GW purging results

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Drek
Malekith's Best Friend

GW purging results

Post by Drek »

I've been watching the leaderboard in the Talabec borders, because not long after the campaign began several players racked up huge numbers of wins in only a few days. Among them were a Dark Elf general Malus something-or-other (with 22+ wins), a dwarf general Bruenor (over 20 as well), and a couple others

Neither remains atop the leaderboard, and I can't find either of those two anywhere. So it appears that GW was paying attention, and that they have been removed on suspicion of cheating.

For which I say "Thank you, GW, and well done."
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

Ooh, that does indeed sound very nice. Good to hear that they take action in these kinds of cases.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

GW said they would be watching for cheaters, someone didn't listen :lol:
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Do they suspend you on suspicion of cheating? I can understand 20 wins all massacre is pretty sus, but what happens if you have like 5-7 games nearly all massacre.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slerac fellblade »

It's kinda bad for the good players like myself my DE generally win.
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them
Bonemagus
Cold One Knight

Post by Bonemagus »

The guy they took down (Malus Darkblade) was 35 wins, 1 draw, and 1 loss in the first week. He had I think 33 Massacares. He played the same 7-8 players over and over again and those players apparently played no one else in the campaign. There wasn't a single battle Report posted by either side in any of those battles.

GW said they would go after cheaters and did but they also said they would investigate them. So I doubt if you have like 7-8 games and have been honest about it that when they investigate they are going to think you cheated. I mean even if someone cheats at 1 game thats something unlikely to get noticed and/or caught even if it was. But when you claim to have played like 7-8 games a day against the same people who don't play anyone else and just keep massacaring them. That seems a little bit fishy...

I looked into this guy myself very closely as I was ranked right behind him for a few days. Everything I have stated above are facts from me looking at him. I am sure GW tried to contact some of these other players, checked IP addresses or other such things as they made the choice to go after this likely cheater.
Drek
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Drek »

It's not bad for DE players specifically because there was a Dwarf player and an Empire player that did it too.

Bonemagus wrote:He played the same 7-8 players over and over again and those players apparently played no one else in the campaign.

I looked at the guy as well, and this is correct. No one he had played had played anyone else. At least he wasn't a total idiot and fabricated a few non-massacres :roll:
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

No kidding, when I logged on to the leader board, almost all of the top players had the eye sign for 'I have my eye on you' and when I logged on again more than 2/3s of these suspected players accounts had been deleted.

Not saying Games workshop was being cruel or mean, I'm just saying how cool it was to see all dem cheaters get eradicated. Man it felt good to get rid of cheaters.
Sanity... is for the weak!
Warpix
Beastmaster

Post by Warpix »

I looked up that player as well, I was surprised that he wasn't posting any fluff or for that matter, any battle reports at all, is everyone else here posting battle reports with fluff or what?
Drak'Ne
W6/S3/T3/D5/I3
Equipment: Short and Long Sword, 2xDagger, 20G, Cloak, Pendant
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy, Basic Defensive Fighting
Lord malek
Beastmaster

Post by Lord malek »

I always include a bit of fluff as best I can and an actual account but brief of what actually happned in the game. I only play against two people at the moment.
Sa'an'ishar
Bonemagus
Cold One Knight

Post by Bonemagus »

I always include a tiny bit for certain and if I have time (sometimes late at night and very tired) I will post longer ones. If I am not tired and/or trying to beat the reporting deadline for the day.

I can't say I won't ever report without some fluff or a battle report but I will put some in as often as I can. When I can I will put in a lot. It does certainly add something to the campaign I think especially if you have a local group that is all watching each other play. :)
Bonemagus
Cold One Knight

Post by Bonemagus »

Opps posted in the wrong thread.
Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

None of the 5 best players seem to be posting any battle reports :?
Andreas
Warpix
Beastmaster

Post by Warpix »

yeah but the top player like that is currently marked with a "!" so, I think that palyer my be marked for suspicious behavior
Drak'Ne
W6/S3/T3/D5/I3
Equipment: Short and Long Sword, 2xDagger, 20G, Cloak, Pendant
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy, Basic Defensive Fighting
Malys the younger
Beastmaster

Post by Malys the younger »

Without knowing one way or the other, the top players victims also have some wins under their belts also, unlike some of the flagrant cheating where people "play against" others that have no wins, and all massacres, etc. I'm just glad that GW is actively looking at this to keep the campaign balanced.
Drek
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Drek »

Here's another cheater:

link

I clicked on 3 of his opponents, and they had all played only him and one 'unregistered' general. Check back in a few days, this dude will be toast.

Shame he's druchii, but there are cheaters of every race.
Bonemagus
Cold One Knight

Post by Bonemagus »

Yeah I and I just reported one more that might be sneakier cheat. They have only played some of the players with 40 or even 70+ wins getting Massacres. Those loses are those big players only losses and Massacres to this guy who is 3-0.

I mean its pretty sad that people have nothing better to do with their time then sit around and fake 20-30 accounts so they can do this...
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

GW said they would go after cheaters and did but they also said they would investigate them. So I doubt if you have like 7-8 games and have been honest about it that when they investigate they are going to think you cheated. I mean even if someone cheats at 1 game thats something unlikely to get noticed and/or caught even if it was. But when you claim to have played like 7-8 games a day against the same people who don't play anyone else and just keep massacaring them. That seems a little bit fishy...

To make a note, while I haven't actually seen the system, the GW person who coded it said that there are six "flags" to indicate if somebody is cheating. You need to qualify for all six conditions (or 4+, or something like that) to get the exclamation mark saying you're a suspected cheater. From then, subsequent checks are run, and IIRC if you meet those conditions, then you're deleted.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Malys the younger
Beastmaster

Post by Malys the younger »

Looks like someone familiar is back.

Malus Darkblade
Naggarond Infiltrators

This account seems to look alot like the former #1. The same cheesy, all lower case battle reports sprinkled with profanity. You'd think there is a huge prize (other than the Crown of course) for winning. Egad.
Lord malek
Beastmaster

Post by Lord malek »

Iv got a mark next to my name.

i only play two of my mates and we always play at my house as i don't like going to Bromly GW too many little kids or fat old men lol and the B.O!!!! lol

i do write a little report of each battle in character and a lilttle explentaion of what happned but im not the kind of person to write a count for count report.

I hope i don't get banned it would put me off any campaign in the future aswell and i would like the Druchii to do well in this.

**We also do all our website stuff at my house so IP is the same**
Last edited by Lord malek on Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derathini
Executioner

Post by Derathini »

i have got the same problem in that all the result of my battles have been against the same 2 people registered at mine as that is where they have been played meaning the ip is the same
i'm quite worried as i am under suspicison and i have been the winner for most of the battles between us

don't know what i can do to allievate their suspicion
where will you hide when death comes for you!
Bonemagus
Cold One Knight

Post by Bonemagus »

Just send in an email to the support staff telling them what's up. Have you been playing some sort of massive number of games in a short period of time?
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Bonemagus wrote:Just send in an email to the support staff telling them what's up. Have you been playing some sort of massive number of games in a short period of time?

Support staff are a bit hard to get a hold of. I sent them an email two days ago and still no sign of a response. Whether it's because they've got a backlog, they're busy with other things or just plain aren't responding, I don't know.

EDIT: Wait, I just got a response now. It's all good. :D
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slerac fellblade »

No on at the store I play at has registered on the website. The ones that have were only in the campaign for like the first two weeks and are on vacation for he whole summer. So all my games are against unregistered opponents it sucks balls because I know I must have an exclaimation point next to my name or some such nonsense.
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them