Battle of the Beligos Hill

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

But we ranked higher in the hills. Check the weekly reports. we came 4th, you got 8th (i think.) You lost.

no, the weekly reports change with the daily.
the battle of Beligos Hill was yesterday only, and we finished higher when the scores reset this morning.

yesterday the Asur finished with 6.3 and the Druchii with 5.1, right now its 5.9 Druchii and 5.4 Asur on the weekly scores.

while currently for today's scores it is 6.2 Druchii and 5.4 Asur, more or less the opposite of yesterday.

so yes the Asur did win the battle for the Hill
Last edited by Voodoomaster on Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

So you got the hill. How do you like the outline I preposed for the battle?
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

First of three part report of the battle. This one's pretty much finished.

The march of the elves of Naggaroth is a great sight.

Before all else, before the politics, the religion, the culture, and all the rest, the Druchii are a warrior people. They march quickly, in total synchronisation, with their black banners flying above them, and obsidian horns blowing graceful, yet bloodcurdling notes to the wind. The whole army marched in twin column, no mean feat for a force of this size. They were a mass of darkness, with the only change being the mottled flesh of the War-Hydras, and the pale skin of the witch elves. Even these though kept in good order.

In it’s midst, the Khaladh Oriour Har were at conference. The planning of a war was no light matter, and so, they were seated upon a wheeled platform of onyx, encircled by jet black serpents carved with all the skill and grace one would expect of elven craft, around the Exile Lord’s war table. The slaves that pulled it were Asurite, quite a rarity, but then this was the council. A show of status was felt to inspire the troops.

Down the gap betwixt the columns, another figure road, against the “tide”, towards the black conclave. As she came into sight, the elves raised their weapons instinctively, but as she came closer they lowered them. They knew this rider by now. She came alongside the council table, jumped on to it, and tied her horse’s reigns to the head of one of the snakes. The council turned to look at her in astonishment.

Lisa von Kahajen bowed, and then began her report.

“My lords. I have ridden since first light to bring you this report.” She winced at the phrase “first light”, and one or two of the council struggled to suppress a smile. The Lady Knight continued.

“The Asur have moved to take the gatehouse. They have started attempting to consolidate the city earlier than we expected.”

“Already?”

Lisa did not even have to look to recognise her new lord. She simply nodded. Rackeith sighed deeply, but kept calm.

“Five days earlier than expected. What in the warp are they thinking?”

He turned to Gorgoneth, Avatar of Choresh who was their principle source of intelligence on the traitor kin. He shrugged.

“I don’t know. Nothing of the sort was intended when the legion deployed, I am certain of it.” He turned to von Kahajen

“You say they have already taken the gatehouse?”

“Yes. Though they hadn’t fully mobilized yet.”

“That suggests fresh information.” It was Lord Areon Fellblade, the de facto leader of the loyalists who spoke now “A new element; from their view at least. “

“You don’t mean they’ve found out about us?” One of the minor lords broached the idea.

The assembled leaders laughed heartily at the thought, though a skilled observer might have noticed just a flicker of doubt on the faces of some of the more senior members. Areon’s however was not one of them.

“Oh, of course not. They are Asur after all. But they must have heard something.”

“Well…”

Rackieth interrupted the joviality. It was evident that he was looking at this very seriously. Hand upturned he gestured, in enquiry, to the assembled lords.

“How do we respond to this”?

The council looked worried, as the weight of their situation dawned. None of them could see a way of fighting outright the very force all their plans had revolved around avoiding until they could build their strength somehow. But…

“If I may, mi’lord. I think I know how we may yet turn this to our advantage.”

The leaders were stunned. Even Rackeith seemed surprised by the prompt answer. Slowly, they turned to look at the rather quiet elf that had made the suggestion. He was Syneri Gaunt, a minor loyalist commander whose forces had joined the army on the march. Since then none of the lords could recall him speaking a word. He smiled slightly, lifted his helmet from his head, and pulled one of the maps towards him. Then he continued with the full attention of every one else at the table.

