Building Terrain

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Doug
Warrior

Building Terrain

Post by Doug »

I am building new terrain. what is the average size of a typical forest and what would be the largest that one would want to make? :roll:
thanks Douglas
Dreddlore
Slave on the Altar

Post by Dreddlore »

Typical forest size used to be 6 inches by 4 inches or 6 inches by 6 inches. To be honest, it doesn't have to be a uniform size.

I always put my trees on bases for 1) stability - stops them from falling down, 2) to use the bases to 'draw' an invisible line between the tree to form the edge of the forest so my opponents know where it begins and ends.

The other thing you could do is use either thin foamboard, cardboard or plasticard, cut into a shape then add flock, stones and your loose trees can then be placed on this and moved around when troops enter. The shaped base becomes the edge of your forest/tree line.
Desmodeus
Executioner

Post by Desmodeus »

Honestly, I'd suggest just sticking a bunch of trees on individual bases, maybe with the odd cluster here and there. You can make the forest as extensive as you like, and nudge individual trees about if they're being a little too obstuctive.
Anast: Ws4 S3 T3 D4 I4 0G
Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak, lock-picks, choke-wire
Skills: Basic Stealth, Wilderness Lore
Doug
Warrior

Post by Doug »

Thanks Guy that really helps!
Douglas