New plastic AoW Apoc Warriors coming up

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

New plastic AoW Apoc Warriors coming up

Post by Omnichron »

I guess this was the place to post this, as it was model news...

Here's a picture of some minis of the new kit coming up from AoW. It was "leaked" from the AoW forums (one of the admins couldn't resist teasing us and giving us a look of the awesomeness).

It's gonna be seperate parts, just like chaos warriors today I'd guess, although with more options and different parts. They also use a new way of producing these miniatures, something that feels like a cross between plastic and resin, with great details and easy to glue (At least, that's the word).

As said in the AoW forum about these earlier:

"This first War-cast release is a multi-part regiment, 20 multi-part minis, torsos/legs/arms/heads (20 different ones!)/different weapon combos, command accessories, ... for a hint to what it is: Apoc, War :D Price for War-cast will be not as cheap as plastic, but still very affordable for building regiments, and seeing the detail definition I really thyink is worth the small difference.

Pieces do not come in a big sprue, they come in small plastic bags, organized by type (trosos, legs, heads, ...)."

For my part, starting up on warriors of chaos beside my dark elf minis, I think it looks really cool and I love these minis. I am a bit disappointed that it wasn't something more of the marauders they'd release, because they have done some awesome marauder leaders and I think the GW marauders looks quite ugly.

As far as the rumors go, there will be some dark elf kit coming up "soon". At least AoW's goal is to make one kit every second month, so we'll see what comes up two months after the release of this as well. As far as I can see, the AoW minis are awesome and will continue to be so!

I can't wait for more of these kits, and I look forward to seeing the final result of this one, once it's released.

For more information, check out the forums of http://www.avatars-of-war.com/ (Or more specifically this thread for the news and rumours of 2012: http://www.avatars-of-war.com/eng/forum ... ?f=9&t=861 )
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
Lord tsunami
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tsunami »

so THIS is why we dont get any witches? :D
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Indeed! Although I think we'll see our deadly ladies coming out soon (in 2 months or 4). I hope so at least :)
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Thetosh
Black Guard

Re: New plastic AoW Apoc Warriors coming up

Post by Thetosh »

Omnichron wrote: They also use a new way of producing these miniatures, something that feels like a cross between plastic and resin, with great details and easy to glue (At least, that's the word).

So basically Finecast (even the name sounds similar) but probably not with the same level of miscasts and air bubbles?
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

Lord Tsunami wrote:so THIS is why we dont get any witches? :D

The AoW female elven faces are terrible, so I don't mind Felix not doing them.

However, Raging heroes, I'm quoting someone else quoting their email * ;) , had this to say recently:

'And finally, we are also working on our first large-size unit. It will have 10 minis, all female, and, of course, all evil. We'd like to have them out in February... Want to venture a guess as to what they are?'

Their female sculpts are great.

*bold added by me
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: New plastic AoW Apoc Warriors coming up

Post by Omnichron »

thetosh wrote:So basically Finecast (even the name sounds similar) but probably not with the same level of miscasts and air bubbles?

I would guess it's something like finecast yes. They are not making them in sprues as plastic at least... I guess we'll see. I will get these warriors for my secondary army at least.

DarkMark wrote:The AoW female elven faces are terrible, so I don't mind Felix not doing them.

Well, I wouldn't say they are terrible, but they have some strange shapes somehow. I've only finished the sorceress, and she looks great from a bit of distance, and alright close too... I hope their future miniatures will have a bit more normal shaped faces though.

DarkMark wrote:'And finally, we are also working on our first large-size unit. It will have 10 minis, all female, and, of course, all evil. We'd like to have them out in February... Want to venture a guess as to what they are?'

Cool! I asked them whether they would make something like the witch elves about half a year ago, with the response that they hadn't anything specificly planned in that range back then.

I'll cross my fingers and hope it's something like witch elves! :D
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

Fine models! I just can't be starting up yet another army.
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Yeah, the models looks nice, although I think the halberds are VERY big...

Oh, and yes, here's and update. You can now order these great looking miniatures here: http://www.avatars-of-war.com/eng/web/i ... Itemid=143

You can choose from two weapon, weapon and shield, great weapon and halberds. I'm considering the dual wielding option and halberds the most as I already have the normal chaos warriors... I might consider having the shield ones too though as they look really cool.

I think the price for the models is really great too, you get 20 warriors for 37.50 euros... in comparison, you get 12 of the standard GW ones for 30. As I think the AoW warriors looks better than the GW ones... well, I know what I'm going for.