Your character & army in the campaign

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Your character & army in the campaign

Post by Rork »

This thread is for everyone to post the campaign background for their general and army during the campaign (and which side you're fighting for!) and what your army wants with the crown (or not as the case may be...).

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slerac fellblade »

Well as i have 3 armies an i don't know which i will use How bout a little about all three.

Slerac Fellblade

This is my highborn he is a collector of things weird rare and not so rare. He comes from Karond Kar. Basically he has an OCD tha makes him take something from every battle field. Sometimes it is as mundane as an enemies sword , shield or head. Other times it is some magic item or something weird that catches his eye. His home is a museum to the slaughter and aids undertaken by the druchii people with small trinkets and items from thousands of battle fields.

General Albrecht Rommel

My empire General General of the Western Guard of the Reik. He is hunting down the vampie that used to be his wife because it killed his 2 sons. Simple hate filled vengeance.

Wood Elves

Highborn Tecumsheh i have no real fluff for him.
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

haha Rommel, i guess he gonna be winning wuite a few agmes :P
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Lord sacra
Trainee Warrior

My leader's fluff.

Post by Lord sacra »

My leader, Lord Sacra, has travelled to the forest quite by accident. He was following a high elf ship that recently defeated and killed one of his captains and he seeks revenge. After he learnt of the Nemesis Crown he has decided that he cares not for such a trinket, but only to inflict maximum pain on every enemy he finds, starting with the High Elves. If he really has to help then he will aid Malekith's attempts. He will also kill High Elves, hopefully.

That he vows.
Crush the humans CRUSH THE HIGH ELVES!
Crush the dwarves
Crush the animals
Crush the orcs
Crush the lizards
Crush the chaos
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

Army leader: Crazen Darkwater, scion of Naggarond, and Murder Cleric of Khaine.

Liutenents: Beastmasters Elthrikhala and Sinrula, Pegasus Rider Tethlir, First Mate Darksoul, and Battle Engineer Haavrakh the Dawi Zahrr.

Demeaner: Unlike Fingol, who likes to smirk, Crazen likes to scowl. He has a very dark sort of arrogance that is complimented by a sense of sour realism. He is fully aware of his capabilities and won't push his luck. However, he will always find a way to get what he wants, even if he must rely on the talents of others.

Appearance: Crazen has black hair, emerald eyes, and a thin handsome face. His fingers are unsually long and thin. He wears light armor, relics of the Temple of Khaine decorate his neck and his fingers, and he wears a special cloak that looks as if it was spun from spider webs.

Weapons: Crazen wields a longsword in combat and will use a shortsword as well if he feels that he needs to use two weapons. He makes extensive use of poisons and special brews, both to hinder his opponent and to drug himself into a frenzy. Crazen also uses a repeater crossbow.

Transportation: Crazen rides his trusty dark steed on the battle field, though he is an expert ranger and can trek almost ay terrain himself. He is also captain of a medium sized vessel.

Background: Crazen is the grandson of Fingol Darkwater. Crazen spent his early years in Naggarond, brought up as any true Druchii should be. Instead of joining the navy like most of his family, Fingol insisted that he spend more time training in the Temple. After decades of deadly instruction, Crazen joined the Dark Riders as a Herald of the Witch King. Soon enough, Crazen found himself as an officer in the Witch King's invasion force. However, family rivalry soon robbed Crazen of that glorious opportunity.

Fingol had a reputation as a diplomat, who at times, didn't even seem to make use of the well known Druchii cruelty. Those who truly knew the elf were fully aware of the snares he would use to bind both his allies and his enemies, thus Crazen has much to live up to.

Purpose: My army will of course try to further Druchii interests in the campaign, but the main motive behind my participation will be to root out Cultists. House Darkwater has a reputation as staunch supporters of the Temple, they've only once missed an opportunity to rid Naggaroth of Cultists (I missed the Flesh & Blood campaign :P ), and now they've taken it upon themselves to rid the Druchii ranks of these hedonists.

Army Comp: Corsairs, monsters, cavalry, and magic.
Last edited by Fingol darkwater on Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Shadow dark
Noble

Post by Shadow dark »

