The Barren Hills (UK)

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord malek
Beastmaster

Post by Lord malek »

Well if your up to the task LordAnubis I will follow you. (Shall we use this thread for orders? As I see the rebles have a seperate thread?)

I was the attacker about to post my result in a bit.

I love the the way Tilmann Spyri has sowen the seeds in destroying the peace between the forces of light. Very druchii.
Lordanubis
Dark Rider

Post by Lordanubis »

If the other loyalists are happy with that, then I will do my best.

Mind you, given the ongoing problems between the Asur and the Empire, I am wondering if it might not be worth simply taking everything of value from Tor Thana and leaving it to the Asur. After all, the Asur will have to garrison it, particularly if the Empire are against them, and that will reduce the forces they have available to defend Ulthuan. Particularly if they go to war and Asur are killed over it for no cost to the Druchii.
Lord malek
Beastmaster

Post by Lord malek »

I agree I don't see why we should get drawn in to garrilla warfare in the ruins (when the humans will do that for us) we should be striking at multipul targets striking at the leaders to sowe confusion into our enemies and at all costs appose the rebles.

Where will we focous our efforts I should be playing another game at the weekend against the Dawi.

4-W 0-D 1-L I was attacking in the council of war senario my friend used Teclis who survived the rest of her army was basically destroyed.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Hmm. Tensions seem to have cooled between the HE and the Empire. (Untill the less level headed members of both sides get back in on the action) Let us see how long it lasts.

Loyalist/rebel divergance is not a good thing. our chances of wining are slim to start with, and anything less that total unity will break us. Besides, it's way harder to keep track. Let's leave it till the end of the campaign.
Lordanubis
Dark Rider

Post by Lordanubis »

As I have said, I am not suggesting a divergence of goals until the end, when we can determine who controls the city. As you say, disunity while the enemy is at the gates is not productive.

However, it is something that is at the core of the fluff and it should be acknowledged. It is also part of the Druchii character and need not be too hard to keep track of among ourselves. I agree with Fingol's suggestion. One group focus on one enemy and the others do the same. Simple enough and yet shows the internal divisions of the Druchii.
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

Guys look at the Maelstrom background for the loyalists already with fluff in the Barren Hills. We are all under the command of Rackieth for our own reasons. I will put up my fluff soon expanding on my characters side of it. Try and join the fight for Tor Thana please as we are having enough problems getting fluff mentioned as it is.
Giladis
Corsair

Post by Giladis »

Oh come on. You can't say I didn't do a perfect arrogant Asur noble.

There is nothing for you to celebrate since this kind of IC exchange has been going on for months and we are still palls just that we don't understand each other very well.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

True. That's why I tried to explain we wern''t manipulating the situation.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well in that case Tillmann you must try harder (and I realy should try at all) and yes Giladis your arragance made me want to reach for the nearest sword.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

YAY! Reckognition. Well, sort of. Have a look

The leaders of the Dark Elves assaulting Tor Thana have recently received a fell warning, delivered unto them by a single assassin who appeared in their midst as they gathered in council. These leaders, the messenger stated, stood accused of hubris, of putting their own desires above the aims of their lord, Malekith. Ignore the Witch King’s orders again, the assassin whispered, and they would find themselves enslaved alongside the population of Eggonsdorf, whose lives had been offered up to Khaine for the glory of Naggaroth, according to the orders issued when first the Dark Elf fleets set sail for the Old World.