“It merely requires…”
_maelstrom_
Shade

Post by _maelstrom_ »

Good work Tillmann its well written, yay Areon is the leader of the loyalist faction. Im goining to catch up with you lot on my fluff now plus i will need to write in my encounters with my mates TK when we battle tomorrow.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

De facto. In other words, leader by defualt . ;)
Tacitus
Cold One Knight

Post by Tacitus »

Yay, my 15 mins of fame =)

P.s. My account is back up and running, although they still removed my results :(
- The Black Host (Druchii) - 47/17/5
- Shamblin' Horde (VC) - 9/2/2

Working on - 10k of Druchii (Done) / 3k of Vampires (250 left to go) / 12k of Tau (Done)
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

I'm wroking on part two. I need a colour though. Any colour. Any ideas?
Tacitus
Cold One Knight

Post by Tacitus »

Purple (its the first thing that came to mind)

Working on - 10k of Druchii (Done) / 3k of Vampires (250 left to go) / 12k of Tau (Done)
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

OK. It's for our flag, just so you know. It is now, red, black, purple and light blue (azure ;) )With the symbol of our council in the center. Any better ideas?
Tacitus
Cold One Knight

Post by Tacitus »

I've got no qualms with that so go for it. If you manage to do a sketch/full colour picture make sure to post it, I'll add it to my in-store campaign roster :)

Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Oh, i'm not good at that sort of thing. It's just going to be mentioned. Drawing it is a job for our residant artist/slave. Maelstrom! ;)
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

What is our symbol? I cant recal anyone saying anything about one before.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

A runic symbol. A combination of the runes in our council name. Like in the top right here.

http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t243 ... t=page.jpg
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Part two. Sorry, but Drainial and Lisa hog the limelight for this one. Comments welcome.

The first major battle at Tor Thana had engulfed them, and Lisa von Kahajen was right in the thick of it.

Normally, she would be pleased about this. After all, the code of Abhorash required that it’s adherents test themselves against any odds in order to improve their martial prowess. Any odds were supposed to be acceptable.

You’ll forgive me, blood father, she reflected, as she parried the blade of one of the five Hoeth Swordsmasters attacking her, but somehow having to fight such an army, and more or less alone at that, is not, in my view, a sane challenge.

The elves had been alerted to there presence. A small raiding force had struck at the now taken gate. It had been beaten back just as they had arrived upon the hilltop. The response had been amazing. The Asur were at their throats with full force in less than a minuet.

Most of the dark elves had been routed. Many more lay dieing (too many, thought Lisa.) The only one remaining upon the hill was Lord Drainial Shadowheart. The Blood Dragon turned to look at him. He was covered with small cuts, where Asur blades had found a mark. Yet was fighting just as ferociously as she, with spell and blade proving the end many Asur. However, the two of them were not the equal of an army.

Suddenly, a blade was at her throat. The fact that it was glowing (a slight aura of light blue) marked it as magical, and thus having the potential to kill even her. She looked up, and saw her captor in full gleaming, rune bedecked armour. His rank was obvious. The prince raised his helmet’s visor, and spoke to his captive, the thrill of victory clear in his voice.

“You are ours now, human. Your dark allies are beaten. Stay quiet, and you may yet live.”

With fear apparent in her eyes, Lisa von Kahajen met the gaze of her new acquaintance.

“Tell me, who have I the honour of addressing.”

She had said the right thing. The elf

“I am Aethis of Nagarythe, human. Prince of the Asur...”

The elf smirked at his victory as he continued

“And a far greater swords-master than you could ever hope to be.”

This was not a wise thing to say to a blood dragon. Lisa’s eyes flared as she hissed up at the Nagarythii lord, pride and anger obvious on her every feature

“Well two things, oh valiant prince. Firstly…”

She grabbed his blade hand in hers, and squeezed with all her might. The pointed gauntlet penetrated the armour as if it were paper, making the elf cry out in pain, as his palm spat blood through the holes. His hand was so badly injured as to be pathetic, but more importantly, he dropped his sword. This gave the Vampiress her chance. In a second, the Shard-blade was rising to Aethis’ throat. Lisa spun around… and the tables had been turned. With the prince’s shadow warrior bodyguard looking on in horror, she resumed.

