It is time to state your allegiance.

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Deadsun
Trainee Warrior

Re: It is time to state your allegiance.

Post by Deadsun »

Calisson wrote:Well, there's a possibility that the fluff might be twisted to reflect the need to sell models in stock. :burns:
Kouran, Tullaris = no model = :killed:
Malus = very old model, out of stock = :killed:
Morathi = very old model, well sold because there are no other pegasus = :killed: (warning: soon no pegasus will be available anymore)
Lokhir = ageing model well sold = no stock left = :killed:
Malekith = many models made, never sold = same model, changing fluff.
Hellebron, Shadowblade = new model, not sold enough = kept alive.
Khainites models = new WE, new COB = kept available despite fluff tells Khaine is dead. :o_O:

With this theory, all new models will last.

Yep a leaf right out of the 1980s playbook of Hasbro. Its like the first twenty minutes of the transformers movie all over again. Contrive a reason scrap the old figures. So much for the rumoured plan that fw could produce these.

Never been a massive fan of special characters ( the main reason I never took to hordes/war machine) and always liked the pseudo. Role play element of inventing my own and developing own background.
Slave on the Altar

Post by AvatarofKhaine »

Minus the always convenient hole somewhere in Tyrion's armor to handicap him and exentually kill him off, he widowmakers the phony king Malekith and wins :lol:
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

AvatarofKhaine wrote:Minus the always convenient hole somewhere in Tyrion's armor to handicap him and exentually kill him off, he widowmakers the phony king Malekith and wins :lol:

AvatarofKhaine by name Avatarofkhaine by nature :mrgreen:
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Slave on the Altar

Post by AvatarofKhaine »

T.D. wrote:
AvatarofKhaine wrote:Minus the always convenient hole somewhere in Tyrion's armor to handicap him and exentually kill him off, he widowmakers the phony king Malekith and wins :lol:

AvatarofKhaine by name Avatarofkhaine by nature :mrgreen:

Hahaha had to come out and represent Khaine and the Aestyrion 8)
flatworldsedge
Chosen of Khaine

Post by flatworldsedge »

So - TD's story contest has forced me to think about this harder than my knee-jerk "ignore it all" answer. Here's my new thinking, ignorant of some of the fluff, so please do throw it at me if it conflicts.

The whole leaving Naggaroth thing seems to have annoyed/upset a few people, judging by other threads. I'm one of them. Naggaroth is a test. It makes us stronger every day. So do we quit it now? Wilt before its challenge, only half as strong as it could make us next year, and the year after?

Malekith's exodus to invade Ulthuan is so selfishly ego-centric. Who cares who wears the crown in Ulthuan. Claiming it serves his wounded pride, but it dooms our people. It snuffs out our chance to purge our weakness in blizzard and constant battle. If he had claimed it unchallenged, then what? We all go soft back in the homeland drinking peach juice and painting watercolour portraits of our nephews? No. Naggaroth made us better. He should have been proud to rule in Naggaroth. We should have made it greater than Ulthuan, not quit it in some pathetic squabble over who wears some second rate crown over there.

Naggaroth and Khaine are alike in their showing us a process where by enduring the impossible, we are lifted ever higher - yes, on a tide of blood, yes on the bodies of the weak, but their failure to meet the challenge demands their destruction. Let us never cease to be tested. Let those that fail, or balk at the challenge, never cease to be destroyed.

Malekith's actions having betrayed his true character; still a selfish child, grasping over the meaningless titles of the past. His obsession with the insignificant, and abandonment of the greater challenge, betrays his weakness. He has failed the test. He must be destroyed.
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

+1 flatworldsedge - Malekith must Die!
Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

flatworldsedge wrote:So - TD's story contest has forced me to think about this harder than my knee-jerk "ignore it all" answer. Here's my new thinking, ignorant of some of the fluff, so please do throw it at me if it conflicts.

The whole leaving Naggaroth thing seems to have annoyed/upset a few people, judging by other threads. I'm one of them. Naggaroth is a test. It makes us stronger every day. So do we quit it now? Wilt before its challenge, only half as strong as it could make us next year, and the year after?

