I only lurked for eight years or so...

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lady kaerlith
Slave (off the Altar)

I only lurked for eight years or so...

Post by Lady kaerlith »

...that's normal, right?

I've been browsing this site off and on since I was a regular on Portent.net back in 2004-ish, the precursor to the current Warseer.com. However, I never bothered to make an account given there was no WFB group in my old hometown (but seven 40k groups...) so my interest was only ever in the "mildly curious" stage. However, I do love the WFB universe and have always had a special place in my heart for the Dark Elves. After a dozen years of playing 40k, I've finally grown utterly sick of it and the direction they've taken the game and am migrating to WFB as an escape mechanism.

I already had a random collection of DE models that I bought purely to build and paint, but that's the extent of it. I have the core rulebook and army book, but I've never actually played the game, so this should be an interesting experience. I'm sure I'll be bothering you guys with rules clarifications, army list advice, and general "Oh god, what do I do?" topics as time goes on.
Miasma
Warrior

Post by Miasma »

Well welcome (officially) to D.Net, we're all happy to lend a hand to other Druchii players
2013 Tournament Results

W-L-D
2-1-1
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

8 years of lurking in the shadows, learning our movements and waiting for just the right time? Yep pretty normal for a dark elf. Welcome to the site.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Ming
Black Guard

Post by Ming »

Welcome!
And feel free to start bothering us! ;)
... and Justice for all!!!

.... and enthusiast member of the league of extraordinary druchii gentlemen
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay out here in the open.
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior