XP campaign report

Discuss and participate in the development of the Mordheim Druchii warband here.

Moderators: Loflar, The Dread Knights

Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

XP campaign report

Post by Loflar »

We have started a new campaign, and I have decided to test Druchii XP.

1. Stop necromant against Lords of Quenelles
============================================
Noble Noshi, sword, RXB
Sorceress Wikimak, RXB, SoulStealer
Lordling Wematin, axe, RXB
Lordling Numees, axe, RXB
Beastmistress Keegsquaw, beastlash, RXB
Shade Nixcamich, bow
Three dogs

Rating 97

Lords of Quenelles is our warband of Chaos worshipping Bretonnians.
They came with three knights on horses, their servants and some serfs (weak and cheap henchmen).

Stop necromant is our scenario. There is tower in the middle of the table, which contains chanting necromant.
On each side of the tower (i.e. facing deployment zones) is a group of six zombies and one necromants apprentice.
Zombies will attack the warband on their side of the table. The apprentice will support them with necromantic spells.

I decided to stand and shoot at zombies, while brets went to beat them in close combat.
My shooting was not very effective - the one zombie OOA was raised again by the apprentice. As the zombies
approached, I sent two dogs around them to get the apprentice, which they managed. Then zombies attacked elves,
but with some luck, I finally beated them.

Meanwhile, knights of Quenelles killed their apprentice, left their peasants to deal with zombies (which was
by no means easy for them, as zombies rolled quite well - they even got one knight OOA), and dispatched the necromant.

Then the two knights attacked my to dogs, but did not manage to get them OOA - a nearby zombie then did it with one of them.
Then one of the knights attacked Wematin and stunned him, while the other again attacked the dog.

Almost everyone charged the attacking knight, Wikimak managed to roll the spell and sent him OOA. The remaining dogs
went OOA as well, though. The we both waited who will be the first to route, and it was I.

One of dogs died. Wikimak got +1S, Numees got +1BS. I bought a dog, a shade, and the missing equipment.
Last edited by Loflar on Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

2. Protect the Scientist against Ostland
=====================================
Noble Noshi, sword, RXB
Sorceress Wikimak, axe, RXB, S4, SoulStealer
Lordling Wematin, axe, RXB
Lordling Numees, axe, BS5, RXB
Beastmistress Keegsquaw, axe, beastlash, RXB
Shade Nixcamich, axe, bow
Shade Askuwheteau, axe, bow
Three dogs

Rating 114

Protect the Scientist is our adoption of Protect the Prince of Khemri.

Ostland came with four heroes, ogre, three jaeger and two ruffians. Its rating was 113, so they were defenders and I, with my ten elves, was expected to stop them from getting the scientist to table edge. Quite impossible task.

I split into two groups on opposite table edges.
A: Noshi, Wematin, Keegsquaw, two dogs
B: Wikimak, Numees, Nixcamich, Askuwheteau, a dog.

They decided to move out through group A. So the two dogs of A came forward to marchblock, Keegsquaw and Wematin ran for cover, Noshi went forward and shot. Group B mostly ran forward, only Numees went and shot. Numees sent a ruffian OOA.

Ostland moved and fired back. Keegsquaw went OOA. Priest of Taal tried to bring a house down on my dog, but did not succeed.

Dog charged the priest. Wematin moved to a place to shoot at the scientist, Noshi moved and shot at the ogre. Group B moved forward and shot. The other rufian went OOA.

Ostland Elder moved into front of the scientist, shot at wematin and missed. One blood-brother charged my fighting dog, ogre charged the other dog. Several models shot at Noshi and stunned him. Dog fighting the priest went OOA. The other bravely fought the ogre.

Wematin charged the Elder in hope that Ostland will fail the route test. Noshi recovered and moved to cover. Group B went forward and shot. No results.

Ostlanders charged my dog and Wematin. Both went OOA.

Then I routed.

Wematin is MIA, presumed dead (campaign rule, he is dead but I can try to save him in next battle), others survived. Keegsquaw got +1S, Nixcamich got +1I.

I rolled 556, which gave me ability to choose scenario next time, and 4 shards. I sold three of them.

Since I want to save the old lordling, I could no buy a new one, so I bought a Witch Elf.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

3. Save the hero against Xhotl
Noble Noshi, sword, RXB, helmet
Sorceress Wikimak, axe, RXB, S4, SoulStealer
Lordling Wematin, axe, RXB, separated from his equipment and bound to the altar
Lordling Numees, axe, BS5, RXB
Beastmistress Keegsquaw, axe, beastlash, RXB, S4
Shade Nixcamich, axe, bow, I7
Shade Askuwheteau, axe, bow
Witch Elf Makkitotosimew, poisoned axe
Three dogs

Rating 112

Save the hero is a scenario for saving killed heroes. There is 12" circle of trees, or just something, in the centre. It containst an altar, to which the hero is bound, a chest with his equipment,
magister with three chaotic spells, who will sacrifice the hero in turn 5, unless the ritual is interrupted, and three beasts of Chaos. The warband, which manages to contact the victim and get the model out of the circle, wins. The warband, which manages to carry the chest out of the circle, gets it.

