My Executoniers with Axes- from old Blackguard converted

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Murmandamus
Noble

My Executoniers with Axes- from old Blackguard converted

Post by Murmandamus »

I made them from old models of BG. The axe is made from older chaos warrior axes glued together and then glued to BG model so they have some of the feel of ancient 5ed unrealeased model from games day i always wanted to get.

So what do you think about them?
Zeth wrote:sorc on a highborn is not a good unit option
Uman
Cold One Knight

Post by Uman »

Nice! I loved the axe Executioners in the artwork in the original army book, and the old Black Guard look so different to the new ones that they could easily be pegged as Executioners with those axes!

I am not much of a converter, but have picked up some Black Tree minis of Executioners. Not as good-quality models as GW, but they do have axes :)

Excellent job!

U
Victor simic
Highborn

Post by Victor simic »

Look great. I did the same back in the days before the lovely Draich wielding models were available.

I still use them if I`m fielding multiple units of Executioners(I`ve only got 24 Draich wielding mini`s).

The only difference with mine, is that I used the existing Halberds and just clipped off the spear points. Works fine. I do like your addition of bloody great axe heads though !

Cheers.
Be happy, and ye shall be wise
Saori_nightstar
Black Guard

Post by Saori_nightstar »

these look cool, love the exes. will make a gr8 addition to a DE army :)
Image Image Image
Lil' Waaagh Army | DRUCHII PLOG

'I may have the week and feeble body of a woman, I but I can assure you, I have the heart and stomach of a King!' - Elizabeth I
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

Looks great. I use the 5th edition blackguard models as executioners as well. I have used them as executioners since 5th edition. Sadly, they don't get a lot of table time these days.
To strive, to persevere, to conquer.