[PLOG] Har Ganeth XIII Legion

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Har Ganeth Invasion PLOG

Post by Lord Drakon »

Update WIP Cauldron / Shrine

Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

So I finally finished my AHW Shades !

Assassins Creed Shades with Additional Hand Weapons

WIP Shades with Great Weapons

Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Lord Drakon

Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

I started working on the second unit of Shades and Dark Riders. In my fluff Har Ganeth Commander Lord Drakons family got killed by Malekiths Black Guard when they became too powerful, and Lord Drakon fled to the Blackspine Mountains. There he met and lived with the other betrayed Druchii (Shades) who always had been planning for their revange to take back Clar Karond. Lord Drakon had a vision of Khaine that he had to overthrow the corrupt who had lost the 'way' (Malekith, Blackguard, Corsairs) in order to preserve the Druchii race. Soon all clans of Shades gathered and they were the first to join the rebellion.

Therefore my Shades and Dark Riders are the same, only different in the way that one group is fast cavarly and the other scouts. As they lived in the cold mountains, they wear camouflage clothing to hide in the snow. As they are actually very bad ass survivors and fighters I hope to give them a heavier look than normal dark riders and shades. These 'camouflaged' units (white) are my chaff.

When Lord Drakon and the Shade clans invaded Naggaroth, they got an invitiation of Hellebron, who saw an opportunity to use this chosen of Khaine and former commander of the Executioners in order to become the Queen of all the Druchii through a cult of khaine. Therefore Har Ganeth became the new capital. Later on, the knights of Har Ganeth where planning with Malekith to kill the leaders of the Cult in excange of power over the city. This was discovered and prevented, and instead of death Lord Drakon gave the knights a chance to redeem their honour by fighting in the future battlefields on foot. To reinstall the knightly order, he promoted his most loyal executioners to knights to ride the powerful cold ones. He also was the first to use the older and weak cold ones as mules for the artillery train, which gave him a great strategic advantage in army movements above the other Druchii forces.

I hope to finish the Reapers today, Dark Riders really take a lot of time because of the horses so hope to find inspiration to work on them. I also hope to get a nice WIP army shot soon !
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

The knights of Har Ganeth who were planning a coup against the Cult of Khaine had to die. But Lord Drakon gave them a choice ; die under the executioners blade, or die at the coming battlefields under his command to redeem their honour. Most knights chose the latest option. Ever since, these fallen knights have been present on the battlefield for the glory of Khaine. While not fighting at the battlefield they are send to the arena's, where they transformed theirselves into the best trained warriors available to the Druchii.

Druchii Gladiators (Sisters of Slaughter) with Banner of Eternal Flame (the dragon)

Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Nice couple of updates there Drakon.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Amboadine wrote:Nice couple of updates there Drakon.

Thank you ! I have a small tournament coming up and some free time.

In the meantine, here are my warlocks. Shamans from the Southlands (Africa) captured in one of Lord Drakons expeditions. They were spared because of their bravery and skills. Every battle they paint their bodies with ancient battlepaint which gives them their magical powers.

Army shot

Jvh792
Highborn

Post by Jvh792 »

Great updates man! Thank you! I really like your drakon on foot. He's the best!
"With hate, all things are possible." - Malus Darkblade
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Thank you !

Its finally time to start painting the coolest Dark Elf models Games Workshop ever made : the Executioners.

Besides my witchstar/light council competitive list I have collected all the old Executioner models I found to make an all-executioner based army. In total I collected 65 models, converted 10 of them into Cold One Knights and two into handlers of Kharibdyss/Hydra.

Reinforcements from Har Ganeth

I first painted the command group, please let me know what you think of the colourscheme before I start to paint all them !

Jvh792
Highborn

Post by Jvh792 »

I like the unit champ! But I'm not crazy about the lack of color on the other guys. Maybe the bits and bobs you painted gold would look better in your primary color? But I like color a lot. If more mute is your thing, then go for it!
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Some Dark Elf tokens for skirmish games

Captured halfling

Slave cart

Hanged slave

Baggage 'cart'

Jvh792
Highborn

Post by Jvh792 »

lol, hilarious
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Although I am using Witch Elves recently in every battle, I had never painted them as I feared to paint skin / faces. Before this sunday I have to paint 20 as I attend a tournament with them, so I had no choice.

Fully painted model

Other with only skin done so far

I did not expected it, but I am actually very satisfied with how they look, especially the faces :D
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Nice update! those unit fillers look great - lots of character!

How many witch elves did you end up amassing?
Vulcan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vulcan »

For someone afraid of painting skin, you did quite a nice job of it! Mine looks decent, but never quite that smoothly done.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Thank you ! The first unit is nearly finished

What do you guys think of the boots, I used red to match the army colour, but I'm not sure
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

The Sorceress with Lore of Metal (Casting Searing Doom) holding Dispell Scroll

Army trays with full army for Bloodstorm.nl (1000 points)

14 witch elves to go, Hydra/Kharibdyss which is swapping heads needs refreshment, and then I will have completed my first fully army :D

Suggestions are more than welcome !
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Oke so after mentioning that she is casting Searing Doom I realized she was not agressively casting and had to adjust her a little

What do you think ?
Booah
Warrior

Post by Booah »

Awesome updates. This is now one huge force. I've been trying to settle on a colour scheme for my shades and was thinking the same about shades and dark riders as well and looking at yours has made my mind up. I think the red looks fine on the boots to tie it in. The sorcerer looks really dynamic.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Great work Drakon! I've finally picked up my brush again last night, and seeing how much you progressed in my own downtime is inspiring to keep working.. knowing how fast an army can grow if you keep at it :)
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Mikael.k
Black Guard

Post by Mikael.k »

I love the sorceress, so much character in that model :)
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Thank you all for the comments !

Although black is mostly used for our Shades and Dark Riders, white is a much more uncommon choice of colour. In chose the Assassins Creed look, but what about Wildlings from Game of Thrones style ? Very similiar lands they are living in like us Druchii.

I did not really knew what colours to use for the Sorceress, but the gold / black combination which is more often used for elite armoured units like Cold One Knights, Black Guard and Malekith did indeed worked out, also separating her as the general from the other silver / grey tones. She is also very easy to build for those interested, I only used wildrider and glade rider box with some little other bits. For total of $60 you can make 5 sorceresses and you have 3 horses + riders, 5 stags, 5 wildrider badass heads/bodies and lots of other nice bits for other conversions.

Good to hear Dearon ! I love how your finished army is going to be as the blue colourscheme you used for those warriors is simply amazing.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

So the host is completed except for 5 witches but I don't have the time and energy anymore to finish them ! I am very happy with the endresult for most of them :D Now hope they will kick some ass coming Sunday !

Har Ganeth Expedition Force

The Ladies

Sorceress Luna

The new Witches also known as Bitches (Lord Drakon likes to be in their company)

The old Witches also known as MILFs

Lord Drakon himself, holding the Battle Standard

The 'Outcasts'

Shades with captured baby Manticore called Pussy

Dark Riders with all-seeing eye banner

Reaper Bolt Thrower drawn towards the battlefield by two Cold Ones

War Hydra 'Jimmy'
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

It was great to play with the painted army, and it actually did very well !

I even got some votes for coolest army out of 42 ! :D
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Sweet wrap up of the army LD - do you have any more plans to add additional units?

That's also an exceptionally nice Sorceress on Dark Steed you have there.