Resistance army of Xhotl is our warband of Chaos hating lizardmen, limited to 15 members, with 5+ ward save available as a blessing of Xhotl. They had about 5 sauri (3 heroes, 2 henchmen) and 5 skinks (2 heroes, 3 henchmen).

I have sent Numees with Askuwheteau to the left wing and Noshi with Nixcamich to the right wing to provide fire support. The rest ran forward in the middle. Nixcamich shot at the closest beast and missed.

Lizardmen advanced right in the middle.

Magister casted Dark Blood on Nixcamich (he has range 18" in this scenario) and sent him OOA. He himself was stunned by the success.

Keegsquaw ran to Wematin to cut his bonds, surrounded by a bodyguard of her dogs. Noshi climbed on a building, while Numees failed to do that. Askuwheteau moved forward into a shooting position and so did Wikimak. After all the shooting, nothing changed.

Lizardmen attacked two beasts, magister, two of my dogs and Keegsquaw. Beasts were tough, though, and one of attacking sauri was stunned. My dogs went OOA, but the skink, attacking Keegsquaw, went OOA as well, being striked by her whip before he could attack. Magister also went OOA, which canceled the ritual.

The unengaged beast charged the skink which attacked my dog, and stunned him.

Wikimak and Makkitotosimew charged the beast which stunned the skink, Keegsquaw went for the chest, guarded by remaining dog, Wematin retreated and Numees finally climbed. Shooting did nothing, Wikimak did not cast her spell. But she was able to kill the beast anyway, as she is a strong girl.

Unengaged lizardmen charged the remaining beasts, my dog and Keegsquaw. One of beasts and Keegsquaw went OOA, my dog was stunned.

After the beast turn, I managed to pass the route test, moved Wematin out of the circle, and thus won. But the chest with the precious RXB was left there for vultures.

We agreed that this scenario need some more development.

All my models survived, Wematin was saved. Noshi got +1BS, Wikimak learned Witch Flight, Wematin learned Lightning Reflexes, Numees got +1Ld, and Askuwheteau became a hero. I decided to turn him into special academic, and he got +1BS. I rolled 234556 which gave me 6 shards and a map, allowing me
to choose the scenario next time. I sold all my 7 shards for 110 gc, bought RXB, helmet and sword for Wematin, poison for Makkitotosimew and a corsair.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

4. The Watchtower against Lizardmen
Noble Noshi, sword, RXB, helmet
Sorceress Wikimak, axe, RXB, S4, SoulStealer, Witch Flight
Lordling Wematin, sword, RXB, helmet, Lightning Reflexes
Lordling Numees, axe, RXB, BS5, Ld9
Beastmistress Keegsquaw, axe, beastlash, RXB, S4
Heroic Shade Askuwheteau, axe, bow, BS5
Corsair Rowtag, axe
Shade Nixcamich, axe, bow, I6
Witch Elf Makkitotosimew, poisoned axe
Three dogs

Rating 143

The Watchtower is a scenario from Fanatic Online article about Reikland. However, since this campaign is set in Lustria, the model of tower was replaced by model of Lustrian temple.

Lizards came with 4 sauri, 6 skinks, 3 snakes and an elf ranger.

I decided that the watchtower will be guarded by Noshi (just beside the fireplace on the top), Numees and Askuwheteau (guarding the stairs), Nixcamich, Rowtag and one dog (staying behind surrounding walls), while Wikimak, Wematin, Keegsquaw and Makkitotosimew will walk the remaining two dogs.

First turn, attackers start. Lizards moved forward into woods. their renegade elf climbed a rock and shot Noshi OOA.

In my turn, both Numees and Askuwheteau ran to the fireplace. My dog went forward to marchblock lizards.
One saurus was visible and Nixcamich missed him without problems.

Lizards moved to the edge of the wood and stunned the dog by their shooting. Their elf missed my heroes by the fireplace.

Numees lighted the fire and the rest of warband arrived. I placed them at left side of the table, where they could attack one sking and one snake, isolated from the rest.
Dogs charged the sking, Wikimak used Witch flight and charged the snake. The injured dog crawled a bit away from lizards.
Wikimak and dogs both managed to stun their victims.

Then the saurus champion bravely charged the lying dog, some skinks moved forward to shoot at pyramid defenders, some moved back to shoot at Wematin who was a bit separated from the rest, and the rest of my relief group was attended to by a skink with blunderbuss. The rest of the shooting did nothing, but the blunderbuss shot sent both dogs and Keegsquaw OOA.

Then I retreated.

Dogs survived, Noshi got multiple injuries resulting in missing eye, a leg wound, and missing the next battle, while Keegsquaw has Hand Injury.

I rolled 5532, resulting in 4 shards and another map, this time the one which allows me to reroll 3 dice after next game. I sold 3 shards and built 2 houses (campaign rule - the houses will
later allow me to have some employees, like healer).
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

5. Protecting the temple against Amazons
========================================
Noble Noshi, sword, RXB, helmet, M4
Sorceress Wikimak, axe, RXB, S4, SoulStealer, Witch Flight
Lordling Wematin, sword, RXB, helmet, Lightning Reflexes
Lordling Numees, axe, RXB, BS5, Ld9
Beastmistress Keegsquaw, axe, beastlash, RXB, S4, WS3, A2
Heroic Shade Askuwheteau, axe, bow, BS5
Corsair Rowtag, axe
Shade Nixcamich, axe, bow, I6
Witch Elf Makkitotosimew, poisoned axe, WS5
Three dogs

Rating 153

This battle was heavily influenced by campaign rules. The scenario is originally adapted from Warhammer Skirmish scenario, where participants battle for a control of a hill. Since
I have made encampment near the temple, the temple replaced the hill, and, as another difference from original, instead on deploying on my side of the table, I deployed on and around the temple. Further, since this was battle of my encampment, Noshi, who would otherwise miss this battle,
could participate, but with M halved and -1 to WS, BS and S.

So I put him aside behind a small building, because in his condition he was only marginally usable for shooting.
I put Numees on top of the pyramid, Rowtag, Wematin, Askwheteau and a dog to left side of the pyramid
and rest to the right side.

Amazons started behind a big building and went slowly forward from there.

There was a lot of careful manoeuvering, which basically costed Amazons the battle, because this scenario has a time limit. The battle was also a festival of bad rolls. Finally, when close combat
happened in two places, I lost Keegsquaw and two dogs and Amazons lost 6 models. So they retreated.

Keegsquaw and one dog died.

Noshi got +1BS, Wematin learned Infiltration, Numees learned Uraithen Master, Askuwheteau learned Haggle.
Rowtag got +1Ld and Nixcamich got talent. This campaign allows more then 6 heroes, provided, that only 6 of them participate. So I decided to make him a reserve hero.

I rolled 1244445, discarded "1" and the rest gave me 5 shards and 30 gc.

I bought a new shade, a new beastmistress and I also employed a healer. This meant additional expenses - accomodation for employees and reserve models is not free.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

6. Dem's my Gubbinz against Zombies of Vampire Coast
====================================================
Noble Noshi, sword, RXB, helmet, M4, BS5
Sorceress Wikimak, axe, RXB, S4, A2, SoulStealer, Witch Flight
Lordling Wematin, sword, RXB, helmet, Lightning Reflexes, Infiltration
Lordling Numees, axe, RXB, BS5, Ld9, Uraithen Master
Beastmistress Alsoomse, sword
Heroic Shade Askuwheteau, axe, bow, BS5, Haggle
Corsair Rowtag, axe, +1Ld
Shade Enkudabaoo, axe, bow
Witch Elf Makkitotosimew, axe, WS5
Two dogs

Reserve Heroic Shade Nixcamich, I6, Trick Shooter
Healer waiting in camp

Rating 149

Dem's my Gubbinz is a scenario from Lustria. The Pirate Zombies of Vampire Coast is our warband of zombies armed with stained guns and accompanied by undead dogs and lesser vampire.

Zombies came in number of 15, including three undead dogs. They had three blunderbusses and rating of 199.

So we had set up in opposing corners. I let Wematin infiltrate to get more gubbinz. This scenario was to my advantage, since elves are faster then zombies. Before it came to close combat, I collected 5 of 6 gubbinz and fired a lot of shots, whose only result was one dog knocked down.

They fired from two blunderbusses which costed me one dog. Then the vampire and dogs charged. They were not succesfull - Rowtag, attacked by vampire, was knocked down and Enkudabaoo, attacked by dogs,
managed to knock one of them down.

Then I tried to countercharge. Makkitotosimew charged the vampire, Alsoomse charged a dog, and my remaining dog bravely charged another undead dog. That was it. Wematin was too afraid to charge the undead dog,
which was knocked down, and Wikimak refused to participate as well. Nothing changed. Makkitotosimew managed to wound the vampire, but his heavy armour saved him. Rowtag was stunned.

After next zombies charged, Makkitotosimew and Rowtag went OOA and Alsoomse was knocked down.
So I retreated.

I lost, but I had all my heroes and most of gubbins, so the financial result was quite good (I rolled 123456...). Unfortunately, Rowtag and dog died.

Alsumse and Makkitotosimew got +1Ld, Askuwheteau and Enkudabaoo got +1BS, Nixcamich learned Eagle Eyes, and my healer in camp decided to stay with me for free, so I will not have to pay him his upkeep.

I paid a lot of money to healer, and he made a new eye for Noshi. I also bought a dog, a corsair and some black lotus.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

7. Catching Frogs against Beasts of Chaos
=========================================
Noble Noshi, sword, RXB, helmet, M4, BS6
Sorceress Wikimak, axe, RXB, S4, A2, SoulStealer, Witch Flight
Lordling Wematin, sword, RXB, helmet, Lightning Reflexes, Infiltration
Lordling Numees, axe, RXB with black lotus, BS5, Ld9, Uraithen Master
Beastmistress Alsoomse, sword, beastlash, Ld9
Heroic Shade Askuwheteau, axe, bow, BS6, Haggle
Corsair Togquos, axe
Shade Enkudabaoo, axe, bow, BS5
Witch Elf Makkitotosimew, axe, WS5, LD9
Two dogs

Reserve Heroic Shade Nixcamich, I6, Trick Shooter, Eagle Eyes
Healer waiting in camp

Rating 164

Catching Frogs is our scenario, similar to Wyrdstone Hunt. The main difference is, that frogs keep leaping randomly around until caught.

Beasts came in full strength, complemented by a wardog and two goblin hired swords (the unofficial lantern bearer
and hunter - our creation).

I deployed my fire support (Noshi, Numees, Askuwheteau, Enkudabaoo) close to buildings, the rest in a loose group in the middle of my deployment zone. Wematin infiltrated close to one frog.

After a frog turn, in which one of them jumped happily to meet the beasts, Wematin ran to catch one and Wikimak caught another one with Witch Flight.

Beasts also caught two frogs, which got them dangerously close.

Wematin retreated, dogs with Alsoomse moved to cover him. Wikimak was also retreating. My heroic shooters
climbed on positions. Then I unleashed all my firepower, and did not hit a single target.

Beasts charged, but not very succesfully. Both my dogs held their ground - one was knocked down and one even stunned
the wardog which attacked him.

I decided that I can not win and that Alsoomse must be sacrificed to save my frogs. Alsoomse charged
the stunned wardog (and of course took him OOA), my free dog and Enkudabaoo came to save my other dog, but with no effect.
Togquos and Makkitotosimew charged a lone chaos dog in another sid of the table and managed
to knock him down. However, during shooting phase, Numees shot a chaos dog and the gublin hunter OOA.

Centigor charged Makkitotosimew, shaman charged Togquos, rest of beasts charged the group around my dogs.
Makkitotosimew, both dogs, Enkudabaoo and Alsoomse went OOA. I retreated.

No one died. Wikimak learned Lightning Reflexes, Alsoomse learned Step Aside, Wematin, Askuwheteau
and Nixcamich got +1BS, Numees got +1I, Togquos got +1Ld.

I rolled 12566, which gave me 5 shards and 4 gc for selling a ritual dagger. Then I bought another corsair,
some black lotus and paid my healer to heal Noshi's leg.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

8. Protect the find against Quenelles
Noble Noshi, sword, RXB, helmet, BS6, Survival of the Fittest
Sorceress Wikimak, axe, RXB, S4, A2, SoulStealer, Witch Flight, Lightning Reflexes
Lordling Wematin, sword, RXB, helmet, BS5, Lightning Reflexes, Infiltration
Lordling Numees, axe, RXB with black lotus, BS5, Ld9, I7, Uraithen Master
Beastmistress Alsoomse, sword, beastlash, Ld9, Step Aside
Heroic Shade Askuwheteau, axe, bow, BS7, Haggle
Corsair Togquos, axe, Ld9
Shade Enkudabaoo, axe, bow, BS5
Witch Elf Makkitotosimew, axe with black lotus, WS5, LD9
Two dogs

Reserve Heroic Shade Nixcamich, I6, BS5, Trick Shooter, Eagle Eyes
Healer waiting in camp

Rating 192 (Rating of Quenelles was 291)

From the beginning, it was clear that I can not win. I was outnumbered, and so to win, Quenelles only needed to move forward and reach the distance of 6" of my defended building.

To further complicate situation, in their first turn, they shot Noshi OOA. I returned the fire, and Numees managed to shoot OOA their hired Dark Elf Scout. One of my dogs moved forward to marchblock.

In their turn, two mounted knights disposed of my dog and the rest moved forward. Their shooting had no effect. I knew that I am losing, so I charged one knight with my remaining dog. This dog went OOA as well. Then they shot Askuwheteau OOA
and I retreated.

Askuwheteau died, Noshi and dogs recovered. Wikimak got +1A, Wematin learned Excelent Sight, Numees got +1BS, Alsoomse learned to Leap, Nixcamich got +1A, both Togquos and Huritt got +1I, Makkitotosimew got +1BS. Enkudabaoo got talent and learned Haggle and Master of Poisons.

