Saint's Manticores (Pic heavy)

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Saint's Manticores (Pic heavy)

Post by Saintofm »

Here are a couple of manticore models I made using spar parts, a couple of toys from Hobby Town USA, and clay.

I got the inspiration for this after seeing a kitbash on Cool Mini or Not of one ridden by a Warriors of Chaos charecter. So why not do one for the dark elves? We have to get a beastmaster esk character again sooner or later.

Manti One, I call Blood Claw.

Its a Large Tiger toy, and cut out a piece of balsa wood to roughly match the hydra base. The beastmaster comes from the current Hydra/K Beast kit.

The tail is largly green stuff. I used the tiger's actual tail for much of the base of it, then pinned a paperclipp to it to act as a skeleton the rest of the way. Tried to base it off of an actual scorpion tail but I think I could have tried a little better. Shaped it then trimmed it with a hobby knife when it dried to finish it off. The stinger is a metal orc sword. The store I got it from had a bag of pewter bits and this looked good. Kinda gives it a Scorpinok look from Beastwars

The wings are from a resin demon from the reaper bones line. The main demon I will use as a stature, with little birdies and plenty of white pan plattered on it to make it look like it as well loved by pigeons.

Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra