Allies?

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Urial
Slave (off the Altar)

Allies?

Post by Urial »

i have seen on a few sites that races are joining forces and just wondered are we doing anything similar.
KILL AND RAID IN THE NAME OF THE WITCH KING
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Dark Elves aren't really suited to allying with others. I can see them perhaps manipulating a race from the sidelines, and the Cult of Pleasure shouldn't have too many problems allying themselves with some Slaaneshi Chaos followers, but for the most part, they're the sort of raiders who work alone.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Shakra sharktooth
Warrior
Location: In a very high tower ready to throw a goblin over the edge

Post by Shakra sharktooth »

maybe we could allie with VC, scouring the human world in search for dark magic artifacts, that would be cool 8)
My Foc. Fam. is a snotling from the NG Fanatics sprue. I kind of like the idea of the entire power of Chaos being pumped through a snotling.

When I press the Smilie button it says "Hacking Attempt". What should I do?
Loran
Destroyer of Worlds
Location: Finland, the country people always think has penguins and polar bears walking in the streets...

Post by Loran »

I agree with Eldacar. The Druchii aren't really suited for allying with others, since we tend to be the solitary raiders. Apart from the Cult of Pleasure allying itself with Slaaneshi Chaos I don't see that many possible alliances.

Of course, we'll be on the "evil" side of the campaign :P

- Loran
<+Hyarion> "Loran may cause addiction to mindless online games"

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Damian
Corsair
Location: Running from the women with the sharp pointy things.

Post by Damian »

I would have to say that as Loran and Eldacar have pointed out the Druchii would not ally with another race.... Unless it was compleatly benificial to us. Like using espionage against another race and making them fight our battles for us and then coming in and taking all the spoils. Now that would make for an interesting campaign
"Beware watching for the dagger at your back, for you will fail to see the sword coming at you from the front"
Sv_harlequin
Assassin

Post by Sv_harlequin »

Its probably more, a hiring mercs, spies etc than becoming allies. Paying off people and things for infromation or dealing with problems that could arise for them would be more fitting.
Mal: Sure. It would be humiliating. Having to lie there while the better man refuses to spill your blood. Mercy is the mark of a great man. (lightly stabs Atherton with the sword) Guess I'm just a good man. (stabs him again) Well, I'm all right.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I dont know we have allied with Chaos in the past, for an invasion of Ulthan no less and I think that Malikith would not be adverse to an alliance that just ment that the Skaven (for example) did not attack his forces and he in turn would promise to keep the nobles on the leash.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

It depends what our goals are in the campaign, if we are content to be merely raiders than we have no need of allies wheras if we want to take a more pivitol role in the campaign we have need of allies.
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Druchii should be weary of looking for allies, but strike where we deem it neccesary to. Apparently, we're not interested in the crown of the Dwarfs so we go pester some 'abandoned/weakened positions'. Some of the Asur might go after dragon eggs, I can imagine we wouldn't want that to happen either ;)
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

why don't those off us in the appropriate area go after the eggs ourselves?
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Quatters
Executioner

Post by Quatters »

There's one alliance I could see working beautifully. We ally with Chaos Dwarves. They attack some Asur dressed as regular stunted ones, we attack some dwarves dressed as Asur. Our hated cousins and the cave dwellers have a new war and wipe themselves out. We take Ulthuan.

Win-win?
Hell yes!
MOTHERBOY!!!!!!!!!!
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

I dont think the asur would be that stupid to fall for another one of our tricks like that again.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Quatters
Executioner

Post by Quatters »

They might not be, but the dwarves certainly are! In which case, no need for allies.
MOTHERBOY!!!!!!!!!!
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Even the Dwaves are not going to fall for the same trick twice, not when the first time damn near destroyed their empire (though the time of woes didn't help)
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

as a response to allies, well, i have to support the idea that we don't take/have alliances, BUT we manipulate the lesser races.

This would mean that it may happen that druchii would easily manipulate an orc warboss to strike where we want'em to strike, for example, the HE rear as we present our troops on their frontal side. Well, whatever, druchii kin wouldn't have a proper alliance, just some manipulated armies doing what they want.
"If you're going to leave anyone alive, enslave it!"

