What happened to Malekith in the realm of Chaos

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Dainis_silentblade
Warrior

What happened to Malekith in the realm of Chaos

Post by Dainis_silentblade »

I think that one of the most interesting parts of the new army book is when it describes how Malekith had to warp himself into the vortex of chaos in order to save his life. What happened to him whilst he was there and how long was he gone, any suggestions?
Javert
Beastmaster

Post by Javert »

His mind was destroyed by the pure horror that is the warp. I'm surprised he ever recovered.

And he could have been in there for thousands of years while he was only gone here for one day, because time passes differently in the warp. I don't think we'll ever know because I doubt Malekith knows himself.
"Ghost"

WS: 5
S: 2
T: 2
D: 5
I: 4

Skills: Basic Stealth, Stealth.
Inventory: Shade Cloak, Short Sword, Repeater Handbow, Legran's Token, Six Daggers, 65.5 Gold, Thieves' Tools, Wrist Blades.

Group 19 Moderator
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

nobody knows what happened to him there except him, he hasnt even told Morathi who knows everything else about him. All that we know is whatever he saw/thought/did there warped his mind and changed him completely. He lost his bitter anger and it was replaced with a dread cold that made him more malicious and spiteful in his work, and led him to hate everyone and everything. Nobody can say how long he was there because time flows differently in the realm of chaos. If he was gone for a week in the real world, he may have battled his way through the realm of chaos for two centuries. nobody can say.
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

I think it's safe to say he had to make some pretty horrible bargains to get out of there. You don't get anything for free in the realms of chaos...
Endra divini
Shade

Post by Endra divini »

Did he get sucked in the realm in the old book, or is this new fluff.
Endra the corrupted

WS 6
S 3
T 3
D 4
I 4

Image: Tall and Lean.
His black armour leaks with a searing dark due.
And over his back is a cloak of which speaks to him of his past for he himself had long since forgotten it.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

That has always been part of his fluff. He wasnt sucked into the realm of chaos, he put himself there. He was fighting a winning battle so Teclis decided he had to act, so he gathered all his energy into one bolt of magic and threw it at Malekith. He saw it coming and tried to block it, but was too slow and the bolt partially hit him, wrapping him in a vortex where his old burning returned as Asuryan unleashed his wrath at Malekith. Seeing no other option, the King threw himself into the realm of chaos to escape.
Kreoss
Noble

Post by Kreoss »

In the new book, it mentions him talking about a forest of eyes and a couple other odd landscapes. Not that it is much to go on, but it gives an idea.
Soots12
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Soots12 »

maybe the other stuff he saw was to horrific to talk about....like battleing for his soul against hordes of daemons n such...but it seems when he came back he was in bad shape...so im guessin he had to fight his way out
Kreoss
Noble

Post by Kreoss »

Either he had to fight/bargain his way out, or the terrain and landscapes that he had to traverse numbed his mind, or a combination!
Dam'rek
Shade

Post by Dam'rek »

I don't think he would have done much bargaining in there, he had nothing to bargain. His soul was already in the realm of chaos so he wasn't exactly in a position to negotiate.

But I think the chances that he went on a journey kinda like Marius Holseher (mentioned in the daemon book) but maybe it was less pleasant for our unfortunate King.
I will bow to you on a carpet of bones. I will bathe you in the blood of nations and fill the air with the music of murdered innocents.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

As king of a mortal realm I think that he has a decent bargaining chip, ie the souls of his people. Not that I am sugesting that he did sell the souls of all Druchii to some deamon or other, but its a thought.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Chimera
Trainee Warrior

Post by Chimera »

Being the son of Aenerion with a legitimate claim to the Ulthuan throne, maybe he sold the souls of all the High Elves to get out :D
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Chimera wrote:Being the son of Aenerion with a legitimate claim to the Ulthuan throne, maybe he sold the souls of all the High Elves to get out :D

Except he doesn't have a legitimate claim, since the throne isn't hereditary. He could offer High Elven souls if they were slaves that he picked up somewhere, but that's about it. The only way he could even offer Dark Elven souls is if he went out and sacrificed them to Chaos (or had them sacrificed, either or). And the downside to an agreement like that is what happens if/when you can't deliver on those souls.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Eldacar wrote:
Chimera wrote:Being the son of Aenerion with a legitimate claim to the Ulthuan throne, maybe he sold the souls of all the High Elves to get out :D

Except he doesn't have a legitimate claim, since the throne isn't hereditary. He could offer High Elven souls if they were slaves that he picked up somewhere, but that's about it. The only way he could even offer Dark Elven souls is if he went out and sacrificed them to Chaos (or had them sacrificed, either or). And the downside to an agreement like that is what happens if/when you can't deliver on those souls.

