The Howling Heights (Northern Europe)

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Morvai
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Morvai »

I was more thinking in the way of how we can use the Chaos Dwarf combat engineer aspect to our advantage.

I think I might just go over to the hand of hashut and see if I can find someone there with a nice idea.
Masters of Mischief (NC background)
The Black Blades (DE). W: 2 D: 2 L: 1
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

We need Chaos Dwarfs to engineer stuff? Why? We are not mindless chaos slaves, we are Elves with brains of our own.
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

We don’t need them, but they can be helpful. They came with the pact with the orcs, so we might as well use our resources to the full potential.
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Morvai wrote:Well I guess we simply have to bash some sense into them then. :lol:

That's why we have scourges.

Morvai wrote:Does anyone has a good idea how the Chaos Dwarfs can help us with taking the temple and keeping the temple?

They have Orcs in leash and if we can't lash the greenskins to our will they sure could.

We need Chaos Dwarfs to engineer stuff? Why? We are not mindless chaos slaves, we are Elves with brains of our own.

Chaos Dwarfs have more raw material and work force to invent something.
WARNING: the following sentences include a maniacal, if not jokish, idea:

The Chaos Dwarfs could build a machine with which we could dig our way under the temple and surprise the asur idiots from the inside.

Don't take that seriously.

Well, we could invent something ourselves, but in my opinion we need something more brutal, you know, raw power.
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Over the past millenia, our elegant way of waging war has done more damage than raw powered chaos invasions. If we are to barter for exhorbitant wages with chaotic stunties I wouldn't want us to depend too much on it.
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

We don’t need to depend on them. All we need is for them to create some raw power gadget, like bombs, rockets or something more original to speed up our capture of the Temple of the Fallen. If it works we will be faster to our goal. If it doesn’t work we haven’t lost anything that was of much value to us.

Think of this whole chaos dwarf idea as the berserker running at the bombs in Helm’s Deep (lotr). Just a little plan to switch the balance into our favour.
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

The Helms Deep thing could be possible, but I don't like the idea of druchii chugging bombs or anything similar, nor the idea of the chaos dwarfs chugging them into our target. Wouldn't that just destroy lots of the stuff inside :)?
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

I never said we had to blow up the temple. Just something in that spirit. Like bombs to their chariots, mines around their tents, a rocket in their command centre. Such kind of things, only then more original.
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Yeah, exactly that kinda thing. The Asur have got used to our elegant elven schemes (nothing bad in them either), the sudden use of something more loud and destructive would surprise them badly. If we unite the mass destruction devices of the Chaos Dwarves to our sneakiness they are doomed.
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

That's a viable idea, our assassins and infilitrators would be like their skaven counterparts only less prone to go boom at an unexpected moment?
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

I just realised that it might be handy of we knew who will be fighting what in the campaign. It could help us in tuning our fluff to our actual battle’s.

I for one will be fighting Lizardmen and Orcs. Maybe if I’m lucky I will get a match against Skaven.
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

I have shooty Empire army of my brother against me... just think about it... Handgunners, Great Cannon, Outriders, Helblaster Volley Gun, the Rocket Battery and so on... Another propable opponent is an Orc army.
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

Just wondering what our opinions an fluff allies are.
I already contacted the greenskins in the howling heights and I expect and answer shortly. Tomorrow I will contact the Chaos Dwarfs.

So what do you think? Should we get the skaven in a fluff alliance too? Or maybe good old chaos?

sidenote: The skaven and chaos or still deciding what they want to do, so this might be the best time to get them to fight for our cause.
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Here's my NC fluff: http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=608477#608477

About my goals, in addition to the pillaging, I am pressed by a power-hungry counsellor, so i propably turn from a loyalist to a renegade when this campaign is over...
Although I play in the Howling Heights area my headquarters are in the wrecked Ark in the Gulf of Marienburg. Is there anyone who wants me to include his/her character in my fluff story?