RP: Group 27
Ulric Darksoul
WS:5 S:4 T:3 D:5 I:3
Equipment:
- Short sword, dagger, bastard sword 5 throwing stars and Ritual Dagger.
- Sea Dragon Cloak (dark green with dark blue scales)
- 1 healing balm (H) 4 healing balms
120g+12g

Skills: Controlled frenzy, two-weapons fighting
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

We can just manipulate chaos to our will, like we alwayz have. They are reliable plus they fight good.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

Just to build off of what was said in a different thread:

Sirist wrote:I don't know. I mean, you know how I am about politics. If we're going to do it, we better be damn well represented. But at the same time, it's a pain in the ass to get people to cooperate, especially the aforementioned VC. (Yes, I still begrudge them their aloofness in the ISC and HotW) But a united front certainly looks better than a divided one. The big problem I see to us joining up would be if we get the Crown, who gets it? We just leave it up to the battle stats? I guess if such a thing were to occur, I'd want to know what the reprecussions are on that front. If my worries are assuaged, I'm all for it, and I'd love to work with Hragged's lot at the Stronghold again.

Just this once, I think it would be better to go this one alone. I gave it some thought, and I'm of the opinion that the Druchii reputation and interests would be better served if we don't make any real concrete alliances. I'm still going to personally keep in contact with folks like Hragged, the Flying Beaver, and Lightbringer and their respective communities, but I vote that we make no contracts or anything of the sort.

At the very most, we should attack places where it would be most beneficial to us. Should another evil race have stock in that location, then fine, play it off like we were being gracious elders looking to further ties with our potential allies. Not knowing what we're really up to will just add to the mystique of the Druchii; are they there to just murder and steal? Or are they up to something more sinister? ;)
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Sirist
Black Guard

Post by Sirist »

Fingol Darkwater wrote:Just this once, I think it would be better to go this one alone. I gave it some thought, and I'm of the opinion that the Druchii reputation and interests would be better served if we don't make any real concrete alliances. I'm still going to personally keep in contact with folks like Hragged, the Flying Beaver, and Lightbringer and their respective communities, but I vote that we make no contracts or anything of the sort.

At the very most, we should attack places where it would be most beneficial to us. Should another evil race have stock in that location, then fine, play it off like we were being gracious elders looking to further ties with our potential allies. Not knowing what we're really up to will just add to the mystique of the Druchii; are they there to just murder and steal? Or are they up to something more sinister? ;)
I agree fully. This time around, let's do this one for ourselves, and damn the rest of them. ;)
Prince of arnheim
Renegade Reaver

Post by Prince of arnheim »

Let's just kill all the other races. We are not really good or bad in my opinion...

Just bitter and hatefull.
Urial
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Urial »

Prince of Arnheim wrote:Let's just kill all the other races.

sounds like a plan
KILL AND RAID IN THE NAME OF THE WITCH KING
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

To reiterate, letting the Asur get to dragon eggs is IMO a bad plan. I think special care should be taken to stop them at all costs, possibly claiming them for ourselves instead.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Where are these dragon eggs your so concerd about? I have heard nothing about any dragon eggs anywhere else.

Gentleman of Moderation
Narmo eressea
Trainee Warrior

Post by Narmo eressea »

Chaos is not yet organised (COTEC at least), orcs and chaos dwarves have an alliance, tomb kings no idea, ogres have been hired for dwarves and asur/asrai/empire/dwarves have all allied or have non agression Pacts.
For the Shadow King, you shall die, druchii scum!
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

The dwarfs have been talking to the VC, they're not going to make an alliance or anything, but they're hashing out some fluff agreements.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

ok so It's apparently agreed we won't get the phoenix crown back. THat got me thinking about what possible benefits we could receive. THat was when I read the descriptions for the Draken Downs and the Ancient Dragon Cav.

"the dragon's corpse is wrapped around it's last clutch of eggs it laid. If such a tail is true, then those eggs remain there still, awaiting life-giving heatto hatch the contents."

A new generation of dragons! NO longer would we have to deal with waking up all the sleepy ones. Also we would deprive the DE access to the resource. A fresh clutch of dragons, to me, would seem as precious to the HE as any magic item. I say that we send a force there to explore the cave futher.

From asur.org.