“Firstly, “Aethis”, your skills with the blade are not proved by your ability to ambush me. In a fight, I assure you, arrogant one, I am your superior.”

“And second…”

The Blood Dragon beamed; as much at the listening High Elves as her would be captor.

“Well, look down there. See for yourself.

The elves all turned, to look as she pointed…. And a cry of horror rang out.

A tide of shadow had ripped through the camp in their absence. Finest white cloth elven tents had been trampled into the ground by the main body of the Dark Elven army. The small force the Asur had left to hold the place had been ripped thru, and a pair of very different banners now flew above the gatehouse. Not pure black. Lisa had insisted on that. Instead, it was quartered. Red, black, purple… and azure. A nice little touch. Backing the runic symbol of the council in Duruk-Erathrin. The gate was open. More dark elves, those who had run from the hill were flocking to it.

A very clever stratagem. Well-done Gaunt. Thought Lisa to herself.

The Asur may have won this battle, but Rackeith had won his as well.

Now; we just need to get out of this infernal mess

Drainial had been far from idling whilst all this was going on. He had so far managed to hold off no less than a score of militia. At least fifteen more lay underfoot, their strange glowing wounds giving silent testament to the raw power of his chaotic blade. Granted, he could not keep this up forever… But he didn’t have too. With barely a pause in his blade strokes, he whistled, or seemed to. No one could hear the note, but one other could.

From the skies, a solid mass of fire, death and swirling colours descended upon the hilltop. The elves that were attacking the Tzenchian lord met their deaths in the maw of the Chaos Dragon. None of the others felt like charging this monstrosity. Many turned and ran. Only the Hoeth Swords-elves held their ground, though even they thought twice before charging. They readied their blades however, on instinct as much as courage.

Shadowheart didn’t wait long. He jumped on to the Dragon’s back with skill born of long practice, and just a touch of fear. Even if most of the elves had seen sense, the Swordsmasters were still evident. It was a rare person indeed who could remain entirely calm with the servants of the White Tower as their opposition.

“Come on, knight.”

Lisa took her blade from Aethis’ throat. She was stronger than her frame would lead you to believe. Before he had a chance to react, she threw him, fine armour and all, right at the Swords-elves. With a smile and a sarcastic wave, she jumped up on to the dragon, behind its master. The great beast seemed a tad disconcerted by her presence, but was too well trained to react badly in the heat of battle. The blood dragon tipped an ironical solute to the elf that a few moments before had held her prisoner.

“Farewell, prince of Nagarythe. Perhaps, we’ll meet again before this is over”

With a great roar, the majestic chaos dragon spread its wings, and took to the air.
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

Is it just me or is Dranial turning into a bit of a ladies man
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Not what was thinking when i wrote it. :P but looking back, I can see how you got the idea.

But with Lisa! I mean, not only the whole species thing, but she's... Urgh. !eek!
_maelstrom_
Shade

Post by _maelstrom_ »

very nice work again Tillmann, i may have to draw up a duel between lisa and the prince to put on this sections page in the compilation.

Drawing it is a job for our residant artist/slave. Maelstrom!

slave! how dare thee lol

If you think of a combination of runes to represent the Khaladh Oriour Har like you did with each character and PM them me i'll draw up some rough designs that every one can pick from.
did Kaihlik send you the links to the first 3 runes i did?
ive still got to do the ones for Rackieth, Drainial and Gorgoneth plus any other you want to add in.
Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

If the Asur won the day and the Druchii won the week wouldn't the conclusion be that the Asur may have won the battle but was slaughtered on a larger scale?
Andreas
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

We got the gatehouse. They took a hell of a lot more casualties than nessecary.
Tacitus
Cold One Knight

Post by Tacitus »

Thats one nice piece of background there Tilmann. To continue our good fortune aginst the forces of light I won a total of 4 games over the course of today at my local GW, all against Empire (but lost to a Tzeentch Daemon Host) ... expect results/battle reports soon =)

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Yey Tzeentch deamons, great story BTW, I will probobly write it up from Drainial's point of view. On another note just read my latest instalment to see how Drainial certainly has is eye on Diana.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation