My Back Ground for the Nemisis Crown

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well here is some more, this is basicly just introduce Drainials eldest son Kilith and also just to show a little of the tension bettween the Chroeshions and the Tzeentchens.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kilith Athalir was in a bad mood; off course he spent most of his life in a bad mood. He was the heir of a house with an immortal lord, he had never been entrusted with a command of more than a hundred elves, his allowance was pitiful (at least in his opinion) and now some slimly cultist of Khaine had seemingly made it her mission for the night to drive him to murder.

At the moment he was sat in a bar, little more than a large tent with ale and wine by the barrel full inside. He was just trying to get nice and drunk when the Khainite walked in. She would never have been beautiful, it was a well-known stereotype that all whitch elves were beautiful but it simply wasn’t true. However this particular she elf had decided to take her already unpleasant features and twist them into something so grotesque that her mouth looked like two worms in a wrestling match. One eye had been removed in one of the Creoshian’s fowl rituals, her near naked body was covered with a lattice of scars and the nipple of her left breast looked like it had been recently bitten off. Kilith found it hard not to shudder in disgust to look at her. Her appearance, however, was only a small part of the problem. The main thing was that she was attempting to convert him.
“Come my lord, leave your drink and your heretical ways. Save your soul from eternal torment and glory in the everlasting agony of the Serpent Lord!” Her high nasal voice seemed to be attempting a sultry tone, which only served to make it more irritating. He decided to reply.
“Leave me to my drink you withered old Hag! If my father hears of this he will…” Kilith paused, he had been about to describe a particularly painful series of tortures, but this biatch would probably have done them to her self in her spare time!
“….dunk you in Cold one poison, you will never feel a single pang of pain again!” Kilith was quite pleased with that, a threat she had to fear. Her reaction was not what he had been expecting. She laughed.
“The Lord Gorganeth would never allow his followers to be so mistreated, as you would see if you followed him in his service to the greatest of aspects!”

The she elf really just could not take a hint.
“I have no intention of joining your group of perverted cultists!” He roared. Perhaps the direct approach would yield greater results. Instead of giving in the cultist attempted a different stratagem.
“Why are you so loyal to this Tzeentch? Khaine is the only true Elvin god, all of Naggaroth revels in his worship, even the false elves revere him and see him as their protector in times of need,” She asked.
Kilith was really loosing his patience with this elf.
“I am loyal to Tzeentch because my father is his high prophet and because I would find my self transfigured into something unpleasant if I did not revere him above all others! Now leave me in peace or I swear to Tzeentch I will kill you!” The cultist made no effort to leave.
“But my lord…..” Whatever new argument she may have been formulating was lost in a gurgle, looking down she saw a dagger thrust through her bare chest and puncturing her lungs, her single eye held a look of great surprise as she fell to the floor. Finally he could get drunk in peace!
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

yeah you tell that old Hag! *Throws Popcorn and drink at screen* I love the Kilith's description of the Khainite. hehe...Nipple bitten off...thats a witch elf alright!
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Gooner
Corsair

Post by Gooner »

I like that! Great description of the Priestesses of Poison, the warped Chroeshi equivalents of Witch elves. Good bit of inspiration, I'm feeling a bit at a loss for things to write about in the run up to the battle so a few spats around the encampment might make for some light entertainment before the main event!
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Nice. The Priestess is a wonderful character, and Kilith's reaction is excellent in that situation. "The biatch would propably have done them to herself in her spare time..." Great story, indeed.
Evil on the loose
Warrior

Post by Evil on the loose »

Wow, this is certainly something out of the ordinary. Well written, credible and full of imagination. I've never read a warhammer novel, so I can't compare it to that standard, but this really brings an extra layer to the fantasy world. Normally I hate fluff because it limits my own imagination and feeling about the fantasy world, but when fans explore their own weird ideas like you do, it inspires me instead.

I'm not involved in the Nemesis Crown nor "Chroesh-wave", but I would like to see a compilation of your texts in PDF-format when either the campaign is done, or you think the project is through. Maybe accompanied by some beautiful illustrations, if anybody got the time and talent to do them.
Reichhardt rulez the screens. Beats Valten and Karlo on the telli any saturday evening!
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Do you mean a compilation of all the NC fluff, or just Drainial'. Cos a compilation of all the stuff is in the works.
Evil on the loose
Warrior

All of it ofcause :p Looking forward to it.

About the line "Save your soul from eternal torment and glory in the everlasting agony of the Serpent Lord" - it seems self-contradictory. And what eternal torment of a follower of Tzeentch, is the priestess referring to anyway?
Reichhardt rulez the screens. Beats Valten and Karlo on the telli any saturday evening!
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Ah. Sorry, you didn't make that clear.

The contradiction, I think may be the joke:) . And I think it's just a generic "Fire and brimstone after death" kinda thing.
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

Gooner wrote:I'm feeling a bit at a loss for things to write about in the run up to the battle so a few spats around the encampment might make for some light entertainment before the main event!
You could write the story where Lisa appears from Gorganeth's point of view like Drainial has earlier. This would give us the meeting from each persons point of view, Rackeith's view is mostly encorperated into Tilmanns point of view IIRC.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Evil on the loose wrote:About the line "Save your soul from eternal torment and glory in the everlasting agony of the Serpent Lord" - it seems self-contradictory. And what eternal torment of a follower of Tzeentch, is the priestess referring to anyway?

This is religion we are talking about it needs to make sense? Seriously though all religions (well most) belive that only they will get into what ever afterlife they belive in and everyone else will be eternaly damned, obviouly the Creoshions have a slightly unusual idea of what eternaly damned means as they would probobly see the christian vision of hell and think Ohhh hot tubs! but thats basicly the idea.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

This is in conection with Draknirs fluff and will make sense if your read it. Anyways here it is.

Paperwork, normally Drainial hated paperwork but today’s sifting through official documents and signing various forms in the administration of Har Atha had uncovered something interesting. A report from a spy he had not heard anything from in years Mordainn Tharkyn. Thumbing open the wax seal Drainial swiftly read the letter.

My lord and master Drainial Athalir high prophet of The Changer Of Ways, master of Har Atha and First Lord of the Warping fire, I bring to you tidings of great import to your self and your allies in the great undertaking of which you are now part.

As you are no doubt aware my lord, Malikith has dispatched many nobles of various standing in the pursuit of the artefact known as the Nemesis crown. What you do not know my lord Prophet is that the raiding of the Old World and the recovery of the crown are but a part of his plans. In addition to these goals and many minor schemes he has decided that the time has come to hunt down those he claims have rebelled against him. You are one of those named my lord. Some of the more notable figures on the list include Dizuane Cadsane the ex lady admiral of the Ashen feet, Gorganeth high priest of the heathen cult of Chreosh and an elf cited a place of great importance known as Rackieth the exiled. There are several powerful nobles including the lord Fingol Darkwater who are actively searching for you and these others my lord and there is a great reward promised for any nobles to bring your head to Malikith.

I have other news my lord. I am closely observing and supervising one Lord Draknir Helgar. Though he claims loyalty to Malikith he has little regard for the Whitch Kings edicts. I do not know what his plans are however it is clear that he is seeking the Nemmisis crown and and rebels he may come across. Currently his Black Ark The Palace of Eternal Torment is run aground. An Asur spy managed to escape captivity and sabotage the Darkwell, he has met with a lord from another ark whose name I have not yet discovered for Lord Draknir has no liking for me. I think that the Darkwell will soon be operational again.

In addition to this the Asur spy whom we captured was interrogated and broken reviling some very interesting information amidst a torrent of useless gossip, first he claims that a whole legion has been dispatched from Hoeth to Tor Thana, next he says that with them there are several mages well versed in the arts of laying bound spirits to rest. It seems they wish to rid the Tor of its past inhabitants.

I remain as always your humble servant my lord Prophet of the Changer of Ways.

Mordainn Tharkyn.

Now this was interesting, opportunists seeking rebels he had anticipated but if Malikith had truly dispatched many nobles with the express purpose of apprehending any rebels against Malikith then he had certainly made the right decision in coming to Tor Thana. News of this Draknir Helgar would probobly serve only as general information but it was allways good to know every thing that was going on. The last piece of information was most troubling, yesterday Lord Rackieth’s young whelp Diana had come to the council claming that she knew how to bend restless spirits to her will and that she could teach others, that had long been his plans but he was damned if he knew where she had learned how to do so. But if the Asur succeeded in laying those spirits to rest they had to be stopped. He had come to far to fail now, Tor Thana must be his. The Asur must be stopped!
Last edited by Drainial on Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gentleman of Moderation
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Wow great revealing story. The letter was well written, and i cannot wait intil the next part.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Nice story, and how you linked Mordainn to the fluff, is good. One minor problem is that Mordainn sits in his office in Naggarond, not on the black ark. He has his own ways to see to Draknir's Ark (being Tzeentchian witch), but however he is not aboard it.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I shall fix my error imediatly.