Army Leader: Lord Shadowdark

Background: The dark elf noble Lady Khara is under suspicion as a Slaaneshi cultist (which she is). He recognises her as a useful ally and has defended her, but she now has to prove her loyalty to the temple of khaine by helping lord Shadowdark in the hunt for slaves.
Hi, i'm Shadow Dark. I spend my time teaching dragons the difference between their food and the slaves that bring it in
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

mine is Tzachi of the Sulpheret Islands

A 4th generation Slann mage who over the centuries has become more and more inadvertantly tainted by chaos. he seeks to send forth all of his forces to gain the nemesis crown so he cantake it back to his temple, wherin he has stored several other magical items. These range from magical artifacts stolen from nehekaran tombs to chaotic ammulets. he has gathered the assorted items with the intent of destroying chaos and returning the old ones. however over the centuries he has become increasing mad and tainted by the arrayof different arifacts. he hopes that the nemesis crown will adorn his own head when he leads his lizardmen against the hordes of chaos and the daemons of the wastes.
name: Rhyithan Uematsu
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
Equipment: Longsword, Shield, Lightarmor, Seadragon Cloak, Enchanted Draich (+1 WS).
skills: Two-Handed Weapon Fighting
10gc

awesome tattoo - priceless.
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slerac fellblade »

Khelmor Blackspine wrote:haha Rommel, i guess he gonna be winning wuite a few agmes :P

My empire army wins alot yes.
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Kaleth Sarradain

He is travelling not to claim the Nemesis crown, but to establish colony on the land of the Empire, which worship the God Slaanesh. He will also be secretly helping the rebel band which attempt to retake Tor Thana.
Last edited by Khel on Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

Lord Kaihlik Rashia

Learned about a powerful artifact from a tortured slave while on a slaving raid off the coast of Marienburg, the slave thought the information may save him from more pain, he was wrong. Is now heading into the Empire to locate the artifact to present to Malekith while pilaging towns and villages along the way to cover his expenses.
Prince of arnheim
Renegade Reaver

Post by Prince of arnheim »

Lord Katan- The (future)Prince of Arnheim

Leader of a 3000 raiding force supported by one of Khaine's most precious gifts-a Cauldron of Blood

Katan is also accompanied by his brother who rides a Black Dragon.

The 2 brothers are very competitive and go to great lengths to outdo each other how terribly they punish their opponents on the battlefield.

A small and elite force capable of quickly surrounding a hording enemy.

Precision strikes and ambusher harassment lead the way for the nobility and their thirsty brides.

See armylist in my signature below for details.
Gooner
Corsair

Post by Gooner »

Army Leader: High Priest Gorgoneth of the Cult of Chroesh

Background/purpose: Has been despatched by Malekith ostensibly to retrieve the crown. In fact Malekith hopes Gorgoneth and his cultists will be slaughtered on the battlefield, while the High Priest wants to keep the crown for himself to reassert his cult's power. For a more detailed account you can check out my stories here.

Army composition: Khainite dragon list. Gorgoneth and his dragon Ahbrek are supported by ranks of devoted spearmen, dark riders, shades and zealots (witch elves). His army always includes a retinue of elite temple guard (Black Guard).
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

Rackeith, The Exiled

"Come my brothers Ulthan is decadant, Naggaroth weak, Finubar a pretender and Malkeith an obsesive. Let us create a new state worthy of the sons of Anerion. The ancient city of Tor Thana lies within our grasp if we but reach out and claim it. Join me my brothers and let us establish a new empire in the heart of the Old World from which to terrorise the lands of men. Those who join me will be rewarded."
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Renagade lord and Worshipor of Tzeentch Drainial Shadowheart is well over 4000 years old, he stood with Malikith in the Sundering and hero worshiped the heir of Anearion, however all of his admiration was lost when the soon to be whitch king was defeated and driven away, Drainial followed Malikith to Naggaroth in a small fleet of his personal ships but he did not stay long waiting only for his new Black ark Har Atha or the Citidel of Shadow was constructed before taking his followers to the seas once more. It was not long after this that Drainial traveld to the Chaos wastes drawn by a strange feeling, an ich that would not ceace. This ich lead him to a cavern deap beneath the wastes and to a cave filled with ever changing color, at its center stood a cyrstal alter filled with an ever changing nimbus of light. It was here that Drainial sold his soul to the great god Tzeentch and was granted great longevity as well as many other gifts. He also took a suit of armour that he found in the cave.

Now millenia later Drainial is woried by the increased number of Druchii raiders heading for the old world, he thinks that it is far too risky to stand alone and hope that no force of suffincent size notises him. Then he heard of a gathering of Druchii lords brought together by one Rackieth the exield with the purpose of seting up a new city state at Tor Thana, this was perfect for Drainial allowing him to have far more elves around him to fight if the minions of Malikith finaly cought up with him and also offering the chance of great power, with this in mind he has traveld to Tor Thana, the assult has begun and the victor will be juged by the ringing of steel the geinious of plans and the flames of magic.
Last edited by Drainial on Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Bloodyangel
Black Guard

Post by Bloodyangel »

Army Leader: Illiiya Jaelrae "The Bloody Angel"

