Couple questions about druchii warbands

Discuss and participate in the development of the Mordheim Druchii warband here.

Moderators: Loflar, The Dread Knights

Freeman
Slave on the Altar

Couple questions about druchii warbands

Post by Freeman »

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone here who took the effort of creating and updating this warband. It looks really nice & deadly and I'm eager to try it in an upcoming Mordheim campaign. I'll give you my thoughts on the matter as soon as I can get some games under my belt.

Getting to the point of the thread, I just wanted to ask:

-What are your thoughts on the crossbow pistols? Expensive, aye, and not all that reliable in CqC, but easy on the eye and quite flexible if you're not going classic shooty elf with your warband. I want to get some of those, but maybe they're a waste of gold.

-What's the best starting henchman for a campaign, utility wise? We're playing with the Chaos in the Streets rules so I expect I'll see around 4 other warbands on the same table.

-Are draichs, sea dragon cloaks and darksteel blades exclusive of the druchii or are other warbands capable of finding them if they roll for rarity?

-Could I equip a hero with a gromril armor I happen to find/loot or am I limited to light armor+cloak only?
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Re: Couple questions about druchii warbands

Post by Loflar »

Sorry for the late answer, I have somehow missed your question...

Freeman wrote:-What are your thoughts on the crossbow pistols? Expensive, aye, and not all that reliable in CqC, but easy on the eye and quite flexible if you're not going classic shooty elf with your warband. I want to get some of those, but maybe they're a waste of gold.

I have only used it once, when I was using Tomb Robber hired sword from Khemri. It worked, but usually, I don't buy it. It does not seem like it is worth the money.

-What's the best starting henchman for a campaign, utility wise? We're playing with the Chaos in the Streets rules so I expect I'll see around 4 other warbands on the same table.

I usually prefer shades.

-Are draichs, sea dragon cloaks and darksteel blades exclusive of the druchii or are other warbands capable of finding them if they roll for rarity?

Yes, they are exclusive.

-Could I equip a hero with a gromril armor I happen to find/loot or am I limited to light armor+cloak only?

Tough question. We usually consider gromril a heavy armour, but you should probably ask people in your group. Anyway, it is a dwarven product, what self respecting elf would wear it? ;-)