Who is Khaine really?

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Who is Khaine really?

An aspect of Slaanesh:the god of passion and excess
No votes
An aspect of Tzeentch "the Lord of Change"
No votes
An aspect of Nurgle: the Lord of Pestilence
No votes
Khaine is KHAINE!!!
100%
An aspect of Malal "The Outcast God"
No votes
Other Chaos God, or Goddess (please specify)
No votes

Total votes: 65

Morathi's great grandma
Slave (off the Altar)

Who is Khaine really?

Post by Morathi's great grandma »

Who is Khaine, the god the Dark Elves worship, really?

Is he an aspect of Slaanesh? Here is an old Slaanesh fluff Q

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=6725

Also, we know Slaanesh enjoy artistic combat. And Urial's zealots who worship the "true Khaine" from the book Warpsword did take their draich training as an art form, "perfecting the art of killing", so is Khaine an aspect of Slaanesh?

Of course there is also the matter of the witch elves who are beautiful, another aspect we know Slaanesh enjoys.

Of interest is the wiki warhammeronline
http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Slaanesh

Another aspect Khaine may be is Malal, "the Outcast God"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_(Warhammer)

Or is Khaine an aspect of Khorne? Because according to:

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/warbossalex/l ... kelves.htm

"...of all female Dark Elves are the Witch Elves - a warrior sisterhood devoted to the Chaos God Khorne, who they worship as 'Khaine', the Lord of Murder."

Is the statement above accurate according to druchii.net?

As and addition link:
http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne

Also, Khaine can be Nurgle: the lord of Pestilence, after all the witch elves bath in cauldrons of blood and we know blood if full of cells and other living things. And also , from reading Warhammer Novels, like Mathis Thulmann:Witch Hunter, in Witch Finder, a sorcerer (forget his name) used Nurgle to heal to sick so we know Nurgle can both cause sickness, and cure it.

Also note, that in Warpsword, Malus walked through an tunnel that looked "weaved" as opposed to begin carved from stone with "bones in every loop", so is this a secret form of worship to Nurgle? To symbolise disease and death, or perhaps the inside of some mutant's insides?

http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Nurgle

Another aspect Khaine may be part of is Tzeentch "the Lord of Change"

From the Warhammer Online wiki , Tzeentch, "In fact, many more mortals serve him than are aware of it, his scheming and many names often obscuring the true force behind events."

http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Tzeentch

And given that Dark Elves are always scheming of ways to backstab each other, could Khaine be a scheme by Tzeentch? After all their Witch King is a powerful sorcerer, perhaps the most, next to his mom, so could he be worshiping an aspect of Tzeentch, just with the true nature of Tzeentch obscured behind the blood god Khaine?

Another form which Khaine may be is.... well, Khaine, as he is a god of his own.

Or perhaps he is an aspect of another Chaos God or Goddness.

What are your opinions?

All ideas and comments are welcomed.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Oh no you didn't... :D

Batten down the hatches and prepare for flame war....

This time with is Khaine more than just Khorne he could be something else!

For the record I voted KHAINE IS KHAINE HAIL THE LORD OF MURDER!!!
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Morathi's great grandma
Slave (off the Altar)

Relax, no one is going to get flamed (at least I hope not).

So, judging from your response

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/warbossalex/l ... kelves.htm

is not canon.
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Morathi's Great Grandma wrote:All ideas and opinions will welcomed.

...but some of them will be murdered. I offer this for the purposes of information only. I did not vote, I find it to be personally demeaning, I mean, democracy, for Khaine's sake.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Morathi's great grandma
Slave (off the Altar)

Layne wrote:
Morathi's Great Grandma wrote:All ideas and opinions will welcomed.

...but some of them will be murdered. I offer this for the purposes of information only. I did not vote, I find it to be personally demeaning, I mean, democracy, for Khaine's sake.

..and thank you for taking the time to do so, Layne.

For the record:

ALL ideas and opinions are welcomed.(';)')

IDEA MURDERERS, FLAMERS, AND JUST PLAIN MEAN COMMENTS ARE NOT!!!
(':evil:')

And from looking at the few threads I visited,(I admit, not a whole lot) the modulators are very, very good at removing those said offenders.

This is deduced from that those threads lack those said offenders (so most likely they were deleted).

Perhaps, you have an idea?

Do you think Khaine is a god or goddess, or perhaps something in between, or something totally not in between.

Feel free to vote and/or post any ideas as you see fit, as long as you are not flaming another, murdering ideas, etc.

