the street, which limited movement of WH, and charged. Achak at flagellant, Mukki at priest, Nijlon at a dog, Nittawosew at the same dog. One flagellant and one dog remained uncovered. Gunter failed to cast arrows at halfcook. Matchitisiw and Etchemin shot at the uncovered flagellant, but missed. Askuwheteau shot through windows at captain, but missed. Achak knocked down the flagellant, Mukki did not hit the priest and was not hit either, and Nittawosew took out the dog.

A flagellant charged Nittawosew, remaining WH dog charged my dog, another flagellant ran though the small building to charge Mukki from back. The uncovered flagellant failed initiative roll to charge my corsairs behind the corner of the farmhouse, so he walked forward to allow the witch hunter behind him to shoot. So he shot at Matchitisiw and took him two wounds. Captain shot back on Askuwheteau and sent him OOA. Halfcook missed Gunter. Another witch hunter shot at Etchemin but missed. Flagellant missed Nittawosew and was taken OOA. Achak went OOA as well. My other dogs fought bravely, but with no results.

My corsairs charged the free flagellant. Nittawosew charged flagellant attacking Mukki. Matchitehew and Etchemin had no one to shoot at, so they went a bit forward to be prepared to charge next turn. Matchitehew and Mekledoodum entered the farmhouse to get to the side of WH, but they had to come slowly, because the area was still covered by the terrible quickshooting halfcook. Gunter managed to cast arrows this time, but did not wound. In close combat phase, the only model to go OOA was Chogan. And Mukki was stunned.

I lost track of what happened afterwards, but finally, almost everyone was fighting there. When Witch hunters finally retreated, they had 7 models OOA and elves had 6 models OOA. Gunter did not manage to take out the halfling.

Matchitisiw and Mukki died. Achak and Askuwheteau survived. Chogan has I reduced to 4 and Nitawosew has an old battle wound.

Nittawosew got +1I, Pauwau and Matchitwhew got +1S and Mekledudum learned Leap. And Etchemin got +1Ld.

I rolled 2334, which is 3 treasures, and the 33 gave me great weapon which I sold for 7 gc. I sold 3 treasures for 60 gc, and changed one village into tavern, which gives 7gc to use on hired swords (effectively reducing warlock upkeep to 8 gc). My two remaining vilages gave me 11 gc. So I had 79 gc and I used them to buy a new lordling, an axe and a bow. I wasted Mekledoodums MoP on searching for rare items which I did not find anyway...
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

7. Wyrdstone Hunt against Protectorate of Sigmar
===============================================

Commanding Beastmistress Nittawosew, axe, beastlash, throwing knives, Old Battle Wound, Ld10, W2, I6
Sorceress Pauwau, axe, RXB, Soul Stealer, BS4, S4
Lordling Matchitehew, axe, RXB, WS3, W2, S4
Lordling Wematin, axe, RXB with black lotus
Heroic corsair Chogan, axe, I4, W2
Heroic shade Mekledoodum, axe, bow, A2, Master of Poisons, Leap
Corsair Ahanu, axe, I6
Shade Askuwheteau, axe, bow, A2
Shade Etchemin, dagger, bow, Ld9
Dogs Achak, Nijlon
Warlock Gunter Gottwald, Luck of Shemtek, Silver Arrows of Arha

Rating 144

Protectorate of Sigmar came with 20 models, including halfcook, Kislev Ranger, and a free henchman (a campaign advantage available to them).Rating about 260.

The terrain was more or less evenly distributed (building, trees and two big rocks), and there were two shards, one available to each side. My shard was well visible beside a lone tree, their shard was behind a building, only vivible to them.

Nittawosew overcame her wound and was able to participate.

Elves moved forward, trying to stay in cover or at least unseen, then Protectorate ran forward as well.

Elves approached a building in the middle of the table. Mekledoodum and both dogs hided behind it. The tree with my shard was a bit to right from this building, then there was another gap and a small ruin behind which Askuwheteau was hiding. At the time, Pauwau and Etchemin had reached a rock on the left side. From this position, they might be able to fire at Protectorate from the flank.

Protectorate came forward in a big crowd, two cats and the free henchman were first. The main body was prepared to use their longbows and BS5's. This left me with one turn to try something.

Achak charged the free henchman in a way, in which he was difficult to reach for others. Nijlon came forward and stopped some inches in front of cats. Gunter also ran forward. Askuwheteau ran forward, retrieved the shard and almost made it to cover. Then Pauwau, Matchitehew and Wematin tried to shoot at cats and missed. Gunter did not manage to cast Arrows, and Achak failed to hit the human, who in turn failed to wound him.

Cats charged Nijlon, one model charged Achak. Halfcook and Kislev Ranger climbed on building, ready to shoot. Priest came among my two dogs, and casted Soulfire stunning one and knocking down the other. With some bad luck on my opponent side, the rest of shooting only got Gunter OOA. Then in close combat, my dogs went OOA as well and I routed.

Nijlon died.

Nittawosew got +1S, Matchitehew and Ahanu got +1A, Wematin and Etchemin got +1BS and Askuwheteau got +1WS. Pauwau learned Haggle, Chogan learned Lightning Reflexes and Jump Up, Mekledoodum learned Lightning reflexes, and Gunter learned Wyrdstone Hunter and Sword of Rezhebel.

For exploration I rolled 655432 (using the reroll), which gave me 5 shards. I had one more from the scenario and another one in store, so I sold all 7 of them for 110 gc. I changed one village into another tavern, so now I only pay 1 gc of upkeep for the warlock.

With the rest of my money, with the help of Pauwau's haggling, I bought a dog, a corsair, a sword for Nittawosew (it is so degrading to have elven leader fight with an axe...) and halfling cookbook. Mekledoodum made two doses of dark venom.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

8. If it is not locked, take it against Reikland
===============================================

Commanding Beastmistress Nittawosew, sword, beastlash, throwing knives, Old Battle Wound, Ld10, W2, I6, S4
Sorceress Pauwau, axe, RXB, Soul Stealer, Haggle, BS4, S4
Lordling Matchitehew, axe, RXB with Dark Venom, WS3, W2, S4, A2
Lordling Wematin, axe, RXB with Dark Venom, BS5
Heroic corsair Chogan, axe, I4, W2, Lightning Reflexes, Jump Up
Heroic shade Mekledoodum, axe, bow, A2, Master of Poisons, Leap, Lightning Reflexes
Corsair Ahanu, axe, I6, A2
Corsair Megedagik, axe
Shade Askuwheteau, axe, bow, A2, WS4
Shade Etchemin, dagger, bow, Ld9, BS5
Dogs Achak, Alawa
Warlock Gunter Gottwald, Luck of Shemtek, Silver Arrows of Arha, The Sword of Rezhebel, Wyrdstone Hunter

Rating 190

This scenario is similar to wyrdstone hunt. Instead of shards, there is 6 chest with fixed content.

Reikland came with the full squad, halfcook and ogre. Rating 267.