I'm pretty sure the consequenses of not fulfilling the bargain would not stop either a Dark Elf or a daemon/God from striking the deal.
Doriili bariiliia
Raiding Baron

Post by Doriili bariiliia »

Perhaps and this is only a wild theory but maybe he managed to retreive his soul and that is what change him. Time is meaningless in the realm of Chaos after all.
"Khaine is pleased with my service brother, I care little for your opinion. The Old world is my playground. Our family lands in Naggaroth are yours."
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

sulla wrote:I'm pretty sure the consequenses of not fulfilling the bargain would not stop either a Dark Elf or a daemon/God from striking the deal.

If he doesn't make good on the deal, they get him. The Chaos Gods/various Daemons/whatever don't really have anything to lose, but the person striking the bargain does.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Slortor
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Slortor »

Eldacar wrote:
sulla wrote:I'm pretty sure the consequenses of not fulfilling the bargain would not stop either a Dark Elf or a daemon/God from striking the deal.

If he doesn't make good on the deal, they get him. The Chaos Gods/various Daemons/whatever don't really have anything to lose, but the person striking the bargain does.

i would have thought Malekith could renege on his end of the deal quite well. Being one of the WH worlds most powerful wizards he has been proved capable of enslaving daemons before (N'Kari for example) so unless he actually bargained with a god he shoudlnt be too badly off. If it got really bad he could summon the convent + Morathi to help him so he probably would get away with breaking a deal with anyone short of Tzeetch or Khorne.
Name: Khalia D'Vaarko (meaning: Khalia, property of Vaarko)
Height/Weight: 5'6", 8 stone
Other: no distinguishing features, barring the brand of a great house left wrist.
Class: Mage
Equipment: Robes, Dagger, Staff
Skills: Power of Ulgu, Power of Chamon
Stats: Ws3, S3, T3, D4, I5

lrnec wrote: Reality and truth is more brutal than almost any fantasy game
Aspiring executioner
Assassin
Location: Raiding Lustria for more cake...(Newcastle, Australia)

Post by Aspiring executioner »

I don't think Malekith can reach out to Morathi or the convents while inside the Realm of Chaos. Trying to use magic while inside the Realm of Chaos is not the smartest idea whith all those daemons near him... particularly if he ventured near Khorne's realm...
Dark Elf Tally using the 6th Ed. list
W: 11 D: 2 L: 8
Dark Elf Tally using the 7th Ed. List
W: 24 D: 2 L: 6
Coldeyes
Corsair

Post by Coldeyes »

I would have thought that using magic inside the Realm of Chaos would make you powerful tenfold. Since your actually INSIDE the source of all your power.

Anyways I respect Malekith even more after surviving a 'week' in the Realm of Chaos. I think even if Malekith wanted to it would be impossible for him to describe the things he has seen. He certainly has learned his lesson that pure bloody rage doesnt get him very far and I think the experience changed Malekith for the better.

I doubt he struck any deals with any daemons, maybe the Chaos Gods themselves but they have a habit of making their dominion over you very noticable, especially powerful champions.
Blood and souls for Khaine!
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Eldacar wrote:

They only get him when he dies, and I wouldn't be surprised if a master sorceror has plans to cheat them even then... Cheating daemons may be extremely difficult, but it's not impossible, even in the warhammer mythos.
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

Eldacar wrote:

Technically Malekith could have a legitimate claim on the throne because Aenarion declared him as his heir and it was only when the first phoenix king was dead that the princes decided to elect a king instead of choosing Malekith, so I'd say that Malekith has a legitimate claim.

