Draich for Druchii warband

Discuss and participate in the development of the Mordheim Druchii warband here.

Moderators: Loflar, The Dread Knights

Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Draich for Druchii warband

Post by Loflar »

For a long time, there were queries for executioner-type character. Currently, I am more or less happy with the way this warband works (just waiting for one campaign to finish), and I am considering one last addition - the Draich.

Aside of abovementioned requirements, one of big weaknesses of this warband is a lack of high strength attacks. While poisons do help (unless meeting undead), this T3 12-model warband is still completely outclassed when meeting dedicated close combat enemy, like beasts or posessed.

True, Druchii have GW available as a weapon choice, but there is the silly rule that GW always loses initiative, which completely negates its usability to an elf.

I have seen an Yvresse warband, which, in addition to elven two-handed sword, able to parry, also had a skill, effectively equivalent to Strongman. I remember that there was some opposition to introducing another skill (Fearsome equivalent) and the argument was, that strength skills are not for elves.

OK, so I have this idea

Draich, Druchii two-handed sword. Rare 8, price 20 - 30 gc.
Does not lose initiative, adds +2 S

Or, alternatively, does not lose initiative, adds +1 S and +2 to injury roll.

Or, as a power option, Rare 10, price about 40 - 50 gc, does not lose initiative, adds +2 S and +1 to injury roll.

Any opinions?
Beldayne
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Beldayne »

its a good idea and something i'd like to see added, but i think too many bonuses would make it a bit OP. i am starting a Mordheim league with the intent to try out some house rulings. i think i will try a 2 handed sword with a bonus to injury roll. maybe see what to try from there.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

Yes, our gaming group also agreed that more simple solution is probably better. So it seems that Draich will simply be two-handed sword, Rare 8, 20 gc, which does not lose initiative. Of course, there si a potential problem built in. If Mordheim rules ever get fixed and great weapons will be brought in line with Warhammer 6 or 7 rules, bonus of draich will get really small. But for now, it at least allows elves to use a weapon which is otherwise unusable without Strongman skill.
Beldayne
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Beldayne »

i would like to see some revisions to mordheim to bring it more inline with 7th ed. fantasy rules, hatred would help so much. i'm also thinking that there should be some thought to adding units to the warband that don't directly exist in the druchii army. most of the warbands in the main rule book don't have equivalent soldiers in the appropriate armies. they have similar, but not directly. ie: no sisters of sigmar at all, no darksouls in chaos, i'm sure there are a few more, but its kinda late for me. i would kind of like to see the desciple of khaine from warhammer online. maybe more critters?
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

Beldayne wrote:there should be some thought to adding units to the warband that don't directly exist in the druchii army. most of the warbands in the main rule book don't have equivalent soldiers in the appropriate armies. they have similar, but not directly. ie: no sisters of sigmar at all, no darksouls in chaos, i'm sure there are a few more, but its kinda late for me. i would kind of like to see the desciple of khaine from warhammer online. maybe more critters?

Well, there are no limits to creativity ;-)

This warband development started with aim to bring Druchii from Lustria into balance with standard warbands and possibly make SG to make them official. The latter aim did not succeed, the former (hopefully) yes.

I consider this a "vanilla" Druchii warband. There were plans to create also Cult of Pleasure warband and Shades warband, but I want to have the basic one finished first. The other ones should be based on the basic one, to keep them consistent.
Beldayne
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Beldayne »

i do like the list here. i am hoping it works well, i played the list from lustria and was rather dissapointed in it. the only problem i have with the warband is the lack of toughness, which i found to be the most important stat in game.

i would consider the list finished. not really much i can see changing with it. i just think out loud alot, hoping maybe some of my ideas might spake ideas in someone else.