Having recently taken control of her father's raiders, Illiiya does not have the resources to truly make a bid for the relic itself.... No matter how powerful. Instead, she is taking advantage of the distraction to make several bold, overland raids deeper into foreign territory than she ever has before. While many of the defenders are away, she is hoping to score enough treasure, slaves and possibly even enchanted items, to make herself a wealthy woman, and to prove that she truly is her father's heir.
Anyone looking for awesome art, here's the girl to see... her stuff is amazing!

http://www.angelfire.com/rebellion/fuju ... index.html
Artein
Highborn

Post by Artein »

Army leader: Artein Blacksorrow

Sth from background: Artein Blacksorrow, the youngest son of one of the most powerfull Druchii in Ghrond. Currently sailing with corsair captain Rathal on the Black Ark, Night Monastery of Khaine. Artein is willing to gain experience, infame and power.
Narmo eressea
Trainee Warrior

Post by Narmo eressea »

Army leader: Narmo Eressea, the dow asrai

Band for which to fight: Not decided, yet

Objective: Get bags and bags of gold and kill Fingol Darkwater
Bloodfire
Corsair

Post by Bloodfire »

Army Leader: Radiel Bloodwife

Radiel Bloodwife, a high Priestess in the Cult of Pleasure, has been ordered by Morathi to bring the Nemisis Crown to her along with any trinkets of great power. Joining her is her brother Caine, a druchii annointed of great power and skill whose only wish is to cause carnage for the names of Slaanesh and Morathi. Radiel leads a retinue of 3000 points.
Not even the mightiest beast can withstand my will....
Lordanubis
Dark Rider

Post by Lordanubis »

Army Leader: Azenaith Viricarsi, Commander in the Crimson Legion

Commander Viricarsi is in the Old World following the Witch King's orders. The first priority is the acquisition of slaves and other resources for his Dread Majesty, but she also intends to build a reputation for herself in the process.

Edited to bring it more in line with my HotW fluff. More coming soon when I get around to writing it.
Last edited by Lordanubis on Thu May 24, 2007 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord ruerl of harganeth
Beastmaster
Location: Searching Ulthuan for my wife's murderer (New Zealand actually)

Post by Lord ruerl of harganeth »

Lord RUerl has travelled to the Old world becuase he has heard talk of a High elf warrior wearing red and Gold and thinks this could possibly be his wife's killer. Malekith has also instructed him to monitor any high elf movements concerning the Nemesis crown.
"Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, I will have my Venegance"
Darkspear
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Darkspear »

King Rameses: Knows nothing about the crown (as seen in official GW fluff) but likes Settra's idea of attacking Bretonnia and Empire to retrieve stolen artifacts.

The DArkspear Clan: The family knows about the crown and feels that it is best for Druchii if the crown is given to Morathi or Malekith. If this is impossible at least make sure the dwarves has it since the dearves are going to hid the damn thing for good anyway. The clan will be attacking empire and greenskin patrols to obstruct their efforts. I hate this but my factions seems to be having the same agenda as High Elves!!!
In my land, everyone calls me the darkspear. The most famous spearmen commander of all.
Sbod
Executioner

Post by Sbod »

Chaos army: Mortals

Leader Korthan

He has lead his tribe to search for the crown so that he may present it before the dark gods and become a daemon prince thereby able to kill all in his path.
Also hired a bunch of orges along the way with promises of food and golds.
A Day Without Sbod Is Like A Day Without Sunshine.
Agifem
Noble

Post by Agifem »

Army : dark elves (vanilla army book)

General : Calana BlackHeart, high sorceress of Ghrond.

Background : Calana is a loreseeker of magic. After the retrieval of a cauldron by her troops in orcish hostile territory, she has earned the respect and trust of the ruler of Karond Kar, and gained the help of a beastmaster. She know uses his help to extend her knowledge of magic, especially in the afterlife departement. Knowing that several vampires have moved in the empire, she is going to chase them to learn more about necromancy. She is interested also in the crown, as it may well be a vampire artefact.

Army composition : The army will most likely include Calana herself on a pegasus, maybe a manticore, along with a hydra, a level 2 sorceress (her apprentice), and probably some cold one knights.
Last edited by Agifem on Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Druchii : Victories : 17. Draw : 3. Defeats : 10.
Vampire Counts : Victories : 11. Draw : 2. Defeats : 5.
Bretonnians : Victories : 6. Draw : 0. Defeats : 2.
Gnoblars : Victories : 1. Draw : 0. Defeats : 1.