Malekith's exodus to invade Ulthuan is so selfishly ego-centric. Who cares who wears the crown in Ulthuan. Claiming it serves his wounded pride, but it dooms our people. It snuffs out our chance to purge our weakness in blizzard and constant battle. If he had claimed it unchallenged, then what? We all go soft back in the homeland drinking peach juice and painting watercolour portraits of our nephews? No. Naggaroth made us better. He should have been proud to rule in Naggaroth. We should have made it greater than Ulthuan, not quit it in some pathetic squabble over who wears some second rate crown over there.

Naggaroth and Khaine are alike in their showing us a process where by enduring the impossible, we are lifted ever higher - yes, on a tide of blood, yes on the bodies of the weak, but their failure to meet the challenge demands their destruction. Let us never cease to be tested. Let those that fail, or balk at the challenge, never cease to be destroyed.

Malekith's actions having betrayed his true character; still a selfish child, grasping over the meaningless titles of the past. His obsession with the insignificant, and abandonment of the greater challenge, betrays his weakness. He has failed the test. He must be destroyed.

Spoilers:

I could only read so much, basically the chaos horde swarms into Naggoroth unopposed due to Morathi's complicity, Malekith figures Naggorroth is lost, plus with Teclis's backing he feels he can retake Ulthuan.

After that, I skimmed through most of the rest of it, with I guess Tyrion getting thrown under the bus for the dramatic effect but I'm sure he'll be back. Malekith is basically just a warm body along for the ride, he has no character other than I'm bad, fear me! So not much too betray, and the high elf characters basically drive everything, Teclis, Imrik, Tyrion, mostly, with Alith Anar peforming the coup de grâce (1.75 times, he's that good). Dark elf characters just end up getting splattered, no real loss though. The only one that appears to have any type of competence is Morathi but she ends up getting super-splattered too but it takes one of the ultimate high elf fan-service characters to sacrifice himself with her, so a fair trade I feel.

I think ultimately Dark Elves lost the most, our lands, and our spiritual incarnation basically. Not sure what impact Khaine being gone has on things like witch elves and executioners, there is even talk about how the elves feel different with him gone, who knows... But Malekith is now drying humping the everqueen, so I guess he made out.
Sangfroid
Executioner

Post by Sangfroid »

It's just a shame they didn't use this shakeup as a reason to get rid of or redo the black ark Fleetmaster ;-)

The Druchii true God is Khaine even before the sundering when we were nargrrythe we followed Khaine, Lord sangfroid stands with the Aestyrion, this recent development is but a temporary setback Malekith has been prophesied to die at the hands of a sorcerer but before his fall he must rule with shadow, Caledor forsaw it, even morathi I think knows that Tyrion is the true aerarion reborn but only time will tell

"And lo, he shall rule with a dark hand and his shadow shall touch upon every land. Steel will be his skin and fire will be his blood, in hatred he will conquer all before him. No blade forged of Man, Dwarf or Elf shall endure him fear. Though it will come to pass that the firstborn son of noble blood shall rise to power. The child will be learned in the darkest arts and he will raise an army of terrible beasts. Thus will the Dark King fall, slain by neither blade nor arrow but by sorcerers power of darkest magic and so shall his body be consumed in the flames and for all eternity burn"

(I just need to get my hands on a copy of et:Khaine so I can see for myself)
flatworldsedge
Chosen of Khaine

Post by flatworldsedge »

Sangfroid wrote:... the black ark Fleetmaster ;-)

Lol - yeah... he's still there as one of the 18 Lord choices in the "Eternity" army list. If only his unwelcome tenaciousness was represented in the rules somehow.
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

flatworldsedge wrote:

Lol - yeah... he's still there as one of the 18 Lord choices in the "Eternity" army list. If only his unwelcome tenaciousness was represented in the rules somehow.

There is no ocean shore in Athel Loren.
Curse_Bearer
Shade

Post by Curse_Bearer »

Gidean wrote:
flatworldsedge wrote:

There is no ocean shore in Athel Loren.

Maybe there are really...big...lakes?
flatworldsedge
Chosen of Khaine

Post by flatworldsedge »

I guess we still have Black Arks, just no where to anchor them. Unless we float them over and dump them on top of the forest, in the Naggor style. Not sure our new best buddies would approve of that though?
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Direct river link to the seas, not the greatest mind you but don't forget Wood Elves can travel over the worldroots... there are many forests on shores around the world. It wouldn't be too difficult to establish a remote port.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Ulthuan is sunk.
Remain all the colonies scattered in islands around the world in the Southern Hemisphere. See HE AB p.8:
- Citadel of Dusk
- Fortress of Dawn
- Tor Elasor
- Tower of Stars
- Tower of the Sun
- Gates of Calith
- Tor Elithis
and possibly
- Tower of the Rising Sun
- City of Spires
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Calisson wrote:Ulthuan is sunk.

!lol!
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Poor Fleetmasters. At least their sword pointed peg legs served them well in our frozen lands. The point helped them from slipping on the ice. But imagine all the rabbit holes and soft mulch in Athel Loren. :sick: I think Malekith should pension them (i.e. put em to the axe!) :killed:
flatworldsedge
Chosen of Khaine

Post by flatworldsedge »

Gidean wrote:Poor Fleetmasters. ... I think Malekith should pension them (i.e. put em to the axe!) :killed:

I think the issue is that they're so heavily unionised. (That and the conflicting interests since GW put one in the battalion box!).
Sangfroid
Executioner

Post by Sangfroid »

Gidean wrote:Poor Fleetmasters. At least their sword pointed peg legs served them well in our frozen lands. The point helped them from slipping on the ice. But imagine all the rabbit holes and soft mulch in Athel Loren. :sick: I think Malekith should pension them (i.e. put em to the axe!) :killed:

Thank you for making me smile today, sadly that smile was short lived when I realised what we were talking about. One thing I also noticed (and please bear in mind I haven't read Khaine yet) was the absence of tullaris and Koran in any of the lists (have seen the prints on our cousins site) there was a lot of fluff in the AB about tullaris and I had a thought at one point it was going to be him pull the widdowmaker
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Sangfroid wrote:
Gidean wrote:Poor Fleetmasters. At least their sword pointed peg legs served them well in our frozen lands. The point helped them from slipping on the ice. But imagine all the rabbit holes and soft mulch in Athel Loren. :sick: I think Malekith should pension them (i.e. put em to the axe!) :killed:

Thank you for making me smile today, sadly that smile was short lived when I realised what we were talking about. One thing I also noticed (and please bear in mind I haven't read Khaine yet) was the absence of tullaris and Koran in any of the lists (have seen the prints on our cousins site) there was a lot of fluff in the AB about tullaris and I had a thought at one point it was going to be him pull the widdowmaker

I you haven't read it, then I shall not ruin it for you, unless you want to know what happens to them.
Silvershadow
Warrior

Post by Silvershadow »

All hail Malekith, the Eternity King!

More excited about joining forces with the asrai than with the asur, but eh, they have their uses for sure. (cannon fodder if nothing else :mrgreen: )

It's definitely weird that Hellebron is still following Malekith, and with her all the khainite units - they don't really address what their take on this is at the end, but they're in the army list, so...
8th edition Dark Elf book: 11-1-5 before I lost track

All hail the Eternity King!
Sangfroid
Executioner

Post by Sangfroid »

Thanks amboadine as long as they are mentioned I'll wait and see for my self :lol:
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Silvershadow wrote:It's definitely weird that Hellebron is still following Malekith, and with her all the khainite units - they don't really address what their take on this is at the end, but they're in the army list, so...
That's because Hellebron's hatred towards Morathi is strong then her allegiance to Khaine... !lol!
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Kalethdarkblood
Warrior

Post by Kalethdarkblood »

We can resume the "to do list" of DE:

- Malekith becomes true ruler of the elves. Check!
- DE Conquer/destroy Ulthuan. Check!

Now we can indulge (A.K.A: torture, enslave...) ourself on the (poor) population of Bretonnia and tribes of beastman until the end of times.

So All hail Malekith the eternity king!
All Hail the Eternity King!
What? we are now order force...
Hurry and bring me a humie ou two to torture and kill! Go capture slaves by dozens! It's for the greater good!
Kheotour
Slave on the Altar

Post by Kheotour »

I choose Menghil. Is he mentioned at all in any of The End Times stories? I have been using him as my army general since 3rd edition.
"Conan, what is good GMing?"
"To crush the PCs. To see their character sheets piled before you and to hear the lamentations of their players."
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Kheotour wrote:I choose Menghil. Is he mentioned at all in any of The End Times stories? I have been using him as my army general since 3rd edition.

No mention as far as I remember.