An Interesting Question About Morathi...

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Norelle
Executioner

An Interesting Question About Morathi...

Post by Norelle »

I don't know if this is the right forum or not, but here's my question, how would Morathi be as a grandmother, say Malekith had a child but the mother was gone for whatever reason...
Sorry this randomly came to me.
Ichiyo1821
Highborn

Post by Ichiyo1821 »

Depends on who the mother is and if the child shows potential for greatness. Otherwise, baby goes into Cauldron of Blood. :twisted:
8th Edition

W/D/L
86/1/5

New AB
W/D/L
32/1/0

9th Age
W/D/L

Vae Victis
Character kill count -182

"To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."

Armies
Dark Elves
Dark Eldar
Death Korps of Kreig
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Ichiyo1821 wrote:Depends on who the mother is and if the child shows potential for greatness. Otherwise, baby goes into Cauldron of Blood. :twisted:

Ah, ok, well the time I was thinking of was pre-Sundering since that's the only time Malekith could possibly sire a child, since afterwards, he's kinda...well I don't think it's possible anymore...
Lord damian valar
Cold One Knight

Post by Lord damian valar »

I think Morathi would ensure the babe was destined for greatness and also manipulate and indoctrinate it for her own schemes and cause.
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Yeah that sounds more like what I was thinking.
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

Just look at how her actual son came out... If I was the infant, I think I'd take the Cauldron.
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Daw....
Poor baby...
Ichiyo1821
Highborn

Post by Ichiyo1821 »

Baby stew!
8th Edition

W/D/L
86/1/5

New AB
W/D/L
32/1/0

9th Age
W/D/L

Vae Victis
Character kill count -182

"To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."

Armies
Dark Elves
Dark Eldar
Death Korps of Kreig
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Ichiyo1821 wrote:Baby stew!

>.<
Lord damian valar
Cold One Knight

Well, If I would make up a storyline for this I would make it so that Malekith would have kept his lover (and infants) away from his mother at all cost. Knowing full well what Morathi would do if she knew he sired children.

Could make for an interesting story. Malekith while exploring the old world for Centuries has a brief but passionate relationship and upon discovering her pregnancy is in a dilemma. Not being able in his present situation to raise the child (I would not go for twins, reminds too much of Tyrion and Teclis) himself and having many political enemies, he does not want him/her send to Anlec fearing for Morathi's influense on the mother and child (he allways had a hate/love relationship with his mom in my opinion) he puts his trust in his most loyal subject Yeasir and instructs him to settle them in one of the colonies in secret, to ensure they are save for the time being.

From there on you could go everywhere you would like with the story.

Perhaps Morathi allready knew and the mother of the child could be one of her subjects, since Morathi feared for Malekith's life planning to go to the chaos wastes and needed a potential heir to keep her power in the event of Malekiths demise.

Or Malekith only trusted his friend Snorri Whitebeard (Dwarven High King) with his secret and the babe is raised in Dwarven society, since no one can keep a secret like a Dwarf

Or the colony town they are put in are overrun by Beastmen or Greenskin and the Shamen of the tribe senses the power in the childs blood and decides to let it live and raises him/her among them.

Well, endless possibilities it seems!

D...
Maldor
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: .

Post by Maldor »

Lord Damian Valar wrote:Well, If I would make up a storyline for this I would make it so that Malekith would have kept his lover (and infants) away from his mother at all cost. Knowing full well what Morathi would do if she knew he sired children.

Could make for an interesting story. Malekith while exploring the old world for Centuries has a brief but passionate relationship and upon discovering her pregnancy is in a dilemma. Not being able in his present situation to raise the child (I would not go for twins, reminds too much of Tyrion and Teclis) himself and having many political enemies, he does not want him/her send to Anlec fearing for Morathi's influense on the mother and child (he allways had a hate/love relationship with his mom in my opinion) he puts his trust in his most loyal subject Yeasir and instructs him to settle them in one of the colonies in secret, to ensure they are save for the time being.

Perhaps Morathi allready knew and the mother of the child could be one of her subjects, since Morathi feared for Malekith's life planning to go to the chaos wastes and needed a potential heir to keep her power in the event of Malekiths demise.

Or Malekith only trusted his friend Snorri Whitebeard (Dwarven High King) with his secret and the babe is raised in Dwarven society, since no one can keep a secret like a Dwarf

Or the colony town they are put in are overrun by Beastmen or Greenskin and the Shamen of the tribe senses the power in the childs blood and decides to let it live and raises him/her among them.