We need to write this up. Now. :D
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Just so you guys know, the UK site hasn't got the report up yet.
Tacitus
Cold One Knight

Post by Tacitus »

The recognition is all well and good, but I sense an attempt by GW to try and push us back into the 'raiding and pillaging because its all we're good for' routine .... anyone else get this impression?
- The Black Host (Druchii) - 47/17/5
- Shamblin' Horde (VC) - 9/2/2

Working on - 10k of Druchii (Done) / 3k of Vampires (250 left to go) / 12k of Tau (Done)
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Nah, they aren't spelling anything out too clearly (Look at the stuff on the giant's trump for an example.) My guess is they are working on a climax for those who don't read the forums. We'll probably be "Revealed" as rebs in the last report.
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

All those for continuing the assault and ignoring Malkeith say aye
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

I'm geting to work on writing this up. Good to see the Witch King considers us enough of a threat to try and intemidate us, as opposed to using brute fource.
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

I'd go with nae. I am still a loyalist, who only joined for profit and not for ruins and rebellion. And seeing as Egondorf is a village, I think I'd like to go raiden and enslave, sadly though I still have pathetic defeats, yet I continue to fight as stubborn as I am.
Sanity... is for the weak!
Lordanubis
Dark Rider

Post by Lordanubis »

Nay. As the Witch King commands, his loyal servant will obey.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

What happend to "if we split up, we fail badly."?

I. predicatbly am Aye. Besides, there is nothing against taking the Tor. Read it closly. Just to not put yourselves before the witch king. In short, he believes us to be a group of loyalists, who are wavering, and considering making a garb for power, not a mixed group of loyalists and rebs. We can still remain at the Tor.
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

Aye, I am with you Rackieth. Lord Kaihlik has too much at stake and has invested too much in this indevour.

OOC: If we dont all stick together then our background will never be properly mentioned, I am loyalist but the plans to capture Tor Thana are too important to leave. Plus we have worked do hard to abandon our goal half way through because GW has said Malekith does not like it. The orders of Makekith said to use the confusion to further the goals of the Druchii. By creating a perminant raiding outpost in the Empire we do just that. Plus we need to deny it to the Asur.

If GW push on this then I think we could change tact, what do you say to Rackieth accepting the rule of Malekith (along with his own goals, he may want to pledge himself to Malekith so that he can build up his power base without interferance, the loyalists could use their influence to make it work)
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Indeed, let us look at the VC. They got a similar warning (about their betrayl of Waldikir), but persisted, and their plot now seems to focus round it.
Lordanubis
Dark Rider

Post by Lordanubis »

I have had misgivings about this storyline for a while now, so I for one am definitely out. I suggest that we come up with an alternate plan and do something that is more likely to have an effect on the story.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Whaa...

What do you mean "more likely to have an effect on the story."? Give me one way in which we can afect the story more than this. It's a good plan, and GW have acknolaged it. We can't change it now, or we'd be certain of not getting in atall.
Lordanubis
Dark Rider

Post by Lordanubis »

If I had a specific one, I would have suggested it by now. However, there is almost no way that we will be allowed to take and hold Tor Thana, particularly not so soon after the release of the Empire book.

Off the top of my head, my suggestion would be to pull out of the city and try and capitalise in game on the tensions between the Empire and the Asur by writing up battle reports against those as attempts to trick them into fighting each other.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Why not? it dosn't affect anything in the Empire army book.

It's a blow to them, but not a major one. They probably will barely notice, and have so many problems on their plate, won't have time to respond. It's not like we are killing a SC or anything. All we want is a new setelemnt. The Asur and dwarfs want the same, and have been OK'd. Why not us?
Lordanubis
Dark Rider

Post by Lordanubis »

You mean other than the fact that the Asur want the same one?

A Druchii stronghold in the middle of the Empire is major. So is the idea that a group of rebels is strong enough to take and hold it against the Empire, the Asur, the loyal Druchii and everyone else. It is also a major change from the traditional Druchii, given that, of the three major leaders, one is a Chaos worshipper and another is not even a Dark Elf.

Equally, I actually want us to strip Tor Thana of all valuable goods and leave it to the Asur. They are welcome to it. Another major commitment of troops far from Ulthuan with the possibility of a war against the Empire? Brilliant. Why would we want it? No idea.

We could argue this back and forth all night, but I do not think Tor Thana is an acheivable goal. Even if it is, I simply am not interested in it for the same reasons the rebels are.