I rolled 23466, which gave me 5 shards and 4 gc, 3 shards were in the find and one in my reserve, so I sold 7 of them. Enkudabaoo made two doses of Dark Venom.

I have bought a new shade, RXB for Nixcamich, Dark Steel axe for Wikimak and black lotus for Makkitotosimew.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

9. Catching Frogs against Ostland
Noble Noshi, sword, RXB with Dark Venom, helmet, BS6, Survival of the Fittest
Sorceress Wikimak, axe, RXB, S4, A3, SoulStealer, Witch Flight, Lightning Reflexes
Lordling Wematin, sword, RXB, helmet, BS5, Lightning Reflexes, Infiltration, Excelent Sight
Lordling Numees, axe, RXB with Dark Venom, BS5, Ld9, I7, Uraithen Master
Beastmistress Alsoomse, sword, beastlash, Ld9, Step Aside, Leap
Heroic Shade Enkudabaoo, axe, RXB, BS5, Haggle, Master of Poisons
Corsair Togquos, axe, Ld9, I6
Corsair Huritt, axe, I6
Shade Mekledoodum, axe, bow, BS4
Witch Elf Makkitotosimew, axe with black lotus, WS5, LD9, BS4
Two dogs

Reserve Heroic Shade Nixcamich, I6, BS5, A2, Trick Shooter, Eagle Eyes
Healer waiting in camp

Rating 216

Wematin infiltrated to a hidden place in front of one building, close to one frog. The rest was set up in dispersed line.

Frogs went first and generally moved to me (i.e. out of Wematin's reach). Most of my models ran forward, Wematin climbed on his building and hided there, Noshi and Enkudabaoo moved to a ruin I wanted to use as a shooting platform. Numees tried to catch a frog but it jumped away. Ostland moved forward.

I also moved forward, again tried to catch some frogs, with limited success. Generally, catching frogs in this battle was very hard. Noshi and Enkudabaoo spent most of the battle trying to catch one of them, and even Ostland, after reaching them, had it hard to catch some.

After Ostland moved, Kislev ranger and one jaeger climbed on Wematin's ruin and tried to shoot him, but missed, and one of their ogres got in charge range of Makkitotosimew. Therefore, she charged him, along with Huritt, while the other ogre was charged by a dog and Togquos, with moral support of Alsumse, who herself did not dare. Wikimak with the other dog charged a jaeger. Wematin charged Kislev ranger.

Wikimak stunned the jaeger and dog sent him OOA. Makkitotosimew with Huritt managed to knock their ogre down, but Togquos was stunned. Wematin missed the ranger and she missed as well.

A ruffian charged Makkitotosimew, jaeger charged Wikimak, another jaeger charged Wematin and two jaegers charged a dog. Makkitotosimew was sent OOA, Wikimak easily disposed of her attacker, the dog bravely fought on and Wematin sent the ranger OOA.

Wikimak charged a blood-brother with blunderbuss, Alsumse charged the ogre beating Togquos and Mekledoodum charged one of jaegers fighting with my remaining dog. Alsumse was knocked down, Wikimak knocked down the blood-brother using Soul Stealer, Wematin went OOA and Huritt did not manage to wound his ogre.

Wikimak was charged by Elder and talented jaeger, Mekledoodum was also charged by some models. Elder went OOA, and so did dog, Mekledoodum and Huritt and Togquos. Then I routed.

Wematin got chest wound, but I paid my healer enough to heal him again. Both corsairs and both dogs died, Makkitotosimew and Mekledoodum recovered.

For searching, I rolled 13556, which gave me sword, dagger and 5 shards.

Noshi and Enkudabaoo got +1BS, Wematin and Numees got +1Ld, Wikimak got +1I. I bought two dogs and corsair.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

10. Hunting Cold Ones against Xhotl
Noble Noshi, sword, RXB with Dark Venom, helmet, BS7, Survival of the Fittest
Sorceress Wikimak, darksteel axe, RXB, S4, A3, I6, SoulStealer, Witch Flight, Lightning Reflexes
Lordling Wematin, sword, RXB, helmet, BS5, Ld9, Lightning Reflexes, Infiltration, Excelent Sight
Lordling Numees, sword, RXB, helmet, BS6, Ld10, I7, Uraithen Master
Beastmistress Alsoomse, sword, beastlash, helmet, Ld9, Step Aside, Leap
Heroic Shade Enkudabaoo, axe, RXB, BS6, Haggle, Master of Poisons
Corsair Aranck, axe
Shade Mekledoodum, axe, bow
Witch Elf Makkitotosimew, axe with black lotus, WS5, LD9, BS4
Two dogs

Reserve Heroic Shade Nixcamich, axe, bow, I6, BS5, A2, Trick Shooter, Eagle Eyes
Healer waiting in camp

Rating 215

There was 8 cold ones.