As to what happened to him - no one knows... he didn't even tell his mummy... But it must have been somewhat of an eye-opener to him because of the way he was changed when he came back. It was a good thing that his burning anger was gone because sometime or other, he would have lead the Dark Elves to extinction with his burning anger because he was being totally unreasonable. So now there is a king who thinks about what he's going to do which is a big plus for the Druchii, methinks.

They only get him when he dies, and I wouldn't be surprised if a master sorceror has plans to cheat them even then... Cheating daemons may be extremely difficult, but it's not impossible, even in the warhammer mythos.

The Daemons can get him whenever he is in the realm of chaos (if he isn't strong enough to fight his way out), and even though Malekith does not age, he is not immortal in a sense that he cannot be killed, and what has happened once might happen again and so Malekith had better be careful because at some point the Chaos Gods will get him (and if its only when they finally overrun the world, because they will if Malekith's plans are successful).

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Mr. Anderson wrote:

The Daemons can get him whenever he is in the realm of chaos (if he isn't strong enough to fight his way out), and even though Malekith does not age, he is not immortal in a sense that he cannot be killed, and what has happened once might happen again and so Malekith had better be careful because at some point the Chaos Gods will get him (and if its only when they finally overrun the world, because they will if Malekith's plans are successful).

HUZZAH!
That's pure speculation. You have no reason to suspect the chaos gods are even interested in Malekith. If he made a bargain with a daemon, there's nothing preventing him making a better bargain with another more powerful daemon in exchange for enslaving/destroying the original daemon. Malekith's no fool. He's not going to sit meekly waiting for his doom. There are any number of scenarios where some mortal as powerful as Malekith could cheat his way out of eternal damnation...
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

That's pure speculation. You have no reason to suspect the chaos gods are even interested in Malekith. If he made a bargain with a daemon, there's nothing preventing him making a better bargain with another more powerful daemon in exchange for enslaving/destroying the original daemon. Malekith's no fool. He's not going to sit meekly waiting for his doom. There are any number of scenarios where some mortal as powerful as Malekith could cheat his way out of eternal damnation...

This whole topic is pure speculation ;) we don't know what happened to him, so we are speculating.
As to whether the chaos gods are interested in him - they are, that's for sure. The nature of their interest of course is not clear but what the chaos gods do know is that Malekith is the strongest weapon against the High elves who are all that stands in their way of conquering the world. I doubt Malekith has made any kind of pact with the dark gods though - he has devoted himself to Khaine (who is NOT khorne...).
In the end it doesn't matter whether the chaos gods want him or a lesser demon - once Malekith is in the realm of chaos, there is nothing standing in between him and the demons he might have cheated (and I'm sure he has cheated demons... N'kari for example would be pretty keen on getting hold of Malekith I can imagine). What I meant was that Malekith had better watch out because he doesn't want to expose himself to the realm of chaos all to often in order to avoid increasing chances that the demons will get him.

HUZZAH!
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

They only get him when he dies, and I wouldn't be surprised if a master sorceror has plans to cheat them even then...

Short of doing something like Nagash has done (drawing his soul forever beyond their reach by removing it from the Warp entirely), I can't exactly think of anything off the top of my head that would get him out of a deal. That's the nature of deals with the Chaos Gods - if you promise them your soul if you fail (you might need to sacrifice people to them, or something along those lines), and you fail, then they're going to get your soul, one way or another.

Technically Malekith could have a legitimate claim on the throne because Aenarion declared him as his heir and it was only when the first phoenix king was dead that the princes decided to elect a king instead of choosing Malekith, so I'd say that Malekith has a legitimate claim.

Unless the throne 1) isn't hereditary or 2) the person in question (Malekith) renounced his claim (which he did).

Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

2) the person in question (Malekith) renounced his claim (which he did).

I'm pretty sure that Malekith only renounced his claim for appearances. The way he sees it, I think he still is sure that has the rightful claim because he did not truly renounce his claim. Of course this is a double edged sword - on one hand he did officially renounce it, on the other hand he himself knew that he did not mean it, so if we look at it his way (we're Druchii after all), Malekith still has a legitimate claim because the throne was hereditary according to Aenarion. Malekith only renounced his claim because he knew that he stood little chance against the assembled princes of Ulthuan.

HUZZAH!