The Week 2 update...confusion.

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Tacitus
Cold One Knight

The Week 2 update...confusion.

Post by Tacitus »

Just finished reading the week 2 update from the NC site and I've got to hand it to GW for being -highly- selective with fluff (i.e. ignoring ours entirely and providing a HE/Dwarf landslide victory, see below).

Nabbed from the HE section:

'At Beligos Hill an outnumbered Dwarven force was aided by a host of Mithril clad elves who broke the flank of the attacking forces, winning the day for the armies of light.

In exchange the Dwarves have promised to repay their debt by aiding in their defence of the ruins of Tor Thana which stands under siege from countless sources.

The only failing of the Asur in this expedition has been their efforts to prevent the Druchii from arriving in the region. The blockades set up by the fleets of Finubar were unable to prevent the Black Arks of the Dark Elves landing on the coasts of the Old World . Now, the Elves of Ulthuan have a new task; to seek out the location of their treacherous cousins and drive them back to the cold land that they now dwell in.

The search for the Dark Elves' camps has already begun. One Prince Azharan has successfully located and routed a band of the dark kin near Mattengrad, and things will go ill for the Druchii who continue to terrorise the Old World if other High Elf commander can follow his lead.'

I'm going to go with 'umm, right' as a response to this.
- The Black Host (Druchii) - 47/17/5
- Shamblin' Horde (VC) - 9/2/2

Working on - 10k of Druchii (Done) / 3k of Vampires (250 left to go) / 12k of Tau (Done)
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Ya what!

Have you seen ours? we're apparently at Egondorf. I am Annoyed. Everyone else gets mentions, but we are outright ignored, and worse, contridicted.

I am not happy with GW :evil:
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Hnag on...

host of Mithril clad elves

Mithrill! Since when have we had Mithrill in warhammer? Who the hell wrote this?!
Lord achor
Slave on the Altar

Post by Lord achor »

Well it does say that the high elves have yet to find the dark elf camps, perhaps they will include that they find them inside tor thana next week.
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Tilmann Spyri wrote:Hnag on...

host of Mithril clad elves

Mithrill! Since when have we had Mithrill in warhammer? Who the hell wrote this?!

Yeah -- ain't it called Ithilmar??
Truly These are the End Times ...
Drek
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Drek »

Next thing you know, Legolas will show up.
Tacitus
Cold One Knight

Post by Tacitus »

The thing that galls me is the fact that its written in such a way that it should basically read - 'High Elves can do no wrong and will always succeed, even when the results say otherwise' - wheras we get stuck with stealing infants from a bunch of human towns, in total contradiction to our actual aims ...

Working on - 10k of Druchii (Done) / 3k of Vampires (250 left to go) / 12k of Tau (Done)
Jmandude
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Jmandude »

okay we got to put our backs into it and participate in more games. I do not want to see our wretched kin beating us. I am quite miffed that the woodies are beating us but I rather kill myself than to see the High elf beat us in the ranking system. My mission is to find every high elf and wood elf player and challenge them and crush them into submission.

I am quite furious that we get no decent fluff and we have got to dominate the campaign.
I reject your reality and substitute my own
Tacitus
Cold One Knight

Post by Tacitus »

Well the WE/Dwarf/Brettonian/Lizardman dominance of the campaign was kind of obvious to being with, seeing as they have access to lists on a level 'above' the rest ( :badh: ), and in the case of the first 3 this makes them highly popular (around here at least).

On the other hand, I'll also be damned if we lose to the High Elves ... my grudge match this weekend after Hexensnacht will be fun :twisted:

Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Aren't you going to be at Hexensnacht? Come if possible, the results there can really tip the scales.
Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

And lets try hard to find more Asur opponents to slaughter in Khaines name
Andreas
Lord Veshnakar
Highborn

Post by Lord Veshnakar »

No one's mentioned the fact that the charts say we're in 4th place but the weekly results put us in 11th. :(
"Do unto others before they do unto you."
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

I think that might be an events thing. UK druchii got a similar shift the other way last week.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

I know I've ranted about this already, but...

