What happened to Malekith in the realm of Chaos

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Calibisto
Corsair

Post by Calibisto »

sulla wrote:Malekith's no fool. He's not going to sit meekly waiting for his doom. There are any number of scenarios where some mortal as powerful as Malekith could cheat his way out of eternal damnation...

Somehow Malekith doesn't strike me as someone concerned about his soul. I guess he would sacrifice anyone and anything if it would mean reaching his goals.
Sanity is highly overrated.
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

I'm pretty sure that Malekith only renounced his claim for appearances. The way he sees it, I think he still is sure that has the rightful claim because he did not truly renounce his claim.

How Malekith sees it means nothing. If you renounce your claim and agree to abide by whatever choice is made by the council and swear an oath to follow the then-chosen king, breaking that oath is turning traitor, and killing the king is regicide.

By your logic, I could swear an oath of celibacy and enter the priesthood, but not bother keeping that oath because 'it was only for appearances' and I didn't mean it. I'm still breaking my word, regardless of what I might personally think of that oath.

Malekith only renounced his claim because he knew that he stood little chance against the assembled princes of Ulthuan.

Which is immaterial, because he still renounced it.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

@Eldacar - yes, The High Elves don't have any hard feelings about it, but what I am saying is that Malekith for himself does not go by that logic - he knows that he never gave up on the throne of Ulthuan and according to him he was driven out, simply because the High Elves voted someone else into place - he was pushed out of his rightful position by force, even though it was democratic force and not force of arms. Malekith did not voluntarily give up his throne. My point is not that the high elves should consider to surrender to the Druchii, my point is simply that there are two ways of seeing the whole thing.

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

but what I am saying is that Malekith for himself does not go by that logic

And as I noted in the example given, his personal feelings about the matter are irrelevant. He is, for lack of a better term, 'wrong' in his beliefs.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Excidium666
Shade

Post by Excidium666 »

I hope theres going to be a few chapters about that in the upcomming book about malekith :).
High elf is an elf after all, therefore he deserves a quick death...
Brad
Executioner

Post by Brad »

I don't know what the big deal is. Just about every wizard managed this trick at some point during the heady days of 4th edition. It was called the 'Escape' magic card.
A missive from the desk of Kylekin, Prince of Nhaeroth, Land of the Setting Sun

8th ed stats (W/L/D)
DE: 1/0/0
DoC: 2/1/0
Empire: 0/1/0
WoC: 0/1/0
Giladis
Corsair

Post by Giladis »

From reading the book I got the impression that Malkith was changed in some way by the circlet of iron. His stepping down in the first place was sincere, but he later got corrupted and decided that only under his leadership could the elves remain strong.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

Kylekin wrote:I don't know what the big deal is. Just about every wizard managed this trick at some point during the heady days of 4th edition. It was called the 'Escape' magic card.

Magic users can't just go throwing themselves in the warp willy nilly in this edition. It's actually a surprise that even the Witch King managed to make it back.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins