Advice for a chaos lord

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Advice for a chaos lord

Post by Drainial »

I want to make a desent looking chaos lord on a chaos steed, I have already desided to put him on a cold one (trust me it fits the fluff) But I am totaly stumped on what to use for the main body. My green stuffing ability is on the very much a beginer stage, I can fill a gap and might attempt a very basic sculpt like fur but thats about it. I want a Tzeentchen theam. Any ideas?
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Sexy druchii
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sexy druchii »

Well, idk, but what I would do is...

Take a mounted unit from either empire, chaos, or brettonia that has suitable legs for desired character, and chaosify them, you know, just spike em up a bit.

Take Archaon's chestpiece from his mounted set, and replace all the stars of chaos (are there any?) with tzeentch marks sculpted on them. Place desired weapon in Archaon torso weapon hand, after removing his sword since its ugly, and then replace archaon torso head with a suitable one, say... beastman, or marauder, or chaos warrior helm, but with one horn shorter than the other (tzeentch again.)

Place a 2nd hand weapon, or a shield, or w/e in the off hand, and blamo, you're done!

--SD--

(i did this for my khorne lord, just on foot)