Warband Karrond Kar Slavers

Discuss and participate in the development of the Mordheim Druchii warband here.

Moderators: Loflar, The Dread Knights

El_jairo
Trainee Warrior

Warband Karrond Kar Slavers

Post by El_jairo »

Hey everybody,

I must say Mordheim is my favourite game of GW's SG together with Blood Bowl. And of course my primary race is DE in both games.

So I'm having a lot of fun with the Druchii XP warband.

So far the Slavers have fought 5 battle and these are the house rules we apply.

Light and heavy armour gets +1 armour save.
Dual wielding inflicts -1 to hit but Ambidextrous combat skill overcomes this.
Poison doesn't infer AS mod.
Clubs lose concussion and gain breakable special rule. Slings are also breakable.
Breakable weapons are lost on a 1 after battle.
Spear gains 1 bonus attack if charged when not engaged before normal melee.
Parry save is at to hit -1.
Minimal exploration dice is 3d6.
And an alternative critical table.

Here is the lot: Warband Rating 181
HEROES
Afaky Angrytouch (Noble) XP 33, Sword, R-Xbow, R&H, Lucky Charm LC, Rabbits Foot RF, LA, Shield, Helmet; Dark Venom DV
+BS, Uraithen Master, Tactician

Neranooh Earthfalcon, (Lordling) XP 12, Sword, R-Xbow, Axe, Helmet
-WS, Master of Poisons

Ikoreriz Stronghunter (Lordling) XP 18, Sword, Axe, R-Xbow, R&H, RF, LA, Shield, Helmet; DV
+BS +S, Uraithen Master

Eleiz Wararrow (Sorceress) XP 22, Sword, Bow, RF
+I, Soulstealer 9, Death Spams 9, Doombolt 8

Dibav Wisebat (Beastmaster) XP 22, Beastlash, Axe, R-Xbow, RF, LA, Shield, Helmet
+2I, +S, Master of Poisons

Dilakob Tearrod (Shade) XP 5, Sword, Axe, R-Xbow, RF, LA, Helmet; DV
+BS, +A

HENCHMEN

1 Shade XP 6, Axe, Bow
+S, +Ld

2 Witches XP 3, Sword, Black Lotus
+A

2 Slave Hounds

My strategy is to go for higher shooting positions with the help of Tactician and Rope & Hook.
I have 2x Master of Poison to feed the Uraithen Masters Dark Venom to weaken my opponent as much as possible before they arrive in melee.
On the noble I would like give Survival of the Fittest, Haggle, Streetwise, Eagle Eye. I'm a little unsure but the thought of loosing him frightens me enough go for Survival first. On other heroes this will be a late skill.
I'm thinking of switching the axe of Stronghunter (+S & BS) to a Halbert as soon as money allows and he can pick up Lightning relfexes. This should help vs armoured targets since armour is boosted by our house rules.
Later he could pick up a draich if I find one.
Furthermore I was thinking of skipping Trickshooter for higher BS and Eagle Eye, which should allow at least one extra round of shooting.

I'm not really sure what to do with the wounded Lordling but I'll see what his next advances are.

The Sorceress wants Mind Focus and Warrior Wizard.

The Shade wants Uraithen Master and Jump-Up.

I have the feeling that there are so many good skills to choose from that I loose focus on what to choose first.
My idea was to wait what stat upgrades my heroes get to see if they will pick up shooting or combat skills. The usefulness of armour make me think that dodge isn't a high priority and the new parry rule makes Step Aside also less important.
So a hero with +A will go for Strike to Injure and Lightning Reflexes.
A hero with ++BS will go for Eagle Eye and Jump-Up after Uraiten Master. I think Jump-Up has good synergy with Uraithen because of it's bonus when you stand still, not to forget that you don't have the penalty for moving too!

On the whole I feel my warband is lacking some CC ability as my dogs are used as speed bumps and I don't have any real CC monster yet. +S only helps 17% with only 1 attack. Strength isn't needed that much since a Draich solves that problem.

If my shade should develop more CC potential (+S, A or W) I will opt for Acrobat and Lightning Reflexes.

What do you guys think about the warband and how do you get CC ability into the Druchii?
Also is there any special gear I should be looking for?
Does it pay off to go for Academic skills on a new Hero?
Is Haggle worth it on a Leader or is this the reason why another hero should get academic?

As you see I would like to share some thought on how Druchii perform nice and fluffy in the Mordheim Realm.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts here.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Re: Warband Karrond Kar Slavers

Post by Loflar »

El_jairo wrote:I'm thinking of switching the axe of Stronghunter (+S & BS) to a Halbert as soon as money allows and he can pick up Lightning relfexes. This should help vs armoured targets since armour is boosted by our house rules.

I would wait until he gets +A.

I'm not really sure what to do with the wounded Lordling but I'll see what his next advances are.

Since he doesn't have any combat advances, I would consider making him scout - give him Excelent Sight, Leap, and send him forward. But that means risk of losing his poisons.

My idea was to wait what stat upgrades my heroes get to see if they will pick up shooting or combat skills. The usefulness of armour make me think that dodge isn't a high priority and the new parry rule makes Step Aside also less important.

Depends. If your opponents have S5 or higher attacks which penetrate armour, step-aside might still be better.

On the whole I feel my warband is lacking some CC ability as my dogs are used as speed bumps and I don't have any real CC monster yet. +S only helps 17% with only 1 attack. Strength isn't needed that much since a Draich solves that problem.

What do you guys think about the warband and how do you get CC ability into the Druchii?

It is hard to get CC monster with Druchii, although WE might become one. And your soulstealing sorceress has a chance as well. But their higher speed and use of terrain might help you to locally outnumber enemy. And you can always consider hired swords, if you can afford them.

Also is there any special gear I should be looking for?

If armour is so good in your campaign, I would consider sea dragon cloak.

Does it pay off to go for Academic skills on a new Hero?
Is Haggle worth it on a Leader or is this the reason why another hero should get academic?

Haggle is needed after battle, so it is good on hero who is protected, like leader. Or sorceress, if she stands back and shoots doombolts. I would consider it for a new hero, if I wanted him just to stand back and shoot, but then I could not give him Uraithen Master. Tough choice.