About the alliance with Ratmen, I doubt, as the Skaven can be almost as deceitful and back-stabbing as DE can ;)

Yay! 300th post!
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

I think we should al mention each other in our fluff. (mine can be found in the history forum under the title “the masters of mischief”)
Drak, need a hand with that ark? House Blackblade has fairly good sorcerers you know. ;)

And I know skaven are not to be trusted but it could help if they supported us in fluff.
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

I don't really understand that idea of a fluff alliance, are we just mentioning eachother's efforts or what? If you could explain it to me I would be more than happy to give my views on the matter :)
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

You got it pretty much right.
In a fluff alliance we mention each others efforts. Also we can create fluff for the same goal. Like the orcs writing fluff about them helping us out at the temple of the fallen. And we can write about us helping them out at the goblin lair.
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

I see. So a fluff alliance isn't necessarily an alliance, it could just as well be me and a pal writing about the same battle, can't it? With him and I mentioning the same things?
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

Not exactly. Fluff alliances are on a bigger scale. Mostly between forums of specific races, but it could also be between “large” groups of members (5 or more) of a forum or forums.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

How about the classic approach:
- we lay siege on the temple
- we starve out the Asur
- we throw in the chaos stumpies and Orcs as the initial charges/attackers/shock troops
- we clean up the rest and steal whatever there is

Of course, it will be most unfortunate and sad that the casualties of our allies will be so high that they will find themselves scathered and bereft of their will. I think we will have to show our gratitude and respect to our allies by accepting them under our command to give them a new and glorious purpose. I am sure, that with the proper explanation, they too will see the glory of the labour they will perform for us.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Skaven lord vinshqueek
Corsair

Post by Skaven lord vinshqueek »

Morvai wrote:sidenote: The skaven and chaos or still deciding what they want to do, so this might be the best time to get them to fight for our cause.

Having read another thread where it was suggested to employ the Skaven as cannon fodder for the guns of the Empire, I wonder what ways you are going to employ in order to convince us working for the Dark Elves.

A combined cause might be worth looking for, though recognition of one anothers fluff efforts is something that I would fully support anyway.

Greetz
The biggest Skaven site on the internet: Underempire.net
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

I don’t care what other threads say when this is the thread that matters. If it isn’t posted here it doesn’t concern the Howling Heights and so doesn’t matter for our own alliances. And I don’t want you to working for us, I want you to work with us.

Just let us know what you want in the Howling Heights and we can see how we can assist you. In the mean time you can think of ways to assist us in the taking of the Temple of the Fallen.

The chaos dwarf had an idea of creating tunnels from the old dwarf mine all the way to the temple of the fallen. The skaven could help with this, however they could also just make a tunnel from the skaven lair since that one is a lot closer to the temple then the old mine is.
But more original ideas are always welcome.
Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

Artein
Morvai
Darknir Helgar
Lethalis
Daeron
Ranieth
Soupman

Okay, I'm partaking in the campaign, but I have only a faint idea of what you are talking about and what fluff alliances, using other races in the campaign etc. means. Could someone fill me in or point me at a post that explains how campaigns work?

Oh, it looks like my general is going to be named Archon Doomblade, fluff is in development
Andreas
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

Welcome Soupman.
The campaign Works pretty simple. We submit battle’s on a GWsite and the better we do in those battle’s the bigger our chance on getting the crown. Only problem, we don’t care for the bloody thing. So then just what are we doing here? Once again pretty simple. With every battle you can send a little piece of fluff. In that fluff we write what we do want our dark elfs to do. Now if we do this ourselves only then there is a very slim chance that GW will actually publish it. There for we make fluff alliances with other sites. They mention our efforts in the campaign and we mention theirs. That way our chance of GW reading and publishing it will double.
That’s it in a nutshell.

The big story is that it is a pain in the ass to convince people of actually working with us. All thanks to this thread: http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=49716&start=75 :evil:
Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

That really helped a lot, thanks a bunch :)

How important will our opponents races be?
I can play a nearby store and more reguarly against, Skaven, Lizards, Chaos and Woodies
Andreas