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win."
Darthken
Assassin
Location: Australia, the place where kangaroo's hop down the street with a can of fosters in their pouch

Post by Darthken »

dark elf army

Dantrag: highborn rules over the black ark "Eternal Nightmares".
He rides in an ornate chariot (he finds little difference between fighting on a swaying chariot or a rocking ship). The only interest he has in the nemisis crown is that it is distracting tha asur enough to let him gain a foothold on ulthuan. He has personally selected each soldier for this mission and has taken only the most hate filled, bitter and twisted elvesl in all of Naggaroth. He has petitioned Malekith to be allowed a unit of elite black guard for his campaign but is still awaiting word from the witch kings envoys. ( ie how quickly can i paint them).
Plan: to do as much devestaition and destruction as possible while capturing prisoners for the alter's of khaine. Should the asur be caught very badly offguard he is to establish a beachead and send word to Malekith, thus hopefully starting the invasion for the retrieval of our rightfull homeland.

Army composition: all characters must have a SDC. must have a minimum of 2 units of corsairs & DR's. no large monsters ( if it's not a seadragon Dantrag doesn't want it)
you don't know the power of the darkside
Pariah mk.231
Noble
Location: The Eastern Steppe, assaulting the Great Bastion of Cathay ... well, Australia actually.

Post by Pariah mk.231 »

Lilith Chi Kai, Lord Commander of the armed forces of the Chi Kai Household.

After Settra's re-awakening at the time of Archaon's invasion of the Old World, Marlus has found his fortress city, Cheth’raughast (located on the eastern shore of the Black Gulf), in a state of near desolation after eventual victory. His household was almost completely annihilated, only his daughter, Lilith, and his personnal sorcerer, Mar'lear, left alive. Only a fraction of his land forces remain, though what remains of his fleet after fleeing Naggaroth is largely intact.

With the death of his wife, Arrissa, and daughter Kethinar, and the dissapearance of his only son Hellkiss, Marlus has no choice but to declare Lilith his heir and Lord Commander of his household's army. Conditions required that Marlus cease his raiding activities in favour of re-establishing his foothold at the base of the Dragonback Mountains.

When word from his numerous spies around the Old World reported rumours of a powerful relic being discovered, Marlus consulted Mar'lear and learned the truth of the Nemesis Crown. Knowing it's tale, and the unimaginable power it would grant Malekith if he should get his hands on it, Marlus dispatched Lilith and Mar'lear with a respectable force to secure the prize before the Witch King could get his hands on it.

Army Composition: Considering most of my Druchii minitures were lost recently when I shifted house, I'm going to have to start fresh. I've decided that due to the climate in the Badlands, and the Black Gulf, my corsairs will be attired to accomodate the heat, so I'll be converting Dark Eldar Wyches to be my new corsairs. I'm not a fan of spears (they're just not my type of weapon, much prefer a good blade), so all my new warriors will be modelled with hand weapon/shield, and i'll use that combo instead of the spears.
I've decided to add Mengil's Manflayers, and maybe get another 2 boxes and convert them to be my executioners. I'm yet to decide how to configure Lilith herself, as previously she'd just been a fluff character, and I never made a model for her.
To reflect the fact she was a member of the Temple of Khaine before her family fled Naggaroth, I'm thinking of fielding her on foot with little armour, the Hearstone of Darkness and the Draich of Dark Power, accompanied by the warrior's of a human tribe dedicated to Khorne that has sworn to serve Marlus in return for a tract of land to rule as their own in his domain. These will be represented by Dogs of War Norse Marauders, which I luckily didn't lose in the move, that are armed with either 2 hand weapons or great weapons (i've got enough models assembled either way to make a unit of 15 no matter what i choose).

I should probably mention at this point that in Marlus' fluff, he swore himself over to Khorne when he was still a youth and lost in the Wastes, In the time since he settled in the Badlands, Marlus has managed to turn all under his rule to the worship of Khorne, displaying great martial pride and honour, as oppossed to the typical bloodthirsty nature of most of Khorne's followers.
Mar'lear is the sole exception, and having been a long time friend and enemy of the Witch King, Marlus allows Mar'lear to still practice his sorcerous way. The main reason behind this is that it adds another item to his long list of insults directed at the Druchii ruler.

Cold One Knights will be a new addition to my collection, I previously only used Dark Riders (but they're gone now too), but I'll be getting some more soonish. 2 Bolt Throwers are pretty much standard in my force these days.
Mar'lear will have the Darkstar Cloak and a Dispel Scroll or the Seal of Ghrond, giving him the ability to act both offensively and defensively in the magic phase. Over the course of the campaign, I may introduce a new character, possibly Ker'neath the Battle Standard Bearer, or maybe Hellkiss will re-appear.
Formerly Marlus Chi Kai

In all ov da 'ole Orky race, der ar too kindz ov ladz an' only too. Der'z da one stayin' put in 'is propa place, an' da one wiv 'is foot in da uvver one'z face.
- Gurgit Trollpuncha