Gentleman of Moderation
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

I just noticed. I guess that Mordainn has looked wrongly trough his crystal ball if he writes that Draknir is joining the rebel forces of Tor Thana. It would be nice to join, but the problem is that my area is the Howling Heights rather than Barren Hills (as I game in the Northern Europe) Have I written that I'll be joining? If i have, I have to fix my own error as quickly as possible. Sorry.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Again I shall corect my second error, I realy should have read your story more carfuly.

Gentleman of Moderation
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Sorry for additional trouble, maybe I didn't just detail enough. That one is true though that he doesn't care that much about Witch King's edicts (shipping a renegade and that) it was that Mordainn cheated Draknir to leave to the Old World. Mordainn has no interest in the crown for himself- maybe he'll tell lies to Draknir about Drainial being a trusty ally...
Evil on the loose
Warrior

Drainial Shadowheart wrote:This is religion we are talking about it needs to make sense? Seriously though all religions (well most) belive that only they will get into what ever afterlife they belive in and everyone else will be eternaly damned, obviouly the Creoshions have a slightly unusual idea of what eternaly damned means as they would probobly see the christian vision of hell and think Ohhh hot tubs! but thats basicly the idea.
Too bad you didn't see the point, but there is no need to get defensive about it anyways. Otherwise your writing is really great. :D
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I am not being defensive, please clarify your point I am just a little confused.

Gentleman of Moderation
Gooner
Corsair

Post by Gooner »

Drainial Shadowheart wrote:Creoshions have a slightly unusual idea of what eternaly damned means as they would probobly see the christian vision of hell and think Ohhh hot tubs!

I'm just catching up on some of these posts (man you guys post fast!) and wanted to say that this made me spit coffee on the screen when I saw it! :lol:
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

Gooner wrote:wanted to say that this made me spit coffee on the screen when I saw it! :lol:
Glad you shared that one with us Gooner, that is really nice too know :).
Gooner
Corsair

Post by Gooner »

Just spreading the joy... ;)
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well I just had my first battle of the capagain, and this is it in story for, this has not been changed at all, this is realy what happened, well read on. The idea is basicly that with the army on the march to Tor Thana Kilith and several other small forces are out on the flanks of the army making sure that no forces are lurking to ambush them or some thing similar. Any way enjoy!

Kilith walked his cold one through the sparse trees and into a fairly large clearing, on the outskirts of the forest there were many such gaps in the trees where either logging or whatever disaster had laid waste to the Barren Hills had punched holes in the verdant woodland. However this particular clearing was different, for although there were many such clearing few of them contained quite so many Ogres. There were not too many of the brutes; most of them where loosely grouped into a single unit that closed to something approaching ranks and files at the sight of his elves. They seemed to be lead by a hideous brute who carried two vast weapons, that Kilith would have struggled, to lift with nonchalant ease. He was accompanied by a vast corpulent hulk of an ogre that appeared to have attempted a crude version of the Khainites barbaric bathing in blood. This unit seemed to be accompanied by some machine that seemed to be some form of catapult and yet was being hurriedly loaded with the most bazaar set of items he had ever seen from a huge cleaver that looked of ork origin too a live hedge hog. Several Gnoblers, the slave beasts of the ogres, manned this strange contraption. A larger band of the diminutive green skins had made a fairly laughable attempt at forming up in ranks. Another handful of ogres stood in-between the large ogre regiment and the Gnoblers, alarmingly they each carried what looked to be a small canon! All of these things faded into the background when one looked at the final member of this small warband. A huge ogre was dwarfed by a beast that could only be described as titanic, it clearly resembled the animal pulling the catapult but was far larger with a shaggy coat that could have provided coats for half the nobility of Har Atha, its horns were each a good four feet long and looked sharp enough to rip through an elf with ease.