D...

Sounds like the setup for the child destined to return, overthrow both Malekith and the Phoenix King, and reunite the race of Elves and restore the glory of their ancient empire.
Lock up your children, shut all windows tight.
The Witch Elves are hunting for victims tonight.
When old hags do knock at your door, you must hide,
Your death is the gift sought by Khaine's pretty brides.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Anyone else reminded strongly of starwars by thay plot?
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Lord damian valar
Cold One Knight

Doesn't every plot remind us of Star Wars in some way? ;)
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Lord Damian Valar wrote:Well, If I would make up a storyline for this I would make it so that Malekith would have kept his lover (and infants) away from his mother at all cost. Knowing full well what Morathi would do if she knew he sired children.

D...

Dear goodness, I love all of those plots. They're magnificent. I was just thinking of a girl baby really, with my plots. Dude everything sounds good, especially the brief but passionate affair, and Snorri protecting the little baby. ^.^
Gah, so epic all of your ideas. XD
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

I think that there are two reasons Malekith has no children (among others). The first being that he literally plans to live for ever, and so doesn't either need heirs, or want them (in case they plot to take over). And the second reason is that Morathi does not want to share her influence over her son with anyone, so a serious wife or lover is out of the question, though whether by his agreement or her manipulation is hard to say. Probably some of each.

If she ever were a grandmother, I suspect it would either be for a very short time, or that the child would be an utter pawn.

These might seem very grim and dark and non-cute views but we are talking about Druchii, aren't we? :D I know that Malekith started out as a heroic fighter for his country; but so did Gilles de Rais.

Of course with an alternative history, you can do what you want. :)
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Well that is what I'm planning sort of an alternate history.
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

If the wife and child were killed in a raid, that might also explain his desire to go north and seek his demise there.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Morathi is a Seeress...
She'd know.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Dalamar wrote:Morathi is a Seeress...
She'd know.

I don't know about that, she didn't know that Malekith was going to walk through the Flames of Asuryan until they brought his ravaged form back to her...
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Also, she maybe one of the most powerful spell casters in the world, that does not mean she doesn't have her flaws, may have overlooked something, or used her time using her crystal ball to spy on soldiers working out. She's the ultimate cougar and may have been distracted when that message went through on the winds of magic.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Given the rather intimate relationship between the two, surely the most obvious storyline would be one involving Morathi actually being the mother...
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

So they are hillbillies, yee-haw! Lets get dim moon shine en let's cel-o-brate.

On a serious side, that might be a posability, but how would she hide his little brother/son from HIM?

If she would get jealous over another woman coming into his life, what would happen if another man came into hers?
Lord damian valar
Cold One Knight

Morathi, as I picture her would indeed know. she is a master architect of schemes.

For this reason I would indeed let it be that Morathi, having heard that Malekith intended to go into the Chaos Wastes, divised a plan and send a young Elven girl to seduce Malekith and bore him a child. Malekith would try to hide the kid from Morathi, not knowing that it was Morathi that tricked him. Reasoning is that Morathi needs an heir of the line of Aenarion to hold her political sway in Ulthuan (thus simply having a child herself would not work) in the case that Malekith would die in the far North expedition.

Thus, this gives a lot of possibilities. Even so that when Malekith returns unharmed, Morathi might even decide that the now slightly older child has served its purpse and thus sends assassins after it, etc, etc.

D...
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

The plot thickens...
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Lord Damian Valar wrote:Morathi, as I picture her would indeed know. she is a master architect of schemes.

For this reason I would indeed let it be that Morathi, having heard that Malekith intended to go into the Chaos Wastes, divised a plan and send a young Elven girl to seduce Malekith and bore him a child. Malekith would try to hide the kid from Morathi, not knowing that it was Morathi that tricked him. Reasoning is that Morathi needs an heir of the line of Aenarion to hold her political sway in Ulthuan (thus simply having a child herself would not work) in the case that Malekith would die in the far North expedition.

Thus, this gives a lot of possibilities. Even so that when Malekith returns unharmed, Morathi might even decide that the now slightly older child has served its purpse and thus sends assassins after it, etc, etc.

D...

Guh I love it!!! We're two evil geniuses together!!! ^.^
I wanna PM you with an idea.