Reikland deployed in three groups - generally, command group in centre, and two shooting groups on wings.

Elves deployed in three groups as well. Left wing, composed of Mekledoodum, Etchemin and Ahanu, went for one chest, right wing, containing Nittawosew, dogs, Chogan and Megedagik was intended to attempt to approach Reikland through buildings, and centre, with lordlings, Pauwau and Askuwheteau, was intended to climb on building in ther middle and provide fire suport. There were two other chests reachable on my right side, but they were not easy pickings.

I won the first turn and elves raced forward with Mekledoodum making mighty jumps, which allowed him to pick the chest. All elves essentially reached the first line of buildings and stayed behind them.
Gunter failed to cast Sword of Rezhebel.

Reikland moved forward in a similar way, pushing their resilient ogre in front of them.

My left wing started to move cautiously forward. Lordlings climbed on buildings and hided, Pauwau entered one and hided as well. Later, I planned to send her for a chest before that building. Askuwheteau hided there as well.Alawa ran forward on my right side, and so did corsairs. Nittawosew with Achak hided close to the third chest.Gunter again failed to cast the spell.

Reiklander youngblood with lantern sprinted forward and unhided Pauwau. Rest of Reiklanders moved forward and their quick-and-trick-shooting BS5 eagle-eyed marksman shot Pauwau through two windows, sending her OOA.

Ahanu charged the youngblood, Mekledoodum and Etchemin moved forward. Gunter ran forward to cover Ahanu. Nittawosew went to pick the chest intended for Pauwau and hided in Wematin's building with Askuwheteau. Chogan took the other chest. Megedagik moved forward to be able to attack left reiklande wing. Alawa ran forward behind the building where no Reiklander could see her, and started barking to marchblock. Achak went in front of the ogre and started barking at him as well. Matchitehew missed the ogre, and Wematin did not shoot at all, afraid that Reiklanders might shoot back. Gunter failed to cast Arrows of Arha and Etchemin missed. Some of Ahanu's 4 attacks missed, and the youngblood stepped aside the rest. At least the youngblood did not hit as well.

A champion and swordsman charged Gunther. Ogre tried to charge Ahanu around the building, but Achak bravely intercepted his charge (we both forgot, that I should test Ld). The Reiklander right wing moved to Alawa, left wing followed the charge on Gunther. Captain of Reiklanders, together with their blunderbussier stood in an open window, probably observing their ogre's performance. In shooting phase, they missed both Alawa and Etchemin. In combat, Gunther went OOA, Ahanu missed again and was stunned in return, and Achak bravely wounded the ogre, while not being hit himself. (I would prefer to retreat now, but with not enough models OOA, I had to continue to the bitter end.)

Alawa and Megedagik charged Reikland archers, Chogan moved forward to give his support next turn, and Askuwheteau moved forward to get Reikland captain into view. Mekledoodum moved forward as well, trying to stealthily approach, and, if possible, murder Reikland halfcook. Etchemin shot at Reiklander champion and sent him OOA. Wematin and Askuwheteau missed the captain, and Matchitehew, who did not see the captain, missed the blunderbussier. Achak continued the duel with ogre, Alawa knocked her target down and Megedagik missed and went OOA himself.

Two swordsmen charged Etchemin, captain decided to help the ogre and charged Achak, remaining champion charged Alawa. Halfcook went forward and unhided Mekledoodum, blunderbussier went forward as well. Mekledoodum was shot OOA by a volley of nearby marksmen, blunderbussier did not wound Askuwheteau, captain missed Achak but the ogre finally stunned him, champion knocked Alawa down. Etchemin went OOA as well.

I briefly considered charging the captain with Nittawosew and Askuwheteau, but then I decided to retreat.

Mekledoodum died, Pauwau got scars, the rest survived.

Nittawosew and Etchemin got +1A, Pauwau learned mind focus, Matchitehew learned Infiltration, Wematin learned Uraithen Master, Chogan got +1W and +1A, Ahanu and Megedagik got +1WS, Askuwheteau got +1I.

For exploration, I rolled 6441. 44 means a prisoner, which I sold to slavers for 9 gc. Chests contained 8 gc and two swords.

Then I bought a corsair, a shade and a dose of Black Lotus.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

9. Wolf Hunt against Witch Hunters

Commanding Beastmistress Nittawosew, sword, beastlash, throwing knives, Old Battle Wound, Ld10, W2, I6, S4, A2
Sorceress Pauwau, sword, RXB, Horrible Scars, BS4, S4, Soul Stealer, Haggle, Mind Focus
Lordling Matchitehew, sword, RXB, WS3, W2, S4, A2, Infiltration
Lordling Wematin, axe, RXB, BS5, Uraithen Master
Heroic corsair Chogan, axe with Black Lotus, I4, W3, A2, Lightning Reflexes, Jump Up
Corsair Ahanu, axe, I6, A2, WS5
Corsair Megedagik, axe, WS5
Corsair Hassun, axe
Shade Askuwheteau, axe, bow, A2, WS4, I6
Shade Etchemin, dagger, bow, Ld9, BS5, A2
Shade Makkapitjoo, axe
Dogs Achak, Alawa
Warlock Gunter Gottwald, Luck of Shemtek, Silver Arrows of Arha, The Sword of Rezhebel, Wyrdstone Hunter

Rating 217

Wolf Hunt is a scenario from rules for Kislev Ranger.

Witch Hunters came in a number of 13, without a priest, who was fired to make space for an upstart flagellant. They got an Elf Ranger for the battle.

I have chosen to use my Shade Scout.

Roughly in the middle of the table, slightly to my right side, there was a big rock. To its left side, there was open ground with a lot of trees and some low walls, to its right side a small building stood.

I deployed my elves in two groups. Shooters (Wematin, Etchemin and Pauwau) and their protectors (Chogan, Makkapitjoo) on the left side, where they had a clear view of some wolves, and the rest on the right side, where they were hidden from Witch Hunters.

Witch Hunters deployed more or less in one big group with a small detachment on a side to stop Matchitehew from infiltrating. So he infiltrated behind the above mentioned building.

I moved forward. Shooters shot at wolves and managed to get one, and Achak charged another wolf, taking him OOA as well. Gunter failed to cast the Sword. Witch Hunters moved forward and shot a wolf as well. Then two wolves charged Achak
and stunned him. Two new wolves came from left side.

Ahanu and Megedagik charged wolves attacking Achak. The rest moved forward to the rock. Shooters missed the new wolves and Gunter failed to cast the Sword again. Corsairs got their wolves. Witch Hunters moved forward, shot some wolves and tried to shoot Wematin, but fortunately, the model missed.
They were now on the other side of the rock. They also stunned Achak by shooting. Another four wolves came, this time from the right side, right behind Matchitehew. The surviving wolf from the left side charged Etchemin, but neither of them was able to wound.

Makkapitjoo charged the wolf fighting Etchemin. Matchitehew retreated to the rock and Hassun with Alawa moved to protect him. The rest moved forward, hiding where possible.
Matchitehew shot a wolf and Gunter failed to cast Arrows at another wolf. The scout tried to shoot at approaching Witch Hunters, but missed. Flagellants and dogs moved
forward - now they were in the alley formed by the rock and close trees. Witch Hunters shot again and stunned the scout. They also killed some wolves. Then a lone wolf charged
Alawa and was killed, and a bear came into Witch Hunters' deployment zone.

Nittawosew, Pauwau, Chogan, Ahanu, Megedagik, and Askuwheteau charged various dogs and flagellants. The fight took about two turns, during which Achak, Gunter and
rest of flagellants and dogs joined as well. With some luck on my side (and bad luck on WH side), Witch Hunters, with about six models OOA, decided to retreat.

I had a single model OOA - Achak, and he survived. This was the first battle, in which Pauwau managed to cast her spell. Gunter also finally managed to cast his spells and fully used them to help Pauwau with a W3 A2 flagellant. Nittawosew got +1WS and Gunter got +1BS.

During exploration, I rolled 655532. This gave me 5 shards. 555 reduced my warband size by 3 for selling of the shards. I also got 60 gc for 6 wolfskins. So I now had a lot of money. I hired a Shade Scout (another one - this saved me 20 gc) and
Slaver (FO94 Hired Sword, actually our local version, which we hope is better ballanced). I also bought some equipment, a lucky charm and a dose of Black Lotus.

Bug found: Soul Stealer wording is unclear.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

10. Chance Encounter with Amazons

Commanding Beastmistress Nittawosew, sword, beastlash, throwing knives, helmet, lucky charm, Old Battle Wound, Ld10, W2, I6, S4, A2, WS5
Sorceress Pauwau, sword, RXB, Horrible Scars, BS4, S4, Soul Stealer, Haggle, Mind Focus
Lordling Matchitehew, sword, RXB, helmet, WS3, W2, S4, A2, Infiltration
Lordling Wematin, axe, helmet, RXB, BS5, Uraithen Master
Heroic corsair Chogan, axe, helmet, I4, W3, A2, Lightning Reflexes, Jump Up
Corsair Ahanu, axe, I6, A2, WS5
Corsair Megedagik, axe, WS5
Corsair Hassun, axe
Shade Etchemin, dagger, bow, Ld9, BS5, A2
Shade Makkapitjoo, axe
Dogs Achak, Alawa
Shade Scout Kestejoo
Slaver Francois l'Croix

Rating 266

Our Slaver Hired Sword is based on FO94 Slaver.

The enemy was our version of Amazons, adjusted to give them at least some limited access to hired swords and with better access and some skills for their special equipment.
So they came with halfcook.

The table was more or less uniformly covered by various buildings. Amazons deployed in a quarter containing two store house close to the centre of the table, and their
cook stood up there, surveying most of the city.

I deployed behind several buildings, planning to sneak forward through them and then engage Amazons in close combat, in buildings, if possible. Matchitehew infiltrated into quarter on my left side, trying to get to the Amazons from behind. Wematin
deployed on a top of high building, where he could see the halfcook well, once she gets unhided.

I had the first move and according to my plan, I moved forward, trying to stay out of sight or hidden. Gunter failed to cast The Sword of Rezhebel. Amazons also cautiously moved forward.

Next turn was more or less the same. During the process, elven warband redistributed, so now there was (from my left side)):
- Flanking group, composed of Matchitehew, Etchemin, Megedagik, and Pauwau was also joining them
- Command group, composed of Nittawosew, her dogs and Francois
- Wematin in his sniper position
- Mobile fire support, composed of Askuwheteau, Kestejoo and Gunther
- Corsair group, supported by Makkapitjoo, the rightmost model.

Amazons were mostly compressed in the building below their halfcook, and in a bigger building beside, into which the corsair group was heading.

I decided to go for a frontal attack. There was a statue just in the centre of the table, and Achak went to hide behind it. Alawa hided in a doorway and observed the street separating
elven and Amazonnian territory. Matchitehew was watching the statue from behind, Etchemin with Pauwau observed it from a building, Nittawosew with Francois from another building,
Askuwheteau and Kestejoo were ready to shoot as well. Corsairs were waiting hidden in the next building, ready to charge across the street. Makkapitjoo moved forward and fired at an Amazon, who he could see through the window. He missed. Wematin then
fired at the halfcook, and with three shots, managed to knock her down, but she did not fall. Gunter again failed to cast the Sword.

Red-haired Amazon ran to the building with corsairs and unhided two of them and both dogs. A scout tried moved behind the building, hiding Matchitehew. Then shooting started.
Amazons knocked down Achak and stunned Makkapitjoo.

Megedagik ran from the building to stand in front of the scout. Etchemin went after him to shoot. Unfortunately, there was not enough space for another shooting model. Alawa charged the red head. Chogan with Hassun charged an Amazon who showed herself to be able to shoot, but Chogan's charge was intercepted by another woman. Kestejoo charged an Amazon in the building behind the statue and Francois went out of cover
to attract attention, because Nittawosew was not in charge range of any of abovementioned combats. Gunter also showed himself. Etchemin missed the scout, Wematin missed the halfcook, Askuwheteau shot one Amazon OOA and Gunter failed to cast Silver Arrows. In combat, Alawa stunned the red head, Ahanu went OOA, Chogan missed with some attacks and
did not wound with others.

In Amazon turn, the scout was joined by two others, Francois was attacked by a champion and totem warrior, Alawa was attacked as well. Chogan was also charged, but I was quite confident that he can manage it. Shooting knocked Hassun down. In combat, Francois went OOA and Alawa
was stunned. Chogan missed everything, but fortunately, so did Amazons. Kestejoo was sent OOA as well.

Megedagik charged one scout, Matchitehew, Etchemin and Pauwau moved to be able to shoot at other two. Achak charged a totem warrior, Nittawosew charged a champion.
Gunter charged the warrior beating Alawa, Hassun and Makkapitjoo stood up. Etchemin shot a scout OOA. Pauwau then tried to get the third one, but she missed. Wematin finally managed to get the halfcook OOA. Gunter failed to cast the Luck. Magedagik got his scout OOA, but Chogan, who missed all attacks, then went out of action himself as a result of being critically hit by a club. Gunter missed, went OOA, and consequently, Alawa did the same. Achak missed and went OOA. Nittawosew was, thanks to her helmet, knocked down.

The remaining Amazon scout threw a javelin at Matchitehew and sent him OOA. Hassun was charged and sent OOA as well. Nittawosew also did not overcome the beating.
Etchemin was stunned by a laser shot.

With five models remaining, I decided to retreat.

Nittawosew got a smashed leg and will miss next battle. Chogan was captured, but Amazon player showed mercy and gave him back for a symbolic amount of money.
Ahanu, Hassun and Francois died. The rest survived.

Nittawosew learned Fey Quickness and Matchitehew learned Lightning Reflexes.
Wematin and Megedagik got +1I, Chogan got +1A, Makkapitjoo got +1BS.