In first turn, I did nothing except shooting. One went OOA, one was knocked down and one stunned. Wikimak then took the stunned one out using Witch Flight.

Lizardmen took out 2 cold ones, one by shooting and one in close combat. One was attacked but with no result.

Then, the two remaining cold ones charged, one of them at some saurus and one stunned Wikimak.

Alsoomse with one dog charged the cold one attacking Wikimak, the other dog charged the other cold one. My other combat models were not in range, so they just moved forward.
My shooting heroes then managed to wound some skinks, but none of them went OOA, because Xhotl heroes have a ward save. Alsoomse took the cold one OOA while the lone dog was unsuccesfully fighting the other cold one.

Lizardmen finished their cold ones and moved forward. They attempted to return my fire but did not hit.

Aranck and Makkitotosimew charged the remaining cold one and Aranck took it OOA.

Wematin shot at lone skink, but did not get through ward save. Other shooting was also without success.

Xhotl moved forward. Their priest stunned Wematin with a spell.

Makkitotosimew had to charge a saurus, so she did it with support of one dog. The other dog moved to cover Wematin. Aranck charged the skink priest and Wikimak charged a saurus. Wikimak took the saurus OOA and Aranck wounded the priest (but he was W2). Makkitotosimew was stunned.

Big charge from lizardmen. Wematin, both dogs, Wikimak and Makkitotosimew went OOA and Mekledoodoom was shot OOA by elf ranger. So I retreated.

Wikimak and Wematin died and I am going to save them in some future battle. One dog died as well.

Noshi got +1WS, Alsoomse got +1W, Enkudabaoo and Nixcamich learned Uraithen Master, Aranck got +1A, Mekledoodoom +1S and Makkitotosimew +1I. I found 4 shards (rolled 1445) and got some money for killed cold ones,
which allowed me to buy RXB for Nixcamich and a corsair into Aranck's group.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

11. Statue of Gork against Beasts of Chaos
===========================================
Noble Noshi, sword, RXB, helmet, BS7, WS6, Survival of the Fittest
Lordling Numees, sword, RXB, helmet, BS6, Ld10, I7, Uraithen Master
Beastmistress Alsoomse, sword, beastlash, helmet, Ld9, W2, Step Aside, Leap
Heroic Shade Enkudabaoo, axe, RXB, helmet, BS6, Haggle, Master of Poisons, Uraithen Master
Heroic Shade Nixcamich, axe, RXB with Dark Venom, I6, BS5, A2, Trick Shooter, Eagle Eyes, Uraithen Master
Healer[*]
Corsairs Aranck and Chogan, axe, A2
Shade Mekledoodum, axe, bow, +1S
Witch Elf Makkitotosimew, axe with black lotus, WS5, LD9, BS4, I6
Two dogs

Rating 219

[*]: I never considered it important enough to mention, but employees develop as well. Since I bought him, the healer was accepted as warband member, and later became hero.
He also got some advances. And because campaign rules require players to use maximum of models according to standard rules, I now had to put the healer on table,
because is my sixth hero.

Beasts came with cca 20 models, including two hired goblins and cursed hillman, rating 321.

Statue of Gork is essentially skirmish, which has a statue in the middle of table. Effect of statue is, that every model, which can charge, must do so, and every model hates enemy. Also, model touching the statue can cast a spell, which works like S4 catapult.

In other words, I could not win.

So beasts went forward, I was shooting a bit, after the spell, Makkitotosimew went OOA, then my dogs had to charge, one chaos dog went OOA and Nixcamich shot another one,
then beasts charged, both my dogs and both my corsairs went OOA and then I retreated.

Fortunately, all my models survived.

Numees got +1W, Alsoomse and Nixcamich learned Fey Quickness, Enkudabaoo learned Wyrdstone Hunter,
Nixcamich further learned master of Poisons, corsairs got +1S and Mekledoodoom got +1Ld.

I rolled 653333, rerolled 3 to 1, because 333 is a free hired sword in this campaign, and got a shade scout. Then I rolled one more die, available as a result of "44" from previous battle, got 6 and exchanged it for the "1". Then I bought a cookbook and another shade.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

12. Stop necromancer against Lizardmen
===========================================
Noble Noshi, sword, RXB with Dark Venom, helmet, cookbook, BS7, WS6, Survival of the Fittest
Lordling Numees, sword, RXB with Black Lotus, helmet, BS6, Ld10, I7, W2, Uraithen Master
Beastmistress Alsoomse, sword, beastlash, helmet, Ld9, W2, Step Aside, Leap, Fey Quickness
Heroic Shade Enkudabaoo, axe, RXB, helmet, BS6, Haggle, Master of Poisons, Uraithen Master, Wyrdstone Hunter
Heroic Shade Nixcamich, axe, RXB with Dark Venom, I6, BS5, A2, Trick Shooter, Eagle Eyes, Uraithen Master, Master of Poisons, Fey Quickness
Healer
Corsairs Aranck and Chogan, axe, A2, S4
Shade Mekledoodum, axe, bow, S4, Ld9
Shade Panuwau, dagger, bow
Witch Elf Makkitotosimew, axe with black lotus, WS5, LD9, BS4, I6
Two dogs
Shade Scout Kestejoo

Rating 272
As in the first battle, both sides needed to get through six zombies and apprentice and then kill the necromancer before he finishes his ritual.

