NzDruchii's Druchii (Pic Heavy)

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Nzdruchii
Slave (off the Altar)

NzDruchii's Druchii (Pic Heavy)

Post by Nzdruchii »

Firstly hello everyone!

Right I will get this out of the way first. I have been a frequent visitor to this forum for a while now but never posted so I thought id start. I have taken a huge amount of ideas and inspiration from all of you so thank you for sharing all your amazing armies and miniatures. Ok now that i have done the formalites I can proceed to the main event!

So this is my army as it stands at the moment. What you see is only the painted stuff. I have about the same amount awaiting some love.

"Image

"Image

"Image

"Image

"Image

"Image

"Image

"Image

"Image

"Image

"Image

"Image

"Image

So there you have it I will be posting more as I complete them. So feel free to have a look, post a comment or two even some constructive critisism.

P.s At the moment I am working on a Khainite army for 8th so expect some W.I.P soon!
Last edited by Nzdruchii on Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maldor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Maldor »

What models did you use for the harpies?
Lock up your children, shut all windows tight.
The Witch Elves are hunting for victims tonight.
When old hags do knock at your door, you must hide,
Your death is the gift sought by Khaine's pretty brides.
Leduwob
Warrior

Post by Leduwob »

Are CoK models from game-zone?
Nobody likes us ... WE DONT CARE
Nzdruchii
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Nzdruchii »

@ Maldor and leduwob - They are both from Gamezone. They have extremely nice alternatives to GW minis.
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Looks like you have been building this army for a long time. Paint job on the corsairs is very nice. You also did an excellent job on the sorceress, especially her face. Skin tone is something that is hard to do and you've handled it well.

That being said, there are some things I am not so fond of, mostly having to do with the color scheme. For example, the Witch Elf unit looks really good except for the one with the blonde hair sticking out like a sore thumb. The use of red is appropriate in some places, but seems jarring in others -- the banner top for the Knight unit just looks out of place.

Putting the minis aside, I am really interested in the Dark Elf tower on your blog page -- did you buy that or make it?
Truly These are the End Times ...
Nzdruchii
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Nzdruchii »

@Dyvim - I have to agree with ya on the red although it isnt as bright as the pics make it out to be. I may go back and change bits and bobs at a later date. In reference to the tower, it is brought and the company is monolith in poland. I will try find the website. They have great stuff on offer including Dark elf castle wall and gate house. It is made out of like a hardened clay. Happy to give any more info if needed!

A few bits I have been working on as of late....

This is the Tower Dyvim is going on about. Pic is missing the top part. Just trying some colours out, but it is more in keeping with my cult of Khaine army scheme.

Next up are some very WIP pics of my Khainite Army. They include the Cauldron of Blood (first attempt at NNM) and my Georc inspired Disiples which play as Corsairs! And some fresh meat for sacrificing.

(The Cauldron will hang from his hand)

So yea really enjoying doing this army atm so expect more updates soon. Questions and comments more than welcome. Till next time have a pleasent one!
Lord_azoth
Highborn

Post by Lord_azoth »

the COB looks really awesome!
Death before dishonor
Squanto315
Trainee Warrior

Post by Squanto315 »

Awwww man that i sgoing to be so awesome when its finished i cant wait to see it. It is such a brilliant idea bravo cant wait to see more
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

8th edition W/D/L
legion of the Bloody Snowflake 4/0/3
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Wow -- cauldron kicks @$$ !!!!
Truly These are the End Times ...
Kurl-soulrender
Black Guard

Post by Kurl-soulrender »

That statue is surely awesome.
-JK.
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

I love that CoB. Can't wait to see the finished piece!
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Steam
Shade

Post by Steam »

I really liked that you used purpel in your army since most people dont use it anymore for dark elves.
One think that I dident like is the green of the hydra. But thats just me.
http://newhammer.freeforums.org/ painting competiton os online

ImageImageImageImage
Zanshin
Slave on the Altar

Post by Zanshin »

How did you get the Gamezone predators without buying the riders? I would like to remount about 10 COK and would prefer to get those GZ mounts than the GW raptor looking ones, if possible.

Zanshin
Nzdruchii
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Nzdruchii »

Hey Guys sorry for the lack of contact I have been undersiege by a huge amount of uni work as well as deciding it would be fun whilst playing rugby to break my right index finger (Im right handed) which has slowed painting and modelling my army quite a bit.

@ all thanks for the comments I cant wait to finish my CoB either!

@ Zanshin I got them from battlefield berlin store but they came with the riders but they are a seperate piece to the predators.

@Steam Yea the purple is one of the pulls the dark elves have on me when i picked them up 11 odd years ago glad you liked.

Hope to get more pics up soon!!
Khaelir
Slave on the Altar

Post by Khaelir »

i'm really curious about how you painted the purple on Malus Darkblade, it's one of the best Druchii pruple i've ever seen
Angel flesh impaled, it is so beautiful.
Feathers falling down, over the bloodstained ground
The painful angels scream, sweet music to my ears
It's like a dream
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Not a fan of drow skin at all, but you did a great job on the conversions and paintjobs. Nice looking force you have there.