This is a summary of the events of the first week of the Nemesis Crown campaign. Next week's newsletter will bring you a more detailed account of the battles fought by each race, so keep reporting your battles if you want to influence your army's standing in the campaign!

Was at the bottom. Of a week two report. Let's hope they are working on somthing at least reasonably inderviduall. They did for Medusa.
Tacitus
Cold One Knight

Post by Tacitus »

Tilmann Spyri wrote:Aren't you going to be at Hexensnacht? Come if possible, the results there can really tip the scales.

Oh, I'm intending to be there as well, I've just got a willing victim (read: Asur) lined up for after its over. With 4 DE players at my local GW it shouldn't be to tough :twisted:

Kitsune
Trainee Warrior

Post by Kitsune »

I think GW have rigged the event in favour of dwarves and empire.
"Great minds think alike.Then again,so do stupid ones"
Giladis
Corsair

Post by Giladis »

And we as Elves won't stand it. I am glad the hill got mentioned but am slightly annoyed that it was Dwarfs fighting an unknown foe just to be save by Elves from another dimension.

I hope the sky duel will go better.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

I'm afraid we seem to have wne that one, Giladis. ;) Fluff to folow (BTW, would you mind having a look at what i've got for Belinos Hill? I'd like the perspective of a HE player on it.)
Giladis
Corsair

Post by Giladis »

I have read it but, vampires and chaos warriors are to dominant in your perspective. It is well written but I don't like it very much since you made Asur look like children. We are a challenge to each other though both sides are lothe to admit it. So maybe you could presente it in future, more of a fight while character comments to go along the lines of this story.

Also it seams GW does not acknoweledge your rebel group since they said something along the lines "Druchii are now united as never..."

Also here is an idea. Tor Thana is shifting in position so why don't we leave the poor old citadel alone as it moves to a different location and only introduce it back in the last week while we spend the time in between fighting in the Tor Thana region searching for the poping thing.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Both chars are lord level. A blood dragon, and a... Well, i'm not quite sure, but rather powerfull. Against spear malitia. Note, There were never swordmaster casualties. The Swordmasters were a serious threat indeed. The one lord level char there snuck up on Lisa, and thus his skill couldn't be really tested (as lisa commented)

I know there are casualties, but twenty of your weekest elves. Do I really make you look as bad as Goto makes the eldar? ;)

Where did you get that? I cant find it.

And if it keeps on shifting in position, we'd never be able to fight over it. GW should make that point clear, cos otherwise it's confusing.
Prince of arnheim
Renegade Reaver

Post by Prince of arnheim »

We are susposed to attack the Watchtower on the 14th. All efforts should put forth against the weakling Asur kin!
Giladis
Corsair

Post by Giladis »

"The terror of the Druchii in the Great Forest is greater than the countless previous raids for now the Dark Elves strike in unison. Carefully coordinated attacks are leaving the beleaguered defenders with little clue as to where the next will come. With so few survivors left after these attacks, rumours of the perpetrators of the crimes name everyone from the hated Elves of Ulthuan to the agents of the Empire itself. Sowing discord and rebellion amongst the citizens of the Empire is of the greatest satisfaction to the Witch King and his plans to disrupt the claims of all the interested parties is beginning to take shape."

From your weekly report
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Carefully coordinated attacks

In other words, focusing on one target at a time. Not political unity, military.

In fact, that helps us, as the rebels are working with some loyalists.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

It doesn't say that Tor Thana moves, just that few ever find it. Elves never looked for it before of course we can find it it was probobly enchanted to blind Dwarfs man and orks above all other races.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Yeah -- ain't it called Ithilmar??

"Ithilmar" is almost an anagram of "Mithril", and given that "Ithilmar" is an Eltharin word, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a corrupted Reikspiel form. It is irritating, though, I will admit.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors