On the plains...

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

On the plains...

Post by Tilmann spyri »

The wind blew harshly over the plains of the Barren Hills. Any human would find it intolerable, but to the Dark Elves, it was neigh gentle. After all, these winds were precious little to those in the lands of the Naggarochi. Indeed, a massive force of the Dark Kindred was even then out on the plains, under a noonday sun, by order of the Khaladh Oriour Har; a body which had the intention of reclaiming the ancient ruins of Tor Thana, and establishing a new city atop the old. The council had ordered all forces to assemble in rank, outside the camp.

There the true kin of Aenarion were, in all their glory, row after row of polished shields and spears, myriad emblems, but all gleaming beneath the mid day sun. The more elite elements of the rebel army are already upon the Arks, ready to set sail. But every son and daughter of Aenarion upon this field was a sight to behold. From the serpent symbols of the cult of Choresh, to the chaotic sigils of the inhabitants of Har Atha; from the black and gold of House Fellblade, which was shared by their loyalist allies from Lord Rashia (the only way to tell the two was to look for the tell-tale ice blue runes on the banners of Kaihlik’s elves) to the colours of the countless other bands that had assembled, every elf upon that field was resplendent in full battle dress.

The council stood in front of the troops, taking the salute. They nod, in perfect time with each other, and the host stood at ease. Coming to the front, in jet black armour fit in every way for one far higher born than he, and an enchanted blade at his side, the Exile Lord, Rackeith, master of this grand army addresses the force assembled upon the plain.

“Come my brothers and sisters, Ulthuan is weak, Naggaroth decadent, Finubar a pretender and Malekith an obsessive. Let us create a realm worthy of the kin of Aenarion. Such a place lies within our grasp if we but reach out and claim it."

He began to pace back and forth before the assembled cohorts, but he talked as fluidly as if he were standing perfectly still.

“Ulthuan has dispatched an army unparalleled. No fewer than nine legions have been sent to this miserable forest. And one of those is coming to take the Tor, to rob us of our heritage, to take from us that which is ours by right. Will we let this stand?”

A resounding “No” met the ears of the Sorcerer Lord. He smiled.

“We will not! The False Kindred outnumber us. They have countless mages of thrice cursed Hoeth at their command. Our spies even heard that one of the high commanders of this “Expeditionary force” may be beside them.”

Rackeith laughed at his own words.

“I care not. Should we meet mages of Saphery, or even this “Admiral Giladas” upon the field of battle, we will show them just what it means to oppose us “

“Remember, we are Druchii. We are the greatest soldiers this world has ever seen. Though our foes may outnumber us, they shall never overpower us. We have no equals in the art of warfare. Not the False-Elves, nor the stunted ones, and certainly none of the realms of man come close to our abilities upon the field of battle.”

The exile Lord grew quieter now, but more emotional, and more fervent than none could ever remember him. It was evident that he was now speaking from the heart.

“Remember what I have said, Sons and Daughters of Aenarion. Our foes are legion. They have backing from Ulthuan, full support in every action, and reinforcements without limit. Every tactical and strategic point is in their favour, bar one.”

He was silent for a moment, as he looked at the faces of the assembled army, and just for that instant, he could see despair in their eyes. But that was banished by his next words, which he screamed to the howling winds.

“AND THAT IS US! We are without peer upon the field of battle. Whatever happens, we shall emerge victorious against any foe”

His voice became louder with every word, and the excitement of the massed elves did naught but grow.

“So, let all the mages of Hoeth, all the princes of Saphery, all the idiotic, self proclaimed “Swordmasters” and this thrice cursed Admiral come. They shall learn of defeat, death and total failure for now they shall meet soldiers and stratagems far superior to anything from Ulluthan.”

Rackeith is quieter now, but only just.

“Druchii, I bid you make ready to sail, for now we depart for this conflict. Our victory awaits us. Let us seize it with both hands. We leave at sundown.”

A cheer met the Exile Lord as he bowed to his allies, to signify the end of his speech. With all the precision of an army, the massed host returned to camp, (With its generals behind it, walking together) to ready their belongings, supplies and all the other paraphernalia of war, before boarding the silent black ships, in perfect order, with every elf, every blade, every bolt thrower, crossbow and each and every other item checked, registered and allocated.

Finally, when ready, the ships of the Khaladh Oriour Har set sail, moving along this river with speed no normal boat could match.

One of the bloodiest, deadliest and most famous battles of the great Nemesis War was about to begin.

The battle for Tor Thana.

OOC this is set after everyone else has joined up. So don't worry those who havn't finished yet.
Gooner
Corsair

Post by Gooner »

That's awesome Tilmann, well done. I can't wait for battle to be joined.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Nice speach, Athalir for Khladh Oridor Har!

P.S we leave at sunset? Do you realy want us all to crash? Our ships are painted black for Tzeentch's sake!
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Hay, we've got night vision. ;)
Gooner
Corsair

Post by Gooner »

Have we? Like cats or like the SAS? Because if we're talking like the SAS then I want better war machines.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

In other news, I've just seen the UK HE order.

Legion VIII (UK): Secure Tor Thanna at all costs

Ah, well, if they want high casulaties, who are we to argue. :D
_maelstrom_
Shade

Post by _maelstrom_ »

Brilliant stuff tilmann, i like it alot. let the asur bring it on we will shatter their petty legion, I will have my first blood tomorrow (if TK have blood lol) should finish my fluff right up to where you are now soon, and then i will write up my battles against me m8.