He him self was not without a considerable force however. Turning round he ordered his knights to form on him facing the large unit of ogres and the huge rhinox rider on the right flank of the clearing, the shades ran forwards to take position in a small thicket of trees that was just to the left of his knights. Next he ordered one of the crossbow elf units to the left flank along with Siress, a sorceress of the coven of the changer; they were facing the Gnoblers and the catapult. The other cross bow warriors took the middle ground alongside Rhavina, another sorceress accompanying his force (and a pompous pain in the arse who did not match up to the general stereo type of all sorceresses being beautiful enough to charm a Nurgle daemon). And finally, dominating the centre of the Druchii line, Gluck, a giant who had been captured a few years ago. He would certainly be of use today. Now they would show this unwashed rabble what fighting really ment.

With a defining bellow the ogres advanced, the large unit running headlong towards Kilith and his knights, the shades made sure they ran into a hail of fire which managed to bring two of them to the ground, pierced by a score of bolts. Never one to refuse a challenge Kilith gave a great cry of his own and charged headlong into the brutes.

The hit the foul beasts with a huge crash of steel on flesh, the huge leader roared what appeared to be some kind of challenge, the commander of the knights was only to pleased to accept and Kilith certainly had no wish to tackle the brute. Instead his lance pierced deep into the throat of another of the ogres and brought it down in a cacophony of bellows and fountains of blood, the lances of the other knights added to the carnage and though the ogres struck back with their fine elfin plate protecting them not a single knight fell! This was all too much for the undisciplined rabble and they turned tail and attempted to flee, they did not however get very far before the lances of the knights of Har Atha were slamming into their backs!

Turning to look over the battle field Kilith saw that the giant was in combat with the great Rhinox and its rider, he felt a great sense of anger swell up in him as the great hairy beast gutted Gluck and gorged his dieing body, wheeling around with his knights he readied for yet another charge. However he also noticed that on the left flank the Gnoblers and their contraption had been destroyed, the looked just in time to see the last of the lead belchers brought down by a combination of magic and the repeater crossbows of his warriors, thus far not a single elf had fallen.

The Rhinox rider appeared unaware of the knights massing behind him, or simply did not care, and charged his great steed at the shades, hidden in the wood though they were. No doubt the bolts still lodged in his flesh were a major factor in this decision. Naturally the shades of the shadow serpents decided, quite sensibly, that they would rather be else where and fled through the copse of trees, just as the rider slowed to attempt to navigate these large leafy things that now stood in his path the Knights of Har Atha charged in, lances lowered and pennants streaming, there lances cut deep into the beasts flesh and it and the steed it was riding roared in pain, the knights easily evaded its clumsy strikes but then the Rhinox kicked out with a huge foot and sent one of the knights flying through the air, cold one and all! However the beast realised that it was overmatched and attempted to flee, only to be caught in the woods and be picked off by several volleys from the shades.

Plucking off his helmet Kilith cantered to the centre of the field where the lordlings and the sorceresses had gathered as he reached them he spoke.
“Well all of you, report, what’s the butchers bill?” The lordling in command of both regiments of warriors spoke first
“None my lord,” The elf was grinning openly, and so he should be, it was a rare battle when none of your charges were slain.
“And what of your elves blood shade?
“Also none,” Although he showed no respect for his rank Kilith liked the elf, and he certainly liked the news.
“So we have lost but one elf this day then” Kilith said.
“Not so my lord,” came an unexpected voice. All of the leaders turned to see an elf in battered armour, one arm hanging motionless, obviously broken. The armour also had a huge dent in the centre of the breastplate. His cold one did not look in much better condition. But they were alive; his knight had clearly survived his short meeting with a Rhinoxen’s foot. The grin on Kilith’s face grew even wider.
“So our only casualty was are great giant! Still it is a shame to loose him. He was surprised when one of the sorceresses spoke.
“I have looked over his wounds, they are serious but treatable, with magic. Gluck or what ever that thing is supposed to be called will not fight for a while, but he will live.”
“So not a single death. An auspicious beginning indeed! With a force such as this how can Tor Thana not fall to our might?” Kilith shouted to the heavens, the slate grey sky had no answer, Kilith took that as a good sign.

Gentleman of Moderation
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

Sounds like that win was a mix of good tactics and incredible luck.
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Yup, I only beat the ogres by one and they roled a ten for their leadership test, if that had not hapend the battle could have gone much diferantly, but it didn't so yay!

Gentleman of Moderation