Same for my "Morathi's family" thread, if you have such ideas of your own

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=62376[quote]
Zakath the slaughterer
Master of Puppets

Post by Zakath the slaughterer »

Never thought of Khaine being either sex.. Unisex deity of murder - and a deity of his/her own, too! Not an aspect of Khorne.. That's the laimest idea ever :? *grumpy*
Master of puppets I'm pulling your strings/
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams/
Blinded by me, you cant see a thing/
Just call my name, `cause Ill hear you scream
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

morathi's great grandma wrote:http://web.ukonline.co.uk/warbossalex/library/people_and_places/darkelves.htm

is not canon.

Who's Thanis Ianakussis? Doesn't sound like he's working for GW, so no, it's not canon.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Anchanrogar
Corsair

Post by Anchanrogar »

wow..
I really like the nurgle idea, patently not true, but I like it.
cauldron immortality combined with the general longevity of elves adds up to something, it reminds me of some of the alternate heresy fluff invented in bolter & chainsword where the blood angels fall to nurgle, due to some mutation involving their extended lives (compared to normal SM). But I suspect this is far to nuanced for GW.
Khaine is probably khaine; even the High elves worship him to some extent(well they cower at any rate). Khaine is just an ultra violent Old one with some ideas beyond building pyramids and inventing races.
A man without tea in him is incapable of comprehending either truth or beauty.
Slortor
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Slortor »

I'd love him to be part of Malal - purely because i think Malal is by far the most awesome chaos god.

However Khaine is simply Khaine. No two ways about it.
Name: Khalia D'Vaarko (meaning: Khalia, property of Vaarko)
Height/Weight: 5'6", 8 stone
Other: no distinguishing features, barring the brand of a great house left wrist.
Class: Mage
Equipment: Robes, Dagger, Staff
Skills: Power of Ulgu, Power of Chamon
Stats: Ws3, S3, T3, D4, I5

lrnec wrote: Reality and truth is more brutal than almost any fantasy game
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Read through that linked article, not only it's written but some unknown person, it's also blatantly wrong in over half of the paragraphs. So really, don't take it as canon.
7th edition army book:

Morathi's great grandma
Slave (off the Altar)

Thank you, all for your responses! (':D')

Yes! Feel free to put down any ideas and comments you feel add to the topic as long as you are not putting others down.

Dalamar wrote:Read through that linked article, not only it's written but some unknown person, it's also blatantly wrong in over half of the paragraphs. So really, don't take it as canon.

At the very least, the Warhammer novels mentioned can be taken as canon, right?
Thank you for taking the time to vertify that the links are non canon by the way, it is greatly appreciated.
Thank you Dalamar!

Zakath the Slaughterer wrote:....That's the laimest idea ever....

No offense, Zakath the Slaughterer, but please, no idea murdering, like calling other ideas lame, or dumb, etc. OK? (';)')

On the topic, is it just me, or when, in the Warhammer novel Warpsword, when the dark elf Malus Darkblade and his assassin retainer walked into that tunnel that looked "weaved instead of carved" doesn't it make you think of the insides of some mutant beast with some bad diseases, especially the discription of how bones were stuffed in those weaved-looking nitches?
Bies
Noble

Post by Bies »

Khaine and the other Elf Gods were around before the fall of the Old Ones (if they were aspects or insidious chaos gods who can really tell). However their is a whole Pantheon.

Asyran (sp)
Isha
Vaul
Khournos
Erith Vial
Khaine

and more. Actually the last DE army book and the the bood Malikieth have a decent amount of fluff on the Gods (probs cause both were written by Gave Thorpe very close to each other).

I know inf 40k Khaine fought against Slaanesh at Slaanesh's birth and died horribly.

As for fantasy the cult of Slaanesh is a totally seperate entity and is banned by both Dark Elves and High Elves- although in past editions it was claimed that Sorceresses were part of the Cult of Slaanesh run by Morathai while Crone Hellebron ran the Cult of Khaine.

Khaine as Khorne may be interesting except Khorne is a blood God who likes only death and destruction with no care for who gets killed. Khaine on the other hand is a War God just as Mars was for the Romans. A nasty god who believes fighting is the answer but doesn't want to see you butchered either, Khaine still wants to see his armies win.
Not another 1...
W/D/L for 2010
40/7/18
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

morathi's great grandma wrote:
At the very least, the Warhammer novels mentioned can be taken as canon, right?
Thank you for taking the time to vertify that the links are non canon by the way, it is greatly appreciated.
Thank you Dalamar!

Actually, anything published by Black Library isn't canon either. There are only two exceptions so far:
Horus Heresy for 40k
and
Time of Legends for fantasy.