For exploration, I rolled 12, i.e. one shard. I got one more for sending one enemy hero OOA.
So I sold them. Then I paid ransom, upkeep for hired swords and, since next time I will meet Black Orcs, bought a dose of black lotus.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

11. Bounty Hunt with Black Orcs
===============================

Commanding Beastmistress Nittawosew, sword, beastlash, helmet, Old Battle Wound, Ld10, W2, I6, S4, A2, WS5, Fey Quickness
Sorceress Pauwau, sword, RXB, lucky charm, Horrible Scars, BS4, S4, Soul Stealer, Haggle, Mind Focus
Lordling Matchitehew, sword, throwing knives, helmet, WS3, W2, S4, A2, Infiltration, Lightning Reflexes
Lordling Wematin, sword, helmet, RXB with Black Lotus, BS5, I7, Uraithen Master
Heroic corsair Chogan, axe with Black Lotus, helmet, I4, W3, A3, Lightning Reflexes, Jump Up
Corsair Megedagik, axe, WS5, I6
Shade Etchemin, axe, bow, Ld9, BS5, A2
Shade Makkapitjoo, axe, bow, BS5
Dogs Achak, Alawa
Shade Scout Kestejoo

Rating 244

Opposition consisted of 13 orcs, a slaver and a duellist.

As a result of her injury, Nittawosew stayed at home with her dogs and Pauwau took command.

Orcs deployed all on my right side of the table. I was agains spread across my side of the table, with Etchemin as a leftmost model, then Megedagik and Wematin, then Pauwau, Chogan and Gunther, Askuwheteau, and finally Makkapitjoo and Kestejoo. Matchitehew infiltrated into a building some 15" in front of Orcs.

Then I realized, that I will not need models on the left side of the table and that I can not use the infiltrator as I wanted. I wanted him to marchblock Orcs, but there was no place where he would be safe from them and from the shooting
outlaws in the central building of the same time.

I had first move. Megedagik, Gunther and Chogan ran to the right to a suitable building, already occupied by Askuwheteau. Matchitehew retreated, trying not to be seen by both orcs and outlaws. Kestejoo and Makkapitjoo moved to windows of the ruin they occupied and shot. Wematin and Etchemin moved into a small ruin, where they were not seen by outlaws, but which
allow them to provide crossfire at orcs.

Generally, for several turns, orcs were moving as fast as possible along the right edge of the table, being shot at by both elves and outlaws. Before they could do anything,
two orcs were sent OOA by outlaws and one by Gunther's Arrows. Several others were stunned or knocked down and their W3 boss was only W2. At the time, Matchitehew was
one wound down thanks to outlaws.

Then, orcs fired a blunderbuss which sent Matchitehew OOA and stunned Askuwheteau. Now they were close enough to charge next turn, so I retreated and shot for the last time,
but with no success. Gunter casted the Sword.

Then Black Orc Boss charged Makkapitjoo and Black Orc Chamion Kestejoo. Makkapitjoo went OOA but Kestejoo stood his ground. There was also some shooting, which knocked Pauwau down.

Chogan, Megedagik and Gunter charged the boss. Shooting continued with no important result (recovering second black orc was stunned again). Gunter kept the Sword and casted
Luck of Shemtek. Combined effort of two corsairs deprived orc boss of another wound. Then Gunther did not hit and I forgot about the Luck... Megedagik went OOA and Kestejoo
was knocked down.

Then orcs charged Chogan and Gunther. Two orcs knocked Gunther down and boss, black orc, young orc and slaver stunned Chogan, but his helmet saved him.

Then I retreated.

Matchitehew is now Hardened, Makkapitjoo died, Megedagik and Kestejoo survived.

Pauwau learned Dodge, Wematin learned Trick Shooter and Askuwheteau got BS5. Kestejoo learned Infiltration.

During exploration, I rolled 334, which gave me two shards and an axe. I bought a corsair to complement the axe and a dose of Black Lotus.

I have rebuilt my last village to a pub. Now I have three pubs which sponsor my hired swords by 21 gc per battle.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

12. Necrarch's Tower against The Nuln Academy
=============================================

Commanding Beastmistress Nittawosew
Sword, Beastlash, Throwing knives, Helmet, Lucky Charm
Old Battle Wound
Ld10, W2, I6, S4, A2, WS5
Fey Quickness
Sorceress Pauwau
Sword, RXB
Horrible Scars
BS4, S4
Soul Stealer, Haggle, Mind Focus, Dodge
Lordling Matchitehew
Sword, RXB, Helmet
WS3, Hardened
W2, S4, A2
Infiltration, Lightning Reflexes
Lordling Wematin
Axe, RXB with Black Lotus, Helmet
BS5, I7
Uraithen Master, Trick Shooter
Heroic Corsair Chogan
Sword, Helmet
I4
W3, A3
Lightning Reflexes, Jump Up
Corsair Megedagik
Axe
WS5, I6
Corsair Tihkoosue
Axe
Shade Askuwheteau
Axe, Bow
A2, WS4, I6, BS5
Shade Etchemin
Axe, Bow
Ld9, BS5, A2
Dogs Achak and Alawa
Warlock Gunter Gottwald
BS3
Silver Arrows of Arha, Luck of Shemtek, Wyrdstone Hunter, The Sword of Rezhebel
Shade Scout Kestejoo
Infiltration

My rating was 260.

Necrarch's Tower is a special campaign scenario. It is essentially skirmish,
but there is a tower in the middle, containing a spellcasting vampire. To win,
you have to route your enemy and kill the vampire.

Nuln came with Kislev Ranger, Ogre, Arabian merchant, halfcook, goblin lantern bearer and hired Witch Hunter.
And two dogs. Some guns were loadad with superior gunpowder.
Its rating was about 420, so I decided to use a campaign rule, allowing me to trade
underdog bonus for henchmen (one henchman for an experience point, no other limits,
limit of 20gc of equipment per henchman). So I enlisted help of 4 Witch Elves with halberds and helmets.

Terrain did not promise too much cover, but on my left side, there was a loose chain of
five houses, so I decided to go through them with my corsairs and try to beat
some Nulnians. On the right side, some trees grew among some rocks.

I deployed most of my models on my left side. On a right side, I put my two shades
and two witch elves. Two witch elves went into the middle.

Nuln covered its deployment zone to block my infiltrators access to its rear.
Then goblin lantern bearer, Kislev ranger and hero with hand-held mortar infiltrated
into building on my right side, from which they could observe about a third of the table,
especially the rock and trees between them and my weak right wing.

My infiltrators deployed on my left side, behind a building, as close to enemy as possible. There
was a single dog guarding this wing, and I hoped that with some luck I will shoot
it and gain some time for my forces to arrive.

Nuln won first turn. The left-wing dog went forward and some models moved closer
to cover him - notably a sprinting underclassman with blunderbuss and ogre. The infiltrating hero
shot from his grenade launcher on my witch elf, missed, used his rabbit's paw
to reroll, the shot hit precisely, witch elf was knocked down (thanks to her helmet)
and Etchemin, standing beside her, went out of action. Rest of Nuln moved forward
into firing positions.

