Bigger Cold Ones. Field a Dark Elf Super Squad.

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Dread lord malice
Noble

Bigger Cold Ones. Field a Dark Elf Super Squad.

Post by Dread lord malice »

ive been reading the darkblade novels and i keep coming accross the same thing: BIG ASS COLD ONES. apparently their alot like the lizardmen Sauras. the older they get, the bigger, meaner and nastier they get. the current cold ones, while cool, arnt very menacing. hell the high elf dragon prince's steeds' look more mean then they do! so i was thinking of a way to "fix" this. i clicked over to forge world and saw just the thing. the kroot great karnloc or however you spell it. their nice n big and you really dont even need to convert that much, well aside from the head but nothings perfict. i figured they could be used for nobles like the orge thunderlord or even a super heavy unit similar to the ogre rhinox calvery. Malus Darkblades steed Spite is supposed to be a larger then normal mount, while at the same time no where near massive. im still working on this cunundrum. any help is appreciated. and what do u folks think about the idea in general?

Rork edit: Don't put the entire thread title in capitals. And please take you time and ensure your spelling is correct - that post is an utter disaster.

Oh, and another thing. Use paragraphs - it makes your post easier to read.
Frankthetank
Beastmaster

Post by Frankthetank »

In the novel Malus Darkblades cold is a runt small then normal cold one but smarter.
Aachil lathanast
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Aachil lathanast »

Or you could use GameZone cold ones which are both bigger and better sculpted than the current GW ones.
Weak perish so that the strong can live. It is the law of nature. It is the law of the Druchii.
Geoguswrek
Highborn

Post by Geoguswrek »

However GZ cold ones aren't legal in GW tournaments, so its a win-lose situation.
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

the kroot great karnloc

Sorry, but that's a bird. A cold one is a large raptor. I agree with Aachil Lathanast, Game Zone cold ones are the best I ever saw, and probably will see.
Class: Warrior
Ws: 6 dex: 4 str: 4 T: 3 Int: 4
Skills: Awareness, Defensive fighting, Parry
Equipment: Medium armor, Longsword, 2 Throwing daggers, 50 gold coins

Don't forgive, don't forget
Dread lord malice
Noble

Aachil Lathanast wrote:Or you could use GameZone cold ones which are both bigger and better sculpted than the current GW ones.

Hmmmmm. Looks like THAT master plan was shot down like a wild harpie! Im not familiar with GameZone. Would someone be so kind as to either post sum pics of said cold ones, or post a link for me? Im dieing to field a Dark Elf version of Ogre Rhinox calvery. Thanks for the feedback. You guys just saved me ALOT of money and time, i was seconds away from buys three of 'em from Forge World.
Aachil lathanast

Weak perish so that the strong can live. It is the law of nature. It is the law of the Druchii.
Dread lord malice
Noble

:shock: :shock: Those pretties are nothing short of awe-inspirering. That could work nicely for a normal cold one block or even (more likely) a stronger, more powerful one. Any ideas on where i could pick some up, and how much cash it will set me back? Thanks for posting the eye candy man.
Aachil lathanast

Dread Lord Malus wrote:Any ideas on where i could pick some up, and how much cash it will set me back?

http://www.gamezoneminiatures.com/

http://www.battlefield-berlin.de/shop/i ... list=WG440

http://www.artemisblacks.com/
Seanzala
Death Jester

Post by Seanzala »

Just remember, as was mentioned before, those models aren't tournament legal as they aren't GW, so if you're planning to go to a tournament, have some GW ones spare.

Sean
Dread lord malice
Noble

seanzala wrote:Just remember, as was mentioned before, those models aren't tournament legal as they aren't GW, so if you're planning to go to a tournament, have some GW ones spare.

Sean

Thanks, thats good to know. I really havent done many Tournies. Just get together with my gameing club so no worries.
Demonclown
Corsair

Post by Demonclown »

WOW they are really nice models and not expensive either i was wondering if they were sold in the uk aswell?
"AVENGE THE FALLEN FATHERS,
STRIKE DOWN THOSE WHO BETRAYED US,
BRING DOWN THEIR WALLS AND BURN THEIR HOMES,
DRIVE THEM INTO THE SEA BRETHREN,
MALEKITH WILL KNOW HIS FOLLY,
I SHALL DEVOUR HIM, PIECE BY PIECE."
- Noble Gwydn Clorian of the Nos Draig
Dread lord malice
Noble

demonclown wrote:WOW they are really nice models and not expensive either i was wondering if they were sold in the uk aswell?

My problem is i cant read spanish worth a damn and that site doesnt have any english on it! Maybe Ill check ebay, thats where I get most of my models, and Forge World is CHEAP on it! Check it out.
Demonclown
Corsair

Post by Demonclown »

thanks alot really nice models sort of like a chicken crossed with a pirannah :twisted:
Viper
Highborn

Post by Viper »

You could always use GW riders and throw some bitz on the base since in tournaments a certain % of the model must be GW. I forget their exact standards.
Good, bad, I am the guy with the reapter bolt thrower.
Dread lord malice
Noble

I did buy some gamezone cold ones but they havent come in yet. But I havent givin up on the Great Karnloc idea either just yet. I know they are birds, but wernt birds dinosars millions of years ago?! I think that if i put a carnosaur head on it and add scails all over and make the tail longer it could totally work. Im planing on making one for my highborn (so he's bigger then this personal guard, the gamezone cold ones) or i might just have him "count as" a dragon. God knows he'll be big enough! Wish me luck and if you have any suggestions throw em at me.
Victory is measured in blood. Yours or your enemies.

Give them NOTHING, but take from them EVERYTHING!
Demonclown
Corsair

Post by Demonclown »

who cares wether their meant to be birds or not this is a hobby and i think it would be a really cool idea although making it into a dragon would mean youd have to put wings on it.finding ons big enough could be a problem :?