I am REALLY confused about our 11th place result..

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord Veshnakar
Highborn

I am REALLY confused about our 11th place result..

Post by Lord Veshnakar »

I was watching us all week, and the reports said we were in 3rd or 4th place. But 11th?! What happened! Everyone before us kept their high rank.. Brits, Welves, Dwarves, and then we should have been 4th.. but 11th?!

Come on! This is purely ridiculous and is definately a slight of hand pulled by gamesworkshop, I was watching the numbers closely all week.
"Do unto others before they do unto you."
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Sounds about right for a very outdated list doesn't it?
Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

We are still 5th overall, not all that bad
Andreas
Tacitus
Cold One Knight

Post by Tacitus »

its still a surprise, seeing as a shift that major due to an event would include something like 'The Druchii were entirely routed from _______ (fill in mega battle)'
- The Black Host (Druchii) - 47/17/5
- Shamblin' Horde (VC) - 9/2/2

Working on - 10k of Druchii (Done) / 3k of Vampires (250 left to go) / 12k of Tau (Done)
Bonemagus
Cold One Knight

Post by Bonemagus »

Is the Scoring done overall like that or is it possible they do scoring in each region then compile the Regions? I know the Druchii have been dominating the Talabac Borders Region yet we lost 5 regions really badly last week (compared to 1 the first week.)

Also its certainly more than possible that the Druchii had heavier cheating than some of the other armies. Typically a large number of accounts seem to disappear before they tally the is completed.

While I doubt that was the factor in and of itself. It certainly could have been. I mean I know at least one of the Leaders in the Talabac Borders was cheating (8 results, 4 disputed, 4 pending and all of his battle reports were like I kicked his A!!, he's my B*&^$@.

I seriously doubt GW would undermine a world wide campaign like this just to make one faction win and another loose. For one if word ever got out it would seriously hurt their business more than the "few extra models they might sell if Chaos does well."

So I think this notion is crazy and unfounded. But hey a few cheaters with 20-30 games worth of masscares gets deleted plus the Druchii really have a bad day or two its more than possible to drop a lot of ranks fast.
Derathini
Executioner

Post by Derathini »

true,
but to lose 7 places in the hills after having been 4th all week is still hard to swallow i just don't understand how we could have fallen so far even with cheaters removed,
where will you hide when death comes for you!
Warpix
Beastmaster

Post by Warpix »

Well, Bonemagus has a point, the cheaters did after all have a very good percentage off all our games put together, and mind you that for every massacre that a cheater had, one of our opposing races had lost by that much, meaning that not only do we start to lose ranks, but other races got to gain ranks(that were probably rightfully theirs in the first place) meaning that even though that we may only drop one or two ranks, another race can shoot up by that many so that the difference becomes very noticeable.

In other words, there are two cars on a lonely street, Car 1 is moving and Car 2 isn't, Car 1 moves at a fairly average speed past Car 2, so it isn't too noticeable or notable, but lets re-do this scenario to match what's going on in nemesis crown. There are two cars on a lonely street, they are both moving at fairly average speeds at each other (in different lanes mind you) when they move past each other, it seems to each driver that the other driver is moving a whole lot faster than the stationary car that he/she had passed earlier.

I hope I managed to make it very clear to how we could drop so easily, even with our wins, we did have a bad day or two, but we still have enough time to make it up.
Drak'Ne
W6/S3/T3/D5/I3
Equipment: Short and Long Sword, 2xDagger, 20G, Cloak, Pendant
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy, Basic Defensive Fighting