Fluff for Mordheim

Discuss and participate in the development of the Mordheim Druchii warband here.

Moderators: Loflar, The Dread Knights

Tal_1173
Warrior

Fluff for Mordheim

Post by Tal_1173 »

What do you think?

The noble family of Oussrae is far removed from the ruling families of Ulthuan and are secret members of the pleasure cults that worship Khaine the Lord of Murder. At one point a foolish member of the family, Nathavin, revealed our allegiance to a lover of his. Once this breach of secrecy was discovered, he was ordered to kill her and anyone else she may have revealed the family's secret. Nath was then exiled from Ulthuan for one hundred years. He was allowed to take one ship, a small complement of warriors and told to bring back riches or never return. His so called crimes were pinned on the son of the family's rivals. The neighboring families were told that Nath was distraught at the death of his beloved and he wished to seek peace on the waves.

Five years after the exile, Nath's ship floundered on unseen/uncharted rocks off the coast of the Empire. Only five members of his crew were known to have survived, and were able to gather a limited amount of supplies. Nath was wearing his two ancient swords and his father's gift of a sea dragon cloak when the ship was damaged. He was now accompanied by a sorceress's apprentice, two lower house cousins, and a strange older man with a parentage unknown to Nath. Other members of his crew may have survived, but the wreckage of the ship was spread over a very large area considering the powerful currents in the area.

The five began exploring the area while Nath tried to come up with a plan to gather enough funds to purchase a ship and to return with the riches commanded by his family. Numerous human settlements were past. Finally a city of notable size was found. Here the story of how their ship floundered and they found themselves on these strange shores was truthfully told. The humans were duped in helping the group with very little trouble. The then group began to hear rumors of a ruined city called Mordheim...
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

Why not? The only problem I see is in the first sentence, because, unless fluff has changed in 8th edition, dark elves do not come from Ulthuan and pleasure cults worship Slaanesh. Though those more modest might prefer Liadriel.
Tal_1173
Warrior

Hmmm...

Post by Tal_1173 »

Well maybe my information is incorrect. I would love to be corrected!

I was told that Morheim occurs 500 years or so before the sundering of the elven races. I will reread the version 7 book, but I thought it spoke of Khaine as one of the Gods worshiped by the pleasure cults that arose in the Elf homeland. Slaneesh was either too sneaky to be identified at these early stages, and/or his(?) priests were sneaky enough to keep the real object of worship hidden.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Khaine is one of the darker gods, but his worship has since become differentiated in Naggaroth from that other the others. I don't know much Mordeheim fluff but I do know that it is set during the time of the empire, a few hundred years before 'present' fluff (i.e. the reign of Karl Franz). Since the sundering took place before the time of Sigmar by quite some way you’re Druchii war band would be from Naggaroth.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

Yes, Mordheim is not 500 years before Sundering, but 500 years before Warhammer.
Tal_1173
Warrior

Wow... ok then.

Post by Tal_1173 »

Ok, that is very helpful! This gets much easier for me. Now I just come with some reason for my noble to be in trouble and he gets temporarily exiled.

Can someone explain to me why Dark Elves not "allowed" in Mordheim then? Is it just the distance?
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

AFAIK it's just GW... Well, OK, Mordheim is deep in Empire, so it might be difficult to reach for elven party. But so it should for beastmen, let alone Amazons. And vice versa, if Empire cannot stop a party of orcs, why should elves not get through?

Another point is, that you don't necessarily have to play Mordheim (the game system) in Mordheim (the city).

And, of course, as long as players can justify it... this is fantasy, and there is no reason why a party of lizardmen could not get to Empire by a magic portal.
Durzod
Corsair

Post by Durzod »

As I recall, Mordheim is a port city. So just about anything could slip in. Of course some warbands find life a bit easier in Mordheim than others.

In our current campaign, I'm running a Druchii warband led by two brothers who are in exile because one has shown magical ability. Because of this, we've decided that I won't take in any dark elf hired swords (don't trust them not to carry tales). My ultimate goal is to hire an elf ranger...and kill him!
The pellet with the poison's in the.Vessel with the Pestle.
The Chalice from the Palace has the brew that is true.
-------------------------------------------------------
Nowhere in the rules does it say that Giant's CAN'T fly.