The Zahardian Army [pic-heavy]

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Samusin
Executioner
Location: see that shadow behind you?? thats where I'm hidden...

The Zahardian Army [pic-heavy]

Post by Samusin »

Wellcome to my new (and first) PLOG

I started the Druchii and warhammer in general about 7 months ago...
well after about 2 months and playing 3 games I grew tired of proxying everything -.- so I just bought some boxes and parts and started of painting and converting my first army

to bad I didn't wait for longer, since the army I have here does not completely fit my playing style I have adopted after all this time -.- well its still a good army, even of not great, but its enough for a beginning

before I will start, I appologise for the quality XD it where quick shots made since I spontaniously decided to share it here

First I want you to meet my General: Samusin Zahard
He is on a dark peg, converted (just like the others) from the horses of chaos knights and some wings I found at hords'o bits (or whatever that site is called)
he himself is a cold one knight rider
he's carrying a scythe (its bad to see, but its supposed to be red lol) and its a crimson death, but can be allso used as a great weapon, or a lance (A)
the helmet is supposed to be a dragonhelm

next up, my bsb, Jyu Viole Grace
here its too a pegmaster, allso coldone rider, but he got a greenstuff hood (not completely happy with it -.-)
the banner is just a simple banner, with the handpainted army sign... shoul have taken the trouble of making a sjablon somehow...

next one up is Kuyashi Ashobha
my peg sorc with tome of furion :) happy that one realy went of good :)
this is btw my favorite model of the army

now my grimm reaper sorcer (yes he is a he lol) aka Deash Kynth
he's carrying just 2 random staffs I found looking through the "bits-pile" at our local gaming store (ppl drop their bits they realy don't want there and others can just take it for free :) ) and made her a greenstuff-cloak-mantle-thing to make him look more grimmreaperish... I realy need to pracitce my greenstuff skills :P

so far on my characters that where in that list... by using spare parts I made 2 more characters (damn, one of the spikes on the cold one hero's helmet broke of -.-)
realy proud of that cold one :)

now then, lets get to the rest of the army ;)

first up, i have a total of 60 xbowmen, some with command, some without, but I didn't have modeld any with shields... still time to do so ;)
here some examples (note that some have different helmets, some have purple gloves etc ;) diversety looks better than just plain everything the same)
overview of a small unit and base/movement trey
and one of my standard bearers (no he is not likking the standard xD)

then some shades
I even made skirmishing movement treys for them (a bit anoying in combat but looks realy good :))
here is the movement trey
sadly some of them (i have 20 of them in total) git their swords broken :( transporting them was apperently to much for them lol

noow the dark riders :) have allso 20 of them, 1 unit with full command and the other just muso.. here some of them
the champion (i like him :))
the banner dude
and some normal ones (lol that first one is epic, he goes in 2nd rank and still thinks he is the one getting the first attacks :))

so thats if for now :P if anything is ready, I'll post it here :)
hope you like it and don't mind the mistakes of a first time painter (even if i practiced some on the left over cold ones I had :P)
Rafapolit
Cold One Knight

Post by Rafapolit »

Samusin, just a quick 'heads up': there is a rule that I believe is still in place that limits the picture size to 800x600, you may want to edit your images to the smaller size before they delete them :(

Best regards,
Rafa.
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Yes -- the pics are too big. Please edit you post to link to smaller pics. It's not just a bandwidth issue -- the pics are such extreme close-ups that it can be hard to figure out what you are looking at.

On a more substantive note, it looks like you are applying your paint too thickly. it looks kind of clumpy. You should thin the paint down more, even when using a drybrush technique.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Samusin
Executioner
Location: see that shadow behind you?? thats where I'm hidden...

Post by Samusin »

lol how I reduce size?? -.- I uploaded them on a site, but it only gave me option to stay size or 200x300 lol and it was done on my mobile... so no paint or something there -.- I'll see to reedit it lol but today I won't make it anymore
8th edition Dark Elves w/d/l
2/4/3

still getting started, so don't mind that loses, they where sacrificed for the greater good xD
Lady kaerlith
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Lady kaerlith »

PM me an email address and I can send you the 800x600 versions if you'd like. It'll only take me about 20 minutes to do the whole batch.

Edit: Took 16 :3