Most of my left wing ran forward. The rest went slower to stay in cover. Right
wing (including the two WE in my centre) moved cautiously forward. Matchitehew
and Kestejoo entered a building and hided there. I did not shoot, only Gunter failed
to cast the Sword.

Nuln goblin ran forward and unhided a witch elf behind a tree. Dog on my left wing
unhided Kestejoo. There were some models moving on wings - for example,
my right wing was visited by blunderbussier riding a horse. In the centre,
only Nuln captain, merchant and some other model remained. Some shooting followed, after which the witch elf went OOA
and Kestejoo was knocked down.

I resisted the urge to charge the dog. Matchitehew retreated from the building and hided.
Corsairs finally reached him. Kestejoo stood up. On my right wing, I continued
playing hide-and-seek with Nulnians. I did not even bother to shoot at the blunderbussier,
because the model is known to be T4W3, and likely drugged by mandrake. Kestejoo
shot at one of the models which were shooting ar him previously, and missed.
Wematin missed the Witch Hunter, visible behind a small rock. Gunter failed
to cast the Arrows on Nuln commander.

Ogre and a pistolier charged Kestejoo. The underclassman with blunderbuss
moved forward to shoot at Pauwau, who stayed behind corsairs. This turn of shooting
was relatively unsuccesfull for Nuln. The shot from blunderbuss missed both
Megedagik and Pauwau, shots at Gunter missed as well, and on my right wing, no one
was hurt as well. A shot from grenade-launcher stunned Tihkoosue, and wounded Matchitehew,
staying beside him.

Chogan, Matchitehew and Megedagik charged the ogre. Achak charged the dog of Nuln,
but was too far,
Nittawosew with Alawa and Gunter moved closer as well. Wematin went forward
and hided. Models on my right wing were slowly retreating trying to stay out of
sight. Only one witch elf ran forward to join my left wing. Gunter casted the Sword. Pauwau shot the blunderbussier
out of action. Then, combined effort of my three elves deprived the ogre
of one wound. Matchitehew was knocked down.

Matchitehew was charged by a pistolier, Megedagik was charged by a pistolier and
the other underclassman, Achak was charged by the dog. On my right wing,
the mounted blunderbussier shot a witch elf out of action. MAtchitehew and Megedagik
went OOA as well. Chogan managed to wound the ogre and was wounded himself.
Dogs enjoyed a nice dogfight.

Then I retreated. Battle was finished in the Nuln way - the vampire found
herself between a wall and a firing squad.

Etchemin, Megedagik, Kestejoo and one witch elf died. Matchitehew and the other witch elf
survived. The Nulnian underclassmen was captured and Nuln player payed for him
generously.

Matchitehew got +1A and Chogan learned Master of Poisons and made one dose of it.

During exploration, I rolled 5544, which gave me three shards and 7 gc.
I tried to rebuild one pub to an armoury (giving discount on weapons)
but failed.

I bought a shade, a corsair, a dose of black lotus. I also hired a Pit Fighter.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

13. Streetfight against Reikland

Sword, Beastlash, Throwing knives, Helmet, Lucky Charm
Old Battle Wound
Ld10, W2, I6, S4, A2, WS5
Fey Quickness
Sorceress Pauwau
Sword, RXB
Horrible Scars
BS4, S4
Soul Stealer, Haggle, Mind Focus, Dodge
Lordling Matchitehew
Sword, RXB, Helmet
WS3, Hardened
W2, S4, A3
Lordling Wematin
Axe, RXB with Black Lotus, Helmet
BS5, I7
Uraithen Master, Trick Shooter
Heroic Corsair Chogan
Sword with Dark Venom, Helmet
I4
W3, A3
Lightning Reflexes, Jump Up, Master of Poisons
Corsair Tihkoosue
Axe
Corsair Anakausuen
Axe
Shade Askuwheteau
Axe, Bow
A2, WS4, I6, BS5
Shade Enkudabaoo
Axe, Bow
Dogs Achak and Alawa
Warlock Gunter Gottwald
BS3
Pit Fighter Tadeusz Brzitki-Nosopuchalkowski z Osmidmierczinu

My rating was 247

Reikland had 14 members, imperial assassin and ogre. Rating about 320.

So we deployed on our ends of the street. Matchitehew infiltrated behind a building on my right side to be able
to marchblock in the second turn.

I ran forward with most of models. Chogan, Tihkoosue, Tadeusz and Achak ran on right sid to help Matchitehew, while Anakausuen,
Alawa, Gunther and Askuwheteau moved on the left side. Nittawosew stayed in the centre with Enkudabaoo and Wematin with Pauwau
went slowly forward, trying to stay hidden.

Reikland also moved forward, but suddenly, ogre appeared uncomfortably close to Matchitehew - he might be charged next turn.
So I retreated with him into next building and hided him. Unfortunately, he could not marchblock this way... I moved the rest of my models, trying to stay in cover, and Reikland moved forward as well. Ogre unhided Matchitehew and Reiklanders wounded him.

I was not yet in good position for all-out charge, so, while rest of my models was moving closer, Matchitehew moved back again,
shot at ogre and wounded critically - two wounds down.

Ogre retreated behind a tree in the middle of the street and his position was taken by two marksmen with a champion nearby. Marksmen knocked Matchitehew down.

Chogan and Tihkoosue charged the closer marksman - unfortunately, only Chogan was in charge range. For the fun of it, I also declared charge of Achak at Reikland captain, but he was too far as well. Alawa charged a swordsman on left side, Matchitehew stood up and finished the ogre by another shot. Others were shooting as well, but the only result was a swordsman knocked down. Chogan made it to the marksman, missed all his attacks, was wounded critically by a club and went instantly out of action. Alawa knocked her swordsman down.

Imperial Assassin charged Askuwheteau. Alawa was charged by another swordsman. A blunderbussier came forward, shot Tihkuoosue OOA and knocked Achak down. Rest of Reikland shooting knocked Tadeusz down. Assassin and Askuwheteau fought a stalemate. Also Alawa stood her ground.

Pauwau and Anakausuen charged the assassin. Gunther charged the blunderbussier. Nittawosew joined Alawa. Matchitehew charged the evil marksman who wounded Chogan. Tadeusz was still too far, so he only ran forward. Assassin went out of action, and so did Gunther. Nittawosew sent one swordsman OOA, Alawa continued to figt bravely but uneffectively and Matchitehew was knocked down.

Reiklanders charged Achak and Matchitehew, and the blunderbussier charged Nittawosew. Shooting stunned Pauwau. Achak and Matchitehew went OOA, Alawa was stunned and Nittawosew stood her ground.

Thanks to Nittawosew's Ld10, I continued to fight, because there was a real chance of victory. Askuwheteau charged a marksman and Anakausuen charged the cowardly blunderbussier who attacked Nittawosew. Tadeusz stood up. Marksman went OOA and blunderbussier was knocked down. Now Nittawosew was standing among three models, all knocked down. She made one attack on each of them, and only the blunderbussier went OOA. Alawa went OOA as well.

Reikland failed the route test, but then the player remembered captain's rabbit paw and rerolled it. Swordsmen around Nittawosew stood up and another charged. Another blunderbussier came forward and his shot stunned Wematin. Nittawosew fought on.

Tadeusz and Askuwheteau charged champions. Anakausuen charged a marksman, previously knocked down by Askuwheteau. Wematin tried to crawl away from the Reikland firing squad. Pauwau stood up. The marksman, Tadeusz's champion and Askuwheteau went OOA.

In turn of Reikland, Nittawosew, Wematin and Enkudabaoo went out of action as well. Tadeusz was charged, but he sent the daring model out of action.

I counted all my two remaining models (Pauwau and Tadeusz) and declared a retreat.

Wematin, Chogan, Askuwheteau and Achak died. Others survived.

Nittawosew got WS6, Pauwau learned Wyrdstone Hunter, Anakausuen got talent and learned Master of Poisons, Tihkoosue got A2, Enkudabaoo got +1BS, Gunther got +1T.

I rolled 6 for exploration, which allowed me to get a new lordling, and that's it. I had to fire Tadeusz to have the necessairy money.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

14. If it is not locked, take it against Protectorate of Sigmar

Sword, Beastlash, Helmet, Lucky Charm
Old Battle Wound
Ld10, W2, I6, S4, A2, WS6
Fey Quickness
Sorceress Pauwau
Sword, RXB
Horrible Scars
BS4, S4
Soul Stealer, Haggle, Mind Focus, Dodge, Wyrdstone Hunter
Lordling Matchitehew
Sword, Throwing knives, Helmet
WS3, Hardened
W2, S4, A3
Lordling Annawon
Axe, RXB
Heroic Corsair Anakausuen
Axe
Master of Poisons
Corsair Tihkoosue
Axe, A2
Shade Enkudabaoo
Dagger, Bow, BS5
Dog Alawa
Warlock Gunter Gottwald
BS3, T4

My rating was 182, rating of Sigmarites about 420.

We both started moving to our treasure chests. Matchitehew, who infiltrated close to one of them, took it, and started to retreat.

Second chest was on my left flank, and I sent there group composed of Anakausuen, Tihkoosue and Gunter. Shooting sent Tihkoosue and Gunther OOA but Anakausuen was able to escape with the chest.

Third chest was in a clearing close to the centre. Finally I decided that I do not want to risk Nittawosew going for it, so I sent Enkudabaoo. He took the chest and Alawa started to bark at humans to keep him safe.

Humans beated Alawa out of action and did not manage to shoot Enkudabaoo. Then I retreated. I did not really try to fight, it had no sense. My only hostile action was Gunther stunning a cat with Arrows. Protectorate took the other three chests. My chests contained a shard, rabbit's paw and three swords. Tihkoosue died.

Nittawosew learned Step Aside, Pauwau got +1A, Matchitehew got +1Ld and Step Aside, Annawon got +1Ld, Anakausuen got +1S, +1WS and Lightning Reflexes.

Enkudabaoo showed his talent and became a hero. I decided to give him shooting and academic skills, and he, probably to show his dissatisfaction, learned +1S, +1A and Haggle.

During exploration, I rolled 653322, which gave me 4 shards and 5 gc.

I bought a new shade, corsair and dog.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

15. Wolf Hunt against Amazons

Old Battle Wound
Fey Quickness, Step Aside
Sorceress Pauwau
Sword, RXB
Horrible Scars
BS4, S4, A2
Soul Stealer, Haggle, Mind Focus, Dodge, Wyrdstone Hunter
Lordling Matchitehew
Sword, Throwing knives, Helmet, Rabbit's Paw
WS3, Hardened
W2, S4, A3, Ld9
Infiltration, Lightning Reflexes, Step Aside
Lordling Annawon
Sword, RXB with Dark Venom
Ld9
Sword with Dark Venom
S4, WS5
Master of Poisons, Lightning Reflexes
Heroic Shade Enkudabaoo
Sword, Bow
BS5, S4, A2
Haggle
Corsair Abooksigun
Axe
Shade Huritt
Axe, Bow
Dogs Alawa, Machk
Warlock Gunter Gottwald
BS3, T4

My rating was 222, rating of Amazons 328.

There was about 15 Amazons and halfcook. Since the scenario grants a free "ranger type" hired sword, they used the Amazon Tracker (our HS). I used my Shade Scout.

We deployed both spread across our sides. Amazon scouts deployed forward as usual, Matchitehew could not infiltrate very deeply because of wolves, so I put him as a vanguard of my left flank. My deployment, from left side, was: Matchitehew, Anakausuen, Abooksigun, Alawa, Nittawosew, Gunther, Machk, Huritt, Pauwau, Annawon, Enkudabaoo and the Shade Scout of unassigned name.

I went first. My right flank was mostly shooting, left flank advanced. I shot three wolves. Amazons went forward and shot four wolves. The remaining wolf charged Anakausuen, whose lightning reflexes allowed him to miss first. Then, the wolf missed as well.

Abooksigun charged the wolf. Rest of my models moved forward, mostly trying to stay out of sight. There was a building on my left flank. I sent Alawa inside to bark and thus marchblock approaching women. Matchitehew hided behind this building. To the right of the building, there was a narrow alley, its other side defined by a small ruin and medium-sized building. Anakausuen was staying close to the ruin, the wolf and Abooksigun were in the alley.
There was a tree beside the ruin and Gunther ran to it. Nittawosew stayed behind, hidden in another building. My right flank was trying to move in cover forward, trying to get to shooting positions on the medium-sized building, which happened to be almost exactly in the middle of the table.
Gunther stunned an Amazon with Arrows. Abooksigun killed the poor wolf.

Amazons went forward, concentrating on my left flank. They shot at Abooksigun, but missed. They moved closer to the central building, one scout went inside. They also shot at Huritt and knocked him down.

Abooksigun hided behind the left building, Anakausuen hided behind the ruin. Gunter entered the alley as a shield. Huritt moved slightly to the right to get a side shot at Amazons in the alley. Right flank fired a volley at visible parts of Amazon bodies. Matchitew threw a dagger (for the first time in the campaign), hit an Amazon and sent her OOA. Huritt knocked his target down.

Amazons fired into the alley and stunned Gunther. They also tried to shoot Alawa through a window, but missed. Other Amazons went into the central building and shot at Machk, hiding just behind a window, but missed as well.

Abooksigun charged the offender who shot at Alawa and sent her OOA. Machk with the Shade Scout charged an Amazon in the building and together sent her OOA. Gunther crawled back and Alawa went before him to protect him.

Amazons charged Alawa and Matchitehew. Both totem warriors charged Machk and the Shade Scout of unassigned name, and yet another Amazon charged Huritt. Abooksigun was stunned by shooting. Machk and the Shade Scout were stunned, Alawa was not wounded and Matchitehew sent his opponent OOA before she could attack. Huritt went OOA.

Matchitehew charged one of two Amazons threatening Alawa. Anakausuen charged an Amazon in the central building. Pauwau and Annawon charged the evil woman beating Huritt. Abooksigun tried to crawl out of sight. Gunther stood up and Nittawosew came to give him moral support. Matchitehew took the Amazon OOA and Alawa stunned the remaining one. Anakausuen stunned his woman, so did Annawon and Pauwau sent her OOA with Soulstealer. Shade Scout and Machk went OOA.

Amazons passed their route test. Amazon leader charged Abooksigun, another Amazon charged Matchitehew, both totem warriors charged Anakausuen. Abooksigun went OOA, and all Amazons trying to attack Matchitehew and Anakausuen were stunned.

Now it was my turn to take the route test, I rolled 12 and lost.

Abooksigun and the Shade Scout of unassigned name died, others survived without problems. Nittawosew and Pauwau learned Lightning Reflexes, Matchitehew got +1Ld, Annawon got +2BS, Anakausuen got +1I, Enkudabaoo got +1BS, and Huritt got +1I.

I rolled 65554. This gave me 5 shards, and 555 means that I could sell them as if I was 3 members smaller, i.e. for 90 gc.

I bought two corsairs, shade and a helmet for Anakausuen. Anakausuen made a dose of Dark Venom.

I should add, that result of this battle was heavily influenced by quite good rolls on my side and quite bad rolls on side of my opponent. That, and the fact that Amazons tried to fight in a narrow alley where they could not use their numerical superiority.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

16. Spider Hunt against Witch Hunters

Old Battle Wound
Fey Quickness, Step Aside, Lightning Reflexes
Sorceress Pauwau
Sword, RXB
Horrible Scars
BS4, S4, A2
Soul Stealer, Haggle, Mind Focus, Dodge, Wyrdstone Hunter, Lightning Reflexes
Lordling Matchitehew
WS3, Hardened
W2, S4, A3, Ld10
Lordling Annawon
Sword, RXB
Ld9, BS6
Sword with Dark Venom
S4, WS5, I6
Heroic Shade Enkudabaoo
Sword, Bow
BS6, S4, A2
Haggle
Corsairs Panuwau & Togquos
Axe
Shade Huritt
Axe, Bow
I6
Shade Matwau
Axe, Bow
Dogs Alawa, Machk
Warlock Gunter Gottwald
BS3, T4

My rating was 264, rating of Witch Hunters about 350.

Spider Hunt is a special campaign scenario. There is 6 giant spiders (M5, WS3, S5, T4, W3, AS4+, Black Lotus, fear).
The warband which kills more of them is a winner. In case of tie, the one which routs, loses.

Considering the threat of spiders, I decided to exchange the underdog bonus for 2 more models. Again, I enlisted witch elves with halberds and helmets.

Considering my firepower, I decided to lure spiders into buildings where I can use the corsair's skills. I also decided to go slowly, not wanting to be overwhelmed by them. I have seen them in Reikland vs. Protectorate of Sigmar battle, and both warbands had serious trouble to kill these creatures.

On the other hand, With Hunter player was pretty confident that his crossbow shots and flagellant's S6 attacks will be sufficient.

In the beginning, I split in two roughly equal groups with Nittawosew staying in reserve. Each group went into one building and fired at closest spider.

Witch Hunters sent dogs and ogre forward as baits and fired at all visible spiders.

Then one spider attacked Matwau, who happened to be too close, the other came into building where he ought to and four attacked WH dogs and ogre. Matwau went OOA, the ogre lost two wounds and one WH dog went OOA.

I charged both spiders. Both groups finished their spiders in one turn.

Witch Hunters charged. Three spiders went OOA, one was not in charge range and shooting stunned him. Then, in spider turn, it recovered.

I moved forward, because not I needed to engage WH. To have a chance to win though, I now had to try to take the spider out by shooting, as it was too far to charge. Gunther's Arrows only stunned it again.

WH moved forward, took the remaining spider and shot Annawon OOA.

One dog and one Witch Elf charged flagellant, the other charged zealot. Zealot was stunned, flagellant was missed.

Witch hunters charged witch elves and dogs and sent them all OOA.

Then I routed.

All my models survived.

Pauwau learned Fey Quickness and Huritt got +1Ld.

For exploration, I rolled 11126. I used my three re-rolls (2xWyrdstone hunter, 1xrabbit paw), and the result changed to 12226... However, I got a lot of money for the spiders, so I still
had enough money for a new shade. What remained I decided to invest into Assassin. Let's hope he will pay off.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

17. Wolf Hunt against Nuln

Old Battle Wound
Fey Quickness, Step Aside, Lightning Reflexes
Sorceress Pauwau
Sword, RXB
Horrible Scars
BS4, S4, A2
Soul Stealer, Haggle, Mind Focus, Dodge, Wyrdstone Hunter, Lightning Reflexes, Fey Quickness
Lordling Matchitehew
WS3, Hardened
W2, S4, A3, Ld10
Lordling Annawon
Sword, RXB
Ld9, BS6
Sword with Dark Venom
S4, WS5, I6
Heroic Shade Enkudabaoo
Sword, Bow
BS6, S4, A2
Haggle
Axe
Shade Huritt
Axe, Bow
I6, Ld9
Shade Matwau
Axe, Bow
Shade Nosh
Axe, Bow
Dogs Alawa, Machk
Warlock Gunter Gottwald
BS3, T4
Dark Elf Assassin Sunukkuhkau

My rating was 306, rating of Nuln about 500 (23 models).

Nuln already had a ranger (Kislev), I took the Shade Scout. There were 4 wolves, and I shot two of them. Nuln shot the other two.

I was trying to meet Nuln in the buildings on the right side, while on the left side, I had mostly shooting party in a wood, with Matchitehew and one dog covering approach.

There was a lot of manoeuvering, but finally Nuln got the dog and the Shade Scout I sent to help him. Matchitehew safely retreated. On right side, Nittawosew's Fey Quickness allowed her to dodge a shot from grenade launcher (which stunned Huritt, who happened to be close), but not the following gun shot, which sent her OOA. Huritt was later finished by
Nuln ogre. My only success in the battle was, that Gunther managed to cast Arrows of Arha at Nulnian halfcook and got him OOA, but Gunter then went OOA as well.

With six models out, I retreated.

Huritt and Machk died, others survived.

Nittawosew learned Strike to Injure, Pauwau learned Sprint, Matchitehew got +1W, Annawon learned Uraithen Master, Anakausuen got +1A and learned Jump Up, Enkudabaoo learned Quick Shot and Trick Shooter. Panuwau & Togquos got +1Ld and +1I, Matwau and Nosh got +1A and +1Ld and Sunukkuhkau learned Infiltration and Lightning Reflexes. So now I really have warband of very high morale...

