the hand of nightshade

Discuss and participate in the development of the Mordheim Druchii warband here.

Moderators: Loflar, The Dread Knights

Beldayne
Slave (off the Altar)

the hand of nightshade

Post by Beldayne »

so, i'm starting a new mordheim league with some friends, this is my warband to start

Khadath Sarath
Noble, sea dragon cloak, repeater crossbow, sword, dagger

Sariabh Arkhankarn
lordling, repeater crossbow, sword, dagger

Senlu Sarath
lordling, repeater crossbow, sword, dagger

Harath Sarath
beatsmistress, sword, dagger, beastlash

Khlarkae
3 Corsairs, spears, shields

warband rating 75

any thoughts, comments? the plan is to send the corsairs forward and shield the shooters. i'm planning on introducing a house rule eliminating the friendly units blocking shooting rule. i find it hinders shooting far too much, hopefully it won't be too OP.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Re: the hand of nightshade

Post by Loflar »

Beldayne wrote: i'm planning on introducing a house rule eliminating the friendly units blocking shooting rule. i find it hinders shooting far too much, hopefully it won't be too OP.

I don't recommend doing that. This will give shooty warbands ability to pick enemy heroes easily. And make no mistake. Druchii are not a shooty warband. At least not in the beginning and not when compared to Reikland or Averland.

On your warband. Corsairs with shield and speer indicate that you plan to be charged. With M5, you should be able to be the one charging. Otherwise, I would probably sacrifice the SDC and some swords for more RXBs, because they will get more expensive later. A slavehound as a marchblocker and canine shield would help as well.

Please, post here how your warband works in the league. I am planning to finally make the 1.0 version, so any input is useful. It would be especially helpful if you managed to test the draich, probably in version 1 (i.e. two-handed sword, rare 8, price 20, +2S, does not strike last).
Beldayne
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Beldayne »

the reason i plan on trying it is when i played before, noone ever took ranged weapons because you didn't want the shooty guys up front, but they have to be in order to get any shots in. i'll be trying alot of different things out, i will deffinately let you know how well it works. i also figured on the druchii being more shooty to start because they have a very good BS, and RXBs with multiple shots vs members with lower T. i'll keep your advice in mind while playing, possibly restart the warband if my first version doesn't pan out.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

Sorry, I have read it wrong. I thought that you want to eliminate the rule forcing models on ground level to shoot at nearest enemy.

Our approach to obstructing friendly models is, that if the shooting model is immediately behind the "human shield", i.e. "in next rank", the shield is not an obstruction. Otherwise, if there is a friendly model between shooting model and target, you can still shoot, but if you miss by 1, you hit your friendly model. I usually decide not to shoot in such situation, but I don's think that my shooting is hindered by friendly models. Sometimes yes, but generally no.

Well, Druchii can develop to shooty warband. Yes, they start with BS 4, but with the usual penalties and another penalty for multishot, they cannot do much. Add to it short range of RXB, its high price and high price of models, and in early games, any human warband will probably outshoot you. At least those with access to long bow. However, when your heroes get to BS 5 or 6 and accumulate some skills (Uraithen Master, Eagle Eye, Trick Shooter, Master of Poisons) the shooting can really become deadly.
Beldayne
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Beldayne »

i'll keep that ruling in mind. i like it, but i'd like to try mine out first. if its too much, i will deffinately change it. an other house rulings you use? looking for more ideas, but most of the people in the group i am forming haven't played mordheim or any other GW game, so i can't really ask them.

i bought the RXBs at the start mostly cause they are cheaper. i just hope my devious plans come to fruition.