Sigvald Champion of Slaanesh

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Georc
Assassin

Sigvald Champion of Slaanesh

Post by Georc »

Ok, after yesterday Chaos is released, I can show what I have worked on the last weeks:
I´t was Sigvald the Slaaesnh Champion. I paint it for an Gamers Workshop event next weekend. The mini is very experimental. I never painted SENMM before and give it a try here to show the mirror shild. The SENMM works best on small areas like on the breast armour. The shild misses the mirror of the battlefield but perhaps I will add a battle on it later.
I hope you like it

Kind Regards GeOrc
Zakath the slaughterer
Master of Puppets

Post by Zakath the slaughterer »

Uh, oh...

Is that thing even painted with a brush.. Is it a model at all? :D

Man, I am wordless, it is way beyond what I've ever seen.. I just sat and stared at it for ages before I came up with any words at all..

The freehand on the cape is beatiful, really sharp and stylish! The SENMM one the armour and shield (whatever that means) looks jaw dropping to say the least!

Do you really intend to paint a battle on the shield? That sounds really challenging... I wouldn't risk ruining such a beautiful model but if you're sure about it - I will gladly check out the results!
Master of puppets I'm pulling your strings/
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams/
Blinded by me, you cant see a thing/
Just call my name, `cause Ill hear you scream
Aspiring executioner
Assassin
Location: Raiding Lustria for more cake...(Newcastle, Australia)

Post by Aspiring executioner »

I but have one criticism, it looks like the Joker from Dark Knight. The armour and shield are absolutley fantastic as usual. I'd personally change the face and hair to something Prince-like, but I am just one inexperienced painter from Australia ;) . Great work again GeOrc.
Dark Elf Tally using the 6th Ed. list
W: 11 D: 2 L: 8
Dark Elf Tally using the 7th Ed. List
W: 24 D: 2 L: 6
Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

I'm just speechless about the model, it's just too amazing.
And the server wrote:Internal Server Error
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

hmm.

Technically perfect again, and no surprise to see you painting the newest and best ever Slaanesh model before anyone else has even touched it. Kudos! [that needs an umlaut, but I lack the skill to use one]

I have a slight feeling that the curvature of the horizon on the shield is not quite correct, but I'm not holding the thing in my hand, which undoubtedly be the best situation in which to judge it. I would say also that while the shield and breastplate look absurdly shiny, really madly beautiful, the rest of the armour looks relatively dull. Is this intended? I'm afraid I'll never agree with you in the matter of blue/grey skin, but that is merely a matter of taste. Even though I do not personally like it, I can still say that you have painted it wonderfully once again. I could also say that there's something about the eyes that I don't quite agree with. They look either too big or too small. The tone is too close to the skin tone, and the picture too small, to be quite sure which it is. In any case, I feel it makes him look more daemonic than human. It seems to me that a character like Sigvald ought to look more human than human, if you see what I mean, and not daemonic or warped. Once again, a matter of taste, there is still no way to fault your skill, so I must surely praise it.

Jewels, NMM, blending, basing, all perfect as ever. Marvellous job on your first SENMM too.

Sigvald the Magnificent indeed.

I hereby grant you three [3] mugs of beer as a small reward for your efforts, enjoy.

Cheerio.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Sarcon
Beastmaster

Post by Sarcon »

It's awesome. Just awesome.
Mdk
Slave on the Altar

Post by Mdk »

OMG GeOrc, just as I think you can not do any better you come up with this. This actually is totally diffrent from what we are used
from you. Great color choice. Well done!
You’re a wreck, an accident.
Forget the freak, your just nature.
Keep the gun oiled, and the temple cleaned shiz
snort, and blaspheme, let the heads cool, and the
engine run. Because in the end, everything we do,
is just everything we’ve done.
Bagu82
Trainee Warrior

Post by Bagu82 »

OMG!!!!!!!! Great - technically a masterpiece for me - but as a model....welll he loks more like a vampire then a slaanesh champion -
Lazarus
Phlebotomist of Khaine

Post by Lazarus »

Looks like Georc has taken a page out of Soryama's art book, the armor is beautiful, especially the cuirass and shield. I'm not a fan of the face however...the skin color, the eyes, and the lips all leave me wanting, looks a little clown like, but I'm also quite sure that look is what you were aiming for. Very well done, just not to my liking. I think that a warm flesh tone would have given the figure a better color balance than continuing the cold theme of the armor. The rest of the figure is perfect, smooth application, smooth blends and transitions, and the chrome effect is spotless.
I've been to Middenheim,
I've been to Ulthuan,
I've been to Cathay too,
So what, so what
so what so what you boney little f***
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

That's a stunning model. I've heard GeOrc paints a life-sized model and then shrinks it down using Wonka-vision...
Ehakir
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ehakir »

You really should give me a chance to grab my camara to go to the world of warhammer and take pictures of the persons in 'real' life :lol:
"Ceterum censeo Ulthuan esse delendam"
-Ehakir

3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win.
Bagu82
Trainee Warrior

Post by Bagu82 »

oooo so now i know - its Gav in early hippi years ;) lol
Bassman76
Highborn

Post by Bassman76 »

Oh, well, sorry my ignorance, what's SENMM? Watching this mini I suppose Super Extraordinary Non Metallic Metals ;)
The breast plates and the loincloth are incredibly beautiful!
I'd realy like to see this mini in real life...
when you go down, go down fighting!!

if you hang around Milan:

www.milantour.net

Special cultural events in Milan? Pretige locations for your company?

www.milanoarte.net
Arcturus
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Arcturus »

Very neat Georc, you clearly belong to the few who actually understand the dynamics of painting chrome(or SENMM if you must). The reflective surfaces are pretty indeed, tho I would've prefered a purple tint to the shields mirror image, a bit in the brown would probably do, tie it in with the model more. I'd rather use the face as a point to use a different shade than the shield. Nitpicks, but still. Anyway, the model is easily a golden deamon category winning standard fig IMO, doesn't mean it couldn't be better, but maybe it is divinity to have a flaw, rather than be perfect, as is the case even with Sigvald. :D Admirable stuff, as always.

Cheers
---Tragic legend, Eerie stratum---
Rising son
Cold One Knight

Post by Rising son »

Amazing work as usual.

However, once again this lowly, unskilled hack has the gall to critique your work, but I have to agree with Lazarus and Aspiring Ex., the face is just too close to the Joker with those particular skin tones (and I haven't even seen the movie).

Humblest apologies m(_ _)m
"I can't believe you think I'm a liar. Sure I make random stuff up, but I'm not a liar."
Grimma
Executioner

Post by Grimma »

Truly an amazing piece of work. Pop that guy on the battlefield and watch you opponent gasp for breath. Talk about winning a battle before it's fought.
UNSEEN LERKER MAGAZINE - It'll make you happier than a Corsair in a Bretonnian orphanage.
Milney
Beastmaster

Post by Milney »

Amazing. I'm not normally a fan of NMM (or SENMM for that matter) but your work always makes me think twice.

The only thing I would comment on is the skin tone, which although nicely pale and "otherworldly" (as a 300 year old child of Slaanesh should look) does have the ffect of having his face fade away into the rest of the model (especially the chestplate and shield which stand out).
"Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!"

W : D : L (7th Edition)
6 : 1 : 4
Lord_azoth
Highborn

Post by Lord_azoth »

The armour is amzing..but I dont like the face, technically is awesome, but dont like the color, is to pale IMO, maybe a darker colour will fram ebetter the armour
Death before dishonor
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lordsaradain »

Awesome paintjob.

Personally I think the skin tone is abit off, Sigvald is a human, and a beautiful one at that, currently he looks like some evil vampire.

On the model, I thought it was pretty cool untill I saw this. Sigvald is the gayest ever! He's not wearing undies and would be practically naked if it wasn't for he loincloth. Eeew! And i was planning on getting the spearhead... I'll just give that model to one of my friends if I do.
Click here to find out how to convert cooler and cheaper models!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

I thnk you made him a little too dark elfish: I picture Sigvald with blond hair ala prince Charming in Shrek. The sky/ earth nmm, you clues in the shield folks, works really well on the armour though not the shield. I think you could have gone crazy with the shield, but the figures still awesome regardless.

edit: spelling! :oops:
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Thanks for sharing this masterpiece with D.net, too.
As I mentioned elsewhere - great work. :D

CATR
../¨¨¨|
.|ô/ô 9..Real sportsmen hunt with arrows and fish with flies.
.~~ /|...Real gentlemen play games which require skill, not tools.
.|__/\...Extraordinary gentlemen even win with them.
.[>o<]...Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
Ayeril
Dark Rider

Post by Ayeril »

well done, this is the most fantastic mini i have seen.
Stutterwarp
Slave on the Altar

Post by Stutterwarp »

That is absolutely stunning. I need to pick my jaw up from the floor.
Brickrock121
Slave on the Altar

Post by Brickrock121 »

WOnderful job, the effect you've realised on the torso is pretty mind-blowing!
Monkeylord
Assassin

Post by Monkeylord »

Brilliant, GeOrc, brilliant. And nothing short of what we should expect from you. :) If I may be so bold, it is probably one of your best paint jobs to-date.

My only criticism has already been covered by others here. To me, Sigvald's fleshtones make him come across as deathly, maybe even a bit frightening. When I glance at him, I'm more inclined to think "Vampire" than super-human touched by the unfathomable beyond. (EDIT: I see I'm not the only one that thinks so. Good, then I don't feel so bad offering crits on such a wonderful paint job! :p )

I would have made his skin very fair, and perhaps his hair blond.

In any case, this is still magnificent work, no matter what my qualms with the colors are. :)