Vrathgar's Monolith - Massacre Victory

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Jshirey
Warrior

Vrathgar's Monolith - Massacre Victory

Post by Jshirey »

Saturday I went to my local store and finally got in a game for Nemesis Crown. It was the Vrathgar's Monolith special event scenario. There were two good players there. A 3000 pt Empire army with two wizard lords and a 1000 pt Dwarf ally. I was the only evil player and so I was glad I brought my Khornate Daemonic Legion with me to assist my Dark Elves. Due to facing that much magic I ended up playing 3000 pts of my Khornate Daemonic Legion and only 1000 pts of Dark Elves because I needed the hand to hand combat and anti-magic that Khorne provides. What that gave me was 10 dispel dice and 4 scrolls to shutdown his magic plus 40 RxB and 2 RBT to support my Khornate Daemons. I basicly shutdown his magic phase. I then proceeded to destroy his two large units of great swords that also contained his wizard lords and war priests. I has alo taken out one unit of flagellants by shooting them to death and another unit only had it front rank left. I had also crippled one of his unit of knights. By the end of Turn 3 the Empire player resigned. My losses were minimal, a couple of bloodletters and flesh hounds plus one of my two daemon princes that died to his mage with Van Hel.... Speculum. Needless to say it was a massacre.
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

cool ;)

but watch out, it might get deleted because of "cheating"
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Bad beast
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Bad beast »

wait, Khorne Daemons don't add dispel dice to the pool (they have magic resistance) so how did you get 10 DD
Fr0 wrote: The evil Dr. Henry McCoy as usual, has a firm grasp on the rule.
Jshirey
Warrior

Post by Jshirey »

But Khornate Daemon characters do and I had two daemonic heralds each wtih Spellbreaker and two daemon princes. Each army counted had its own dispel dice so daemons had a base of 2 + 4 for characters and dark elves had a base of 2 + 1 for lvl 1 sorceress + 1 for seal of ghrond. So daemons had 6 dice plus 2 scrolls and dark elves had 4 dice plus 2 scrolls. He even had a staff of power and bound spells but he only got off a couple of spells and by the end of turn 2 one wizard lord was dead and by the end of turn 3 so was the other.

My daemonic legion had the following:
two deamon princes with mark of khorne, armor of khorne, might of khorne, soul hunger, and diabolic splendor
deamon herald with mark of khorne, spellbreaker, greater icon of chaos
deamon herald with mark of khorne, spellbreaker
1x 19 bloodletters with full command
1x 14 bloodletters with full command
2x 15 bloodletters with full command
3x 8 flesh hounds
1x 3 bloodcrushers
total = 2997

My dark elves had the following:
noble, ha, sdc, rxb, sh, seal of ghrond, blade of mignt
sorceress, level 1, two dispel scrolls, death magic

1x 12 warriors with rxb, sh
1x 11 warriors with rxb, sh
1x 10 warriors with rxb, sh
7x shades
2x RBT
total = 1001
Damnosus
Highborn

Post by Damnosus »

Congrats, though admittedly I see a mega battle that lasts only 3 turns to be both boring and disappointing. Ah well.
Also though you had 10 dispel dice, they cant be shared. How was that dealt with (I would imagine the rules would mean that armies could only stop spells that would effect their own army/the daemons that were raised-though I guess you could do it differently).
I fear your services are as useful as a barbershop on the steps of the guillotine.
Snitchtongue
Trainee Warrior

Post by Snitchtongue »

Sweet, a victory is a victory and a victory = more slaves, even tho u used only 1000 points of DE :lol:
Those bound by honor have lost the battle before a blow has even been struck.