I rolled 33356, which gave me 4 shards and a free hired sword. I also got 20 gc for the two wolves. Considering the need to replace dead models, I could not afford to keep the Shade Scout. And I decided that I need some raw power. So I took an ogre. I also bought a dog and a corsair.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

18. Gryphon Eggs against Black Orcs

Old Battle Wound
Fey Quickness, Step Aside, Lightning Reflexes, Strike to Injure
Sorceress Pauwau
Sword, RXB
Horrible Scars
BS4, S4, A2
Soul Stealer, Haggle, Mind Focus, Dodge, Wyrdstone Hunter, Lightning Reflexes, Fey Quickness, Sprint
Lordling Matchitehew
WS3, Hardened
W3, S4, A3, Ld10
Lordling Annawon
Sword, RXB
Ld9, BS6
Uraithen Master
Sword with Dark Venom
S4, WS5, I6, A2
Master of Poisons, Lightning Reflexes, Jump Up
Heroic Shade Enkudabaoo
Sword, Bow
BS6, S4, A2
Haggle, Quick Shot, Trick Shooter
Axe
Ld9, I6
Corsair Matunaagd
Axe
Shade Matwau
Axe, Bow
A2, Ld9
Shade Nosh
Axe, Bow
A2, Ld9
Dogs Alawa, Machk
Warlock Gunter Gottwald
BS3, T4
Dark Elf Assassin Sunukkuhkau
Ogre Istvan

My rating was 381, rating of Black Orcs about 410.

Gryphon Eggs is a special campaign scenario. In the middle of the table, there is a mountain with gryphon nest containing three eggs. To win, warband must get at least two eggs (which includes climbing up and down the mountain) and transport them out of table. Mother gryphon does not like, though, which means that at the beginning of each player's turn, there is a chance that a random model within 6" of the mountain will be attacked (A4, WS5, S5).

Because of her old battle wound, Nittawosew decided not to participate this time, and rather spend the day playing with her dogs. Orcs came with 13 models, including Shade Scout, Slaver and Warlock. They were not in their best shape either.

I started behind a wood on my side, slightly spread. Orcs started on their side in one group in the center. Matchitehew and Sunukkuhkau infiltrated from left side.

In first turn, I moved all models to approximately 8" from the mountain, while keeping them hidden from orcs. Annawon and Matwau went on left flank, Enkudabaoo to the right flank, rest to the center. Orcs simply moved forward. Their shade scout entered a wood on left side.

Sunukkuhkau, Matchitehew, and all corsair henchmen lined at the base of mountain. Ogre and Gunter stayed slightly behind. Anakausuen entered building about 4" to right of the mountain, Pauwau stayed on the edge of the wood. Both my flanks moved to firing positions. Then I tried shooting at orcs, but with no result. Gryphon knocked down one orc, the rest moved forward. One moved forward a lot because of animosity, and charged Matunaagd. Two orcs were moving separately on my left side, covering the shade scout. One of them carried blunderbuss. Matunaagd was stunned.

At the start of my turn, gryphon pecked Matunaagd out of action. Gunter, Pauwau and Anakausuen charged the offending orc. Ogre charged an orc on my left side. Sunukkuhkau, Matchitehew and Panuwau successfully climbed up, took the eggs and climbed down again (actually Matchitehew fell, but was not wounded).
My both flanks shot and Nosh managed to get one orc OOA. Both my casters failed to cast their spells, but Anakausuen managed to send the offending orc OOA as well. Ogre knocked his orc down.

Gryphon attacked one orc, but did not wound. Then orc blunderbussier moved forward, and orc boss with some other orcs charged Anakausuen, Pauwau and Gunther. The blunderbussier shot along the mountain, and Sunukkuhkau and Togquos went OOA. Warlock ahot Arrows of Arha at Nosh and stunned him. Gunter went OOA as well, but Pauwau sent OOA the orc attacking her and Ananausuen took one wound off the orc boss. The orc fighting my ogre stood up, ogre missed and the orc sent him OOA. Anakausuen was stunned.

Gryphon did not come. Matchitehew, Panuwau and Pauwau retreated. Matwau went forward to provide an elven shield for Matchitehew.Enkudabaoo charged the orc boss in an attempt to save Anakausuen. My shooting was ineffective and Enkudabaoo did not wound the boss.

Gryphon did not come. Orcs charged Matwau, Nosh and Enkudabaoo. All of them went OOA. So did Anakausuen. Then the warlock shot Matchitehew OOA with Arrows of Arrha (because I forgot that he is W3).

Gryphon stunned Panuwau. Annawon took his Matchitehew's egg and Pauwau took Panuwau's egg. Shooting was again without effect.

Gryphon probably decided to ignore orcs. My remaining three models were charged and sent out of action.

Pauwau got Old Battle Wound. Matchitehew became nervous expert swordsman. Annawon was sold to pits, killed the pit fighter and learned Trick Shooter.
Anakausuen got horrible scars and +1WS. Enkudabaoo survived against odds and got +1A. Nosh and Sunukkuhkau died, others survived. My only income was what Annawon won in pits.

This was the last battle of the campaign, so it is probably time for some concluding thoughts.

My general feeling was that the warband works. In the beginning, the elves were again slow in development, and it took several battles with underdog bonuses to catch up. It would need less of them if I rolled the advances I needed.

Starting experience of heroes was tested here. I would say that Lordlings starting at 8 XP are OK. For Sorceress to start at 12 is too much, though. She effectively starts two advances below them (-1WS, -1BS, -1I, +spell) which would point to 4 XP instead. Beastmaster also starts two advances below them (-1BS, -1I), so it would again be 4 XP. However, Beastmaster started at 4XP in this campaign, and it might be too low. So for Sorceress and Beastmaster it is a question, if they should start at 4 or 8 XP. 12 is definitely too much.

My Noble died quite early, but I did not use his F&R anyway and did not miss it later (though if it stays, it should be transferrable to his heir). I think that F&R is really not needed.

The new special skill of corsairs was IMHO too strong and should be removed. To balance them against Witch Elves, maybe some weakening of Witch Elves could be an option.

The problem of Slavehound is that they are now too independent on Beastmaster. It will help if they will use his Ld, but against not fear causing models, they will still be independent, which may not be what we want.

I did not have a chance to test special equipment.

From special skills, I did not use Fury of Khaine and Combat Movement (did not seem good enough to be used) and purposely avoided Counter Attack. I did not use Uraithen Master as much as I wanted and it was not so strong as I expected. I might be deadly with sufficient numbers, but I never managed to have it on more then one model. And, as usual, I was unable to replace lost RXBs. They prices are killers here even when it comes to effectiveness of special RXB skill. But I would say that Uraithen Master is OK. Combat Movement should be dropped (this will reduce skills to 6), Counter Attack can be replaced and Fury of Khaine might be replaced.

Soul Stealer looks strong, but with difficulty 9, the spell is hard to cast and once you encounter multiwound models, it does not win the fight anyway. It still gives those weak elves a chance to wound T5 resilient monsters, though. For risk of sending your academic model to the front line.So the spell is no game winner. It should stay as it is, with just slight rewording to clarify the mechanics.