Druchii Warband 1.0 .pdf

Discuss and participate in the development of the Mordheim Druchii warband here.

Moderators: Loflar, The Dread Knights

dishwasherlove
Slave on the Altar

Druchii Warband 1.0 .pdf

Post by dishwasherlove »

Hi Dark Elfers,

I'm starting a new campaign of Mordheim and couldn't talk my friend out of taking his Dark Elves. I was happy to discover that you guys have done plenty of hard work in making Dark Elves in Mordheim as balanced as possible. I thought it was disappointing that all your wonderful work was only available as a forum post, so I took the liberty of creating an official looking .pdf of the rules.

Consider this a first draft. I would really love someone else to proof read it to make sure nothing went awry in the copy and paste job from the forum. I edited some wording and fixed a few spelling mistakes. Here is the file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzEpA ... authuser=0

Let me know what you think.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Re: Druchii Warband 1.0 .pdf

Post by Loflar »

Thank you, it looks quite nice. However, for your information, there is already another version: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=71282
dishwasherlove
Slave on the Altar

Post by dishwasherlove »

Unfortunately that link is long dead. I would be interested in having a look if someone can reupload it.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

Hmm, you are right. If you PM me your email, I will send you the PDF.
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

Looks good to me! We have been thinking about starting a campaign, my mate however is certain that elves are to overpowered for a ballanced game!

He has a lot more experiencewith mordheim so im building a witchhunter band! Is he overreacting? Or is playing druchii a bit unfair?
Nec spe, nec metu

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

van Awful wrote:We have been thinking about starting a campaign, my mate however is certain that elves are to overpowered for a ballanced game!

He has a lot more experiencewith mordheim so im building a witchhunter band! Is he overreacting? Or is playing druchii a bit unfair?

During design, we have tried to make them competitive, i.e. not underpowered. The problem with dark elves is, that their expected properties (elite, few, fragile) make them weak in Mordheim. Some of their typical tactics (flanking, fleeing charge) is not possible in Mordheim. They are limited to 12 models, have no access to strength skills, have T limited to 3, and are expensive. Their default ranged weapon is, if you compare price to effect ratio, inferior to longbow, and maybe even to bow. (BTW, in this comparison, the best weapon is sling.) Their higher M sometimes helps, but skaven, lizards, posessed, and anyone on horse are still faster and ability to charge first does not help that much, if you cannot wound or stay the countercharge. They start with BS 4, which makes them almost as good at shooting as Reiklanders (who have longer range and more shooters). WS 4 or 5 makes them hit on 3, but it does not protect - any ordinary WS 3 model will still hit them on 4. High I can be helpful, but high S and T is usually better. High Ld is nice, but most warbands have ways to compensate for it (hiring bard, various Ld reroll skills etc.) So they got some bonuses, like cheap poisons or RXB discount at the beginning.

In our group, when it gets to overpowered warbands, we usually talk about dwarfs (you have to roll 6 to get them out of action, and they are rich enough to compensate for their low numbers) and skaven (fast, cheap, numerous, good skills and equipment, and low Ld does not matter if you don't have to roll it).
Eiddwen
Slave on the Altar

Post by Eiddwen »

Any chance I could get a link to a PDF version? Unable to send a PM as I just 're'registered and just started to play some Mordheim again and figured I should replace the Alpha 4 rules I had in a folder.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

Sorry for the delay. The PDF is now available at http://valdora.oddiloko.org/dokumenty/g ... arband.pdf