Dreadlord with Crimson Death

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Cam.ron
Warrior

Dreadlord with Crimson Death

Post by Cam.ron »

hey guys, basically what I would like is a decent looking model to fill the slot as a dreadlord with Crimson Death. I have been trying to search for conversions people may have already made but couldn't find anything. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am pretty sure I could make a basic conversion but I was wondering if there is anything anyone has used in the past or even any non GW miniatures that would fill the slot nicely.

Cheers.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

I use the old Lord Aquila model from the the old Heroic Fighters of the Known World set.

Curiously enough, when I googled that it came up with a current ebay auction for the whole set (ends in 1 day 1 hour)! I've pasted the link below in case its something you want to pursue (sorry mods if I'm not allowed to do this). Lord Aquila is the bottom model on the right with the eagle on his head: as you can see he looks regal, powerful and cruel - the blade he is carrying is a perfect fit for Crimson Death imo.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/F375-BC7-Heroic-F ... 0469943360
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Sarcon
Beastmaster

Post by Sarcon »

This is what I originaly did:

However, I'm currently fielding him with caledor's bane right now (due to playing against a lot of pope on war altar empire armies).

There's a few more pics in my army blog, link's in my signature.
Be sure to check out my Army blog.