inactive members

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Orteo
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Orteo »

Mainly the fact that everyone recieving the e-mail willingly gave out their e-mail to this site for no reason other than to get e-mails when someone here decides it is important. Spam is unsolicited. Since you registered for this site, it isn't unsolicited. Besides, is having to click the delete button one more time going to kill you?
We've all begun to die, and don't know what to do.
Since it hurts to pray to God, when God is dying too.
Takes strength to laugh, when you start to drown.
And we dance while the sky crashes down.

-Jason Webley
Kaleth blackheart
Beastmaster

Post by Kaleth blackheart »

Sorry i havent been as active as i could... im back now... sort of. But i will definately be there for the SoC, playing both sides mind (HE & DE)
Aspect Of The Pimp
Ambassador Of Druchii.net and TBG
Purging the Damned
Help a samurai out
Veldrik
Warrior

Post by Veldrik »

The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).

If they do use it for mass mailing, it is considered unsolicited email, and if anyone gets testy they can sue the board owners. And since it isn't a high profit organisation then that would be quite devistating on a forum like this. Even though it may not be fair to the forum the above quote makes it fully legal to do so. IF however they click a checkbox allowing them to be contacted by the admins, then it is alright. same as those opt-in ads at hotmail etc.

They should have just appended "and important information from our moderators" at the end of it.
Frans the Witch-hunter:
There's a Shadow Elf with a blunderbuss? I don't see... *boom*

www.worldofchaos.co.uk