My opposition this time was a group of 20 lizardmen (including kroxigor) and elf ranger. Rating about 340. But I have spent all the battle with zombies...

I decided to shoot the zombies and their apprentice and then, if possible, get to necromancer. So I deployed most of my warband to right side, close to a hill, while Alsoomse with her dogs started on left side with plan to go around zombies and get to tower.

My first turn of shooting did nothing. On the other side of the table, lizardmen shot three zombies OOA.

Second turn, I sent one zombie and the apprentice OOA. Makkitotosimew, eager for some action, charged a zombie. Lizardmen killed rest of their zombies.

Third turn. Zombies sent Makkitotosimew OOA. Shooting knocked some zombies down. Alsoomse with dogs got ready to charge the necromancer. Lizardmen knocked Alsoomse down by shooting.

Fourth turn. My corsairs charge zombies, one zombie goes OOA. Alssomse is jumping out of lizardmen's way. Corsairs sent OOA by zombies. One dog charges lizardmen to go OOA so I could retreat, but lizardmen fail to wound him/

Fifth turn. Lizardmen kill the necromancer. My healer is finally persuaded to attack a zombie, zombie goes OOA (A2, S4). Lizardmen finally send my dog OOA so I could retreat.

Makkitotosimew and both dogs died.

I rolled 643111 and after rerolls and turning one die made it into 664321, which gave me 5 shards and 2 gc.

Noshi learned Uraithen Master, Numees learned Survival of the Fittest, Alsoomse got +1S, Enkudabaoo learned Fey Quickness, Mekledoodoom got +1BS and Panuwau got +1I. Kestejoo learned to be loyal, so he is effectively member of my warband.

I bought two dogs and helmet for Nixcamich. And I hired a pit fighter.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

13. No one gets left behind against Zombies of Vampire Coast
============================================================
Noble Noshi, sword, RXB, helmet, cookbook, BS7, WS6, Survival of the Fittest, Uraithen Master
Lordling Numees, sword, RXB, helmet, BS6, Ld10, I7, W2, Uraithen Master, Survival of the Fittest
Beastmistress Alsoomse, sword, beastlash, helmet, Ld9, W2, S4, Step Aside, Leap, Fey Quickness
Heroic Shade Enkudabaoo, axe, RXB, helmet, BS6, Haggle, Master of Poisons, Uraithen Master, Wyrdstone Hunter, Fey Quickness
Heroic Shade Nixcamich, axe, RXB with Dark Venom, I6, BS5, A2, Trick Shooter, Eagle Eyes, Uraithen Master, Master of Poisons, Fey Quickness
Healer
Corsairs Aranck and Chogan, axe, A2, S4
Shade Mekledoodum, axe, bow, S4, Ld9, BS5
Shade Panuwau, dagger, bow, I6
Loyal Shade Scout Kestejoo
Two dogs
Pit Fighter

Rating 303

This is a hero saving scenario. Defender controls a prison, containing 6 models (some of them the heroes being saved), attacker needs to get them out. Defender has less terrain features on his side of table.

So I started, my combat models went forward, shoters climbed into positions. Zombies waited hidden behind low walls. I send Alsoomse with dogs on flank to get around zombies and open the prison.

Kestejoo moved forward to uncover hidden models. My shooters started to shoot at vampire. Hitting was not a problem, but wounding T4 model in heavy armour and shield, immune to poisons and equipped with lucky charms was.

Then unded shot back. Kestejoo went OOA after being shot from a hochland rifle, and pit fighter became favoured target for their blunderbusses.

I continued shooting on undead, while Alsoomse with dogs moved forward in cover. I managed to get one zombie OOA.

Then the frenzied vampire charged Mekledoodoom and I knew that it is over. Mekledoodoom went OOA, of course. I charged vampire with one corsair (the other one did not see him) and my combat healer. One dog charged an undead dog and the other attack the prison in a symbolic attempt to gnaw his way through the wall (2 wounds to T 4 needed for that). The undead dog went OOA. Vampire had lightning reflexes. Corsair was knocked down and healer went OOA.

Then there were some charges of undead, and finally, with 7 models OOA, I retreated.

Kestejoo died, healer has -1M and others (both corsairs, both dogs, Mekledoodoom) survived.

I found 5 shards and used most of the income to buy my two heroes out of the prison. Then I paid upkeep for pit fighter and that was all.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

13. No one gets left behind against Zombies of Vampire Coast
============================================================
Noble Noshi, sword, RXB with Dark Venom, helmet, cookbook, BS7, WS6, Survival of the Fittest, Uraithen Master
Sorceress Wikimak, darksteel axe, RXB, S4, A3, I6, SoulStealer, Witch Flight, Lightning Reflexes
Lordling Wematin, sword, RXB with Dark Venom, helmet, BS5, Ld9, Lightning Reflexes, Infiltration, Excelent Sight
Lordling Numees, sword, RXB with Dark Venom, helmet, BS6, Ld10, I7, W2, Uraithen Master, Survival of the Fittest
Beastmistress Alsoomse, sword, beastlash, helmet, Ld9, W2, S4, Step Aside, Leap, Fey Quickness
Heroic Shade Enkudabaoo, axe, RXB with Dark Venom, helmet, BS7, Haggle, Master of Poisons, Uraithen Master, Wyrdstone Hunter, Fey Quickness
Corsairs Aranck and Chogan, axe, A2, S4, I6
Shade Mekledoodum, axe, bow, S4, Ld9, BS5
Shade Panuwau, dagger, bow, I6
Pit Fighter Felix Inho
Two dogs
Pit Fighter

Not participating:
Healer

Rating 310

In this scenario, defender deploys around and in a pub in the middle of the table, while attacker deploys at most 6" from one side of the table. Attacker tries to get to the pub and set it on fire, while defender has to stop it for 8 turns.

I was defender, so I put my four shooters behind windows on the first floor, while other models deployed around the pub. Amazons started in two groups on one side of the table.

I was trying to marchblock them with dogs and shoot them, they were trying to advance and return fire.

They shot one of my dogs, I shot one of Amazons in a turn, in which, among other funny things, one of my models, who had 3 shots with 2+ to hit and 3+ to wound, rolled 1,1,2,1...

One of their groups was inside building, and outside I had my pit fighter, corsair and my sorceress was also in reach.
The corsair saw the women inside, so he charged them. Pit fighter failed the initiative roll and sorceress did not manage to cast Witchflight she needed to get in contact.
Corsair sent one girl OOA, then he was charged and my sorceress was shot OOA.

And so on. Finally, when I had 7 models OOA and Amazons 6, they failed the rout test.

Wikimak, Aranck and one dog died. Numees, Mekledoodoom, Panuwau and Felix recovered.

Noshi got +1S, Nixcamich learned Survival of the Fittest and Felix got +1I.

The campaign is essentially over now, at least its regular part, so some general evaluation is in order.

In this campaign, I had extraordinarily high hero mortality. 40% of heroes OOA died. Mortality of henchmen and hired swords was below average: 28%. However, the campaign had built-in insurance system, which allowed me to cope with that.
(The rule that I could have heroes over 6 meant, that when a henchman got talent, it was essentially lost, but could be used again if needed.) Chance to save dead hero also helped.
I was also able to heal wound roughly for a cost of one henchman per operation. All together it meant that for some extra expenses I was able to keep experience
and sometimes equipment of dead heroes.

Fey Acuity finally allowed me to have a balanced budget. This was my first campaign with Druchii, in which I was able to replace lost RXB's. I think that this one more shard nicely balances high price of models and makes them usable as they are.

Corsairs were without any special rules now, and they were reasonable available and usable fighting models. Witch Elves worked well and their poison was available for an affordable price. Unfortunately, I never rolled 6 to hit for the poisoned axe...
Dogs worked also well. Their special rule never came into effect. I wanted to use it once to charge a necromant, but had to abandon the plan. But I was using them as normal dogs
and it worked.

I only gave Excellent Sight skill to one model, and IMHO it was enough. Elves don't really need it on every model.

Survival of the Fittest skill never got into effect. The only effect it had was taking away one skill slot from affected heroes. I think that it is OK.

In this campaign, my elves developped into The Ultimate Shooting Army of Doom - I had models hitting on 2+ with 3 shots with S4 (because of poison). It was just about enough to defeat Amazons who were beaten most of the campaign. These shooting heroes had almost no defensive skills and Numees was shot OOA by a halfling cook. Which leads me to conclusion, that chance of having such a combination of shooting skills after 14 battles is no sign of being overpowered.

A big weakness these elves still have is lack of high strength attacks. This is visible especially when meeting undead, who are immune to poison. There is little to do about it in shooting department, but I will consider introducing Draich to their equipment list. We are running a parallel campaign in which we have warband of swordmasters of Yvresse. So I will look at them for inspiration.

But generally, I think tthat this warband works well. Finally.