Anything else isn't canon unless published by GW, so it has to be either in a rulebook, army book or another similar publication.
7th edition army book:

Bies
Noble

Post by Bies »

2nded,

even if some of the fluff gets mucked around a little.
Not another 1...
W/D/L for 2010
40/7/18
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Well I think as Druchii fans here we all assume that Khaine is just our Lord of Murder. I like the idea that the Elven gods are seperate, makes it seem like there is some hope for the Warhammer world...

If everything is chaos then there really is no point >.< .

I also agree that everything in BL should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Zardock (Group 27)

Bies
Noble

Post by Bies »

I'm sure some of you may know BL writers, I know one who said that the editors pretty much wrote the theme of the book for him and he just fleshed it out, had to follow their storyline and fluff restrictions.
Not another 1...
W/D/L for 2010
40/7/18
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

By which I mean, as far as I'm concerned Khaine is Khaine, and if I was him I'd be along soon to sort out this democratic process with a certain prejudice. For myself, I am but a herald.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Loki_the_black
Warrior

Post by Loki_the_black »

Khaine is Khaine - I am of the school that the gods are the manifestations of those who worship them.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

I agree with Layne, Khaine will come here to purge all who doubt his existence, and also the democratic (so guess I am dead to!).

EDIT: By which I mean those 2 people who voted to say Khaine is Khorne!

Zardock (Group 27)

Kreol
Brush Master

Post by Kreol »

I think Khaine is Khaine. But how we explain that 5ed and one of 6ed Witch elves have Khorne symbols ?
So GooD To Be EviL!!
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

I saw the poll, and immediately exclaimed (out loud. I have patient neighbours) Khaine is KHAINE!

... so when I saw that option I knew what I must vote.

My own opinion is that not only is Khaine an Elven god, he's a bloke (as opposed to a chap or a fellow or a guy), which is the only explanation I can think of for Witch Elves dressing only in accessories in the Land of Chill.

Well I think as Druchii fans here we all assume that Khaine is just our Lord of Murder. I like the idea that the Elven gods are seperate, makes it seem like there is some hope for the Warhammer world...

If everything is chaos then there really is no point >.< .

I also agree that everything in BL should be taken with a pinch of salt.

I agree with you wholeheartedly there :) It's good to have a bit of variation and different pantheons make the game more interesting to me.

Khaine is Khaine. If anyone disagrees with this, they are of course exercising their free choice, as will be the pleasant young ladies with big hair and small outfits who will be along to debate with them shortly.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Bies
Noble

Post by Bies »

hmm

You know debating the existance of Khaine doesn't sound like a "terrible" idea... :lol:
Not another 1...
W/D/L for 2010
40/7/18
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Replace the words 'debate with' and in their place add 'stab with large poisonous daggers' and I think the threat becomes much more real... :D

Zardock (Group 27)

Bies
Noble

Post by Bies »

...Well...

Do you get to touch as they poison you? haha

I don't think anyone would enjoy meeting a Dark Elf, hell they don't enjoy meeting each other!
Not another 1...
W/D/L for 2010
40/7/18
Morathi's great grandma
Slave (off the Altar)

Zardock wrote:Replace the words 'debate with' and in their place add 'stab with large poisonous daggers' and I think the threat becomes much more real... :D

I have no need to fear, my ancient hard, scaly, skin will ward off any daggers and poison those half-nude witch use on me Ha! Ha! Haaaaaaa! (':D')

Wait! A Dark Elf Assassin is trying to sneak up on me I better.... AAAAAAAAAHHH!!!

Bies wrote:I know inf 40k Khaine fought against Slaanesh at Slaanesh's birth and died horribly.

Which 40k book, could you provide the title?

On a side note, does Khaine have any deamons, besides Dark Elves, who are deamons in their own rights?

I know that in the Darkblade novels (yes, a dubious source I know) Urial summoned "chaos beasts" and that Manticores are an aspect of Khaine so does Khaine have some deamons he gives his beloved followers?

Also,

Karth wrote:I think Khaine is Khaine. But how we explain that 5ed and one of 6ed Witch elves have Khorne symbols ?

mmmm? Maybe Khaine wants to test the faith of his followers? Or maybe he is Khorne?

Speaking of which, isn't there a picture of all of Khaine's symbols, aspects, etc. somewhere?

If someone can find it and post it, or a link to it here, it would be greatly appreicated (':D').

Thank you in advance.

Now, it looks like Executioners from Har Ganeth are coming for my head for daring to post a poll on their devoted Khaine, I shall deal with them before....

(a Draich slices through the air and chops my head off)

The Har Ganeth Executioner:(holding the head up so everyone can see) An here is the head of the heretic!!

Everyone:(cheers)
Last edited by Morathi's great grandma on Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.