gw rankin is fair and without cheating
36%
no, its not!!!
64%

Total votes: 36

Bonemagus
Cold One Knight

Post by Bonemagus »

Well they do basically tell you in the subtle way if you read the scenarios and fluff it talks as if its all in the past tense. Like the Mega Battle for the Tower of the Moonrise talks about the event happening shortly after the Chaos war using past tense...

Its not a matter of not changing the world but simply these campaigns aren't anything like World War 2 was to our world. They are much more smaller regional wars that aren't going to rewrite the entire history of the Warhammer World.

Besides every 2 years having a campaign where every corner of the warhammer world is Affected? (which is what you would need to have every race impacted significantly via fluff.)

This is a small war for one very powerful artifact but the holder of this crown isn't likely to suddenly become even the next Archeaon...

Not to mention let's examine the rumors around Storm of Chaos. Rumor GW loves Chaos its their best selling line they are going to make Chaos win so the kids will buy more spikey bit Chaos Warriors. Then the Forces of Light started winning and bragged they did it despite GW "working against them".

I think its sad that 2/3 of the people who voted in this poll think GW is cheating to hurt the Dark Elves (or anyone for that matter). I just can't believe how conspiracy theory ideas like this can affect otherwise smart and rational people.

But you see it with real world stuff too so I guess it shouldn't shock anyone that someone would imagine something so unlikely and foolish. Then ignore the vast majority of evidence simply because they have some gut feeling that the company who makes the models they love so much is plotting against them for the sake of other people who like their models so much.
High marshal vismark
Corsair

Post by High marshal vismark »

Even if DE get shafted so what? I mean they aren't gonna get rid of us.
No Pity!
No Remorse!
No Fear!
Itcamefromthedeep
Slave on the Altar

Post by Itcamefromthedeep »

Chaos lost in Storm of Chaos because they have a relatively weak list that is difficult to play. Dark Elves are doing badly in this campaign because they have a relatively weak list that is difficult to use effectively. Bretonnians are doing well because they have a list that is dead easy to use and win with: charge and run them down. Dwarfs are doing well because they are a really easy list to use: shoot stuff and hold your ground. Orcs are doing badly because, well, I'm not entirely sure but their list is not exactly spectacular or easy to use well.

In campaigns of this size the skill it takes to use an army effectively is a factor in how thye will do. I don't know the demographics behind who uses which forces but that likely has a serious effect.
Getwisteerd
Highborn
Location: The duke's forest (yes that's the name of the town I live in)

Post by Getwisteerd »

The strongest armies are: bretts, WE, dwarfs, lizzies, skaven, four of these armies are 'good' armies.

DE are a weaker army, how often do dark elves win big tournaments? not very often. Why would they win this campaign that consist of playing games when they can't win a tournament that consists of playing games? This conspiracy theory doesn't make any sense to me
Bonemagus
Cold One Knight

Post by Bonemagus »

I would say Dwarves and Skaven are a notch below the other three. I have only seen a Dwarf player win a tournament once (I have been to about 15...) But then again thats more than I have seen Vampire Counts, Dark Elves, Orcs, Skaven, Tomb Kings, Lizardmen, Empire, and High Elves win them.

Bretonians are by far the dominant army around Minnesota and Wisconsin right now. But part of that is the army and part of that is the really cool paint job, friendly nature, and high skill of 3-4 regional Bretonian Players.
Svart
Highborn

Post by Svart »

I think that such results are to be expected due to DE being direly underpowered atm.
...Evil will never creep into an empty head...
Jshirey
Warrior

Post by Jshirey »

Having played Chaos in Storm of Chaos, they didn't loose because they have a weak list. They lost because in the end because even with the cannon they added, Chaos is not a great list for besieging an enemy army. Empire and Dwarfs are the premier armies at that with all of their war machines. Storm of Chaos gave Chaos a very good list in the Daemonic Legion list. I had almost given up playing my Khornate daemonic army under the Hordes of Chaos book. With Storm of Chaos, the Daemonic Legion breathed new life into the army with the full ward save, higher leadership, daemonic herald, battle standard banner, and Bloodcrusher unit. Its still the army that I play in tournaments because I know it so well and I don't fear playing too many armies with it. Sure all my troops are frenzied but with 3 units of fast cavalry (flesh hounds) and one of heavy cavalry (bloodcrushers) supported by 3 blocks of infantry (bloodletters) and a daemonic herald battle standard bearer and a daemon prince, I'm farily confident against most foes.
Fleshcollector
Noble

Post by Fleshcollector »

A few months before the Nemesis Crown started, I picked up a wood elf army and have played it during the campaign. Having learned the game with DE, i soon discovered how much more powerful the Asrai are than the Druchii. My all-comers list is destroying any and all DE lists, which was most exemplified in my one-on-one 2250pts Hanging Tree battle against a DE general who is one of the more seasoned players at our club. Even after making over 60% of all armor saves vs my shooting and CC :shock: , I still managed to decimate his force while still battling the Hanging Tree to a loss.

To me, this was the final evidence I needed to realize that the DE are indeed weak when compared so some other armies. Even with his good luck on rolls, and my tactical error, he lost the game by the sheer beat-down the WE can deliver in addition to their movement, shooting, and magic capabilities. I find it hard to imagine how much DE would need to improve to be competitive, for no small fix will do.

DE's are still more fun to play because of their handicap so what are ya going to do?
Excuse me. I've come to harvest your flesh.
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

I reported a battle in the barren hills, a massacre against wood elves before the dark elves had a rating of 4.5 and four battles after 5 battles and a rating of 3.8 has my battle been ignored or is it lowest score wins?
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

so... we're last 2 weeks in a row and High Elves first 2 weeks in a row.. this is before the High Elves upgrades, sure it might not be accurate but still.
Innocent greed
Trainee Warrior

Post by Innocent greed »

Also funny that DE have been in the top 2 in the Räuberthal only to get all "top"-players deleted and beeing last right now at the same time that all other races keep there "good"-players.
I checked in the morning, went to my shop to play a nice little game and when i report it, DE are last and we all had a great laugh.... !mad!
Bonemagus
Cold One Knight

Post by Bonemagus »

Perhaps as it has been discussed before there are many Dark Elves players cheating that have been deleted. I have reported a few myself that are almost certainly cheating and I am glad these fairly obvious cheaters are being deleted from the campaign.

The idea that GW wants to cheat against Dark Elves is childish and absurd at best. Its almost laughable how someone can believe such a thing.
Lord malek
Beastmaster

Post by Lord malek »

Although I don't think GW are trying to screw DE (well maybe) I do think there was no way that DE were ever gonna do well im this. Being the bad guys...

If people are cheating which I feel many are then I don't see how GW can catch them out.

People say about about IP and how much fluff is written well looking at the leader board you have players with like 66 wins mainly massacres you look on most and the whole 1st page is massacres. With very little fluff or none all played at home.

The IP may be diffrent but I can easily go to my sisters and go on her comp or even next door (I can use theres).

All of my games are on my IP as we play are games at my house and report them at mine. I don't see why GW haven't deleted me yet....

In the end its sad people cheat in this but it cant be helped I wish GW would just be fair as it seems the DE players have been deleted and the other players with 50+ massacres in other races haven't.

Anyway I gave up on this a week ago so roll on the next raid on the Asur
Sa'an'ishar